Life is a futile and meaningless game where literally whatever you do...

Life is a futile and meaningless game where literally whatever you do, you're just chasing a neurochemical reward in your brain. It doesn't matter how materialistic or spiritual you are, it's all the same, just neurons firing gratification patterns in your head.

By merely existing you are imposing suffering and death upon other sentient beings and yourself, it doesn't matter how vegan or ethical you are, your very existence creates carnage around you. And you will also ultimately suffer and die no matter who you are or what you do in this life.

There won't be any lost loved ones or god(s) waiting for you on the other side of death either, all religion and promises of an afterlife is just the neurotic fantasy of petty doomed beings desperately trying justify their meaningless existence.

The universe and all life in has no intrinsic meaning and the only guarantee you have as a sentient being is that your very brief existence will be replaced by the eternal void of no awareness after your bodily functions cease.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TuiNtC4kURk
youtube.com/watch?v=TFfKWaM1Bp8
youtube.com/watch?v=IdbpyQGWFd4
darklyrics.com/lyrics/ayreon/01011001.html
terrybisson.com/page6/page6.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7tScAyNaRdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MFy730AY1Ec
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post fap depression sucks bro

You are a total faggot.

We're all total faggots in the game of life.

We suck life's dick?

Whoa dude

Yeah I'll probably kill myself too

What's your address, we'll do it together :)

Amen

It fucking does

I know middle school gets hard, but you'll have to pull through.

holy fuck dude, then ill just enjoy the time i have left while not giving a fuck about things i destroy.

And still you blindly hope that is not the harsh truth, like everyone else, but still nothingness is not that bad after all.

Lol.
I know you aren't, being a middle school student and all, but I'm pretty happy with my life.

Even the people who think that nothing matters still soapbox and proclaim it. Spreading the word that nothing matters is a bit of a paradox because if nothing mattered then you wouldn't care to share the knowledge; it wouldn't matter.

Cool man. So when will you kill yourself?

>faggot realises life is just neurons and patterns but doesnt realise that ethics and purpose are also just neurons and patterns.

carnage is irrelevant

Ehhh. It's true enough. But which is worse? Having accepted it, or the fact that everyone who cares about you is still trying to push you towards a meaningful life like there's a point?

Your philosophy is nothing more than mental masturbation

Ow the edge

I bet 50 bucks that this exact same text is somewhere on reddit

That moment when too bored to care.

Ok, you can kill yourself now

You won't know the meaning of life until you've been fucked up the ass.

kill yourself then fag

Cheer up little fella.

Then tell us user, what is the meaning of life?

I create carnage, and carnage created me. Your issue is you don't think everything's okay. But it is.

I think it's funny how people think they somehow own their bodies, you don't own shit, every single last atom in your body will dissolve into the universe through the process of entropy no matter how hard you try to hold on to your life.

Your existence is just a brief flicker on the cosmic timetable, and you don't even own your own mind because every thought, feeling and action you have is pre-determined by physical laws.

You're just a puppet created by natural law.

>all religion and promises of an afterlife is just the neurotic fantasy of petty doomed beings desperately trying justify their meaningless existence.

And it's absolutely tragically beautiful.

Deal with it

Which bridge is that?

How long did it take you to find this out?

Didn't know I was walking into a roast thread. Where's the creativity, where's the passion. Show Op the real meaning of being a closet baby who brings others down so they can pleasure themselves with their inflated ego.

Consciousness is the fifth dimension. We are fifth dimensional beings. The beings pass away, the dimension remains. So don't worry. That thing about existence we so deeply value, more deeply than all memories and posessions, the capacity for experience and choice, that we intuit as special to us because we only experience it on the individual level, can't go anywhere. Consciousness is as inextricable from the universe, is as mathematical and physical a fact, as time, depth and length.

Oh, I can play the game of baseless assertions too, OP:
>bullshit
There! Now we're even!

