Why do a lot of Americans feel proud of this flag?

Why do a lot of Americans feel proud of this flag?

Other urls found in this thread:

history.com/topics/american-civil-war/black-civil-war-soldiers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

To bad ones a battle flag the other is the actual flag of a self hating jew baits weak bud

Ethnic Jews are actually evil though and have control over large portions of western society.

Because we're dumb

The Confederates just wanted to be left alone.
The Nazis wanted to create a better world.

This is the darkest timeline.

not even the right fucking flag. That's either the confederate naval jack or it's the army of north Virginia.
Because white trash is idiots is why. that's why that's flown.

The north fucking wrecked the south with their scorched earth shit. It's not black and white. Defending a way of life, however despicable isn't morally equivalent to attempting genocide, and is much less deliberate.

we still hold a grudge about the war and the destruction of the south.

>1860s
>be farmer
>be in fuck all nowhere western North Carolina
>don't give two shits about the niggers there are no niggers in western North Carolina
>here comes assholes in blue
>get farm burnt down
>fucking Yankees

>implying the holocaust happened
I think there are better alternatives than genocide for ridding your country of undesirables, but at least if it had happened the Jews wouldn't bitch about it all the fucking time.

Because it shows we aren't keen to bring pushed around
You can't try to impress us but we will always have the rebel spirit waiting to burst out and kick ass

Don't forget the part where you got your ass kicked by crippling strategic attrition.

>rebel spirit
>religiously follow Faux News master in destroying own way of life

choose one

>Faux News
Fox News is probably the most objective major News network on American TV. That's not saying much though.

And remember we kicked you yanks ass too
It won't go as easy as you expect this time around you gunless pussies

How are these comparable?

One is a separatist nation that refused to industrialize and suffered the consequences due to it.

The other was a massively industrial empire that conquered almost all of Europe before failing after 6 years and being at war with 97 nations.

Is it the Nationalism..?

Because they have a lot of patriotism but no fucking clue what it stands for -- basically they are idiots.

Holy shit, you're so fucking wrong
Not American, but I know my fucking flags.
1. The Dixie-flag was NEVER an official flag during the war. It was a battle-flag, sewn by the wives of the soldiers.
2. There were PROUD, BLACK men carrying that flag. The American civil war were never just "slavery vs. no slavery", the entire-slavery thing was a MINOR point. In fact, most white americans didn't even care.
3. That flag in itself has no racist meaning. It's symbols.
1. Red, White and Blue. The colours of freedom.
2. The 11 stars, representing the 11 southern states.
3. The cross, representing Christianity.
I wonder where the FUCK you are able to see racism and ignorance in that.
You could argue that the flag has changed meaning the past 60-years, but it's THE PEOPLE that are racist. NOT the flag. By raising that flag, it does not mean you are racist. It does not mean you support slavery. It does not say anything about you.
The only thing that flag means, is what it means to individuals. Now, if you are a cuck who wants to see that flag as something bad, it says more about you as a person.
Go drive off of a cliff.

>faux news
Go back to watching the tyt faggot

Because even though a war started that spilt the country in two, it shows that, we as Americans are not afraid to fight and die to protect what we believe from an aggressor. Foreign or Domestic, at least thats why I'm proud of the flag.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

faggot

indeed it is. i always trust fox for all my news. nothing but fox. i live in my fox news bubble. its very objective. fair and balanced, just like they say. i love fox news.

>>>/global/rules/2

You need to educate yourself on what the Nazi party was.

>implying all news aren't just shoving their opinion down your throat
At least fox doesn't pretend they are objective
The present the media from a right wing perspective and you know what you are getting

>y-you just get all your infermation from fox news!
Globalist neocon garbage that would break my sound system from the fucking (((echoes))) if I had it on for too long.

Still killed more than both combined and wasn’t racist.

>right wing
Cuckservatives are hardly right wing dude

It was the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia to be exact. The actual confederate flag was originally the Stars and Bars, and was changed twice. Also, blacks may have carried the flag but there were never any black soldiers.

its the rebel flag and its the battle flag of the south
and i am proud of that flag

>you will never live in a world where the Axis won
Just end my life fam

flags by themselves are "moral" at all, they are just symbols

the REASONS that people fly the flags are what are moral, and the reasons that people fly flags (or associate with any kind of symbol in general) are many

so its entirely possible to fly the confederate flag in a moral way (or the nazi flag for that matter) because it depends completely on the INTENTIONS of the action

Freeing the slaves was a major, MAJOR part of why the North was able to mobilize such large numbers of men. That and the draft LOL. Saying slavery wasn't a driving factor on the southern side is one thing, but it was a HUGE (YUGE) factor for the North.

The word swastika comes from the Sanskrit svastika, which means “good fortune” or “well-being." The motif (a hooked cross) appears to have first been used in Neolithic Eurasia, perhaps representing the movement of the sun through the sky. To this day it is a sacred symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Odinism.

I watch Fox News because it's actually entertaining to watch.

>It was the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia to be exact. The actual confederate flag was originally the Stars and Bars, and was changed twice.

