Anybody know much about "audiophile" grade headphones?

Anybody know much about "audiophile" grade headphones?
Should I go for a typically high end, good pair like the AD700x and get no amp/DAC, or go for the massdrop HE-350s with an amp/DAC combo?
Btw, I tried the HD598s for their supposed comfort and they were way too tight, even after stretching out

Other urls found in this thread:

head-fi.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kill youself faggot

You don't need an expensive lair of headphone. Buy audiotechnica m50x smoke some weed.

Since of Mericans of living of an exigency/emergency of a technology so I am of communication of spiel of technology of text of:_"-------\_
Three/3 communications/explanations/informations/texts of a technology:
1/One: body muscle movement caused/since of energies at human caused/since of energies sent from machines far of miles/kilometers;
and/or/an-other-communication of 2/Two: human of technology of machines...machines transmit/send energy...energy at/striked/hitting metals in human...metals moved/arranged...so/causing/thus...electricity of in of body so...body muscle flexing of human of living of tensing/slackening of muscle;
and/or/an-other-communication of 3/Three: STIMULATION OF BODY-MOVING/LIKE-SENSE SINCE OF ELECTRICITY OF CAUSED OF IN OF BODY SINCE 1. tiny metals in human 2. metals moved since of energies striked/hitting metals 3. energies sent/from machine far/distant/not-close/no-nearness of miles.
_/-------"_:-_
I got/received a text of communication/question/ask of technology of body muscle flexing caused of energies of machines far of miles:_"\_ Everyone knows this already. How do you fix it. _/"_:-_ . I am of communication/answer/reply of letter of word of language of text of:_"\_ Humans of policing/military live of:_[\_ slackening/tensing of muscles of earlier and later of slackening/tensing of muscles since of brain of body of since of human of living of brain of body of since of sense/sensation of communication/text/speech of computer program software of language of words of anything/everything/eachthing/allthings of human of living of _{-\_[-\_ slackening/tensing of muscles of earlier and later of slackening/tensing of muscles _/-]_{--\_[--\_ and _/--]_ and _[--\_ or _/--]_/--}_[-\_ flexing of muscles so of living of muscle of nearer and and or farther of muscle _/-]_/-}_/]_:-_/"_:-_ .

AKG Q701 with a nice amp is God tier

I was looking at those but they're just too much, how would the K612 pros compare?

No matter what you get, get a DAC, everything is better in analog
As for headphone brands, I'm a huge fan of sennheisers though I haven't had an opportunity to test their top end stuff. Also I've heard great things about Grado's for mid level audiophile headphones and have heard legends of the godtier Stax Earspeakers.

Like I said, I tried getting the HD598s and even they were too tight on my head.. I like how comfortable the AKG Q701s and K712s look, but also am in the $200-275 CAD range

I have the HD 598s and I love 'em.

go tot they have a headphone general

They have AKG Q701's on Amazon for $225 CAD

I too own AT m50x and I have them on right now actually. Bit uncomfortable after long periods of time, but they are very accurate. I too smoked weed after purchasing and yes - wow okay is how i felt.

Go here. Research. Buy.

Link?

Also, what about massdrop's K7XX?

Go here. Research. Buy with the good advice.
head-fi.org/

ht tp: / /amzn to/1sfRKi4

put a . between amzn and to, remove spaces

Yeah those are lime green and $293 CAD, not $225, but ty anyways

Don't know much about em, I've been using my Q701's since 2012 and I've had no problems with them. They're wonderful headphones, especially with an amp. They have such good sound quality that when I listen to The Beatles (FLAC) , I can hear some of the echo bouncing off of the studio walls. No bullshit.

Choose black. You can change the color on the site, black is cheaper.

Do you still have the HD 598s? Have you tried, say, something like this for a few days?

I'm genuinely curious about your head size. How massive is it?

I have a big head but the HD598's feels like fucking sex to my ears.

Those are even more than the lime green, maybe it's showing up different for you..?
Pic

They look great especially in ur pic but they're just too much for me

I did something like that for about a day and a half, but not as stretched out as that looks. TBH I don't think any amount of stretching will change how they fundamentally clasp your head which I don't like :(

I like how the AKGs look like they are just soft and could be bent a bit if they clasp weirdly like how people bend their AD700x/900x

I mean I think it's average, I mostly don't like how they clamp so hard and sort of grab at your jaw, if you know what I mean

Admittedly I am not used to any sort of audiophile headphones, but I'm wearing these even with glasses on for hours without feeling them. So no I don't really know what you mean.

If it's grabbing at your jaw, the extensions are out too far. Slide them back in until they're comfortable.

Buy a good DAC first,
FiiO is pretty good.

Sup Forums
Asking Sup Forums lol

That's ok, they just fit me weirdly so I'm likely returning

Trust me I tried wearing them in many positions and nothing really helped, they might get better with time but I don't really want to chance being stuck with them if they don't especially at ~$230 I paid

Well, I would add only that the cups should only barely clear the earlobes. If that doesn't help, good luck with your hunt.