Why hasnt Uruguay and Argentina merged already?

Why hasnt Uruguay and Argentina merged already?

They're practically the same

Delet this

wich country is your asian austria?

Uruguay doesn't want to turn into shit

In the future Argentina and Uruguay will be an unified nation...

Our mission: defend the whiteness in the continent.

>Argentina
>white
You are not defending """""whiteness""""" by uniting with Uruguay, they should build a wall on the border with you

basicamente esto

Argentina - Black nation
Uruguay - White nation

Are you guys into interracial?

Because it's rightful Brazilian clay.
Argentina can fuck off.

Because muh Platine War, muh Uruguashos traidores and the eternal Brasileño.

It really isn't.

>Why haven't all of continental South and Central America excluding the bits that don't speak Spanish merged already?
Because real world politics don't match your autistic video game view of history and political administration and identity

We disagree too much.
Uruguay is left-wing and Argentina is right-wing. Uruguay is atheist/agnostic and Argentina is catholic. Uruguay is progressive-leaning and Argentina is conservative-leaning. Etc, etc.

I wouldn't mind an uruguayan annexation though. We share the same culture after all.

>Uruguay is left-wing and Argentina is right-wing. Uruguay is atheist/agnostic and Argentina is catholic. Uruguay is progressive-leaning and Argentina is conservative-leaning. Etc, etc.

None of that matters. Look at the USA, Brazil, Russia and Germany.

For the same reasons the US and Canada, Venezuela and Colombia or UK and Ireland haven't merged either

stop crying m8s

Uruguay is Brazil rightful clay!!
Cisplatina come home!

>the US and Canada,
The world isn't ready for such raw power.

Uruguay is rightful Portuguese clay.

We wont let it, Cusplatina is either ours or nobody's(also known as Uruguay).

Central America was one nation before it was many, that's why many of the flags look similar they're all based off Central American flag

>US and Canada
Canadians are loyalists
Americans are rebels

>UK and Ireland
Different ethnicities.

>Venezuela and Colombia
I don't know. Do Venezuelans and Colombians know why they afiliate towards artificially created former Spanish administrative regions?

>Argentina
>right-wing, catholic, conservative
really?
I've always seen you guys as Latin America's Sweden

Why hasnt [insert two countries here] merged already?
>Czech Republic and Slovakia
>Serbia and Croatia
>Belarus and Russia
>Spain and Portugal
>Perú and Bolivia
>México and South West USA :^)
>Norway and Sweden
>Austria and Germany
>Australia and New Zealand

And that's just off the top of my head.

Don't you have some Chinese family's children to take care of?

I don't want muh HDI to go down. I'd much rather annex South Brazil.

chegou o bigodudo fedorento

We'll get flooded with Ronaldinhos.

all kind of views and inmigrants are welcome, but that doesnt mean we were not nazis, or genocidal.
we got a very particular way

How would they benefit from it?
Legit question

you are confused with arabs, south american flags are not similar at all.

I'm talking about just Central America, the flags there are blue and white
Nicaraguan, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala. Costa Rica used to but they decided they were special snowflakes and changed it

Pic related was the Central American flag

Venezuela and Colombia had nothing to do with each other way before Independence. Venezuela was militarist, federative, very nationalist people. Colombia was legalist, centralist.

Now Venezuela is commie, Colombia has mixed economy tending to free market. Idiosincratically, Venezuela is much more Caribbean, Colombia much more Andean.

my bad, I should learn to read.

Uruguay is Brazilian clay

because it is our Poland, and we (Brazil and Argentina) are like Imperial/Nazi Germany and USSR, so fuck off, don't poke your nose in our playground

Why hasnt Rusia and Ucrania merged already?

Why hasnt china and japon merged already?

Why hasnt Mexico and Usa merged already?

Argentina and Uruguay are the same.
Uruguay tried to become a part of Argentina, but the war between Argentina and Brazil ended up as a tie, because we beat them on land in Uruguay but we couldnt do anything about their fleet blockading the river plate, so England came and decided to mediate, the result is no one gets Uruguay, now it is independent.