So there's no meaning to life outside of our subjective experience of it? That implies that any meaning we ascribe is a product of our evolutionary process, a manifestation of drives and impulses and modes of thought advantageous to our species and constructed with the purpose of perpetuating our genetic legacy. That implies that our continued survival, or at least that of our genes, is important from at least one entirely valid perspective. Our own. Do not attempt to see things from a universal perspective, our brains aren't equipped for it. It is vast, and mostly cold and empty, save for some scattered bits of matter both incandescent and dark, and only in exeedingly rare cases does that matter reshape itself into living beings capable of getting depressed over how vast and empty and uncaring the universe is. Stop feeling sorry that you can't comprehend infinite and feel blessed that you are part of a statistically negligable minority of matter capable of thinking at all.

And whats the uilitarian purpose of your viewpoint?

Nigger

Three Psilocybin trips.

This is so true. All the carnage that HAS happened and WILL happen trying to make sense of consciousness and life itself is ultimately pointless but necessary.

>Consciousness is the fifth dimension

Do you even science?

Indeedily I do.

So what exactly are you preaching here? Your just a whiny, self-righteous faggot. This everyone knows. You fill life with your own meaning, be it religion, drugs, family, work, hobbies, sex, etc. And then your off, just like all your ancestors before you. The fact that life is meaningless didn't stop them from living, and it shouldn't for you. If you wish to end the cycle though, at least for your genes, the answer is simple. Don't reproduce and kill yourself.

filthy hippie

THis is some good stuff, but it needs more... I don't know, what do you think, user?

Who cares if life is meaningless? I can still enjoy my life, and if there's nothing after this that's just all the more reason to enjoy life while I can.

Too late, I already have reproduced and I feel fucking aweful about it.

>I think it's funny how...

Woman detected or cunt

We are part of this unniverse,
We are in this universe,
The universe is in us.
Feel confident, faggot, you are etternal...

The meaning of life is to live? So then the question is who are the haves and who are the have nots and is it fair.. if it isn't you should kill those who are sitting with a billion dollars in their bank accounts while you don't have a single one in your pocket.

Awful*

theres a better question
this faggot is saying only way to solve anything or exist is to be dead

I think it's funny how so many dumb fucks say abstract concepts don't exist because they don't make sense when taken to the ultimate extreme. Nothing is ultimate, all exists relative to something else. You are stupid for redefining something as an impossible version of itself in order to tell other people it doesn't exist.

Then kill your baby and yourself. Yet you won't do it because you care about it. So you have meaning ascribed to your life already. What the fuck are you on about, user? What are the points of these meaningless threads?

youtube.com/watch?v=TuiNtC4kURk

I just imagined this song when I saw that kek

Top song for OP to KHS to.

deal with it

I think we need to go a step beyond just enjoying life. We need to explore it. If enjoying life were enough we would basically just end up bonobo chimps, eating and fucking and eventually dying with no progress towards something better, more sustainable. We are powerful creatures, driven to understand and manipulate our surroundings. Could a mere chimp devise a fully immersive virtual reality brothel where you could fuck any fictional character imaginable? Chimps can only gape in horror at the pleasures we may yet devise!

So? Who cares? If it bothers you that life is just neurons and chemicals just kill yourself.

>What are the points of these meaningless threads?

That question might as well apply to all threads on Sup Forums.

This guy gets it

If you would like some perspective on the meaningfully epic meaninglessness of existing in a universe, try this.

youtube.com/watch?v=TFfKWaM1Bp8

youtube.com/watch?v=IdbpyQGWFd4

Lyrics: darklyrics.com/lyrics/ayreon/01011001.html

I disagree.

>every thought, feeling and action you have is pre-determined by physical laws.

Is free will vs determinism a closed case now?

Thats philosophy, you can talk all you want about it but you're not allowed to do anything to change it.
Unwritten philosophers law

Yes.

You mind is a phenomenon of your brain, your brain is matter, all matter behave by the laws of physics.

Scientists say we have free won't rather than free will.

if life is so terrible, death sounds like the perfect solution

Our brain also behaves at the quantum level, and that we know is unpredictable.

