Why doesn't CONCACAF and CONMEBOL just merge together...

Why doesn't CONCACAF and CONMEBOL just merge together? There are only 10 teams in CONMEBOL so they end up having to invite teams from CONCACAF to make up 12 teams for the Copa America (they actually have more than 12 teams in South America, but Guyana, French Guiana and Suriname are a part of CONCACAF and the Falklands team isn't recognised by FIFA because of Argie butthurt). CONCACAF is already split into the North American, Central American and Caribbean unions, why don't they just add a South American union to that?

As it stands, the Gold Cup is just mexicowinslol and the Copa America is seen as a meme trophy. If they merged the two then maybe it will be a bit more prestigious (like the Euros).

Lol and risk not going to the world cup?

what? there would be the same amount of invites

Obviously since the two would be merged, the world cup places would also be added together, so you'd still have 8 or 9 teams going from the Americas. I'd think it would be good in the long term as well, CONCACAF countries would be stronger if they had to regularly compete against the likes of Brazil and Argentina.

because it's stupid, CONCACAF teams are all total shit except Mexico and Costa Rica, making south americans play haiti, panama and jamaica regularly will just bring the standards down even more.

UEFA has countries like France, Germany and England competing against the San Marino, Faroe Islands and Netherlands. It's still the most prestigious confederation.

The distance for trips are just too big for this to be viable.
>Between moscow and lisbon
Kilometres:3902.97
>Between buenos aires and ontario
Kilometres:8945.26
Also, if i'm not mistaken the federations have some sort of vote in fifa, less federations would mean less votes and would mean a hard time negotiating the bribes as you have more interests to please.

So we should copy the bad and utterly ridiculous things about UEFA?

> And Netherlands

Nice one old chap

If it means that people take the competition more seriously, like the Euros, then yes. If I'm correct, the Gold cup is structured so that each union has a certain amount of players that make it to the finals (4 from the Caribbean, 5 from Central America, USA, Mexico and Canada qualify automatically). The different unions don't actually play each other until the finals. Maybe it could be restructured so that there are 7 South American teams, 3 from North America, 3 from the Caribbean and 3 from Central America.

The distances are far too great, and the football cultures are not the same. Brazil does not want to do deal with central american legbreaking teams.

We'll take the competition even less serious.

And I don't even want it to be taken seriously anyway. Any NT thing not world cup-related should be just practice for the world cup, not an end in itself.

Faroe Islands would absolutely hammer the likes of Haiti and Canada

>Faroese would hammer players from Ekstraklasa
sounds about right t b h

No, thank you

Still too risky
I'm not sure we would always be a top 8 team

that's what we all want except Mexicucks who are too scared and make excuses about "the bussiness"...

>Concacaf
But then mexico would never qualify for world cup, who are they going to bully??

The U.S. of A.

It's not just the Mexican federation. All the shit tier Carribean nations (and there are like 20 of them) depend on Concacrap money and would veto any move to merge with Conmebol. The only thing we could agree on is a joint tournament every 4 years but no complete federation merger

Whats the point of having concacaf teams play against conmebol, how is haiti vs any conmebol team watchable.

We're not going to improve just playing against south american spics. The whole issue with our development is resources and youth development. If we can't produce better players, nothing is going to change.

Thats only viable if mexico goes to conmebol, not only do they bring in the money but both them and southamericans would benefit from having a new worthy contender competing with an extra WC spot.

Concacaf is where its at because of mexico, both in money terms and sport success, when mexico wins something internationally we just ride off them and they increase our prestige as a footballing confederation. Also the beaners are passionate about this stuff, they spend like crazy so business is good.

If mexico leaves we are pretty much going to be Oceania tier.
Thats why they never will, every concacaf team wont let them

Nah, but Centenario it's the first step for a mixed continental cup.

This is perfectly feasable.

It's fun because there's always the chance of Haiti winning. Look at what happened with Peru-Brazil. In futbol, anything can happen.

>As it stands, the Gold Cup is just mexicowinslol

If México joins conmebal they will be just another team. At concacaf they are kings. Why would they even think about leaving?

