Its 2016 why the would people still believe in a god

Its 2016 why the would people still believe in a god

Other urls found in this thread:

m.motherjones.com/media/2014/06/look-back-san-franciscos-pride-parade
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What made the infinitely small, infinitely dense singularity that became the universe?

It's 2016 and people can believe what they want. Faith is a really cool thing and just like they can't prove it real you can't prove it false. No one knows so why get worked up if someone wants to believe something.
Better question why do Christians make you feel insecure? Did something terrible happen in your life that you somehow blame Christianity? Why go out of your way to talk about something you don't believe in and had zero effect on your life. Tell me that op. What happened when you were younger that made you feel the need to be like this. I'm hear to listen and help. Let's drop Christianity I'm not a believer either. But let's get to your issues I want to help you battle through them.

Because Donald Trump may be president so God is our last hope.

Moral: women build their lives on hard lies.

Topkek. I have nothing against believing but i find it really fucking irritating to wake up because of a church bell every day, And that they close all the fucking stores on a sunday in my country. The problem is believing should be something for yourself not brainlessly follow everything your local curch says

Fuck off Evangicuck

Kek!

The bible does want you to think for yourself that part may be lost in the modern church I agree. But this is about you not Christianity. People can believe whatever they want. There are plenty of people who think you are crazy for thinking it's a lie.

We don't know now, neither did anyone 2000 or 1400 years ago.

I do not fully think its a lie. I was raised a christian i know some stuff about the bible. I know its full of beautiful things. But then again the christians take too mutch too literally. And then spam us with their fucking interpretations of it. For example saying that being gay is wrong.

>people

Not a giant, gay hating floating dad in the sky with a zombie son born from a whore mother

>, And that they close all the fucking stores on a sunday in my country. The problem is believing should be something for yourself not brainlessly follow everything
Generally it is the government that decides when and how shops are open. Not the church. I'd like to know in what backwater nation you live where the church still has such influence.

How old are you? That you're too naive to see the benefit of Christianity as a valuable cultural tool?

This.

When the Christian values fell, Europe went straight to hell

Some guy 2000 years ago stood on Judaism and started a cult claiming to be the Messiah. It spread. Parents indoctrinate their kids basically from birth, and by the time they were old enough to realize how dumb it is they were already teaching it to their own kids. Now more people are more educated earlier, so they drop faith at a younger age and don't teach their kids, so it's dying out.

Tldr it's hard to reject what your parents and all the adults in your town teach you is true.

>gay is wrong.
>fell for the Gay is not a Mental Disorder meme

Remember that one civilization that was 100% homosexual and couldn't reproduce? yeah no one else does either.

this so much
Did god wrote the bible ?
Aren't humans corrupt to the time the bible was written ?
Where does it say that they got the knowledge from god ?

Because it gives people hope, but it sounds retarded when they become an atheist.

To put things in to context, I used to believe in Santa, the Tooth Fairy, God, etc, now that I dont believe in them I cannot see how other people still believe in it, but I dont want to burst their bubble, because I see it as going up to some stupid kid and telling them their life is a lie.

There are ways to benefit society without reproducing, especially when it's overpopulated. That's why we don't kill menopausal women.

I meam jesus, if not for gay men we would have to rely completely on women to spearhead the fashion industry and style in general...can you imagine?

>What made the infinitely small, infinitely dense singularity that became the universe?
Soooooooo if we can't answer that one question ..all the bullshit in the bible is true?
Who made god?
And then who made god's god?
I am okay with never knowing everything. And I choose not knowing over buying a idiot fairy tale!

Not really, I just dont care, I "sin", I indulge in every deadly sin multiple times a day.

The way I see it, "Christian values" are common sense, the 10 commandments should only be 1, "Thou shout not beuth a cunt"

I mean I support faggot rights and what not, but what does 2000 year old ideology have on modern society? I live for the moment and I dont let people preach or tell me how I should live

>had zero effect on your life
Fucking lawl

All those christians want to do is tell people how to live.

First the Christian majority believed slavery was ok

Then they gave up that ground and said no, but its ok to segregate them, it says so in the bible.

Then they gave up ground and said ok, they can go to school with us, but you better not fucking marry them

Then they gave up ground, "ok ok ok, but at least we can agree on the whole gay marriage thing right?"

But it's not overpopulated; by honest, hardworking, productive members of society.

It's over populated by single mothers, welfare cows and unproductive baboons.

i want to say II timothy...2:11? Something like that. It says all scripture is given by inspiration of god--that word inspiration they translate to "god breathed" and since you breathe when you speak they use that to say god literally spoke every word to the original authors from which many manuscripts were copied and eventually translated to english

Not like that mate our country is proud to be christian. So if the open the stores on a sabath everyone looses their fucking mind

There will always be the question, "who made us", it doesn't occur to people that existence, time, space has always existed on some form. The argument that they use can be flipped on them

>Basically there is a flying spaghetti monster and you cannot disprove it so it must exist

There was no infinitely dense singularity that became the universe. Almost all the evidence is pointing to the fact that the universe came from "nothing". And additionally that our notion of "nothing" doesnt hold true even in the slightest sense quantum mechanically

This

Soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship

People pick and choose what is right, and what is embellished a bit, like people who say even though the world was made in 7 days, it actually represents 70000 years and dinosaurs actually existed.

wich is stupid if you believe that humans are in fact corrupt and will do evil. like to alienate the word of god

Haha yeah, oh well. Still though, my point about benefiting society still stands i think.

