Whats the deal with betas and their fascination for anime and katanas etc...

Whats the deal with betas and their fascination for anime and katanas etc? is it just because they think the old samurai shit is cool or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BCkT1NAJoaI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the same reason you ware branded clothing, to get some sort of status

they are monkies just like you, you are probably a sportsfan, and you like to watch other men sport.

so you "normals" are gay and fake

and those betas are gay and fake

fuck you all

i always assumed they watched old samurai movies and shit but i guess it's just some faggot anime thing

they've never even seen throne of blood or sword of doom

katanas are cool, and weeby, sports are cool, and faggy, and your a self concious neckbeard
>kys

u mad

Fuck you nigger, being a samurai sounds boss.

>Not living in a cute little cottage in a comfy mountain village

>not spending your mornings painting nature themed murals on the walls of your house

>not spending your afternoons whacking your samurai buddies upside the head with 4-foot pieces of bamboo

>not spending your evenings sipping tea and writing poetry about warfare and loyalty

>not passionately fucking an almond-eyed qt the night before you march to war

>not riding into GRORIOUS BATTUR alongside afore-mentioned samurai buddies

>not mowing your way through acres of filthy peasants with your family's ancestral sword

>not offering your worthy opponent sincere congratulations when he hands you your own ass.

>not contentedly strolling to a small forest clearing where you can watch the sunset

>not spending the next several hours meditating on the meaning of honor and discipline, accompanied only by the majesty of gods creation

>not attempting to write a poem only to give up halfway through when you realize there are only so many ways you can use flowers in bloom as a metaphor for death

>not pulling an 18-inch fish knife from your pocket

>not screaming at the top of your lungs,thus emptying them and allowing you to disembowel your self more efficiently

>not declining a 'second' so you can watch the sun set as you slowly bleed to death

>not exhaling for the last time as the sun slips below the horizon

>not feeling immense satisfaction as you realize your entire life has been a work of art, a worthy addition to a historical and cultural tradition that stretches back to antiquity and will inspire generations to come.

SAMURAI - most assuredly not gay.

>this autism

damn fuck you two

>this butthurt

IDK man I've been watching a lot of old Kurosawa films lately, gets into you head after a while I guess.

Anime can be awesome but yeah...
It's called 8th grade syndrome.
Look it up.

samurai are the most glorified soldiers in history. they are literally no better trained than the average knight and were nowhere near as well equipped. i mean the armor looks pretty cool i guess but outside of that they were just soldiers.

>SAMURAI - most assuredly not gay

every thing you posted is most assurdly VERY gay

I kek'd at GRORIOUS BATTUR tho

Status? From owning a sword? Do you even know what the word 'status' means?

>none of this is very true to history
>weeb detected

It's simple OP, they see sports and in shape guys as the enemy, how ever, all men wish to feel "manly" since they can't feel manly physically they get into swords and knives. Usually Katanas because they watch too much anime.

Though they are like the fat sports fan shouting at his team, they don't know the first thing about that team or what it's like to be in that team, see the post I mentioned above, zero knowledge of reality. They are too beta to Attend an actual sword school and all their knowledge of Japan comes from anime and sugar coated films.

As for clothes, like the sports fans, they dress a certaib way because A. What they consider their peers do, it is the uniform and B. They are trying to emulate their favourite what ever and they have a fucked idea of what is "cool", well dressed and " tough ", hence leather, fingerless gloves, flame and devil shirts etc. They have no real life references of what is cool that fit their archetype.

TLDR; pretty much autismos lacking social awareness or significant life experience.

Fucking right user!

Incredibly cringe-worthy tl;dr

what-the-fuck-ever, how many books and films about king Arthur and that fucking table of his HAVEN'T portrayed European knights as anything other than distilled awesome? But you move things over a few time zones and all of the sudden it's horse shit.

