/box/ Ultimate Punching Edition

/box/ get ready for some boxing action tonight on HBO at 9:00 ET. We've got a superb showdown between Rocky Martinez and Vasyl Lomachenko for the WBO SUPER FEATHERWEIGHT belt. This fight will probably be a good one!

On the HBO undercard overhyped Puerto Rican prospect Felix Verdejo that refuses to stop trying to turn into a superstar will be fighting Juan Jose Martinez.

Also on the HBO undercard way overhyped Chinese fighter Shiming Zou will be boxing Jozsef Ajtai for the utterly meaningless WBO flyweight title.

The non-televised undercard will be shown online at toprank.tv/index.jsp and might be watchable! It begins at 6:00 ET.

(1/2 Showtime fights covered in the next post)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jo1LZOnhfeE
youtube.com/watch?v=uyD2br9K3ZM
mytvfree4.me/watch/hbo-movies-usa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There are fights on Showtime too tonight. The fights start on Showtime Extreme at 7:00 ET.

The card is headlined by Ruslan Provodnikov vs John Molina Jr.

Also on the card: Demetrius Andrade vs Willie Nelson, Dejan Zlaticanin vs Franklin Mamani, Willie Monroe Jr (remember when Golovkin beat his ass) vs John Thompson, and a big sloppy heavyweight punchfest between Andrey Fedosov vs Miguel Heredia.

Bump!

Today's a pretty fucking nice day for boxing!

The undercard on toprank.tv is starting!

I'm going to Las Vegas for Crawford vs Postol. Any recommendations for stuff to do in Vegas? I'm not big on gambling.

neon museum, prostitute. drive a sports car, check out the homeless areas late at night

Showtime Extreme broadcast should be starting now!

Watching this over Loma, maybe it will be over in time though. I imagine Provodnikov will get the KO

Which fight is worth watching more, the Provodnikov fight or the Lomachenko fight?

Provodnikov vs. Molina will be a blood bath.

I was leaning toward this anyway, good to hear. I love Provodnikov fights. And he showed some improved defense in his last outing. But I know Loma has skills and is a rising young fighter, so I wasn't sure which to commit to watching.

Thanks OP. I box but it's so damn hard to follow what's going on and when, nice post

Watch one on tv, stream the other like a real fight fan.

banter
youtube.com/watch?v=jo1LZOnhfeE

I watched nearly two minutes and didn't see any banter. When does it start?

Correction to the OP, the HBO card does not start until 10:00 ET and I don't think the Shiming fight will be televised.

youtube.com/watch?v=uyD2br9K3ZM
these guys love fooling with each other

After this fight it's Provodnikov vs. Molina.

BIEBER BTFO!
BOLIVIA BTFO!

Am I on delay or something? Just watched the Bolivian go down on TV

Canada BTFO

who is everyone picking in the Provodnikov/Molina fight? Other than the fans, who wins?

Naw, it was something Malignaggi said (definitely rehearsed). He said "Bolivia getting destroyed twice in the US", probably a reference to some soccer tournament.

Either provo by stoppage or molina by UD. Either way there will be blood.

Provodnikov wins and probably lose Broner.

Provodnikov got this. Molina is 0/3 in his last 3 fights, and he looked like total shit against Broner.

oh I see, yeah they've lost all their games in the Copa America and have been eliminated early

Provo by TKO, no doubt in my mind.

Molina is getting knocked out

Provodnikov will beat Molina's ass.

Provodnikov would beat Broner's bitch ass.

Willie "pip" Nelson is up next
I think he'll fuck this goof up

Siberian Rocky is too small, man. Molina is way taller than him and lost to Broner.

Provodnikov would lose to Broner unless he can bring what Maidana brought.

It'll either be a great fight, or it'll be Broner UD.

fyi, despite provodnikovs barbarian style, he has two degrees.

not only is he an ex world champion. He's without a doubt tougher than you and smarter than you as well.

Who you guys got in Thurman v Porter? I feel like Thurman has got it.

I can't totally doubt Provodnikov, he brought it hard against Bradley.

that fighting fight is so damn good

Bradley totally didn't have to bang it out, but I'm glad he did

Thurman is favored by Vegas so I gotta go with him.

I hope Porter takes it.

That guy would fight ANYONE.

Porter for sure my man

Team boo boo baby

I hope DLH actually loses the trial and gets sued for $100M+.

anyone got a stream?

COUNTRY MUSIC GETTING BTFO

What's he on trial for?
He's fucking willie up
Dude doesnt use his height at all

>lanklets

Taima.tv/r/mma

Signed Canelo to a contract even though he was with another promoter. The old promoter is suing DLH for millions for punitive damage.

