Ask an user with a phd in mathematics anything

Ask an user with a phd in mathematics anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=greater than symbol
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's it like being smart?

is the universe random?

2+2=?

What's your plan?

How's it like being paid a >$300K salary?

Tips for going into calc 2?

dissertation topic? You don't have to say what it actually is if you don't want. Just curious for contextual reasons.

I'm starting physics studies next year, any advices?

what is your view on other "non-hardcore" degrees such as humanities, political science, sociology, anthropology etc. ?

Being logical helps the way you observe the world in a different way and once you find the beauty in mathematics you learn to appreciate it

Practice

This means less than 300k right. If your trying to say greater than 300k it would be the other way.

What function should I use to shape the output of an FFT?

I personally think they are okay to some degree but times are changing and the world is revolving more in technology

How's to be an ultra-fucking-virgin?

lmgtfy.com/?q=greater than symbol

300k is more than

Do you do anything has any real world applications?

Switch to a womens studies degree , fuck yourself for taking applied mathematics you fuckwit

Like with psychedelics and seeing patterns?

kek

how's your non existent social life?

i worked statistics but now im a professor

I've always wondered.... What's mathematically going on in that pic?

And then I just loose it, cause it cracks me up.

Change to math, why would you want less if you can have it all, after you learn all you can about math, you can read some physics with proper understanding, not stopping at every formula and trying to find some forced "intuiton".

do you see yourself as superior to others or are you enlightened enough to know that your consciousness is an illusion and that you have no free will?

its fine, hows working at mcdonalds going?

Are you any good at Kerbal Space Program?

no it isnt you fucking moron

I'm an economics major and I'm about to do an extra year to get a math minor, to help get into grad school.

What do you say to people who say they hate math?

I just tell them they should be more patient. That's how I began liking math.

As if those two statements were completely disjoint.

well is it?

Fish

I hope you step on a lego.

Fuck man.. harsh. Not even lyin

Math is a language, and also is completely different in comparison of what they teach at school, they can't hate something they don't know, they don't know math.

i wanna learn how to math for KSP reasons

I tell them that mathemaics is the universal language

Why is math hard.

I agree. I also think that in high school they let kids think they suck at math and that's a perfectly acceptable place to stop trying. That way it's not the teachers' problems.

What was your PhD about? Specializations?

Oh look, a Hillaryfag.

derivation of the time dependent Schrodinger equation

Math is hard if the education system fails you, if you are missing the core you will struggle. when you get past tje LEARNING CURVE you will enjoy it.

what is the function for the learning curve

no is trumpfag, get deported you chinese cartoons watching beaner!

Do you have any interesting or unique problems mathematically that you are stumped or puzzled by?

Or some sort of golden ratio or something that blows peoples minds?

english plz

When you tell people what you do in social circles and they turn away or change the subject through pure Bordem at hearing the answer, how do you feel?

you should mutilate yourself for taking economics , you are not a mathmatician, you are a sell out driven by money.

how do you feel for contributing to the development of the next technological atrocity, like the next atomic bomb?

i never talk about maths with people unless they are interested. no point on discussing the universal language with liberal art and business majors.

why did you post a picture with no maths in it?
do you take the AoC?
algebra or analysis?
are you able to do basic arithmetic in your head? are all the people who are just maths and can't dumb?
hardest class you took?
how long did your phd take?

X300
Which is greater than 300? You moron.

Economists actually don't necessarily make more money than an intellectual in any other field. Economics is very important because everything is driven by utility, by costs and benefits. Somebody has to study the laws that apply to that.

I never called myself a mathematician. However math is the language of economics.

I have a friend who is a MS in mathematics who told me that many PhDs do LSD a few times to "open their mind to the abstract". Have you or your colleagues done this?

your friend is retarded , you should get new friends.

Has math always been easy for you?

so, can you solve dy/dx = 2*y(x-1)

I also find that most people with your opinion are people who tried to grasp economics and just couldn't so they just insult anyone who does enjoy it.

Can you help me with my tax return?

no, was expelled from highschool and then got into math. mathematics isnt only for autists

i have a phd in mathematics, im three times smarter than you, get the fuck out of my QandA with your retarded economics degree.

That's pretty encouraging actually. I've always been behind in math, and I'm going to fail mathematics on A level, but I'm going to spend the next year doing nothing but working and learning math.

Hopefully I'm not a retard and it will work out.

Specialization?

Can you explain how Fourier transforms work? I think I generally get it but don't see how it's similar to working with an inner product space. The professor keeps using inner product spaces to explain them.

you're mean

Y, hence why I said that when you write "something" (e.g. you make)

Meh, wanted to reply to the guy you replied to. Scratch that

are you fucking retarded

How does your colon smell? Your head is pretty far up there

study smart, it can be very unmotivating when you do not progress after long study sessions, something liberal art degree majors have problems with.

Economics is driven by Human Action. The economy is just the actions of millions of people producing and consuming goods and services. If you try to represent economics as mathematical equations with laws akin to physics, you will fail.
Economics has more to do with the fields of psychology and philosophy than math.

Not him but Y = ((x^2)/2 -x)^2 or something like that

also what degree are you getting??

Nevermind im a fokn retard

womens studies

That is also true. But if you assume everyone is trying to maximize their utility the math actually does work out. In the macroeconomy, I totally agree that there is a lot of work to be done.

But in micro, you might be surprised how well the mathematical models actually apply when individuals are making choices. That has been shown in natural data but also in lab experiments. It's actually really cool.

kek

check 'em

now OP has to solve this

kill yourself you jew, ur degree is business phaggot. u are not ln the same level as STEM degree.

get left behind

Does the equation in the pic make sense`?

yes

Economists aren't jews, economists study jews and how they interact.

off by one :(

Which branch of mathematics?
Are you thinking about postdoc or going into industry?

taking the bad math bait. you were off by 3

srs question, op

Would if be practical to get 2 doctorates in Mathematics and Computer Science? Ive been thinking about wanting to work on quantum computers and I though a degree in math would be better than a degree in physics

we mathematicians work with logic, we are overpopulating with peasants in africa who are illiterate so an atomic bomb would be good

I respect STEM jobs so i will answer your question . last i heard computer science is a science thus more theoretical so mathematocs should be the better pick . not applied mathematics also known as physics

Do you fear to delay a flight by working on board?

Increased economic prosperity leads to a decrease in population growth rate. We don't need bombs or famine. We just need sustainable economic development.

The guy that delayed the flight by solving a differential equation was an economist.

thanks for having me on, /b, op is signing off.

i recommend stem careers, dont do business.

I'm not OP, just an average retard, but let's try. 2*y(x-1) is already a derivative, right, so the antiderivative of it would be (x-2)xy + C. now what the fuck to do with that, I have no idea

You can also look at joint degree programs. Additionally, PhDs in CS aren't very common unless you want to do research/teach in the field. A Masters might work for you with the math phd. Many of my math profs were very competent in comp sci as well and didn't seem to need the additional degree to do work tangentially related to comp sci.

think of it like this
x=salary
x300k

applied math is science, which is air, light, water pollution, antibiotic resistance, surveillance, genetic engineering, endless drone warfare, nuclear war, and, as Hardy said, pure maths is even more useful than applied. so you're not in a bubble of blamelessness

and you're right, it's poor people who suffer the most consequences, but bombing Africa is not what I want to argue here

His work is in search theory, if anyone's interested.