>at concacaf they are kings

Kings in terms of corruption and money maybe. Last year they needed heavy refball just to beat Panameme and Costa Rica

Only argentina and maybe colombia would be able to defeat mexico on a normal day.
Didnt they beat you like 2 weeks ago while playing all defenders and midfielders?

> be usa
> cant compete in futbol
> have to make their own sports and play locally
> still talk like they know anything about joga bonito
> why are we so retarded??

They should make a Copa America every four years including 10 conmebol teams + 6 concacaf teams. It's a lot better than inviting two teams. Mexico played with their subs at last year's Copa America.

>butthurt american
No matter how much you scream refball they still are the most succesful team of the region, consistenly beat you in all competitions, coming off a gold cup and confederations cup while you got knocked out, at home, by jamaica

Instead of talking shit you should take a look at what theyve done right, theyve won 2 u17 world cups and have players for about a decade plus.

>be Chicano

>have to shitpost to vent about the pent up anger before going to build the wall.

Dos a cero my subhuman taco friend

>youth world cups

Who fucking cares. Last years u20, they couldnt get out of the group stage and it's always some meme African nation with 30 year old Nigerians who win

>mentioning the obvious refball they had like red cards and ghost penalties is talking shit

I didnt know the spics were this far up north in Canada

This please. Gold Cup fucking sucks.

>hurr spics niggers refball

This coming from a team with half of the starters being mexicans

No wonder youve won nothing in like almost a decade lol.

Yeah except the 2013 Gold cup you dumb fucking retarded >Leaf. Meanwhile you are brazil'd + 1 by shit tier teams like Honduras

This.
USA is a disgrace. The team would be even more shittier without the tacos. Build the wall, deport half the NT. kek.

problem is concacaf has like those preliminary stages where the tiny caribbean nations and canada play, i don't think that CONMEBOL nations would like their league format (which is by far the simplest and better of all confederations) changed.

also i feel NTs like mexico would be against it, since mexico is one of the biggest footy markets and they couldn't afford not going to a WC. a lot of money would be lost. Same with USA, although I could see Klinsmann advocating for it as a way to keep getting experience.

what I would like is for the OFC to get a full 1 spot for the WC, so we can always have all the confederations represented.

also britman, you should know that Copa América is way older than the Euro, with the same level of prestige.

>1 spic in the current 23 squad right now. 2 if you count Bedoya

Build el wallo, amigo

Last minute goal when we were playing with our bench, literally. Before that the coach was "experimenting" and even like that Mexico couldn't score.

I'm not defending our shitty nt, but If you are going to shitpost at least know your facts. Mexico is a meme only supported by concacaf. Fucking Haiti qualified within concacaf.

10 gold cups, 1 confederation cup, 2 sub17 world cups and a gold medal, stop talking shit, we are not the best team, but we can play well against everyone.

>10 gold cups, 1 confederation cup
Both irrelevant.

Confederation Cup is more important than Copa america, it's about to beat the best teams of every confederation.

some of you guys are alright, but the majority of CONCACAF is shit

No, confederation cup is an aftertought, copa america actually gets publicity.

Not that mexico is shit, you'd probably clasify 8 out of 10 times were the confederations to merge, but don't pat your stats with meaningless competitions.

>Only argentina and maybe colombia would be able to defeat mexico on a normal day.

Dude just fuck off

Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile and Uruguay would all regularly wreck Mexico if they joined.
Mexico beating Suarez-less Uruguay at home in this tournament doesn't change the fact that Mexico has a history of being just awful

I know youre jealous but Canada is right, Argentina and maybe Colombia are the only two who could beat Mexico on a regular basis, the rest are below or at Mexico's level.

>Mexican delusions

Counting today's brazil and uruguay as the norm is retarded, don't pretend you are near top 3 because you lucked out playing local against a weakened uruguay.

You are probably matching chile.

You know your going to get Chavez'd today right?

Nah mexico is at par with Venezuela nothing more.

Colombia or Ecuador would wreck mexico every 9/10.

World cup has showed South America on par of Europ. Mexico wouldn't stand a chance on either continent.

>Ecuador
Nah.