DLH did the same thing with Manny too IIRC.

Is the neon museum the same as the sign graveyard?

This guy boo boo would clown canelo honestly

>tfw didn't go to the store for snacks before /box/
>tfw will get hungry during the /box/

is it too late for predictionbro to take my picks?

It's very likely Canelo will go back to 154 after 3 years at middleweight and fight Liam Smith for a title. Smith is probably the easiest fight to get a title.

Who ya got, /box/?

Yeah chill by the pool and drink. It's going to be hot as fuck.

I can offer hot peanuts, beef jerky, bbq sunflower seeds, or goldfish crackers.

No go ahead and get em in

Has everyone just conceded that Canelo will never fight GGG after giving up the belt like a bitch?

I love that this black dude is named willie nelson.

tfw no acestream links on rebbit

Nelson starting to get in boo boo's head and turn this fight around

It'll never happen, partially because DLH is as big of a bitch as Canelo.

Canelo hasn't made 154 in 3 years. He's literally killing himself to avoid GGG.

I just want DLH to lose the lawsuit so he'll be forced to put on big fights.

Where do you live? Can you come to my house with snacks?

Doesn't feel that way to me

Also: dude seems like he has a big reach advantage. Why isn't he jabbing?

I'm staying at the Travelodge on the strip which I don't think has a nice pool, can I just go to another hotel's pool?

what is GGG's best fight now then? BJS? Jacobs? Move up to Super Middleweight?

who /magic man/ here

Nice pools are overrated. Watch Leaving Las Vegas for tips on doing it properly

Paulie is a bro, but he was never a superb boxer.

Andrade is going to get tired and get knocked out if he keeps up with this fancy dodging and punching.

Just keep watching.
He's tiring out boo boo by taking his best shots.

"For a guy from Hungary, he sure didn't fight like he was hungry." - @FreddieRoach on Zou Shiming's opponent

Ramirez at 168, lol.

Degale/Jack is going to unify. Ramirez wants to unify before fighting GGG.

Then GGG would just have to beat Ramirez and winner of Degale/Jack to become undisputed 168 champion.

Jacobs doesn't want to fight and BJS keeps saying "later". Eubank Jr recently said he wants to fight. But he's fighting next week or something, so he's probably just using GGG's name to sell his fight.

Literally no-one wants to fight GGG. He'll either fight a bum or move up.

cool I'm watching the showtime fights now. surprised to see there was a thread for it

Floyd will tell you Golovkin should fight Ward :^)

>Knocked out by a lanklet

I think I could break willie nelson's legs like chopsticks

>Ward needs a tune-up fight before fight with Kovalev in November
>tune-up fight is somewhere in July
>still no opponent named
>will probably name someone with 1 week left before fight date so the opponent has no training camp and is drained to shit

wew

I got a decent HBO stream for you lads

holy shit did you guys just see provodnikov's shorts? he's wearing back to the future stuff

is golovkin the most ducked fighter of the millennium so far? shameful.

this kind of thing is why i refuse to put ward on my top 10 p4p right now. even if he has the skills, he's not fought enough and he's acting like a bitch.

Me too

I give Molina 6 rounds, Provo's conditioning is crazy I don't think Molina is near that shape.

Missed the start. Did Nelson wear a cowboy hat to the ring? If I was his promoter I'd bill him as the black cowboy, rough rider , something.

We'll post it goof

how does it feel still living at home

That's sort of like my setup only there's no bookshelf, the TV is on a table from Goodwill that still has the pricetag on it, and there's a stereo and spakers on the floor because I never bought speaker stands.

Also there's trash on my floor.

mytvfree4.me/watch/hbo-movies-usa

Why are hbo and showtime using the same ring?

Not him but if I had that setup I wouldn't move out either

he looks a lot like chad ochocinco there's a lot he can do

I hid all the trash and empties for the picture lel

Saunders and Eubanks have been talking so much shit, I hate how people don't blast them more often for pretending they want to fight

because tecate sponsors boxing all the time

>Not taking pride in all your trash and empties

>tfw I quit drinking alcohol and at the peak of my drinking there'd be 30+ beer cans on my floor and I miss it

>Sup Forums and Sup Forums tabs
>no troll tabs

Still waiting or....

Why are these tall guys never great? Looks like it should be easy

I kept confusing Ochocinco and T.O. in my head, I knew Nelson looked exactly like one of them though

Man willie has a chin on him

Eubanks Jr turned down a re-match with Saunders lol. And he said he "wants" to fight GGG.

All of my keks.

Featherdusting dago. The faggot paved the way for pansy pillow fisted poofs filling boring 12-round undercards. The biggest challenge for boxing fans these days is staying awake until the main event.