Why don't manufacturers make cars like this anymore?

Why don't manufacturers make cars like this anymore?

Some cars nowadays just look either shitty or just dull and forgettable. What happened to really unique concepts? Am I missing something here?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10174882
chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/ls7.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

think pedestrian safety
also, price

All cars past 1985 suck balls.

Also aerodynamics for maximum fuel efficiency. Government mandates average MPG for cars sold has to be something like 50 MPG by 2025 I think.

nah, but a lot of them do

All bikes suck balls, AND they kill get you killed.

that car was never made so no they don't make them like this

different era, different style

All bikes suck balls

Also, it's cheaper to not change much and just update the inside tech.

You're tricking yourself.

When that car was made there were mostly dull shitty family cars. We actually have more fun vehicles now then we did back then.

posting best car in the history of man

No. All cars past 1985 actually fucking work, heat up your ass in the morning, illuminate the road at night like never in the past, and don't rust.

Regulations

Front/side impact, pedestrian safety, efficiency

Pleb level non motorcycles faggots

Found the cheese nigger

Majestic and unforgettable car, 1959 Cadillac Eldorado
All things like Citroën Cactus, BMW i3 and Fiat Multiplay can eat a dick and die

You do know that redneck are taking old cars and making them do the same things right?

its because the government outlawed those cars

only boring cars are allowed

boring cars go slower, therefore causign less accidents, therefore reducing insurance costs, therefore making wall street more money

wall street owns the government, ergo, boring cars

I don't understand. What do they exactly do?

See? Look at that piece of shit. It has fins, big fucking deal.

Auto design was dulled down into the generic boxes we see today. No imagination. No spirit.

they make the guns point out of the back like in those jones bond movies

3 words: lowest common denominator.

I miss the flip up headlights from the 80s.

Put immensely powerful and reliable engines in them. Make the heat work, put modern headlights in them, and repaint them to keep them from rusting.

This faggots just mad because he cant ride.
>MFW
>Pic related

>boring cars go slower, therefore causign less accidents, therefore reducing insurance costs, therefore making wall street more money

Jesus fucking Christ, you're stupid. Just... wow.

but he's got a ticket to ride

go and drive around in your masterfully aerodynamic hideous forgettable car

Now here's a treasure: the Figaro. I think only 10K were manufactured and were all snapped up by collectors. From the late 80s I think.

Great design.

and yet its true, whether or not i'm stupid

Mackenzie Sprite. YES.

actually, no

Except that's not true

Actually, slow cars have higher insurance premiums. Can't go merging onto the interstate at 30 mph. Although fucking morons stop on the fucking ramp so there isn't any point anyways.

You were probably conceived in the back of that majestic beast, you ungrateful faggot.

Ugly, but well-designed.

How is that not true?

Fucking rednecks? What the fuck?

What you mentioned is "restomod." And this what companies like Singer, ICON and many others do. Not some rednecks.

Behold, one of the best cars of all time:

ok

P1800!!!

and yet this is factually incorrect, insurance premiums have continued to drop as fatality rates have come down; fatality rates have dropped steadily as the average top speed of cars has dropped; therefore proving that slow cars actually have lower premiums for insurance

all while guaranteeing wall street even more money

That's a pleasant-looking little car. Looks rather exquisite.

Someone past some dank 50s and 60s dashboards, those things were sick too. Now we just have fucking black plastic, it's like everything in the automobile industry just decided that cars couldn't be fun anymore.

Gorgeous lines

Safety laws and crumple zones.

Keep lying to yourself.

You can buys kits to do just about anything.

not as pretty as the nazca lines, but still

Love this one

yep, that one had the highest passenger capacity of all of them

>and yet its true,
Yeah, if you're a retarded ork in a fictional universe, where painting something red makes it go faster.
Seriously, how retarded do you have to be to think a "boring" design makes a car go slower? If anything, modern designs are far more aerodynamic, and because we have more efficient engines today than 50 years ago, they're also more powerful, and thus faster.

>the government is owned by "Wall Street" which means we have get cars made in other countries.

Your art school is showing.

Is this a Sunbeam Tiger?

Nah, that's a Honda.

