>leaves Townsend at home
>leaves the lad who drinks all the water at home
>leaves Vardy on bench
>starts Lallana
>Kane is taking corners
>brings wilshere on for arguably the best player on the night

Has he got a plan lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/B606B54F7E1091483973005328384_14032042482236e5d8b8c22.mp4.mp4?versionId=B.C_P6Nf9k5anE.YbF.8VcF0UjaaVXIa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like the eggy one the best

Alan in a partridge pear tree would do a better job than this fucking owl..

He's fucking brainless la

>plebs like you understanding the system
Funny how every guy in the pub thinks he can do a better job than a professional with a proven track record.

>a proven track record.
kek

>track record

list the things he's won

i'll wait

I actually thought lallana played well. Kane was shit why he's taking our set pieces is beyond me. Sterling is also terrible but why Milner was brought on just to chase the ball like a terrier was retarded.

We didn't make it our the groups in the WC.. Proven nutter is all he is.

Also never stepped foot in a pub but spent the last 21 years actually playing the sport.. Academy level and all so I would like to think I know my stuff when it comes to the sport.

its standard shit manager thinking "welp its the last 10 minutes, better tighten up"

instead of actually pursuing the game for the other 80 and making sure you have a two goal lead

he is so conservative its ridiculous, no wonder he couldnt get any club jobs after liverpool

Only the LMA Manager of the Year Award.

The team sheet would deny your claim but you're right about the last ten minutes

it was still only one upfront in a team with 3 top level strikers combined with a relatively slow midfield

against russia, who are championship level, its just so obvious that two strikers are needed

>leaves Townsend at home
Good.
>leaves the lad who drinks all the water at home
He's overrated.
>leaves Vardy on bench
Vardy should have come on.
>starts Lallana
Lallana was actually pretty good, even though he can't finish for shit.
>Kane is taking corners
I don't understand this either, he's been terrible at corners in friendlies as well.
>brings wilshere on for arguably the best player on the night
Rooney was impressive, but he did look tired as fuck by then.

I think the biggest mistake was Milner. Him losing possession was what invited pressure, leading to the goal. Will probably find he wasn't tracking back either.

Townsend is a good winger and consistent, we need him for the burst of pace and brashness out wide.

Danny drinkwater was a key player to Leicesters league triumph, it's clear to see he has something.

Rooney did not look tired as fuck, that's the look of someone playing in humid weather.

Lallana was average with a few good spells here an there.

>builds wall

>Townsend is a good winger and consistent, we need him for the burst of pace and brashness out wide.
Stopped reading there.

Wilshere is good.

crashing this plane

Make a point at why you don't think he is a good player.

>bring four strikers to the tournament
>revert back to a 1 striker formation

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>I know better than a professional manager with 20+ years experience

want to know how I know you're retarded?

Are you stupid, having a winger who attacks the defence instead of trying to play it around them helps the attack more.

I don't think I know better, refer to please.

Because he brings nothing to the table that you don't already get with Sterling.

Hell, why not bring Walcott if you want yet another pacy winger in the squad?

Townsend brings blooters

Sterling tries to dance his way through a game and Walcott tries to get in behind the defence.

Townsend attacks the defence, he gets at them and forces play. Do you watch the EPL or even the games when Townsend plays?

>literally fields 10 nig-nogs and Rppmey

Kek

And Kane. And Dier. And Lallana. And Cahill. And Hart.

Literally over half the team was white.

stohbewwy. dey tastle like stohbewwy

What does "attacks the defence" even mean?

This.

Bringing on Milner was the mistake. Should have been Vardy or Rashford to hit them on the counter with pace.

It's actually 5 strikers if you class Rooney as one.

>Select and field Spurs players
>Surprised when they choke

England pls

But he's fucking terrible at beating defenders, every time I've seen him try its some shitty step overs before losing possession. His quality is running into space and crossing, with the very rare blooter.

He gets on the balls and attempts to take them on or draw in fouls, either ends up with a free kick to us or a defensive error on their part. It's a term used quite abit here, at least from what I have experienced

But Sterling can do exactly that (he's one of the most fouled players in the league) and at a level that's higher than Townsend. It's just a matter of coaching to get him to play like this

He forces defenders into errors and tackles that most likely lead to fouls, he may fumble the odd step over but who doesn't?

He makes sure he is forcing the defenders to play their hand early, he wants to either go through or around you with the ball. Sterling runs like a T-Rex and fails with the majority of his technical play at international level.

Townsend and his pace would have been a big help in that match

But the majority of the times he is fouled the ball is nowhere near the goal, it's either 10/15 yards from the half way line or when he is hugging the touch line.

Sterling earns those fouls mostly 10/15 yards from the halfway line in each half and when he is essentially hugging the halfway line. Townsend makes sure he's doing it in positions that his team can exploit and use to their advantage.

I got so paranoid that I failed to post, using my phone.. I look like such a pled right now

it's like Wally 2.0

what I don't understand is bringing subs on who tighten up the game. surely you want impact subs who can bring flair and speed as the opposition tire?