You obviously don't know anything about quantum foam. Absolute nothing is incredibly unstable. And our theories on zero point energy are based entirely on this.

But they think god protected the bible against being fucked with. Like even though humans are corrupt god "preserved" his word because it's his message to people. They have answers for just about everything, you have to dig a lot deeper to get to something they haven't been taught to counter.

They would make good surrogates and foster parents to burdens on the state.

>the bible is the word of god, an all knowing, all seeing being who inspired the hands of man to write it down.
>except for the whole part about the earth being 6,000 years old.
>and pi actually being bigger than 3
>and the whole selling your daughter into marriage for a goat
>and the whole lavery thing
>and the whole eye for an eye
>and that workimg on sunday thing
>and
>and
>and

Calculus.

Because I don't believe in evolution, I won't force you to believe in a religion, you shouldn't force me either.

I wish i had gay parents, then i wouldn't look back at old photos and be embarrassed about what i was wearing

I dont mind sheeps following a dumb fairy tale.
I do mind the fact that those fuckers at the vatican don't deserve a single penny that those plebs donate every year...

I would rob the fuck out of the vatican

Thats exactly what my fucking point was you mongaloid.

That our notions of what nothing means dont hold true quantum mechanically.

To the lay average person and uneducated moron nothing is the complete lack of anything. Which is not a notion that translates to the incredibly small. Which is why I said
>and additionally that our notion of Nothing doesnt hold true quantum mechanically

Learn to read

The book was written by man with possibly supernatural inspirations however you have to sweep through the preconceptions and human interpretation to find the original meaning.

Human interpretation is an obvious hurdle that a person would have to deal with when considering these matters.

If you had gay parents you wouldn't exist to think that thought.

m.motherjones.com/media/2014/06/look-back-san-franciscos-pride-parade
Think again

gr8 b8 fag8

You fucking pleb evolution is fact not something you can believe in

Why not believe in god? The universe and especially the mechanics of it are amazing and makes one wonder if there is intelligent design for it's creation 13.7B years ago.

God and your belief or not isn't the problem. Organized religion is as it's a construct of man and frequently used as a weapon to control those who require faith.

>the bible is the word of god
>the bible is the word of god fettered by the perceptions of tribal men in a largely patriarchal society who had a few gem of ideas in a sea of insane bullshit.

Doesn't have quite the same ring does it?

If god is all powerful why were these misconceptions and confuscation of his word allowed to be in?

He sure as fuck clear enough when he commanded Abraham to kill his son. He couldn't have been a little clearer about the slavery thing?

>The theory of evolution
>theory of evolution
>theory evolution
>the-ory

what an convinient excuse

>The theory of gravitation
>theory

Just because you dont understand the meaning of the word doesn't negate the data

Objective morality exists.

okey what about evolution ?

>theory of desease
>theory

>theory of cancer
>cancer

It was a theory but in this day and age we found more proof that is true. Can't say the same about any religion ever

Unicorns did. No wait, a talking anthropomorphic taco that shits ice cream. Yeah. That's it.

So there's an imaginary doctor who lives his life according to his misunderstanding of the words he knows, sees, and uses.

He went to school, got his degree and is now practicing medicine.

You show up at the hospital with a ruptured appendix. Without a moments hesitation he grabs the scalpel and starts cutting into you.

No site prep
No washing his hands
He even has blood from another patient on his hands and clothes

Why not? He doesn't believe in the germ theory of disease. Its only a theory afterall.

Not really. It's actually really inconvenient.

This.... Couldn't have said it any better!!

Most people who think all that shit about the bible seem to think evolution is some kind of conspiracy, or at least that scientists are misinterpreting data because of their own bias, if not intentionally. Some think god set evolution in motion but those people have a looser view on god "inspiring" the bible i think.

But yeah, hardcore christians say "micro-evolution" or "adaptation" happens, but "macro-evolution" doesn't. Basically they think change is severly limited to what changes we can observe in a human lifespan, and since one person can't witness more variation than they can be alive to witness, that kind of variation just doesn't happen.

They think noah brought two of each "kind" of animal on the ark and all our animals are derived from them.

Most people are idiots. However some see the benefits of a valuable cultural tool and others cannot. Men can accept the world for the way it is. Children demand that which they do not understand must be changed to fit their narrative of what the universe around them is.

I think this particular cultural tool is becomming less beneficial over time, and now we are getting to the point where we can replace it with stuff we have hard evidence for and serves the same purpose. Who knows though

Just look at Europe and know that this tool is more valuable now than it has ever been before.

Because God is real you urban fag

>Waaah! I cant be an unperductive piece of shit because there is a noise at 11 in the morning. And when i do decide to get off my ass, certiain stores are closed to let their employees have a day off.
Just off yourself.

Because Jim Carrey has a 14 inch penis. That has to be intelligent design.

>godisrealyoucantargueaboutthatbuticanHURRDURRDURRRRRR

How would you know?

The bible DOES say gay is wrong. Look it up, moron.

so much bait... wow. nice trolling, dude - in reality people cant be this stupid, don't they?