Been working at Footlocker for 2 years now. I'm growing to despise it; ask me anything

Been working at Footlocker for 2 years now. I'm growing to despise it; ask me anything.

Why do you despise is?

foot locker is still in existence? how bout that

Probably because he isn't a creepy foot fetishist. Also, people are huge assholes to these types of workers.

I despise it because of my asshole manager who thinks I'm taking money out of the registers, and the bullshit people give me when we don't have the exact shoe or shoe size they come in and ask for. Like it's my personal responsibility to stock every single shoe in the store.

Well, I plan to buy shoes from there shortly, I've never run into problems there.

Are you taking money?

Yes but that's not the point.

Give me your worst sneakerhead experience.

what's the worst thing a customer can get away with in your store

Ignore this faggotI've never taken money out of a register. I might be fucking poor but I wouldn't steal from a company I work for.

I had some kid asking for shoes that were older than me, one time. Never heard of them in my life. He proceeded to go on for 15 minutes about how we don't carry quality shoes and threw the display shoes all over the floor.

It's always the managers fault. They think they're saving money by not ordering so much, but they're just missing out on making money. It happens everywhere. 90% of people are lazy and near retarded. Especially managers.

One time a customer brought me a shoe and told me the size he wanted and I went into the back and grabbed the box with the size shoes he wanted; standard stuff. As soon as I set them onto the counter to ring him up, he grabbed the box and ran away. He was a large guy, and I could have easily chased him and got them back, but I just notified security and I don't think they caught the guy.

Thank you, I needed to hear that. Maybe on the day I force them to fire me I'll tell him that.

Also some fat white bitch came in looking for some Jordan's for her BF and when I told her we didn't have his size she spit of my face and said I shouldn't be living in the same planet

Best sneakerhead experience/funniest?

One time a kid came in recording me with a cell phone making fun of my shoes. (What the fuck are those??.. Etc...) That dudes Jordan's had 4 fucking fingers on the hand, and I totally called him out for it. The whole place knew that kid was wearing fake Jordan's, and I haven't seen him since.

I used to be a fast food working, minimum wage slave, in a hot greasy oily steamy kitchen. Sweating my ass off during multiple hour lunch and dinner rushes by myself, no help. Dehydrated, tired, and stressed out.

You don't want to get fired just leave. I just started working for someone who runs their own business. It's nice because he cares about his employees. None of the corporate bullshit where everyone has 10 managers above them, and people only care about themselves. Just keep looking at non-corporate businesses where there's some downtime, so the job doesn't get old and you appreciate the free time.

You understand that the manager is taking money right? He just need some to blame it on when someone finds out.

How should I go about looking for a job while I'm still employed, to go work for after I'm done at Footlocker? Realistically, I have no applicable skills except in sales, so a sales job is probably my only option.

>2016
>people still spitting

>Been working at Footlocker for 2 years now.

Are you trying to make a career out of selling shoes?

I've tried to get people to review the tapes, but nobody listens to me...

Since I was 16 years old.

why would you work there if you didn't have a foot fetish?

You should have left two years ago. Go out and get a real job unless you enjoy making $9/hr dealing with niggers all day.

Originally I had really liked the idea of discounts on shoes. I've only gotten one pair of shoes out of my two years of working there. I don't complain to anyone about it though. I played a lot of basketball when I was younger but I hurt my back so I don't have as much of a need for discounts at Footlocker now.

If you're okay with starting at low wage, just look for small business like local grocery stores, cafes, music shops. And fill out an application with as much availibity as possible. Then if they hire you. Quit footlocker, don't work your two weeks notice, and just start up at your new job. If you're looking for a higher wage, you might have to settle for something corporate. You can always hang around and talk to the employees to see if the manager / owner is nice, and how much free time there is, if any.

Actually, I did really like it for the first 6 months or so. But now I just feel like I have all this useless shoe knowledge and no real applicable skills except for sales to help me in the real world. Payed pretty nice though, I got to buy myself some things that my parents never would have. Life is pretty good.

Thanks user. I'm only 18, just barely getting out of high school. Once I graduate, I'll be doing just that.

lmao, OP, you're retarded and will be fired soon

You don't know him. At least he's working, and not on welfare taking other peopl'es money.

That wasn't OP faggot.