Magnets are free and limitless energy. Prove me wrong

Magnets are free and limitless energy. Prove me wrong

Eventually someone will closed your looped gif and it won't work anymore

They are not. Prove me wrong

they loose the magnetic power with friction or shock

its actually pretty easy to stop a magnet from working

take a freezer magnet from the kitchen and throw it on the ground as hard as you can
you will notice that the power reduced drastically

Solution: dont throw your energy-generating magnets on the ground

But where does the magnetism go?

Friction losses, wear, shock losses from impact, field disturbance

>they loose the magnetic power with friction or shock
>friction

just by using the field you are generating friction and magnetic disturbance

this wheres the magnet off

Dunno your mum and dad have been asking the same question for years now

But how do they work?

Then tell me, why is the ball attracted when going up, but droped conveniently when it has to go down?

With a precise alignment of magnets, it is possible to create a field that can make a motor for instance much more efficient, however it is not possible to "create" energy as the negatives outweigh the positives.

>limitless

No. The pieces of gravity inside of the magnet will eventually spill out and then they won't be magnets anymore. Read a book sometime.

and if they are used at the expense and limitation of anothers energy, and they still free, without limits?

No they don't. This is false thinking. But they're still not sources of energy, they simply generate a magnetic field around themselves in which ferromagnetic things have potential energy. They release energy when moving closer to the magnet and need it to move away. And like with gravity and electric fields, any path which starts and ends in the same location relative to the magnet has a net energy output/sink equal to zero.

I know its bait but

>pieces of gravity

Magnetism is like gravity. It's a force, not an energy.

the electron spin configurations reorient so that they are not all uniform, so the magnetic field produced by each charge is nullified by neighboring charges that have an opposite spin

"How do magnets work?"

Published by the United Oil, Gas, and Electricity Companies

MODS MODS MODS

It's not bait. I studied at Yale for years to get my degree in Geology. I think I know what I'm talking about.

Forces can create energy dumbass

So if the magnet COULD pull the ball from that far away, why would it fall when it got that close?

So fake

1/10 for making me respond.

Magnets lose their magnetism over time.
I know this because I deal with veteran vehicles, which has magnetic flywheels. They have to be remagnetized to work properly.

Yes but only in one way. So, you have to give to the object the same amount of energy to recharge its "force".

Ever shop at a local vegetarian store

daily dose of kek

>the fact that you had to loop your gif isn't enough proof already this wouldn't work

>Yale
>degree
You're in the wrong place sonny

It's not totally correct. "Potential energy" = force * distance.

What is friction

The magnet at the top is on an electric charge on and off. On pulls magnet to the top then switches off, dropping it.

It's resistance to a movement. Ex, Air create a force that reduce the speed of an object.

>"Potential energy" = force * distance
What.
Force time distance gives Work done by displacement along the direction of force.
This work equals the change in potential energy of the object, if the force is due to a conservative field.
"Potential energy" is NOT force*distance

That's actually not friction user. The air resistance is due due to the viscosity of air, which is a fluid. It's a different process than friction, which is generally between solids, and is due to weak electrostatic force.

Remove all friction from that system and it'll keep going on forever. It will not generate energy though. Add even the slightest bit of friction and it'll stop, meaning that only the energy you put into the system was used while zero was generated.

So are we all pretending we can't see the actual skip in the video where it loops?

What about a magnetic ball in space spinning extremly fast in a circle and its incased by a coil. Will it generate electricity.

The ball will just stop eventually. Energy in the form of electricity is nothing more than a combination of the electric field and magnetic field. Both interact with one another in different ways to deliver you what people refer to as "electricity". The moment you generate a current, it's the moment you have "friction". You can take it to even more extreme extents and say "I'll just use a super conductor", but even that is bound to generate "friction". To put it in even simpler terms, if you've ever measured a battery under no load, you'll see the results are completely different than in actual load. THAT is the effect of a low "friction" system vs a high "friction" one.

Generating electricity creates friction,

There's a problem with this, eddy current braking will occur even with a superconductor.

I'm used to talk about the "air friction" in aerodynamism. But you're right, there's also vaccum effect ans others things due to fluid physics.

i dont always strawman but when i do i make sure its schizophrenic af

>walking dsm diagnosis guilty

why doesn't the steel ball just stick to the magnet?

underrated post

>I think
There's the problem