If you could die and come back as a ship Sup Forums which would it be?

If you could die and come back as a ship Sup Forums which would it be?

>I would be the Yamato

Other urls found in this thread:

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Film_sets_of_Otoko-tachi_no_Yamato
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd rape your country before you were even built.

The Titanic, so I can die again

the iowa. I'd still be around and not rusting on the ocean floor.

is that the Vasa? Sank on its sea trials?

BOOM one less japanese fuck to worry about.

iowa vs yamato

First rate ship of the line m8

The Amistad II

the Arizona so I could just sleep forever ~_~. Battleship feels thread? Battleship feels thread.

The Starship Enterprise.

my dad

Flying Dutchman

too much pressure bro. you'd constantly get the shit beaten out of you in weird as fuck situations. being some simple little centaur class that only scans gas clouds or whatever would be way better

HMS Victory

The times...

Amatsukaze

the Good Ship Lollipop

so little girls will suck me all day every day

It is the epitome of the greatest empire the world has ever seen. It can tear through wood and steel while mantaining the grace of a king.

why do people want to be ships that died like little bitches?

vasaskeppet so taht i would end my suffering when leaving harbor. then get put in a musseum

I don't understand ships :3 I just picked one because I liked the name

Airship, I could go anywhere

Either that or spaceship

s.s. anne

how can beat Yamato?

just need a couple of planes with some bombs and/or torpedoes, really

the Edmund Fitzgerald

mighty Yamato

More like GAYmato!!

Ha!

Yamato fight back
Mighty Yamato always win!

a Viking Longboat

The Championship.

>implying

So you could be sunk during your first battle?

technically it was sort of involved in numerous fights beforehand but it had always been ordered to run away before any fighting could start

I would come back as "Queen Anne's Revenge"

Yamato have many guns
Look at all these guns Yamato have
Yamato mighty ship!

>all that anti aircraft artillery
>still gets sunk by planes
kek

The might Yamato now museum
Mighty Japan wonder mighty Yamato

so yeah, ill stand with sunk during first battle.

Rolling out your guns and flexing from the rear doesnt mean youre in battle.

Half the vessels displacement would of been ammunition alone.

Had it made it past the initial attack, it wouldnt have had been long till some idiot dropped a match, misloaded a shell, or just plain done something stupid before it turned into a gigantic fireball.

yamato was sunken in it's first engagement. it's pathetic. the queen annes revenge on the other hand... has destroyed many of the queens ships...

Yamato never sunk that imperialist lie
Yamato now museum

hmmm, your grammar is like a Japanese conspiracy theorist, but i know you are a weeb... a japan worshipping weeb.

lol

And the north koreans have a captured high tech american spy vessel.

that isnt that yamato, that is actually the "Azakano" from 1973

thats the shittest ship ever

just looks like some sort of mock-up to me

Missouri

Yamato Museum
Many tourist see mighty Japan Yamato
Many thank to great Japan!

actually, it is a replica. the hull is too short to be the yamato. i did a little research, and it is a replica of the fallen "Yamato"

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Film_sets_of_Otoko-tachi_no_Yamato

k

i currently live in japan for work, where is it i might visit it.

Tirpitz,
stay in Norway my hole life :ยด)

Laugh-ability aside, I deep down really wish the yamato put up more of a battle. I know its an impractical ship, with more guns than sense.

But it seriously looks badass. It looks like it could send over 200 shells just to open up, then send another 400 over just to check on the other guys.

That thing looks like what I imagine Arnold Schwarzeneggers cruising yacht would look like.

Battleships were made obsolete by first aircraft carriers and then even more so by Surface-to-surface missiles, since bith planes and missiles could fly further than the shells could.

Hiroshima Prefecture Onomichi City Mukaishima-cho according to wiki.

