there are KIDS right here right now who literally didnt witness the best era for football

> there are KIDS right here right now who literally didnt witness the best era for football

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KPzHdUzObOE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wow, really makes me think

puchica, de veras estoy pensando much0

How can it be the best era if the best player ever didn't play in it?

>have era where best 2 to 9 play together
>have era with GOAT
>trying to tell me that the first era isnt the GOAT era

no but i witnessed the peak of human capability

>you will never watch that time period where Batistuta, Baggio, Van Basten, Romario, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Beckham, Zidane, and Redondo all played at the same time

what do we get besides Messi?
ibra? ronaldo? neymar? suarez? torres? rooney?
man, take me to the 90s

yeah i saw romário and bebeto it was pretty cool indeed

I saw the decline of Ronaldo.
I will never foget the game where he was standing in his circle of 10qm doing shit.
Zidanes headbutt was also world class banter.
Beckham however was always overrated.

>tfw I was born in the 70's
>tfw I saw Pele play on the Cosmos
>tfw I've seen every World Cup since ticker-tape-1978
get on my level

None of them played at the same level as Messi and Tsu, not even Ronaldo.

This right here? This is bait.

get outta here grandpa

Beckham is underrated cause of his brand. Dude was Man Utd second best player after Keane in the 99 treble season.

Giggs and Scholes were not better than Beckham from 98-02.

hell, I'd settle for the mid 00s

How many World Cups did Messi win?

>bragging about watching Pele way past his prime play for a retirement check
hope youre realizing how stupid this is

low quality bait tbqh

feels bad man
90s Serie A was the GOAT league out there
what happened?

>Born in 1990
>Be 8 for La Coupe du Monde 98
>Be 10 for L'Euro 2000

Casual pls

>putting redondo in the same sentence as zidane

Implying I gave a shit about football and didn't fall prey to drugs and rock 'n roll during my teenage years

>Be 12 for le grand et épique échec in 2002
>Be 14 for le grand échec in 2004
>Be 16 for le grand cuckold in 2006
>Be 18 for le grand et épique échec in 2008
>Be 20 for le grand et épique échec in 2010
>Be 22 for le grand échec in 2012
>Be 24 for le grand échec in 2014
>Be 26 for le grand ??? in 2016
(forgot the pic and I wanted to make le post plus française)

you didn't witnessed shit faggot, there was barely any european transmision (RAI) in the 90s in argentina only highlights and internet was shit.

Giñac pls go

shut up ... the best team ever

I've seen the best, I can die happy

But nobody watches ronaldo at his peak besides hues and barca fans, once he went to italy he had injuries and wasn't as good

>beckham

Pagani pls

do you know ESPN was already a thing back then and they had the rights for Serie A and Premier League?
fucking millenials

me acuerdo que en la libertadores del 2012 ese tipo literalmente caminaba por la cancha y aun así era un jugadorazo

Witnessed more tournaments won by Chile than tournaments won by Argentina

In his first season at Inter he was fucking amazing.

And in England we had Football Italia on Channel 4. Shit was based.

>tfw I'm actually a Tigres fan

>ESPN

oh yes then I too witnessed that great era! I remember watching a fiorentina or inter game once every two or three weeks!

i dont know if i was poor or my parents played some meme tricks on me but I remember at night after a certain time the TV would just show grey static like there was no antenna reception.

90's Serie A was probably the greatest concentration of football talent ever assembled. Just looking at team lineups from those ears makes you realize how far back we've fallen in the past decades.

Fuck, at one point Inter's attack was made up of Ronaldo, Baggio, Vieri, Recoba and Zamorano.

The best era was 2-3 years ago with prime Messi, Iniesta and Ronaldo

DELET THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=KPzHdUzObOE

Good times

I think the main difference between then and now is that back then there were more entertainers and leaders. I blame the ever increasing pussification of males in society for the latter.

Fuck. Why are Americans so fucking dumb?

this is the correct answer, the only one left is Zlatan.

Didn't this guy fuck some trannies? LOL

No. But people only read headlines so everyone thinks he did.

>ibrahimovic
>a leader
making an autistic comment about himself in 3rd person to promote his #daretozlatan brand is not leadership

I remember beatin my dick on 90' Seria A

Ibra, C.Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez, Torres, Rooney, Bale, Eto'o, Sneijder, Xavi, Muller, Neuer, Iniesta, Villa, Buffon, Pirlo, Chiellini, V.Persie, Robben, Busquets, V. Der Sar, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Forlán, Mascherano, Drogba, Modric.

Nostagia makes us think those players were better (they were more entertaining tho), but this era is great too.

>Ibra

I agree with the general sentiment of your post but you couldn't have been off to a worse start if you tried.

t. absolute fucking retard

Salvadoreño.

>No Hagi
>No Figo
>Missing Bergkamp
>Beckham over Scholes & Sheringham
>Where is the great wall of Schmeichel?

Come on step it up.

I started with the same names as

you-hou!

Another thing about nostalgia is that we remember eras as a whole and compare them to current individual years.

We remember late 90s as a whole and tend to group a large talent pool together while forgetting that we only saw a few of those players at their best at the same time.

You listed Eto'o and Suarez as players from the same era, right now it seems kind of dumb because Eto'o was already semi-retired by the time Suarez became fully established but in 2030 it will seem like all those players peaked almost at the same time.

It is suprising that the best era of football when the person claiming it was young

>Pele is the best footballer in the history of football
t. Baby boomer
>No, Maradona is da best
t. born in the 60s
>No, the REAL Ronaldo is the best ever
t. born in the 80s fuckhead

Anyhow today's soccer is not as big as it was in the late 90s early 00s, sure CR is a big star, but he's not Beckham big.

It's way bigger than it's ever been, just look at the rate at which the clubs increase their revenues. it's all a result of football gaining popularity.

nah, Beckham era was bigger, even my grandma knew who Beckham was.

tu m'as trop fait rire lol don t forget 1998 when we were the kings lol

>football was bigger back then because people knew this one particular player
Beckham being so popular wasn't a result of football being bigger, it was a result of Beckham being a marketing genius.

Today, more people are interested in football, more people call themselves fans of specific teams, more people watch football on TV, and more people pay money for football related merchandise.

well yeah, can you remember heavyweight boxing before or after Mike Tyson?

Tell me about Batigoal. Why did he stay loyal to Fiorentina?

money, then he went to Roma and won the serie A

How's that relevant? Boxing became quantifiably less popular, football has become quantifiably much more popular and is only gaining popularity each year

because you need big stars, with mass appeal, how are you gonna break in America without them?
CR looks like a mehican gangster.
IF you're not #1 in America then you're not #1 anywhere.

>how are you gonna break in America without them?
I don't know how but football is much bigger in the USA now that it's ever been (maybe with the small exception of the World Cup period in 1994).

Beckham being popular doesn't equal football being popular, a lot of people in North America and Asia knew who Beckham was but never watched a football game in their lives. We're talking about how popular a sport is, not how popular the biggest star is. And football as a sport is much more popular than it's ever been

>tfw loved football/ soccer as a kid
>was poor and only had shitty free to air tv
>would get hyped every week to tune in and see like a half an hour highlights show
>one of the only full live games I saw was the 2002 world cup