Argentina is very leftist, but Uruguay is even more leftist, they are Czech Republic tier atheists.

Also, Argentina wouldnt benefit so much from owning Uruguay, because it would hurt Buenos Aires. Uruguay has much better harbour and ports than Buenos Aires, and much better beaches too.
That is the reason why no Buenos Aires-Uruguay bridge was ever built, it would benefit Uruguay and hurt Buenos Aires.

why the fuck we would want non-country atheist edgy druggie copy of us? are you stupid?

Really? One of the uruguayans I met was catholic. I thought Argentina was the left wing one.

for some reason here where i live, they think Catholicism and left wing ideologies are correlated

I understand why they would think that but I am catholic and conservative. In catholicism they teach you as an individual to give to the poor, not to obligate the government and thus everyone else to do it.

maybe they could win the world cup together

Because Argentina isn't strong/rich enough and we are relatively sucessful and wealthy RELATIVELY being the key word.

We should be one country though, we are a meme non-country that shouldn't exist and we were always part of the heartland of the Viceroyalty of the Rio de la Plata, our accent is almost the same and we even had the same immigrants.

However, as long as Argentina doesn't get its shit together or we became a huge shithole that would benefit greatly from being a part of Argentina, unification won't happen.

Argentina fucking sucks, leave Uruguay alone they're doing well enough on their own.
There's a saying here ''mejor solo que mal acompañado''

It's not that Argentina sucks, it's just that we wouldn't win much that would make it worth losing our autonomy.

I mean, we would be one of the provinces that give money rather than recieve it from the federal budget, we would get in the mess of argie politics, etc.

Is uruguay really a white nation or is this a meme?

>USA and Canada

Soon brother, it's our destiny to merge and when we do the world will see our true might

How is uruguay doing exactly? From what I understand the major populations are in the coastal cities and everywhere else is just like any other south American shit hole.

Outside the airport are slums were they have direct TV satellites and ride horses.

Kids commit high rates of crime because they can't really be punished.

whiter than usa thats for sure

> le60%face.jpg

It isn't a meme, the majority of the population is white. That doesn't mean it's an aryan paradise of course.

I'd say something like 75% white.

The country is shit for first world standards but very good for third world standards.

If you think that's white I have news for you jose

What is life in Uruguay like?

Is the economy improving or shit?

What's it like with legalized marijuana? I heard its expensive and shit.

What about prostitution? And abortion?

1. Boring, slow, a bit comfy maybe since you are far away from everywhere.

2. We avoided a recession and it seems to be accelerating, inflation is going down and so is unemployment. This is very good since Brazil, Argentina and Venezuela are all rekt so we managed to "grow on our own" so to speak.

3. It's legal to grow and consume but it still isn0t sold in pharamcies because of our inherent inefficency.

4. Prostitution is legal an there are brothels. Abortion is legal as well.

In terms of prostitution and abortion my question was more towards if it's affordable.

Both of those things being legal in a welfare state is strange

Would you consider uruguay a welfare state?

What is crime like? I've heard of crimes being commited by kids since they can't really be punished

I'm sorry for all the questions but Uruguay really fascinates me. I believe it has the most potential of the south American countries

Prostitution varies a lot depending on what you want. You can get some cheap ones for 20 US dollars or better ones for 100-200 dollars.

Abortion is free and done by the state.

Yes, Uruguay has always been a welfare state and has had statist views about defending public companies, public healthcare, etc.

Crime is better than average in Latin America but that isn't saying much. Yes, minors are untouchable so many do what they want.

Chilean Patagonia , Argentina, Uruguay and the southernmost state of Brazil are literally the same, but they don't merge because things don't work like that in the real world.

This. Argentina managed to be even more centralised than Brazil.

Uruguay will be absorbed into brazil by 2050. Mark my words