>His """"""""""""country""""""""" was part of the Mongol empire

>His "country" is not the perfect mix of Slavic and Germanic culture

>his "country" is not a humanitarian superpower

>his country isnt the modern day roman empire
ukeks need to get out

>his "country" wasn't part of the Swedish empire

>this is what americlaps actually believe

ITT : Carthageans

Funny how so many people wanted to be Roman. Middle easterners, Nords, etc. I think only Italy and Spain could have produced an actual head of state

Sayaka a shit

just a reminder that romans were so unfuckable they had to steal women in order to make sure their city didnt die out

>Carthageans

who cares. we are better than thr Romans by a long shot.

Rome was based as fuck, shame the eternal Germ had to ruin it like they always do.

>His country wasn't part of the russian empire.

>tfw Brazil wasn't colonized by the Russians

We were an autonymous grand duchy no less.

youtube.com/watch?v=gztGzNljqW4

>his country isn't a humanitarian power and a force for good.

I wish the Russians didn't pull the Russification on Finland. You guys were doing pretty alright without Sweden.

ur a shit

>Force for good

I swear i've heard a burger say this before.

You're just an extension and continuation of the British Empire, numbnuts.

Sayaka is a MESS.

Also, holy shit. Good song, mate. Favorited it.

Its in all the Navy commercials.

stop liking shit girls
including sakuracuck

Don't do this, it is utterly pathetic and makes us look bad.

We were, swedes were not nearly as interesting in developing this area since it was merely an frontier and state where to pull levies from. Russian tsars saw the benefit in developing extensively the cities on coast of bothnia and finland. But desu i believe there was little russians couldn't done even if they had not tried to russify us. Nationalism was the driving force in that period.

youtube.com/watch?v=C4jHY8h05jE

Oh shut up you tart.

Do brits believe this
ahahahahAHAHA

Just appreciate we like Britain

One of the few namefags I respect.

>Vargposting
Keep it up.

This era was full of turmoils, and it's hard to keep a country/empire united when it has many cultures unless you rule it with an iron fist. Nevertheless, congrats in the 99 years of independence.

Technicaly it was?

>A-America i-is just British s-so their achievement sort of our achievements! It's pure and utter cringe and everyone laughs at us because of retards like you.

>he has never held a small picnic on his local Roman wall

how can people even live like this

Good for you, hopefully they took as good care for you as they did for us.

Sayaka is a BEST
stop posting varg

> his """country""" isn't less than 150 years old
Holyshit. It's like you don't even want to be modern and successful.

Why are you such a faggot

>A-America i-is just British s-so their achievement sort of our achievements! It's pure and utter cringe and everyone laughs at us because of retards like you.
It was a country that was founded solely on rejecting the British Empire.

Also, most of America, has fuck all to do with Britain. I've been to California, and aside from language, it's more Spanish than English (and even then there are majority spanish-speaking counties).

I know, that is why I am telling him to stop implying America is a continuation of the British empire

Shut up, haha
don't care in the slightest

He's right, fuck sayaka

go fuck yourself

>his waifu is a cuck

Follow your waifu's steps, my man

It is time to kiss your sister

Why sad face? The truth hurts, isn't it?
*proceed to fuck her*

That's because California was founded by the Spanish, even the whole wild west and cowboy stuff was adopted from Mexico
But if you go to the East coast its New England
The south is a combination of the two, some French influence and niggers

At least I live in America LATINA.

kys

>kiss
y-you too

>his "colony" is now a US state

>his """country""" isn't the rightful heir of the Roman Empire

>his country didnt BTFO the roman empire

lmaoing at ur lyfe

Do Roman settlements on your clay count?

so which country is the rightful heir of roman empire again?

Holy Finnish Empire

>tfw my family's house is older than his whole """country"""

>his "country" didn't destroy the Roman empire

How does it look

>his "country" isn't 1st world

I know, right? Whenever I see a non-Roman posting I always think "you fucking barbarian how dare you?"

For the hundredth time: a republic can't inherit a monarch title.

It was rebuild later at some point, it's modernized

t. non-country

ur just jealous

sure, "Rurik", I'm very jealous of Öster...FInland

Jag är säkert att du är, Jean-Claude

>"In wonderful savageness live the nation of the Fenni, and in beastly poverty, destitute of arms, of horses, and of homes; their food, the common herbs; their apparel, skins; their bed, the earth; their only hope in their arrows, which for want of iron they point with bones. Their common support they have from the chase, women as well as men; for with these the former wander up and down, and crave a portion of the prey. Nor other shelter have they even for their babes, against the violence of tempests and ravening beasts, than to cover them with the branches of trees twisted together; this a reception for the old men, and hither resort the young. Such a condition they judge more happy than the painful occupation of cultivating the ground, than the labour of rearing houses, than the agitations of hope and fear attending the defense of their own property or the seizing that of others. Secure against the designs of men, secure against the malignity of the Gods, they have accomplished a thing of infinite difficulty; that to them nothing remains even to be wished." - Tacitus

I'm sure, if I were to return in time and tell the Romans that in centuries to come, the descendants of the Fenni would claim the Roman Imperial title, they'd consider it the joke of the century. You might even find it written down by some author.

You must be reatrded or really buttblasted about some memes. Tacitus never ventured to actual finland and the area and people he named fenni were most likely Germanics/protoslavs living in the baltic area. As far as romans saw it this was just a wasteland.

But truly now i'm just wondering how some nonrelevant shitstain spergs out from friendly banter, gnight.

t:Not the same.

