I'm about to take my first antidepressant pill...

I'm about to take my first antidepressant pill. From here on I will officially be someone who needs to alter their reality to get by. I will be the person that caved. I will take this pill every day for at least a year, starting now. Once I take it, I will have admitted to myself that whenever I tried to make myself believe I was having fun or was happy, I was deluding myself. Nothing can fix me, I am broken forever.

RIP fapping

just take the pill u fucking autistic teen faggot

do it faggot

>teen
lol

Don't do it, kill yourself if it's that bad, if not, you don't need a pill.

You're a nigger. Dont be stupid. Think about over coming your problems yourself and not becoming reliant on some government made bullshit. Dont be a sheep. They want you to take that fucking pill and become zombified and stupid. Think before you do it OP but if your mind is set no one can stop you.

My wife started taking anti-depressants and anti-anxiety pills a few months ago. She seems happier than ever, and we're a lot closer. She enjoys crazy sex now too.

Mind sharing OP?

Looking at it wrong. Look at it like crutches. You use crutches while your leg is broken so you can get better. You are on anti-depressants to improve your mood so you can work on fixing the deeper problems. They'll help give you the energy to actually exercise and eat better

Nothing else is gonna fix you so stop whining and take it

can confirm. used to fap at least once a day, now I fap maybe once a week, and it takes at least a half hour and a lot of focus to get off. fucking sucks

I started taking Venlafaxine last year. I wish I had started earlier. They absolutely obliterated my anxiety and depression. I've wasted so many years thinking the same way you are... Thinking that the pills were an admission of defeat. I wish I was on them many years ago.

don't think of it as caving. if you get an infection, you take antibiotics. if you get a laceration, you get stitches. if you break a bone, you get a cast and/or pins or whatever. mental illnesses are illnesses, even if you can't SEE them. not everybody has them, but some of us (myself included) do, and they have to be treated. you're not a lesser person, but you have to deal with something that not everyone has to deal with. but you're definitely not alone. I don't think it's weak: it takes strength to admit you can't face something alone and you need help, and there's no shame in that.

I took it. I've had these since February so I've done some thinking. I hope you guys are right, I really fucking hope so.

word of advice: be sure to give it time. I struggle with severe anxiety, and the first 2 weeks or so when I started taking medication were fucking miserable. the body has to adjust and get used to the medication, so you can definitely feel some nausea and fatigue and have diarrhea and all that stuff. but once my body adjusted after a few weeks, I can't even describe to you how much easier my life became (except for the fact that jerking off is insanely difficult now).

These pills are like becoming an hero.

Fuck your mental illness, depression is a direct result of faggots their own cowardice.

Have been on antidepressants for over 4 years, just stopped taking them about a week ago. Honestly, I can't stop thinking about killing myself. I don't know why. I have all the opportunities in the world right now, but I just want life to be over. I guess for some people, depression is just an excuse, but for others it's the real deal.

Come back in a week, same time.

Let me know how it's going, and if it's even worth it.

thank you, Dr. user. impeccable grammar, too. will consider your opinion.

chill out man. I have been on 4 different anti depresents. didnt get on with any of them and now I dont take any. was a bitch to come off of zoloft though be carefull with that one if you get given it.

All of them take 4 weeks to start working and you should ween off them slowly if you quit them. you will be fine but only take them if you think you cant do it without them. also if you do take them, dont miss doses. you need to be regular with SSRI's

Welcome to the real world man. I have crippling depression and violent anger issues. On top of it all, I'm stuck at a dead end job struggling to support my family. I snort pills and smoke weed just to keep from blowing my brains out.

#AmericanDream

celexa

One of the biggest mistakes people with anxiety and depression make including myself is to fall in to the trap of self pity. If you make it overly dramatic in your mind and think as a crisis you will re-enforce it.

you need to learn to live with your negative thoughts and feelings and not pay them so much attention. The less attention you give them the less they will appear