Yamato had range on the Iowa
the Iowas only hope was to have destroyers distract the yamato while they got in range.

mighty Yamato perfect design
testament Japan superior engineering

OR use the historical counter of massed planes.

the iowas best hope was to protect the carrier group that sunk the yamato, because fuck sending million dollar ships in to get sunk when you could send waves of much cheaper planes armed with very effective bombs and torpedoes instead

That too, but talking heavy weight VS heavy weight ships only. the use of planes is way different, hell now days 1 dinky ass 80foot cruiser, has enough missile payload to wipe out anything that floats now days.

>wooden decking supporting firing infrastructure.
>arguably top heavy.
>floating on a giant powder keg.

Cmon man, its a cool ship. But the only thing it really had going for it was pure intimidation factor. it LOOKED like it could hand you your ass on a plate.

No ship ever in history be as perfect and mighty as Yamato

If im going to be any piece of antiquated Japanese navy technology, Id be a I-400 class submarine.

Ill sink you with my torpedos, and finish you off with my MOTHERFUCKING PLANES OF DEATH LAUNCHED FROM THE SEA.

>Yamato cannot into AA

fuck you, I'm a french battleship sub. HON HON HON I will sink you with my 360 degree torpedoes or 8 inch guns

titanic cause I want to die

okay.

never seen that.

holy FUCKIN shit.

Watch out for them November gales bruh

>8 inch guns

nice pea-shooters man.

oh Im sorry, does your submarine have bigger guns?

Probably friendship

Bismarck vs Yamato

go!

And in typical french fashion, it never even got a chance to reverse out of a battle.

It spent most its time limping from port to port.

Yeah, hes pretty much got you there.

yeah, its between my legs. and its a lot bigger then 8 inches, and its got plenty of sea men to crew fire.

>you set yourself up for that one.

France had some nice weapons before WW2 broke out, too bad they never got good chances to use them

I'd come back as a relation-ship.

GET IT!?!?!

I get your reference and raise you one

chauchat machine gun.
>your argument is invalid.

kys

I'd only come back SOONER!

USS Constitution.

>WW1 machine gun
>shit
No shit

The gun was made in 1915. Machine guns weren't exactly new and unfounded tech at that time. It shouldnt have been a miserable failure of a gun that it is.

The gun would jam performing even the lowest rates of fire to anything comparable. It was cheaply and poorly made, and even french/vichy forces would throw it on the ground the first moment they could.

And this is the kind of question that we would all expect from someone who does bath salts on a regular basis

>Mfw no USS Ronald Reagan

>any ship from Nimitz class

My nigga.

Glad you brought up the Bismarck. I don't know about a vs battle but the Bismarck has an impressive story behind it.

Both OK ships obsoleted by airplanes.

Damnit I wanted to reincarnate into Iowa.

I know about its performance from whatever history channel special thats from, but it was still an automatic weapon designed during a time when no one really understood them that well yet. particularly for lighter ones that could be carried around like a rifle. by the time WW2 came around it saw very limited use because it had long since been recognized as a bad weapon.

Arguments aside, those things are really impressive war machines.

>not the Ford class named after America's saint and saviour, Harrison Ford

>impressive war machines
>still needs tug boats to pull in an out of port.
>impressive war machine

>Harrison Ford
>Autism

and then it doesn't need to be in a port again for an other three years, covering the entire globe with air superiority.

even longer for the newer aircraft carriers coming out

Agreed, but with some caveats.

It was only two years later that the most reliable and well founded machine gun was invented, the browning.

The british would train daily with the french, in machine gun application and warfare. They would mock battle with them day in day out.

You would think, that after a couple of months testing, and checking out your neighbors far superior designs, that you would make some adjustments. Or at least, take in some feedback from your troops and redesign around their specs.

But no. The french bicycle company that designed and built the gun, continued to pump them out exactly as is. Well into the 30s.

The gun design was that bad, that its still lauded today as one of the worst designs for any weaponry around the era.

Oh, too, nice attempted derision with the history channel comment. What are you, 12? I know what im talking about son, regardless of how many history docos youve watched.