Any German Sup Forumsros willing to translate the back of these old WW2 photos for me?

Any German Sup Forumsros willing to translate the back of these old WW2 photos for me?

More pics inside

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sütterlin
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah, okay, why not

Give us some text to translate

"Jan. 1944 Westerland (Strandba[d)]"

means: January 1944 Westerland (lido)

dude, that's Sütterlin, it's gonna take me a while

Theres all the photos

kek, asks Germans to translate, it's all written in fucking sütterlin

This written in fucking High Elven or some shit?

the title is: encounter betwen adlolf hitlet and mussulini in veneze 1934

part of this work are the 6 picture-groups/collections 62-67.

Shall I continue? Will only do it if you ignore all typos.

Where did the photos come from?

Jesus fucking Christ is that even the alphabet or some scribbles of a madman?

Antarctic super base foundation ?

Collection No. 15

Adolf Hitler

Picture No. 66
Group 64 [those are collectible prints of photos you had to put into the album you bought with them]

Encounter between Adolf Hitler and Mussolini in Venice 1934

---

Belonging to this oevre are picture groups 62 to 67. The Reichs photo correspondent, Heinrich Hoffmann, made the selection and the artistic edition of these pictures; draft for the cover and title are by D. H. W. Babdank, Berlin, the graphical design by Carl Ermst Poeschel, Leipzig. Close coworkers and veteran comrades of the Führer are adressing the public in this book and are describing the man Adolf Hitler by his clear way of feeling and thinking, by which he has earned the respect of the world and the never-ending love of the German people.

---

The collection we have published until now are listed on the backside of our picture checks [?]. Further publications are in preparation.

Wait, where the hell did you get Sammelwerk cards?

cont

The selection and artistic editing of the oictures was done by the reichs-picture-correspondant/reporter of the NSDAP, Heinrich Groffmann; Design for cover and title und von D.?.W Badank, Berlin the graphik layout by Carl Ernst Poelchen, Leipzig.

>Sammelwerk cards for sure.

Granted. I'm a history nerd. Got a little excited.

>Sütterlin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sütterlin

Here's the translation table, too lazy myself srry.

My mom got them from one of her patients that was a WW2 infantryman

The green text was an accident, im agreeing with you, obviusly could be fake but thats a Sammelwerk card for sure.

already on it, but the hand writing is a bit ... creative and it has been a while since I had to read Sütterlin. also there are some names in there, so it's extra hard to figure out what's going on in that text

I'm dutch and I've got enough trouble reading Fraktur, that besides the fact even that my only german source for learning some as of now is ZDF news.

Anyways good luck, Truly admire you dedication to the cause.

I have studied history and have worked in museums, but this is a bit much right now. there are names, I guess, but I have a hard time figuring this out.

this is atrocious. but its basicly saying

Eriunnerung aus something something

Memories of something. judging by the date and the uniform i think he just went trough nco school

"Erinnerungen aus meiner Sch[?]zeit"

also there is a name:

"Feg[?]bart Schloßmacher
[8]. (M.g.) I. R. 29"

Erinnerung aus meines Soldatenzit Engelbawt. That is about as much as I can make of it.

Memory of my time as a soldier Basically

"[] Erinnerungen aus meiner Soldatenzeit
Engelbert Schloßmacher"

[missing] memories from my time as a soldier
Engelbert Schloßmacher
then follows the designation of his unit (29th infantry regiment)

it really takes a team effort

What was the person thinking who designed that.

This is a quality thread I wouldn't expect from Sup Forums

Good thread OP

designing what?

As far as I got, I think his name his Engelbert Schloßmacher.

Suetterlin, fucking cancerous

it was an easier version of Kurrent developed for the Prussian ministery of education; it's just very different from our current styles of writing. there was a time when I was fluent in writing and reading sütterlin, but that was back at uni.

i wanna see all the pics

Op here, already dumped them above