If you get a real classic car (pre 1950 I think it is) you can get classic car insurance, which is actually considerably cheaper than other insurance

looks like a VW Beetle (at least a bit)

Use the motherfucking Google and stop spitting bullshit.

>MFW I'm white trash
>Live in trailer park
>Work on classics all the time

Whatever it is its fucking sexy

one is at 3 MILLION miles with the original engine

boring designs make cars go slower, just look at the facts

>2016: slowest average top speed of all car models available since 1965
>2016: cars are boring as hell, they all look like pills on wheels
>2016: lowest fatality rates in the history of the automobile
>boring = slower = safer

it's just facts guys

Also contriboot to the array of actually good looking cars, a '71 mach 1 mustang. Shame they don't look like this anymore

Not a great photo, but I sure like this car. This is a Tiger.

Okay this just has to be b8 now. No one is this regarded and purposely obfuscatory.

oh sorry, the $200,000,000 that wall street is pumping into elections this year is just because wall street is nice, they're not expecting anything in return, you're right

>mfw people are this naive

Really?
Shit. My gramps gave me a 1951 Ford Convertible. Thought I was in the gold.
I also thought there was a 25 yo car law or some shit that dictates whether or not a car is a classic.

Always loved Mercedes

when we don't like facts, we call it b8, i get it

I love this one

great car

strawpoll.me/10174882

I don't need google you nigger. I've had my nose in catalogs since I first started driving asshole.

chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/ls7.html

BAM! Drop that into any old piece of shit you like and have an easy starting and reliable 500HP.
If you like autos, I would throw a 4l80e behind it.

And yes, rednecks do this shit. If a redneck wants a brand new ls7 all they gotta do is go through the gun collection and decide what they can live without.

Now do you want to talk about something stupidly easy like heat and headlights?

Get the fuck out you ignorant piece of shit.

Check this one out!!! Major attitude!!!

In GA the car has to be 20yrs old or older and you can register it as an antique. That's the only stipulation

i mean what happened to mercedes? (2015 c-class)

fucking spic lovers

Gullwing MB. Not a great photo though.

Finally someone noticed, there must be a market for originally looking cars/full retro designs, it's just that the existing companies seem to be too lazy to tap into it.

Pic related, my dream car's shape (minus the specs).

Get on my level.

Right after WWII in the US both cars and gas were cheap compared to today. Since one car was pretty similar to another changing the fashion of auto styling every year was incentive for customers to buy a new car even when the one they had was still perfectly good. Just so as not to look out of style.

Now that cars and gas are much more expensive people value economy, reliability and low maintenance over style. Today's cars are boring in terms of looks, but you don't have to spend hours under the hood every weekend to keep them running correctly. Pretty much any of them can make it over 60k miles with nothing more than oil changes. Few if any of the cars pictured ITT could do that.

Didn't know BMW made a Corvette.

Best I've ever had. 1977 F100 custom long bed. I paid 400 for it and built it to a point. Wish I had never gotten rid of it.

I've got a 180sl.

Here's the ultimate redneck mobile

This is what it looked like when I bought it

Ahk, cool, i think mine is 25.

You're a real piece of shit.

The General Mayhem is fucking amazing.

Let's talk about how fucking stupid it is to have two doors for a car with 3 passengers and a driver.

Last I knew it had a hellcat in it. Wonder when they plan to pull it back out?

>WHAT YOU CANT DO THAT

>THATS IMPOSSIBLE

>GOOGLE IT FAGGOT

Everyone hates my car but I love it.

What about the cars that seat 5 with only 2 doors and to get out, you need to move the front chairs?

Is it a Buick Grand National?

The only 70's era Mustang I'd ever consider owning... 60's, 80's, and almost anything Roush or Saleen I wouldn't mind owning, but I'm not about to break my back to own a Mustang...

Yee Yee!! The Burt Reynold's special... A vehicle specifically designed to identify trailer trash everywhere... I hate this entire body generation; just looks like shit to me... Worse when they started putting the urethane bumpers on in the late 70's...

Fucking gorgeous.

Also, contribootin', my '70 Roadrunner project that I inherited from Dad... Lack of time and money (mostly money) is why it's still in the shape it's in, but at least it's not too terribly rusty...