>it's like Wally 2.0
>Woy qualified for Euros winning every match
>Wally failed to qualify for Euros

Americans are so dumb.

It's the England way, go 1-0 up then try to defend for the rest of the match.

it just seems counter-productive. Armchair-managing from me, but I'd play 4-4-2 with Dier and Wilshere in the middle for example, then bring Alli on for Dier in the second half to open the game up

England played well to he fair.

All this abe and hatred is not fair really lads.

Why on earth is everyone obsessed with England.

Even the Irish do it...muh premier league lol england list I love Stevie G haha Stevie G lost

I think they all take English gloating literally, when we talk about how great England is and gonna win the tournaments etc it is very much ironic and deliberately hyperbolic.

Like this pic for example

Is the Townsend defender in here a Newcastle fan? Just wondering.

is it possible to bring townsend in if somebody gets injured

I know mate

Lads her spend more time arguing over the england line up and sqaud than they so about Ireland. They don't even realise they do it.

Two lads in work proper arguing over drinky. Spend two mins talking about Ireland and twenty about England

>b b but im gona laugh when they lose.....I swear

Well England is the dominant sporting/cultural force in the isles so it makes sense.

I was thinking more continentals and Americans having no sense of irony, and being needlessly bitter.

Irish rugby fans aren't like that, but they are annoyingly chippy
>we beat France, they always overperform in World Cups
>only the All Blacks stand in our way of winning the Worldc Up
>t-the quarters were the aim
>L-los Pumas are the next New Zealand

Mate do you really expect Americans to understand banter? Bit naive there lad

Irish ruby fans are the definition of the bandwagon. Just can't get behind them due to this.

It's pathetic

>Lallana was actually pretty good, even though he can't finish for shit.

His chances were the clearest and he had multiple of them and missed them all. His not international standard, has never played well for England and he should be dropped for Wales.

But this is Woy, playing Rooney in midfield was a masterstroke, it felt wrong when we were able to control possession in midfield because of him so Woy does get some things right, its just on a 6:1 ratio; why can't coaches just go with the consensus for a change, give it a try. I'd of even prefered Walcott to Lallana, least he can finish.

mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/B606B54F7E1091483973005328384_14032042482236e5d8b8c22.mp4.mp4?versionId=B.C_P6Nf9k5anE.YbF.8VcF0UjaaVXIa

kek

>Lallana
>White
HAHAHAHA!

>play pre-tournament friendlies with no wingers
>suddenly decide to play with wingers against Russia
>oops lol I only took one in the squad

Yep. As a Wales fan I actually your team, there are plenty good players and when they ignore Joe they play some attractive rugby, but the fans piss me off a lot. It's like r/rugbyunion coalesced into one fanbase

We are going to lose to Wales, I can just feel it.

I shall then have to commit sudoku.

*actually like

Are you fucking kidding me? Townsend is super direct and can actually score a goal. Sterling has just been le pacy dribble with no end product man for England

Lallana is good

People are saying we played well, but in retrospect this is going to look like a shit result, as Russia are the worst team in the group by a distance.

>Townsend
Love to see the reaction if he actually played fucking Townshit in a Euros

It's mostly women having the craic and laughing hahahahahahha I don't even know the rules cmon Ireland woo these players are proper men u like "soccer" players wimps

Yeah, then draw against Slovakia. We're just not cut out for this game anymore lads, the game is rigged.

As soon as the Chinese swarm snooker we'll only have Darts left.

I agree with every part of this. Biggest mistake was not bringing Vardy on around 60th minute when their already slow defence was tired

>we'll only have Darts left
EBEJ will bring rugby home, and there's always EBEH and EBTH
not to mention EBTF and EBAJ

Thank you, someone who sees it to!

This
It's starting to sink in that Russia are trash

Surely heads will roll if Wales beat us and we don't come top of the group?

when you play with massive pace you simply have to win against 50 year olds who are missing their 2 best players

you'll pull a heroic victory against Slovakia same as vs Slovenia in 2010 then get a good team and go out

maybe, but I'd look forward to the wendyball equivalent of this frog

why is uruguay brown

they are pretty brown

Woy is obviously pro brexit, and prolly has some pundit job lined up with sky for the final.

good, townsend is brainless(no more thank barkley though)
bad, should be there
bad, better than sterling
good, lallana was good - worked well with walker
bad, seriously wtf?
meh, rooney was tiring and wilshere did well enough

I have a feeling Ramsey is gonna go god mode again when we play Wales.

Imagine our team vs god mode Ramsey, we'd get absolutely annihilated.

Woy never plans anything, I've given up on his management, hope we get Pardew in next..

Roy is building for the future :^)

That's cool but his management is small club mentality :(

Woy "the owl" Hodgson

I know. Help.

Sterling really is >that kid
He just made a career out of it

Fuck, sides gone.

Ramsey is shit m8

Vardi is scoring from all over the field in PL. Woy leaves him on the bench.

Only the English lel.

The Somalians on the playground thinking they will play for Madrid imitating Nani's style of play.