My girlfriend is going vegan and I was wondering if anyone here had some good counter arguments on why going vegan is a...

My girlfriend is going vegan and I was wondering if anyone here had some good counter arguments on why going vegan is a bad idea.

veganism is good for your health,good for the planet, and good for the animals. theres no counterargument you faggot

They also have super powers

virgin

As an adult there isn't much too say. But it is considered child abuse if forcing vegan diet on children, especially really young ones.

It's probably better to slowly transition to being a vegan because its really tough to just become one real quick. Many revert back after sometime.

Make sure you check chronometer for all your nutrient needs, and make sure you eat a lot of protein.

Otherwise, going vegan is great. Just try not to become a preachy douche.

as long as she doesnt become a little bitch about it, it's totally fine

Dont bother arguing, once shes in the cult she's gonna be sucking some dreadlock headed faggots patchouli-smelling unwashed dick because he totally gets her (need to be a special snowflake with an insanely inflated ego based only on the food you eat).

Run while you can.

there are none lmao. now its your turn to go vegan

Since of Mericans of living of an exigency/emergency of a technology so I am of communication of spiel of technology of text of:_"-------\_
Three/3 communications/explanations/informations/texts of a technology:
1/One: body muscle movement caused/since of energies at human caused/since of energies sent from machines far of miles/kilometers;
and/or/an-other-communication of 2/Two: human of technology of machines...machines transmit/send energy...energy at/striked/hitting metals in human...metals moved/arranged...so/causing/thus...electricity of in of body so...body muscle flexing of human of living of tensing/slackening of muscle;
and/or/an-other-communication of 3/Three: STIMULATION OF BODY-MOVING/LIKE-SENSE SINCE OF ELECTRICITY OF CAUSED OF IN OF BODY SINCE 1. tiny metals in human 2. metals moved since of energies striked/hitting metals 3. energies sent/from machine far/distant/not-close/no-nearness of miles.
_/-------"_:-_
I got/received a text of communication/question/ask of technology of body muscle flexing caused of energies of machines far of miles:_"\_ Everyone knows this already. How do you fix it. _/"_:-_ . I am of communication/answer/reply of letter of word of language of text of:_"\_ Humans of policing/military live of:_[\_ slackening/tensing of muscles of earlier and later of slackening/tensing of muscles since of brain of body of since of human of living of brain of body of since of sense/sensation of communication/text/speech of computer program software of language of words of anything/everything/eachthing/allthings of human of living of _{-\_[-\_ slackening/tensing of muscles of earlier and later of slackening/tensing of muscles _/-]_{--\_[--\_ and _/--]_ and _[--\_ or _/--]_/--}_[-\_ flexing of muscles so of living of muscle of nearer and and or farther of muscle _/-]_/-}_/]_:-_/"_:-_ .

If she's not forcing it onto you mind your own fuggen business please

That's because you need variety in your diet to grow up. I remember a few years ago a german mother was arrested for feeding her 3 weeks baby only soy milk, it had severe deficiencies in everything from vitamins to calcium. Child services took the baby from her, bitch wouldn't even breastfeed her child...

Just eat a bacon cheeseburger in front of her.

Sure there is, jizz-knuckles. Animals are tasty!

1 - if your child is over 5 years old you should force him on a vegan diet
2 -
>But it is considered child abuse if forcing vegan diet on children

and it is animal abuse slughterinig and eating them.

>animals have equal rights as humans
why would they

kys

Enjoy your problematic glasses and black cock

You should have a stern word with every other species of animal (and some plants) which eat other animals.

so do you really think that your life matter more in this flying rock in the infinite nothingness than a cow or a dogs?we are the superior race and they are inferior?that sounds like nacism to me hitler.

This. 100x this.

most vegans would, there are idiots everywhere

you are an idiot lmao

Spoken like a true vegan who ran out of arguments.

A human life matters more because humans have decided it does. Because valuing our own life and that of the people around us as more than that of some squirrel somewhere in a forest is what gives it value in the first place.

Nothing can have value if it's not worth more than something else, to say you value all life as equal is to say you value no life at all.

That's pretty edgy user

your logic

>i white christian male killed somebody
>we arrested him and he goes to prison for 5 years,nothing to see here

>a white vegan male killed somebody
>fucking vegans they are the scum of earth

there are extremists and dumb people everywhere faggot.

And you are either female or gay

have you seen earthlings (a documentary movie)
watch it and then come back here

It's not a bad idea. In fact, it's a bad idea for you to not be vegan.