Doesn't matter what it WAS, what it IS NOW is just a symbol of nigger hate carried by buck toothed hillbillies who fuck their brothers up the ass.

Fucking idiot the war was entirely about slavery Lincoln was just too much of a pussy to admit it. Look at literally ANY of the secession documents. Every fucking one cites slavery as a cause. Also why would the CSA ever allow a nigger to carry their flag unless he was a slave and being forced to (protip: never would happen cause carrying the flag is a symbol of honor). You're a fucking Lost Causer and a revisionist of history. You're no better than a kike.

its racist when you make it racist

Wrong wrong wrong.
Go re-read their articles from when they formed. It was because slavery was not going to be allowed to flourish. If you're really that ignorant I got nothing to help you except to tell you to read the actual documents that still exist.

1. there were two flags btw, one was square and the other was the traditional long one. The square one was the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.
2. not true at all. good try though. read the actual history behind John Brown. He was not crazy. The south WAS scared of an uprising because the slaves WERE treated like shit.
3. It is symbology for those that were for slavery and oppression of other humans.
1. The swastika was good before the Nazis. Not so much now.
2. you can count, nice! Did you know that not everyone agreed which is why there were pockets of loyal anti-slavery folks in most of the southern states?
3. Lovely. Religion has made it a point to divide and sew hatred and pain and death. Look up when the last execution for the Spanish Inquisition was (that is the church ordering someone to be put to death). Hint: 19th century, same as the civil war.

Go read primary sources next time pal.

get back on Reddit where you belong

because you are retarded.

It was only ever the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia, the South's best army but only one army. The South's actual flag was the Stars and Bars

Correct here. Judah P Benjamin had mentioned this as something that should have been done, but was shot down for that. Judah was a jew btw. Odd huh.

That guy is a fucking retard, probably a Lost Causer or brainwashed by them

It's not a symbol of nigger hate, the niggers just chimped out over it because "it's the current year!"

1. It may not have been the official flag of the Confederacy, but it was used by an army who was on the side of keeping slaves.

2. It wasn't minor. Read the official Declaration of Causes of Seceding States. Slavery is mentioned time and time again as the reason.

3. Nothing has any meaning in itself. Words are just noise coming from your mouth. Society has to come to some agreement on what shit means at some point. To say the flag, used by an army fighting for the side that wanted to keep slaves, shouldn't be associated with racism is absurd.

Stop reading The Blaze or Infowars, and do your own research.

The fuck you think you are nigger.

Brava buddy, brava

waiting for someone to mention the Declaration of Seceding States

No matter what there will be people who try to go against the mainstream. And although it may be frowned upon our government allows people to adorn and align themselves with symbols contrary to them.

That being said I would also like to say two more things. I personally would never boast publicly the confederate flag and every flag has some sort of blood on it.

That flag you show is the battle flag of the confederacy. The reason I most hear for people having this flag is that they are proud of their heritage. They have family who fought and maybe also died for a cause they truly believed in. The thing about flags is that they are symbols that have different meaning to different groups and individuals. Wear an I love Isreal shirt and a Jewish man will smile at you but at the same time you might get some frowns from some Palestinians.

It's not all that surprising if you think about it. Jews destroy every society they live in. The Confederacy was already well on its way out but how would it have looked if they started having niggers in their army? If they somehow pulled a victory out of their ass the nigs definitely would not go back into slavery quietly. In addition, letting niggers into the army would basically be saying that niggers were equal to whites, something that the South still doesn't say today.

However, Jefferson Davis actually did sign a bill into law in March 1865 to let niggers in. The war was over before any nigger became an actual southern soldier, though.

A lot of southerners, and mind you among them there are blacks, wave the confederate battle flag because the North completely screwed the South over during the war. Know why the majority of the South has shit infrastructure and no old colonial-style houses or buildings? Because the North did that. Know why so many Southerners were impoverished and why there was constant in-fighting? Because the North destroyed and pillaged Southern property and forms of wealth. The South got fucked. Hard. In those days it was the States who controlled a lot of internal policies, not the federal government, and when they saw production and economic stability cropping up in the South they decided that the best way to continue exploiting poor southerners was to destroy their means of production even further. Now the Rustbelt is suffering, and good riddance. I'm not arguing for Southern independence, that's one of the most idiotic things you could think of, but Northerners shouldn't feel so high-and-mighty about what they did. They destroyed peoples lives behind a veil of helping slaves, and they helped created the increased racial tension. It's a fucking travesty.

The secession was about maintaining slavery.
The civil war was about maintaining the union.
Ending slavery was only a tactic.

Are you dense? There were even black highly ranked officers!
history.com/topics/american-civil-war/black-civil-war-soldiers

Sources, boys, sources.

1. I didn't know about the second flag, actually
2. read link plox
3. Nope, wrong. As stated earlier, it was never an official flag until a few decades ago.
1. It's not the same swastika the hindu's use. And they still use it. Your argument is invalid.
2. Of course I can. Could you use different words? I didn't fully understand that one.
3. People will always take religion to extreme measures. Look at Islamic terrorism today. Does that mean nobody should be muslim? Or even proud to be muslim?

