Keep klinsmann through 2020

Anyone else happy with this dude? A bunch of USA fans got butthurt about him over the last year or two. I feel like they are completely wrong.

USA soccer needs to give him all the tools and support. Take off all pressure and just let him do whatever he wants. USA team's best asset is not having a ton of pressure and being positive.

It's far better to have a relaxed atmosphere than something like England where it is like they have a ton of bricks around their necks.

USA soccer should give their managers long contracts, tons of time to build up, and no pressure. Overall Klinsmann has done good to develop US soccer and he does a lot of developmental stuff.

Haters need to fuck off, and everyone who used to hate him needs to apologize.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1-2kp7l02Bg
youtu.be/THjEb4UALIU
youtu.be/WHuXEbsngGk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Klinsi did nothing wrong

Kinsman pls go

he's inconsistent and does some weird shit, and this cup has just further proven that point

Who cares?

Why be like every other country with sandy vaginas who kick managers after every losing streak?

He's not the best manager ever, but giving him space and room is going to lead to better results than playing hot potato.

If we make it out of group in Russia and don't lose to a meme team there is no grounds to fire him. This team literally plays better for what talent they have than any other country

minimum results for him to be extended:

Reach the copa final
Qualify for Russia
Advance from group in Russia

Failure to do all three and im ready to move on.

Soccer is too high variance to get rid of someone after that

US did okay in world cup, that's pretty much all that matters.

Adopting Euro/south american mindset of pressure cooker on coaches for results isn't effective.

Also it will help a fuckton getting the next manager if they know they will have time to develop the program and not be kicked by angry monkey fans.

Youre sitting top of the table above Colombia and Costa Rica, though.

ehhh colombia didn't play their starters in the final game. and we looked great against CR/shit against colombia

can't be mad at overall result, but its not like our performance last year is suddenly eliminated by this

he's been here for like 5 years.

>reaching copa final is a minimum
are you fucking retarded? usa is not good enough yet to rely on that. They are still not like europe/south america w
here we should put high expectations on them.

Also USA still doesnt have a lot of veterans players that can change the game. its seems like the newer generation needs to gain experience. After russia looks very bright with all this young players play a role now at a very young age

He's realizing there's talent in the US that's better than some of the talent he's recruiting away from other nations and the team has looked better because of it. That being said, taking Mix to the WC over Donovan was pretty poorly thought out and he deserved all the shit he got for that

you better get rid of this clown

>Reach the copa final
>Qualify for Russia
>Advance from group in Russia
Umm, getting out of group means he has a job

Hire Dunga, he is unemployed

they did ok in the world cup but they demonstrably have gotten very lucky.

they are trending downward in Concacaf win % so that's a metric for you if you have autism and they had a historically bad result in the gold cup last year.

Keep him, he's the best thing to happen to US soccer. MlelSfags are fucking idiots and expect us to be a 10/10 super power right away, but he's only been coach for 5 years, the 10/10 super power countries have been doing what he's been doing for hundreds of years. Klinsmann is doing his best and more with what we have.

Guys like Brooks, Wood, Pulisic, Yedlin, Carters-Vickers, Hyndman, Horvath and the guys who are like 14/15 right now will lead us to the future.

reminder that qualifiers are irrelevant as long as you qualify and should be used to test players and system against very very shitty teams.

>Losing to Guatemala
>And Panama
>And Jamaica
>The last two at home
HE can fuck off
I don't care what he does at this meme tournament anywayd

fire him and hire van laal

I'm not sure he's really had us doing better than BB or Arena did, and I'm not sure the talent is worse now.

>MlelSfags are fucking idiots and expect us to be a 10/10 super power right away
I only expect to be at least 2nd best in CONCACAF
We still aren't

I hope we get a penalty shootout and he subs Howard on.

Landon Donofat pls stop posting

If we played Mexico right now, we'd win.

>>>

we'll be 1 of 2 concacaf teams in the knockouts of the CA

And promptly go out in the QFs
We'll get killed in the Hex
He won't be able to ride out his luck there

I want Bradley back, lads.

You lost against colombia
You won against costa rica and paraguay, both countries with about 7 million people combined

Mexico is on a 17? match undefeated streak, and on an 11 match win streak against south american, european and north anerican teams

Youre deluded if you think you could beat them right now, remember they won the gold cup and concacaf cup against you and on your turf

what are you talking about? they are. what did the other concaf teams, outside of mexico, are struggling right now

>Doubting KlinsGOAT

His name sounds like Klansman, so he can stay.

>not wanting german efficiency from our boys
Klinsi got this.

You guys go behave and watch the NBA finals okay?

