Any ex alcoholics/weed smokers (I always do one with the other) give advice on what to do when quitting...

Any ex alcoholics/weed smokers (I always do one with the other) give advice on what to do when quitting ? I'm finding nothing fun at the moment, only been stopped a week.

Don't drink or smoke.

i drink and smoke and am on a cocktail of anti-deppresants and anti-psychotics ask me anything

I kindof want people who know how to stop, finding nothing fun atm wondering if this will pass/how long.

You only need to understand one thing.

don't drink, and don't smoke.

That's all you have to do.

I always let the bitch jump

Do you do neither ?

When I quit drinking and smoking, all I did was stop drinking and smoking.

That is legit all there is to do here, don't overthink it, don't substitute it, just don't drink, and don't smoke. It's not easy, but it's simple.

Had to quit drinking so went hard on weed. Had to quit weed for better job and didn't want to go back to drinking.

New rule is "if you can't get down get up". Drink lots of coffee, nodoz, sudafed, primatene. Stop after dinner. When it's time to crash you'll be able to sleep. Other than that stay busy, take showers, work out, try to finish projects.

Just admit you won't be very fun. Try to work on you.

Can't wait to smoke again but clearing your head has its upside.

find other shit to do. It's not like you quit one hobby and sit there like 'well I expected it to be fun now' you gotta find something else.

Im going through the same right now op, try to relax yourself because your mind will be a little messed up because of the drugs.
dont worry it will pass as soon as you find out what you are doing wrong, emotions are the fuel for your brain, try to break out of yourself and feel something because you may have forgotten how true feelings are like.

The hard part about quitting isn't that you're physically addicted. It's that your lifestyle, habits and relationships revolve around the substance.

This is why total abstinence is what AA/NA preach- you need to rebuild your hobbies, find new things to do on a week end and after work. You can't keep going to your favorite bar and trying to leave after one drink, it just won't work in the long term. I don't believe in a lot of the things the 12 steppers say, but this is the one that they have right (for the wrong reasons, though).

You're not going to succeed the first time. Not the second time, not the third time. Take it one day at a time, you're going to relapse sooner or later. Take these intervals of sobriety to build up things that you enjoy so that eventually during one of these breaks you will be able to not be bored.

Personally, I picked up reading, gardening (on my balcony at least), brewing hot sauces, building robots, contributing to several open source projects, volunteering for a youth homeless charity, taking walks through the touristy parts of the city, collecting art, and taking the guitar seriously for a change (actually got a band together).

I didn't do any of these things, or at least I didn't contribute any real time into any of these things when I was drinking heavily.

I still drink, I'm still a high functioning alcoholic, but I'm getting slightly more ready for the day when I'm prepared to put it behind me, one week sober at a time.

I'm a student and smoke weed and drink alcohol the same time. I quit weed cold turkey really easy without to many issues, I do smoke cigarettes which makes it probably easy. As for the rest, occupy yourself. I'm studying for my finals so get your priorities straight, if you're busy improving yourself why drink and smoke ? Get your shit done and drink & smoke as a reward. Repeat process

Remember your body and your brain are influencing each other, so if your body feels bad you feel bad, you have to get healthy again

>You're not going to succeed the first time. Not the second time, not the third time.

Ignore this retard. Just listen to what I told you originally. Don't drink, don't smoke.

I guarantee that you're under 25.

No, I'm 31, and when I quit drinking and smoking, I just stopped drinking and smoking.

This is the only way you can quit, by not doing it.

Stop being a misleading cunt.

I guess I just got a new job which will require a lot more thought, hence trying to quit. I seem to be sweating like a mofo atm though, hope that passes.

The hard part is not stopping drinking and smoking. The hard part is not starting again in 3 weeks or 3 months.

To put it in words you might understand, you sound like a toddler telling people how to run a marathon. "You just run!!"

I seem to be desperate to drink/smoke one min and fine with it the other.

Stop over thinking it.

It's not easy, but it's simple as fuck.

Just don't drink, and don't smoke.

That's the only way you can beat it, by not doing it.

yea this is part of it, seen as im here on the PC, cant game without being under the influence, thinking of dusting off the bike and just going somewhere.

Find something to do other than talking online about whatever you're trying not to do.

Maybe get out of the house and explore your city, there's always some shit that normal people do that you haven't done in years.

It sure does passes, if I stop my habit of drinking and smoking but have nothing to do in my life for the rest,then nothing seems fun and I really don't find any purpose for the day and get really bored with anything. Your job is a reason to improve yourself, get good at it and make good money. If you want to detox quicker, go to a sauna or something you'll feel very fresh after the sweating. Protip: the longer you can quit, the better you'll feel.