Well I here by claim nigger to mean hello

Saying Fox News is the most objective news network on tv in the U.S. is just like saying that the tiger shit at the zoo smells the best.

Sure, you might be right, but that doesn't mean anything because it's still shit.

there are many darkies I know who are proud of the rebel flag, the reason for the session wasn't the slaves, but the principal that they represented. The confederacy felt that the confiscation of the slaves was a violation of state's rights to choose whether to have them or not. They wanted to secede in part due to slaves and in part due to their fear of growing federal power.

Seconded!

Congratulations! You have reading comprehension.
Or maybe you don't because you felt the need to point out what I said in my post.

Yeah yeah, textbooks and teachers will tell you that. It was more about emerging Southern industries threatening the bank-rollers of the North. The Confederacy wasn't perfect by any means but the Union saw that it would eventually find itself sustainable and growing. Slavery was a guise by Abraham Lincoln, a damn smart one, but it was never the main issue. At least not to the majority of politicians and wealthy northerners.

well nigger to you

How is it bait?

ya retard that is what he just said

Also from WNC. This.

The 54th Massachusetts was part of the Union, which allowed black soldiers. I was talking about the Confederacy, which did not. Also the first guy mentioned how mobilizing freed slaves helped the North win the war (Ya know like the 54th Mass that you fucking mentioned, even though they lost their biggest battle) and the second guy literally mentions the secession documents, which all literally say that they were seceding about slavery.

Nigger my good friend!

>"Wahhhhh the North ruined the South"
>during a war
>freeing the slaves
>"Waaaaah they wanted to take advantage of us economically"
>coming from slave holders

the irony is thick here

my favorite thing is when I saw an artical complaining about there never being a black person in the The Andy Griffith Show, THERE WERE NO BLACK PEOPLE IN WESTERN NC AND THERE STILL ARE NONE

You know Lincoln thought slaves were subhuman, right? The Civil War was an economic war. You can't have literally around half your country secede and expect to keep things functioning well. Try thinking about WHY things happen.

there were slaves in the north too ya retard

The Confederate battle flag represents rebellion, prowess, and the rebel spirit of America, it deserves as much respect as does the Stars and Stripes.

they freed the slaves but they wrecked the southern states, the freed slaves were left with nothing.

Great argument. You totally don't look like a retard who thinks CNN and MSNBC are great sources of information or anything.

Well what's the North supposed to do, just leave all those resources for the South to have? It's a fucking war. Go back to Canada, Trudeau

you do understand that sharecropping was implemented by north after the war, fucking many blacks and whites in the process.
the only thing that sharecropping successfully did was trap former slaves and poor whites in a circle of debt

This guy ^^

The Emancipation Proclamation only freed the slaves in the South.

Lincoln freed the slaves because Canada was about to sign a treaty with the Confederacy, and he needed to demonize them to prevent it.

This tbh. My family was one of the most wealthy and influential families in Caswell, Alamance, and Guilford County before the Civil War. When the war came most of the men died, the estate house was burned to the ground, and the farms pillaged and destroyed.

I could be old money right now. Instead, I'm a second-generation college student who has to deal with yuppies from Connecticut and Massachusetts invading damn near every college in the state. Fuck the Union.

You're a troll. I'm not going to argue with you, just point and laugh.

this, it's only shit on because it's right wing. shit like CNN never gets any flak despite them being far more biased

Retard alert. The federal government was not confiscating slaves at that time, and only started confiscating them during the war once they realized that the south was using the niggers as part of their war machine (digging trenches, carrying shit, etc)

someone's feelings are hurt

Have you ever read the Secession Documents?

Actually the only one trolling here is the person who refuses to defend themselves. By saying my post is a troll, you are implying it's wrong. If my post is wrong, that implies you think Fox is worse than networks like CNN and MSNBC. You know you can't back that argument up though, because you're probably thinking "All news is bad" as a retort to that, not that you could back that up either, because you're avoiding and argument you know you don't have enough information to even participate in. Why would you do that?

It's Neo-con. That's not a good thing.

If the North just wanted to reunite the country and free slaves like they preach they did, then they wouldn't have fucked over the majority of people living in the Southern states. Yeah they were in "rebellion" (depending on your point of view, other countries acknowledged their sovereignty) but you don't go fucking up every little thing the South has. Northerners are now moving to the South in droves because it's finally catching up and they've already ruined their parts of the country.

that not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the fact that the north implemented share cropping. which encircled the children of former slaves and poor whites in debt for generations. the only thing the north did was change the master

No, it doesn't. The Army of Northern Virginia was anally raped by Ulysses S. Grant on multiple occasions. That same army also allowed Richmond to fall. The flag is nice and all but the Stars and Stripes have never fallen

Because the flag represents the South. Just like the swastika initially represented good fortune Up to until some cunt ruined it with their shit. Doesn't mean the initial meaning is false or loses it's value in history.

I get that you want to be offended and shit, but you're going to need a different argument.

>implying that any of them are

>implying sharecropping = chattel slavery