They're currently 2nd in their WCQ group
We lost to Guatemala in March
In competition that actually matters

but this is a cup that is going on now and that was 3 months ago

The problem is that USA have shitty players

We're going to win the Hex or come in 2nd to Mexico. You self-loathing faggots underrate your own country and overrate shitty CONCASHIT teams because their players have Spanish sounding names. Fucking retards.

>shit against colombia

Wtf are you talking about? They actually looked better than colombia the whole first half. The first goal was completely against the run of play.

Well, he making magic out of a handful of good players and tons of shitty players.

We're going to win 3rd. Screen cap this

This is an irrelevant cup
And that was an important game that jeopardize the one competition we as a nation care about
Plus there's the gold cup debacle last year (which only matters since 1. It gets us to the Confed Cup and 2. We shouldn't be losing in any game other than the final)
Plus the soccer is lackluster
And just idiotic roster selections
I'm just so tired of his shit
He's a shit coach and technical director and if this had been any high level soccer nation would have been fired by now several times

Who should he play at RB against Ecuador?

I say move Cameron to RB, and play Birnbaum at CB.

Uh no
Colombia was in absolute complete control of that game

Who'd be willing to replace him? Seriously... I don't mean dream picks, I mean who honestly has said on record they'd be willing to coach our boys?

Tbf last years team in the Concacrap Cup was pretty much 2014 wc team + Wood. The team is much better right now with Brooks and Yedlin having improved and become more important to the team and the introduction of Pulisic and Nagbe who is a decent box to box midfielder

And people forget despite how shit we were last year, Mexico only beat us in extra time in the last couple minutes with a lucky volley

>confed cup
lol thats even more worthless than this cup which I agree isnt that big. but its actually has more teams with talent and class players playing in it then that confed cup

They could find someone desperate enough

Could this man fix team USA?

It's a nice way to prepare for he next world cup but #2 is more important point

Larry David?

Not really. They were in control in terms of the scoreline but the game was even in terms of shots taken and posession. Even Pekerman admitted that Colombia tried to get more posession to further pressure us but they were repeatedly disposessed in the middle.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about

Didn't Pep say it's a future goal of his?

Also any American manager in the world besides Bradley or Arena would take this. I wouldn't be surprised if a big name euro manager out of work would take it as long as they paid him enough.

Money, the opportunity to live in LA or NY, and a comfy NT job where the only pressure is coming from a couple dozen nerdy journalists. It might be the most desirable job in soccer.

t. MlelS coinnesseur

>It might be the most desirable job in soccer.

Keep dreaming. It can't be the most desirable job if your prospects of taking home any major trophy are slim to none. Only Americans or Euro sellouts and frauds like Klinnsmann are willing to take it.

I'd take Bob Bradley back desu. He was the only coach we've had who was fearless of the big teams and who would discipline his team into a tactical cohesive unit.

ok then to the other points. USA is not a fucking high level country so scale back what to expect.

I am not an expert but doesnt the usa have a huge question mark in like 90% of their positions. all the good players are aging and the us needs to find the next gen of players

Klinsmann might be a fraud in the sense that he talks a lot of game and may very well not know what he is doing. But I wouldn't call him a fraud since he really does believe in what he's doing.

Why is it so far fetched to think that a European manager would be willing to take on the challenge of developing an American team instead of winning trophies?

>TUCA ULTIMATE TACTIC
>Lucky volley

youtu.be/1-2kp7l02Bg
>01:19
youtu.be/THjEb4UALIU
>01:48

Yeah, I think not

You clearly didn't watch the game. The US was dominating possession in the first half and was actively creating good chances. Obviously their organization went to shit after a couple of goals but they were nowhere close to being dominated.

>USA is not a fucking high level country so scale back what to expect.
Pretty sure "Let's beat Jamaica at home" is not that high of an expectation

larry david?

>us needs to find the next gen of players

We already have it. Our best defender is only 23. There is a 17 year old on the national team. 7 or 8 players playing in Europe ranked among the best youth players at their clubs. Another kid that was at Barcelona until FIFA kicked him out. And Jurgen Klinsmann's son is the future GK once he graduates from berkeley.

>was actively creating good chances
What game was you watching?

larry david?

I hope you're not talking about Yedlin, he's just a flat track bully,
>le run straight and quick man
Then loses possession, and if he doesnt lose possession, then he'll send a shit cross into the box.

Or get two yellows in 30 seconds of each other.

The u20 team last year did great in the u20 wc, losing to the eventual champs in pens but I doubt they will be that much better than the previous national teams.

I think he's talking about Brooks
Brooks has been pretty good
He was exposed last year though
Of course Geoff Cameron is a much better CB partner than Alvarado

youtu.be/WHuXEbsngGk

He's talking about Brooks you retard

lol why are you getting all this hate from one tournament that he did live up to expectations. I know it was a bad loss but fucking get over it.