H-haha great one l-lad

>brazil
>at or below mexico's level

You could win the next 4 world cups in a row, and you still wouldn't be at their level.
Just because Brazil isn't that great currently, doesn't mean you can erase history

Also, Neymar didn't play, Douglas Costa didn't play, Thiago Silva didn't play. They didn't even have their 3 best players lmao

Mexico can't even win a Libertadores and they think they're on par with the south american countries, ayyy

They are first on the qualifiers if I am not mistaking.

I think they are superior to mexico, even if they don't have big names.

Exepting Bolivia, Peru and Venezuela they all are superior teams. The two last being on par with mexico.

Cant reply to everyone because on mobile, but its okay if people think otherwise, itll always be like that for Mexico.
>Mexico does well, dont get used to it
>South American teams consistently play like trash, w-we didnt care to begin with!!

What I said is true, only two teams could really beat Mexico consistently if they merged both sides.

>Only 2 teams

Only like half of Conmebol.

When did Mexico do well outside of Concacaf? You can't even beat USA regularly for fuck's sake.

Ecuador is on a high right now, what matter is the long term success, if mexico were to join, now they'd do great, but in a ten year period they would realize just how a bit above average they are.

I suspect their inflated egos wouldn't be able to take that hit after years of bullying island NTs, case in point If i were to make a ranking, it'd probably be

Argentina-brazil>uruguay-colombia>chile-mexico-paraguay>ecuador>peru>bolivia>venezuela

South Americans are chronic excuse makers, though

>What I said is true, only two teams could really beat Mexico consistently if they merged both sides.

Brazil, even with one of it's worst generations in a long time, would still regularly bitch slap you

Hell, the worse Brazil I've ever seen, which was the 2014 Brazil, was fucking owning you in the WC. If it wasn't for Ochoa having the game of his life you woulda been 4-0'd

You merge the confederations and Mexico would definitely be behind Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay (even with their small ass population kek), Colombia, and Chile. You'd be around the same level as Paraguay and USA

Come on, it's too risky for burgerland. Concacaf is merely a procedure to get to the WC, with Conmebol teams they would have to fight hard to qualify.

And it would effectively mean that all other small countries from Concacaf will never get a chance at the WC since their level is even worse than Bolivia.

Merging only benefits Conmebol teams and the higher ranks officials wallets

Like I said, Mexico doing well will always be seen as a short phase.

>Mexico wins Gold at the olympics against Brazil
>i-it doesnt count!! Brazil didnt try!!

>Mexico ties with Brazil, mostly even with Brazil player slightly better
>PROOF MEXICO SUCKS!!!

Also you saying Mexico is at USA's level is hilarious.

>Olympics

Stopped reading there.

Build wall, retard

We're doing not-so-bad since 2007. I don't think Bolivia is above us (outside La Paz).

Its the most recent time ome beat the other in a tournament, is it not? Theres no excuses there. Both tried for a medal neither had. Not saying its a big deal, but you cant make a single fucking excuse about the outcome of the game.

And that's why i put you before bolivia and peru

La paz is almost a joke.

Build a wall yourself, we living in Mexico, so we don't want to live in your shitty country. :^)

Nah bro, he is from Venezuela, not Ecuador. You put them last hehe

>Argentina-brazil>uruguay-colombia-chile-mexico>paraguay>ecuador>venezuela>peru>bolivia

Fucking esto. Just the same teams we face in the hex, and ones that aren't good enough to make it, over and over. Boring af

Venezuela is objectively better than Bolivia, Perhaps even Peru. Besides that your rating is realistic enough.

I still think mexico would suffer even to archive that position tho.

ooooh venezuela, sorry.
Well, i'm taking into account that you probably won't have much of a country in the near future.

No offense.

Chile is a good team, I think that Mexico vs Chile will be a funny match.

Having a cup full of caribbean a central americans teams is far from serius. Of course there are exceptions, like Costa Rica. But look at Haiti and Panama. If you didn't know, they actually are better than a LOT of other countries from the region. I prefer Copa America as it is, with 12 average/strong teams. Wouldn't mind to copy this format (16 teams) for others copa america.

The past few years u werent as hyped as 2007. Hope you do make a decent comeback. You beat us fair, senpai.

Yeah i get your point, but Venezuela current team is full of youth. Al tough there is no chance for us in the next world cup, this will still be important years for our team.

Mind you i am not in delusion, i know we are far from being a competitive team in south America, but we could become decent in the next five years.