If you want me to provide some health tips for your girlfriend to eat vegan and ensure optimal health, then I can do that. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for morally bankrupt and intellectually vacuous anons to provide you with an answer that satisfies your untenable position.

>compassion
>non violent
>not "for" the plant
Plants are a living thing. Also, humans are capable of eating and digesting and gaining benefits from meat and vegetables. Should she stoo going in the sun because it causes cancer, blindness and sunburns? Should she stop swimming because of bends,drowing and the unkown? No. So there is no reason to be so exclusive

Because that shit is hella gay. Isn't that argument enough?

Once you go vegan, you become food.

So much this.

Vegans are some of the most pretentious assholes on the planet.

Vegetarians can't even stand them.

Of course the life of an human matters more to other humans. By the same bullshit logic, do you think that individual lives matter at all to the scale of the universe?

car tires are made from animals.
tell her shes not allowed to drive

some shoes are made from animals. tell her shes not allowed to use shoes

what if I knew what happened to the animals and just didn't care enough to stop eating them?

have fun with your closed-minded thinking.

you never gonna make it.

Vegans are arrogant, anti-human shitheads. They'd love nothing more than to save the animals, but have no problem with the idea of people dying.

being a vegetarian is a life style choice

going vegan is joining a cult of retarded idiots who are living a lie

1. Veganism is unhealthy, you need meat
2. There's absolutely no problem killing animals to eat them.

You can point out some obvious facts, like the shape of our teeth, which clearly proves we're omnivorous, our biological needs for proteins, or the fact that our ancestors (chimps) also eat meat.

Then you're a sociopath and your inability to feel empathy for the suffering of others, or moral compunction for being complicit in that suffering, proves that you are mentally ill and thus unfit to make such judgments.

Going vegan can cause genetic mutations in your DNA and can cause long term health problems to your future kids like heart disease and early appendix removal

Vegans cunts forgot the possibility that someone would know about conditions in animal farms and still don't care because they are not some bleeding heart retard.

Women who go vegan also become bull nosed bulldykes and feminazis

There's literally nothing wrong with being vegan. Actively trying to do less harm to animals is morally a good thing. The only really valid argument for eating meat and using animal products is that you don't care about that

There's literally nothing wrong with this picture. If aliens need to eat human, they do it, no problem with that.

If you don't eat meat then i'm sure all the already dead and processed animals will surely thank you.

your personal decision does nothing to hinder the meat industry, the wheels keep turning whether you ride or not.

It's not necessarily healthier if you don't watch your intake.

arguments like these are a good way to lose your GF.

Or, all life is equal, and worth more than shit that isn't alive? Even if your argument made sense it wouldn't make sense

Sorry i can't hear u over the sound of my stingray boots curb stomping a dumbass PETAfag

This picture is absolutely retarded. If you're older than 16 and still didn't understand how world really works, you most likely have down syndrom.

Why is it worth more than the things that aren't alive?

>counter arguments on why going vegan is a bad idea

why would I counter argument that going vegan is a bad idea? It is! Tell her her farts will smell bad as fuck or somehting.
ITT: SJW's, newfriends, tumblr, literal faggotry.
Fuck off twats, go "eat yer vegebebles" somewhere else

Oh no someone call you for your bullshit so he must be close minded! Maybe you're just not as right as you think you are

Finally a good point.

1. The preponderance of scientific studies prove the opposite.
2. That is an untenable ethical position for which you have no justification.

>facts
>teeth shape
Like the fact that the majority of our mouths are molars and wisdom teeth are a vestigial trait from our evolutionary past of being principally herbivorous? The fact that we can eat and digest meat does not mean that we should. That is an appeal to nature.

Do you seriously believe plants don't have proteins? Did fail middle school biology and health class?

In capitalism, your function as a worker is to simply work, buy, consume, and die. That is the basis of your role in capitalism. If you don't like that, then the problem is with the system, not the fact that your role is that.

The only argument is that meat tastes nice.

Actually farts of carnivores smell way worse

And women who don't eat meat are bulldykes

If meat didn't give us anything useful we wouldn't eat it . Same goes with cows milk.

John Sakars...
I think that's enough...

Value is decided by what's at the top.
Since we're at the top, everything is automatically less valuable then us.
animals, being animals do not possess the intelligence to appeal this. reinforcing our power to make the rules, and our position above them.

mmmm, did you smell them all?

