My school constantly brings up feminism and the wage gap. What does Sup Forums think about these subjects?

My school constantly brings up feminism and the wage gap. What does Sup Forums think about these subjects?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=58arQIr882w
youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/14/on-equal-pay-day-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-gender-pay-gap/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because they will bitch 'til they get what they want.

I support both.

Feminism is cancer and the wage gap doesn't exist.

Ya, and? You didn't say shit and you're shit. Coward.

here's the thing that they never say in public. The mainstream of feminism is radical as FUCK. It'd be fine if they just supported gender equality, but that's not the case. Academic gender studies classes literally prescribe tumblr blog posts advocating for communism as readings.

I'm not exaggerating. It's fucking obscene.

If women cost less, why wouldn't companies just hire a bunch of women?

Exactly

Any wage gap is mostly due to the differences in experience women have because they generally drop out of the workforce for a little while to raise kids when and where they can.
In societal niches where that doesn't happen (or hasn't happened yet, aka sub-30 adults), the wage gap not only doesn't exist, but women earn an average of 4% more than men for the exact same job.

Call a bomb threat into the school.

In the future, this time will likely be viewed the same way we look at 60s/70s feminism (bra burning and the like)
just a bunch of pissed off women with the right idea and shit execution

If a male and a female with the same responsibilities produced the same volumes of work EQUALLY then equal pay, if one has less throughput then less pay. Simple stuff.

The wage gap is a myth.

It's often cited as being 21-23%. This number is determined by taking all the money earned by women in the US, and dividing it by all the working women in the US. Then doing the same with men and comparing it.

It doesn't take into account hours worked, experience, job title, danger level of job, etc.

When you control for such factors, the wage gap is only 3-5%.

I'll refer you to this video, which does a very good job explaining it (by a woman nonetheless).

youtube.com/watch?v=58arQIr882w

/thread.

Kek

So the wage gap does exist. Even if it's only 3-5%, which I don't necessarily believe, it still adds up over time

Wage gap is exitstant but not for the wrong reasons. Woman tend to go into more humanitarian professions which usually pay less then the male dominated professions such as engineering. Females get paid for the same job as any male

Intelligence is a direct positive correlation with the number of neurons in the human brain.

The number of neurons is a direct positive correlation with cranial capacity.

Men have significantly larger cranial capacity than women.

Women have smaller pay, because they have smaller heads.

youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM

/thread

The 3-5% can be explained by most women's lack of negotiating their pay.

The wage gap does exist, though it is narrowing. Here is actual reliable statistical evidence, conducted by the Pew Research Center:

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/14/on-equal-pay-day-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-gender-pay-gap/

>Complains about wage gap
>Chooses to study women studies instead of an actual career that will pay her well
Gee, I wonder why women "get paid less" than men.

We have to examine **why** there's a wage gap before going any further. The income differentials between men and women can be explained by occupational choice and number of hours worked.

So the next question becomes, "Why do women work less?"

Primarily because they are expected to raise a family. Why do they have more parental expectations? 1. They more than likely receive maternity leave whereas their romantic partner does not. 2. Historical gender norms are still alive in America today.

How do we solve this? We need to end the perception of women being a child's primary caregivers and expand the role men play as parents. This can be accomplished by expanding paternity leave and changing how we view men outside of the workspace.

But no one talks about this. They want to bitch about how companies discriminate against women. What poppycock.

Like they are already doing for menial bullshit? And even then women still complain.