Mexico is better than.most conmebol nations, you're overrating the sudacas they're not that good

pls

Mexico competes in CONCACAF, that's why you think you are big shit.

>all these Mexicans and their hilarious overrating of their average team

And you yurofags think >we or brits are bad when it comes to hype

Aergentina and Brazil are the only teams that could be considered elite. After them comes teams like Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, teams that on any normal day we usually beat or tie agaisnt, in fact we have a positive win/lose ratio against all of you.

Brazil is a good team?

with 8 spots, the "regulars" that would usually in play for the WCQ are Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Chile, Mexico, USA, and Costa Rica. that's 8 right there. in order to fall out of the top 8, we'd need to lose to a few from the likes of el salvador, guatemala, honduras, nicaragua, panama, cuba, jamaica, the dominican republic, trinidad and tobago, venezuela, peru, bolivia, or bolivia.

if we can't put together a better performace than all of those teams, we really don't deserve to go in the first place. the 8 that would make it through are the same ones as we'd expect.

I'm not sure if Ecuador is below Costa Rica/USA tier. Keep in mind you'll have to play at least once in a stadium that is almost twice the altitude above sea than Denver

sure, but some of the bottom half teams from the top 8 will drop at least a couple points here or there too, we can afford one bad game. three or four though, against lower teams? if that happens and one of those teams would get our spot, then we deserve it.

so really, having 8 spots between the two of us would still work out okay, since the same teams would be going anyways more or less. the argument for not merging the two confederations would have to lie elsewhere.

Really, mr default-man? We won't have a country? How about you pay debts, and finish up jailing your (now ex) president.

We already finished paying the debnts and the only reason she isn't in jail yet is because she's useful for dividing peronism.
Stay mad.

No chance for what? Making the knockout stages is still the bar for success unless you're in an easy group. Not many teams can do that consistently.

In 5 years we'll be even better as out Euro-trained youth start to come of age, but we thankfully will be onto a new coach by then. Which is not to say I hate JK, I'm ambivalent about him, but I think we need fresh eyes to help us move on from Jones/Dempsey and the other vets.

We had our one SHIT year (2015), but I think we'll ramp up and improve from now till Russia and end up being pretty good.

Didn't Chavez payed your debts? . Not saying that Venezuela is any better. But comparing regular shit to diarrhea its hardly a compliment.

>Didn't Chavez payed your debts?
What? You are thinking about shitty caribean nations.

who do you see replacing the role Dempsey plays next, since 2018 will be his last world cup as a starter?

I'm not so sure yet about this Wood guy, even though he's obviously got potential.

Well, you're right, I didn't know that. That was like 4 months ago, I wonder why I never heard anything about the settlement. Point still stands, even though the US had 2 populist candidates and there's lots of mud-slinging around, everyone always says we're fucked, and in the end the eventual president is mediocre, just like the last guy. Some good, some bad, and America keeps on going.

can you guys stop it with the "the distance is too much!" meme?

Australia travels just as much I would assume for their games in the AFC.

at least CONMEBOL should invite USA and Mexico to join, that way they have 12 teams and the rest of the shitters remaining in CONCACAF just make Canada wish they were good enough to join CONMEBOL.

Yes i think so as well, but i find it extremely hard for Venezuela to recover in the qualifiers to Russia. Not impossible but highly unlikely.

Dreaming is free tho, i would cry the day i see Venezuela in a world cup

I was talking about venezuela you selfcenterd retard.

Trump is going to win though, he's a by the number populist and you keep playing into his hands because you've 0 experience with them, and believe me, you've always had decent presidents, you'll find out the hells of real populism.

Well, Wood. Or if Altidore finds his form. I know, he's hated, but when he's on, he's on. He scored the most consecutive goals for us in 2013, our best calendar year.

It's true, we don't have an obvious replacement for CD outside of Wood, but we could experiment with different formations instead. Perhaps put BW or Zardes (where he prefers to play, Zardes is NOT a winger) up top, with Morris/Pulisic on the wings.

Oh, oops, didn't catch that. I got fooled by the flag. It's not a dick, don't take it so hard. Yeesh.
Sorry senpai, good luck, I kinda misread your post.

doesnt north america only have 3 countries anyway?