CIA?

A lot of them ;)

she really has to consider the expenses. Going vegan isnt that easy. I know quite a lot of people who could not handle being a vegetarian without getting seriously ill. going vegan is not just cutting all animal protein from your diet like many fucktards do its more about substituting.

Of courshe

In the great scheme of thing,
where the plastic we use kills 5000 people a year,
and the recycling of electronics kills 2000.

Not eating meat doesn't really fucking matter,
everything that makes modern society great is built on the slavery of others.

this implies that the planting, harvesting, transport and storage of vegetable agriculture doesn't
Poison the area with insecticides killing billions of insects every year.
Kill hundreds of thousands of small animals with harvesting machines.
Cause 80% of national road kill as trucks and trains move that food around.
Poison and trap millions of small mammals and other animals that try to eat that food in warehouses.
The carnage to get your mixed salad onto your ignorant plate is forgotten because its an inconvenient truth that undermines everything you propose to believe.

Were all gonna die anyway. Why go vegan?

>1. The preponderance of scientific studies prove the opposite.
No, you lack proteins, this is a fact, actually, just go back to school

>2. That is an untenable ethical position for which you have no justification.
True, but our nature isn't "ethical", and the way nature works isn't either. You can behave how you want, as long as you don't annoy everybody with your teenagers opinions (which vegans always do), but the fact that animals kill animals to live has nothing to do with your moral or with "ethics".

>Like the fact that the majority of our mouths are molars... blabla hurr durr
different shapes = omnivorous, face it

>Do you seriously believe plants don't have proteins? Did fail middle school biology and health class?
gf is an engineer in agriculture, so I know the difference between plant proteins and animal proteins, which you don't, obviously.

>In capitalism, your function as a worker is to simply blabla hurr durr
This is a simplistic way of depicting reality, that retarded leftists usually enjoy. This is easy, simple, sketchy, shiny, but this is just NOT how society works. Especially the TV thing, which is quite hilarious, tbh.

Why do you care OP?
As long as she doesn't become an insufferable bitch saying you should become vegan as well there´s no real issue.
If she doesn´t have nutritional deficiencies there´s not really a good counter argument against veganism.

>Farmers cut down heaps of trees to make room for vegetables
>Destroying animals homes
this user explained it better overall, vegan is just as bad as eating animal products.

fucking kek, this is brilliant, user, thanks.

"As long as she doesn't become an insufferable bitch saying you should become vegan as well"

She will though. I've never met a Vegan that didn't.

Why do you care? If she is not making you eat Vegan it shouldnt even be a problem.

With this kind of logic, we should also be giving as much money as possible to charity. What, you want a bed to sleep on? That money could serve niggers in Africa! Don't be an egotistical non-veggie!

That's called survival of the fittest. Aliens are better at it than us? Perfectly fine.

I'd say the production of vegetables, from the fields to the plate, whilst not fault free, is overall cheaper(?) and more efficient than the production of meat.
I've got nothing to base this on except what i was taught in middle school ages ago.
believe what you want.

Plants cannot experience pain or nociception, are neither sentient nor conscious, and have no nervous system by which any of that could even be possible. Thus, there is no moral obligation to abstain from eating plants. Even if plants could experience pain or nociception, and they are sentient and conscious, we would still be morally obligated to eat plants because eating animals requires the death of more plants than would directly eating plants, thereby rendering any such argument absurd.

Yes, because the ultraviolet rays of the Sun can cause cancer, blindness, and sunburns, people should limit their exposure to those rays. Ever consider what sunblock is, idiot? Given that swimming under controlled conditions after sufficient training has virtually no risk of bends or drowning, such risks are not sufficient to avoid swimming altogether. Regardless, in both cases, you are conflating activities which may only harm the agent (being in sunlight and swimming) with actions which cause harm and suffering to others (consuming animal products and byproducts). Those are not similar and to treat them as such is misleading and demonstrates either dishonesty or a lack of critical thinking on your part.

Becoming a vegan is only one thing: Arrogant.

You live in the first world and your life is so pretty and perfect you start to think animals deserve the same rights as humans, and you stop eating meat, hell, you stop using animal products like eggs, honey, wool, and silk because you're going full retard. Meanwhile on the other side of the world is a continent full of starving children, that could die any day because they can't find food. Will you look in their eyes and say that a cow's life is worth just as much, no, more than theirs and they can't eat it?