It is actually. There is no free will just as there is no actually concious being, merely a set of ever changing patterns of sufficient complexity to produce the illusion of free will or a sense that we exist apart from our perceptions. Even our self awareness is simply a set of perceptions within a framework of memory manufactured from sensory stimulus and some rather deviously complex neural machinery.

Hitler says ,''No Fate But What We Make'''
True story did not steal from John Connor.

>every dimension above the fourth is illusory because reasons

kek

Oh user, don't you realize the frailties of reductionism? Haven't you heard the whole is greater than the sum of its parts?

Entropy always increases, so youre statement is valid OP

When did you finally realise the truth of nihilism, OP?

So what? Randomness is not free will.

learn how to properly use this fag ass "edge" shit.

Not according to Hitler

see

and below as fourth 2

So what? Unpredictability is not randomness.

Haven't you heard that any sufficiently complex technology is indistinguishable from magic? Stop looking for a soul, we are nothing more or less than a marvelously complex computer capable of some truly wonderful programming.

Right, but rational beings have free won't. We don't HAVE to act on our impulses all the time, we do have a choice, albeit limited. Learn to work with the constraints.

Actually there is a God, which gives meaning to life. You are just a soul inside a body along for the ride. Sure you can use the manual controls, but your body is ultimately the one calling the shots. The only thing you can do in life is make decisions based on the temptations that are thrown in front of you. Then when your vessel of a body wears out and dies, your soul goes back to account for the decisions you made. Your post is just another way the devil is trying to trick us into thinking God doesn't exist. I'll give him credit, he is a sneaky bastard, but I certainly won't let him influence me because I see the bigger picture in this game of life.

Or maybe nihilism is overrated and there's too much we simply don't know in order to make such assertions. Who's to say there is free will and that we act according to neurochemicals? For all we know, we're puppets in someone's game of pretend and there's already a story with a set ending and dozens of different stories being brought to life parallel to this world's. For all we know, the universe is pointless and is just a mixture of chemicals and reactions. But we keep living in order to find out. The reasoning of humanity is bigger than the reason of one human alone. One human alone means nothing. An entire species inspires collective curiosity into the unknown and it's that curiosity that gives us meaning.

We are a positive feedback loop. We have the potential to become gods, to achieve immortality, to create what never was. If you're not a part of the progress, you're a part of the problem.

And who cares about meaning?

babby's first nihilism post

Can you actually prove any of these assertions?
If not, I have no reason to believe it.

>shit or get off the cosmic pot

I concur.

And here we have a perfect example of a computer infected with memetic virus! A self replicating thought pattern with all the hallmarks of really well crafted malware, and you still doubt we are anything but meat machines!

If you could prove God exists, that would defeat the whole purpose of life.

>provides bleak picture of staunch physicalism
>claims non-physical entities exist

If what you say about humans, that anything we do is just chasing neurochemical rewards in our brain, than I'm going to assume you think this holds for other sentient animals of the earth too.

Suffering is a normative concept. Pain (and pleasure) are qualia with weighted values attached to them. You think, I'm sure, that pain and pleasure are caused by extended physical explanation i.e. sensations from the skin send messages to the c-fibers in the brain which are responsible for the qualia of pain, or something like that. The weighted values impel creatures towards seeking and avoiding pleasure and pain. Avoiding judgments of "good and bad," I can at least say we prefer pleasure to pain, based on the subjective nature of their distinct qualias.

Because there is a preference, aka a distribution of subjective value, aka a normative impetus, life has some meaning and it's not just brute physical substance.

The universe devoid of value distributing creatures might be meaningless, but that is a weaker claim and only part of your original post.

What....

kek, it took me two or three Major Depressive episodes.

Your Autism is off the charts user my god

I agree to some level but as some say here the meaning is not what is important, having the chance to be alive is what matters and been ablentonshare this life with others, unfurtunately as you say most people is focus in self sucess ideas or something and we forget of orhers, and we end up with this fucked up ideas.

>meat machines

terrybisson.com/page6/page6.html

youtube.com/watch?v=7tScAyNaRdQ

Thank you user.

youtube.com/watch?v=MFy730AY1Ec