>his country was a part of the ottoman empire

sultan mehmed didn't proclaim himself as the new roman emperor, the patriarch of constantinople did
also how is it illegitimate exactly? he was the great grandson of a roman princess and he had the sons of constantine serving under him as generals
>inb4 muh muzzies

Naah, Fenni = Suomi = Finns

>roman
>didnt hold rome

The uncertainties have led some scholars to conclude that Tacitus' Fenni is a meaningless label, impossible to ascribe to any particular region or ethnic group.[19] But Tacitus appears to relate the Fenni geographically to the Peucini and the Venedi, albeit imprecisely, stating that the latter habitually raided the "forests and mountains" between the other two. He also gives a relatively detailed description of the Fenni's lifestyle.[1]

Now you wanted serious discussion and comparing of accounts and it seems i've buttblasted your not at all relevant ass once again. cry som moar.

>speaks Germanic language
>protestant

WE

Gott erhalte Franz den Kaiser

>his country
lol

Just

Lol

Fenni/Finn from the IE root fen- (english to find, dutch vinden) litt. "finders"

in other words, a "Finn" = a hunter-gatherer, those who lived exactly in the way Tacitus described them.

Also Paul the Deacon confirmed this, he called them Scritofenni, or "jumping Finns". This 6 centuries later, back when Charlemagne was uniting Europe, Finns were still jumping over heaps of sticks and flinging shit at each other.

Why the self hate, colgate?

>Roman Empire
>Germanics conquer it and thus inherit it
>Anglos are germanic
>The UK is the heir to the Roman Empire
>America rebels from UK, preserving Athenian ideals of Democracy and the Roman Republic and thus proving more legitimate
>America is the true heir of Rome

>Anglos are germanic

not really, the bulk of them is Celtic

Lol what are you on shithead? I just explained you why the term is extremely vague and can't describe anything and the description would be even more off since finnic hunter gatherers in the Karelia and Tavastia area had been doing ironwork and trade. Also extensive archeological finds of boats and other things were found from approximately the timeframe of 3k BC. So Deacon practically didn't confirm anything. The finnic hunter gatheres at the time of Chalemagne were as organized and developed as the tribes proto-norse to south of Västerbotten. Your knowledge of history and perpertuartion of it seems extremely lacking and biased without any extensive research or basis.
I suggest you read on the subject before in your blind hatred start spewing more idotic bs out of your ass

That you are wrong. I already explained it to you. Phinnoi, Fenni, Scritofenni = "fen" means "finder" it's a germanic exonym, and it means that your forefathers were the hunter-gatherers described by Tacitus (who btw made an abridged version of the now lost work of Titus Livius, the most respected historian of Rome).

In case you're deaf:
FINLAND == LAND OF THE FENNI

THE SAME WORTHLESS SHIT-SMEARED HUNTER-GATHERERS OBSERVED BY PLINY THE YOUNGER, BY TITUS LIVIUS AND BY PAUL THE DEACON

Historical references to Northern Europe are scarce, and the names given to its peoples and geographic regions are obscure; therefore, the etymologies of the names are questionable. Such names as Fenni, Phinnoi, Finnum, and Skrithfinni / Scridefinnum appear in a few written texts starting from about two millennia ago in association with peoples located in a northern part of Europe, but the real meaning of these terms is debatable.

is debatable.

is debatable.
is debatable.
is debatable.
is debatable.
is debatable.

truly neck yourself. You're arguing about semantics and vague implications.

Also what comes to this we wuz shit. You were as bloody barbarian as was my ancestor. There is no relevancy to argue who was the most barbaric.

The first known written appearance of the name Finland is thought to be on three rune-stones. Two were found in the Swedish province of Uppland and have the inscription finlonti (U 582). The third was found in Gotland, in the Baltic Sea. It has the inscription finlandi (G 319) and dates from the 13th century.[23] The name can be assumed to be related to the tribe name Finns, which is mentioned first known time AD 98 (disputed meaning).

The roman given name has no meaning to this day and it's true meaning came from Norse (surprise surprise) I'm really done arguing about this. I don't what kicks do you get form being an illitirate idiot but whatever.

caesar coming through

>is debatable.
no

You WANT it to be debatable, BECAUSE YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE by the role antique history has dished out for you.

THe roman given name does have a meaning, I already explained it to you.

Basically these are all Germanic exonyms, and Germanics used 3 exonyms for 3 different kind of neighbours

1 Waal meaning stranger, variants "Ga(u)l" (Wales, Wallonia, Gaul, Galicia, Galatasaray...), this was specifically used for Celtic and later Gallo-Roman strangers.

2 Wend meaning "wanderer" (note that the english word still has the same root), this was used for the semi-nomadic proto-Slavic peoples living in the East. Tacitus and others stated that they liked to travel large distances on foot. They were very influenced by the nomadic Sarmatians. Hence the large parts of Eastern Europe they colonised in no time. Romans latisined this as "Venedi". The root is still used in the FINNish and Estonian word for Russia (Venemaa), maybe even in the name SloVENia.

3 Finn meaning "finder" or hunter-gatherer, used for the hunter-gatherer tribes of Scandinavia and North-Eastern Europe. Used since at least 3rd century BC (Phinnoi) through history until the middle ages. Ancient Finns were hunter-gatherers until a very late age, that is an established fact. Ergo= Finns are Finns, "finders", Phinnoi, Fenni. Fennia is the old Latin name for Finland.

/debate

>truly neck yourself

When I die, I will put above text on my gravestone as an obituary.

As the last kingdom in Europe with all its native inhabitants being of direct Frankish descend, it is obvious to all good people that Belgium is the legitimate heir to the Roman imperial monarch title.

so you're actually proud of being a cuck

>his country was part of any empire

>his country was ruled by danes for over 400 years