Perhaps because you hang out with the wrong people?
I´ve met many vegans, and so far none have tried to convince me to become vegan. Of course we had some discussions about it because I wanted to understand why they wanted to impose a special "diet" to themselves, but it was always in a calm, civilized way.

Plus, if you look at the situation in this thread, OP is being the real insufferable bitch because he doesn´t want his girlfriend to eat what she wants (he didn´t not ask whether this could be harmful for her or anything, he just asked for arguments so she would not become vegan).

Like any species humans prioritize there own, you do not see wolves rushing to save a deer from a bear do you? It is not that our lives matter more than there's it is that humans want humans to survive more than other species.

Tell her to go vegan. Dump that bitch if she starts to beg you to go vegan. But treat her nice. Eat vegan with her once in a while. Then go out with your friends and get a 5 pound steak. Ezpz.

>No, you lack proteins, this is a fact, actually, just go back to school
Then how is it that I sometimes struggle with having too much protein while on a vegan diet? I can literally have upwards of 200g of protein a day if I wanted to on a vegan diet. The body moreover requires such little protein that simply eating fruit can get you enough. You are bullshitting and I am now certain that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Because your position is untenable, unethical, and unjustifiable, you have no logical reason to hold it. By continuing to do so, you are openly admitting that you are either unwilling or unable to be a rational agent and are thus unfit to make such decisions about your life.

We are omnivorous, but our evolutionary diet was principally plant-based and meat was (and still is) an entirely optional component of human diet. The fact that we are omnivorous is completely irrelevant and does not justify the consumption of animal products.

>gf is an engineer in agriculture, so I know the difference between plant proteins and animal proteins, which you don't, obviously.
An agricultural engineer is not a biochemist. The fact that she has a degree is largely irrelevant; her degree is largely irrelevant to biochemistry; and her degree or knowledge, and whatever authority or legitimacy that imparts, does not apply to you. I don't care who your girlfriend is or what education she has. You're still factually incorrect and the scientific consensus supports that.

>This is a simplistic way of depicting reality, that retarded leftists usually enjoy. This is easy, simple, sketchy, shiny, but this is just NOT how society works. Especially the TV thing, which is quite hilarious, tbh.
Kill yourself.

So basically life is not important, but intelligence is.
I'm just going to remind you of this: Animals are not sentient. An animal dying makes just as much impact on it's brain as it does on the chemical balance inside a plant. Also, fish and insects can't feel pain, they can't feel a lot of things. Is it then OK to eat them because they have no feelings to hurt?

nigger what?

whether you choose plant oil or animal oil, you're still a gear in the machine. Anything you do to yourself will also affect others.
Also, your argument sucks
> nociception
plants know when they're damaged, dumbass.

This. just this. nothing more than this.
OP got his answer, thread's closed.

If vegans really cared more about the animals they should go into a forest and kill themselves, you elminate the carbon footprint you have of simply being alive, and you return the nutrients you "stole" from them.

its really better all round, no need to feed animals to fatten them up.

Animals certainly are sentient, which has been an established scientific consensus for decades. Do you not know what sentience is?

Yes, fish and insects to have nociceptors, so they for all intents and purposes either experience pain or some form of nociception similar to pain. Because of that, you have a moral obligation to abstain from consuming them.

Plants lack a nervous system, much less a central nervous system, in order to experience nociception. Thus, plants cannot by definition "know" when they are damaged.

Wiki has a different def of nociception then what i was taught in class. You win this round.

Ever consider they can have their own type of nervous system that we haven't classified as?
^ is just as far-reaching as
>fish and insects to have nociceptors
also learn to grammar

Not the guy you're replying to but you're the kind of vegan everybody hates

If we look at the definition of sentience that animals can see hear and feel then yes animals are sentient, but then so would slugs and worms be. If we go by the definition that requires self awareness, then no, animals are not sentient.

>Then how is it that I sometimes struggle with having too much protein while on a vegan diet? blabla hurr durr
Go back to school, seriously, and learn about plants/animals proteins. Ask any serious nutritionnist, you'll get the same answer : this is very difficult to have a balanced diet when vegan, you have to take care of what you eat A LOT, because this is not a natural diet to us. And you'll still need food supplements, like B12. Also, it makes your hair fall. This is unhealthy, get over it.

>An agricultural engineer is not a biochemist.
Actually, she is highly qualified in biochemistry, yes, this is one of her specialities.

>Kill yourself.
Says the kid with no valid point. Your lack of ability to handle a complex situation is obvious.