If aliens actually came to our planet, would they have the same religions as us?

If aliens actually came to our planet, would they have the same religions as us?
Would they crush religion, because they know more than us? (Obviously they would know more if they had the technology to travel to us)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1Cy9HeM8QQc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Having the technological ability to traverse space does not imply social development or even technological superiority. They could have awesome space ships and not know what bacteria are. They could be a race of extreme autists who can barely communicate. They could just not give a shit about the universe's origin. No matter what, they surely will be nothing like anything we've imagined or will imagine.

They'd probably just have their own thoughts about the matter.
I'd imagine our religions would appear kinda silly, They would be respectful of them, but then go back and laugh about it later with their Alien homies.

>> Don't talk to me or my son ever again

What is the aliens that came here were Islamic?

They wouldn't think we are a threat to the universe?

We are constantly at war with ourselves, and it doesn't take much to make the average human angry. Wouldn't we seem like a threat to them?

youtu.be/1Cy9HeM8QQc

This is the future.

Kek

Gay niggers in space?

Catholics would get upset and launch Space Crusades.
Which sounds Awesome.

What's the worst we can do currently? Nuke Ourselves? Destroy the Planet, or at best the Milky-Way Galaxy?
Nah we ain't Shit.

They'd probably keep an eye on us, but I dont see us being in active war with aliens at least until we can cause some actual harm to neighboring Galaxies.
Andromeda's the first to go, fuck that shitty Galaxy.

For real, the absolute worst we can do is destroy our own planet. MAYBE nuke some terribly inconsequential nearby ones, but in the grand scheme of things Venus or Mars aren't going to be affected much at all by a nuke or two.

What about when we run out of resources and have to take resources from other planets?

Then we'll either die out because we don't have the tech or we'll figure it out. Even then we'll be pulling almost exclusively from our completely inconsequential nearby planets in our own solar system.

Anyway I highly doubt humanity will outlast the earth's resources.

I think what user means is that the aliens will never be able to let us be involved in their communities, that we are more of a barbaric species rather than an advancing species.
Would it not make sense to just take out humans in order to prevent us from becoming space traveling Hitlers?

What do you think will happen to humanity

But why bother? Maybe if we actually had decent space travel abilities, but in our current state there would be no point in destroying us.

We'll probably destroy ourselves long before we make the earth unlivable. If not, once we even start toward running out of resources there's going to be a huge market in making sure it doesn't happen.

Capitalism ensures that humanity will either die or survive by its own hand.

Because we are problematic. It makes perfect sense why we would be destroyed, we will advance to planetary travel sooner than you think. And when we do we will probably fuck shit up like we always do.

>If aliens actually came to our planet, would they have the same religions as us?

yeah sure they'll surely dig a book like qoran/old-new testament that only speaks of a cancer region of a small planet in this galaxy

>problematic
That word has been forever ruined for me by Tumblrinas.

Eh. I kinda doubt it. And I'm sure that if these aliens are so advanced they can deal with us if it's ever necessary. Until then I doubt they're nearly as warlike as we are, and so will ignore us.

Personally, I know that wouldn't.
But a lot of people argue that aliens would still be Christiansvor whatever bullshit. Makes no fucking sense

There's already an idea to grab a asteroid because it's estimated to contain trillions of dollars of precious metals. 2011-UW158.

If anything It'd be like how more advanced countries treated indigenous tribes on our own planet. Colonists to the American Indians, Etc.

Depends on their social structure. If they're some hive minded super communists, no. If they were individualistic then yes. Where intellect is high and individualism is encouraged, philosophy rises. With philosophy comes the ability to question religion in both positive and negative ways.

They don't have to be war hungry, though. Just need to be protective of the universe m8. Protection means elimating the negating forces.

This.

Based post