Every team has a bad loss. do you remember the usa beating spain in a confed cup?

My point was that for this tournament the usa is kind of in a grey area between two generations. These teams arent going to be as good as the world cup teams.
i think he is talking about john brooks? hasnt he been doing pretty good

if he'd learn how to construct a fucking lineup he'd be fine

They didn't do that great
They played shitty soccer and grinded out results from bad opponents
Not what you want from your youth side
The 2013 team was a lot better

this will make me laugh every time

Are you capable of reading?
It's not the only problem
That loss to Jamaica wasn't even the worst aspect from it
It's bad that you lose, it's really bad if you play really shitty every game
Can't say that about Spain

They didn't play tiki taco because >Ramos is a meme coach. And at the very least they were composed and not afraid of "big teams"

How did Larry get into this situation?

But that's not the point of the youth team
You're supposed to be developing players
How does that help?

Beat Ecuador again and it's a deal

You dont develop youth players at a tournament, you know that right? It's just a tournament to see how they fare against other youth teams, nothing more

Have you even watched this tournament? They've been playing excellent. Didn't look terrible against colombia, conceded two extremely unlucky goals but were fairly solid otherwise, dominated a Costa Rica team that isn't far removed from knockout stages of the WC, and did enough against Panama.

The team looks better than it has in a long time, and once Brooks reaches his prime they'll have a truly dominant defense

Yeah
But if you win by playing direct shitty soccer, what have you gained?

Talking about last year
The team has done what should have been expected of them
But they haven't done anything to make up for Klinsmann's past failings
He should have been fired before the tournament and hasn't done anything to make up for that fact

but you are saying this like we are in europe, and south america where soccer is the top sport with all the talent playing it. you are been too harsh. soccer is still a niche sport alongside maybe hockey, on a good day, which is behind baseball, football, and basketball as the most popular sports. its going to have to take a couple of decades to be able to have those expectations

>That sick °360 the bald man did
How did they lose?! they truly have the skill to win

Except for the fact that we were better under Bradley.

What have I said that's over the top?
>Beat CONCACAF opponents at home
>Don't lose ever to the particularly shitty ones
I'm not expecting them to bring home a world cup

He's shit, you people are like girls

>its going to have to take a couple of decades to be able to have those expectations
Nope. You just need a good coach and enough funds to scout and work with players since they are teenagers. Make them play against better rivals, and in about 5 years you can build a pretty decent team, and I'm talking about a decent team, not what you have right now, which is 90% luck. I'm not even going to say heart because some of your players look like they actually fear the ball.

KLINSMANN IN
L
I
N
S
M
A
N
N

I
N

the question was about extending him past 2020. i'm not saying he gets fired if he doesn't get to the finals in this copa. i'm saying he should not be extended beyond Russia2018 without some signs of real progress and occasional over-performances. the team has been shitting the bed in the Gold Cup of late and qualifiers aren't off to a great start.

the copa is AT HOME
if the team beats kekuador and argentina and shows well in 2018, i'm open to extending his contract.

do i need to remind you children that bob fucking bradley had the US 45 minutes from winning the confederations cup, got out of the group in 2010, and was fired for losing to mexico in the 2011 gold cup? why? because it felt like the team was regressing.

it's fucking asinine to be considering extending klinsmann until we see how the team progresses over the next two years. if we're not moving forward, we move on without him.

You'd swap back lines with us in an instant though if you're being honest

If the condition to keeping him is beating us you might as well kick him out already, no coach in the world could make a subpar team like yours beat a top team, your players just aren't skillfull enough.

Bradley got out of the group in SA. Got an extension. Then got fired anyway after losing to Mexico in the 2011 Gold Cup final.

Klinsmann's head should be on the chopping block unless we beat Ecuador and Argentina (or take them to extra time). If we get raped by either, I want him out.

Sorry user - Klinsmann not going to get fucking fired to a loss to the Argentinians. If he beat them he would be untouchable till after the WC

Stop being this delusional, you have shit players, in fact, you are already punching above your league defeating paraguay

and you are going off of one fucking bad loss.

>beating argentina
are you fucking high man? messi will dominate this team look at what he fucking did to costa rica. America is better but man messi can still do a hat trick over 90 minutes and I wouldnt even be mad.
I am pretty sure that argentina right now was better than the brazil team.(I am not prepared to fight this)

I wont thinking about extending his contract until after the russia world cup

Weird I'm pretty sure people said the exact same thing in 2009. Hopefully you're players don't play with the same level of arrogance. Look what happened to Brazil today ffs

>Pulisic
>17 years old

Holy shit when will Amerifats stop with this meme? I remember when you retards started rating that brown kid from Bayern Munich, he's not even a bench warmer in his team.