>watching grow men running in shorts for the sake of fun
>not gay
pick one

>basing reality on fantasy

A key indicator of autism

i fully agree with you. i dont remember claiming that european knights werent overglorified. im claiming that samurai are the most overglorified for what they were. many, many people think they are the greatest infantry of all time (pre modern war)

they didnt have time zones

why do trump autists wear that stupid hat

>you move things over a few time zones and all of the sudden it's horse shit

Satan has a point, WHY is stuff from japan so cringe-worthy in the first place? Is it the assossiation with sweaty neckbeards? What's the metric used for determing wether or not Japanese history and pop culture are any worse than the stuff from Europe/U.S.?

>>basing reality on fantasy
>A key indicator of autism
Not true.
Autistic kids have no fantasy life. Imagination, yes, but no sense of wonder. They are very grounded in the literal moment. There is no softening of reality for them.

Power fantasies.
They fantasise about what they lack.

GR8 B8 M8 I R8 8/8 NO H8.

badass bro fuck the haters

>ware
>>wear clothes

Back in edo era japan owning a sword was a sign of status.
Same in uk and most of europe. If you had a sword you usually had permission from the local nobles or whatever.

Because in the anime, the samurai is this anti-hero who's out for revenge and doesn't take any shit. It speaks volumes for someone who's not very sociable, not very lucky in love and who has most likely been bullied and has never stood up for themselves. It's a fantasy that really appeals to them.

It's this reason that even 8 years on, people are still dressing up as Ledger's Joker at every possible opportunity.

America was never great it's all just an illusion

where they live it might be socially acceptable. im not sure. if i saw someone wearing on here in california i would literally rape them

they just play too many asian themed games and like rogue type characters. for some reason they thik the combination of a fake sword, virginity and a fedora will make them the slickest people on earth.

Autism has nothing to do with it.
It's 8th grade syndrome.

That's a bit of a generalization. There's loads of different forms of autism, some more impairing than others

accurate

8/10
It was great before we arrived.

I always kek at these kids that own a cheap shit "katana" lookalike replica sword, holding it like some retarded anime superhero. If these blades were sharp they would cut off their fingers all the time.
That being said, real katanas are true pieces of art. I am not going to fall for this "hurrdurr they slice through metal so much bettar then european swords"-weeaboo crap, but I like their elegance. And sports like Kendo or Kenjutsu are really challenging, both mentally and physically. Not that these kids know shit about it anyway, I mean just look at them HOLDING these things... kek

>attempting to write a poem only to give up halfway through when you realize there are only so many ways you can use flowers in bloom as a metaphor for death

I laughed louder than I should have.

agreed, but as for the ledger thing, im pretty sure that has more to do with the fact that he straight up slayed that role. most people who dress up as him nowadays are liberal arts people and i think its more about the performance than the character with a sprinkle of nod to childhood DC fanboism

fact

dont blame americans. blame britain and spain. those slimey fucks practically forced us to come here and ruin everything

>betafag detected

Because weebs are loud annoying faggots that need to let everyone know about Japan. Their adoration and commitment is what is cringey not the content itself.

You're measuring autism by the level of cringiness someone has. That's not autism.
Read a fucking book and stop hating on autistic people 9/10 "autistic" people on Sup Forums aren't even autistic they just lame as fuck.
Also it his post was absolutely not a generalization. Every autistic person i've ever met has behaved the way he describes.

>not spending your mornings painting nature themed murals on the walls of your house

>not spending your afternoons whacking your samurai buddies upside the head with 4-foot pieces of bamboo

>not spending your evenings sipping tea and writing poetry about warfare and loyalty

That sounds comfy as hell tbh

Can only speak for european culture, but there owning a sword was pretty much a symbol for being an aristocrat during the middle ages and until the 18th century. Weapons in general symbolized that the owner was a member of a special group; maybe an aristocrat, but also mercenaries (being a merc was a true "profession" and some sort of a completely different society) and also local members of free cities. That's were the "Schützenfest" in germany comes from, actually.

>Update

Britain, spain and france.
America, mexico and canada.
But even after we won the revolt we went on fucking everyone on our continents up the ass with a pox ridden dick.

Katanas just have allure. If you don't know shit about how fighting works you tend to go by rule of cool, same reason why people hate smallswords cus they look flimsy, not a weapon a respectable hero would use.

this. I mean look at the fucking ESC, Germany had a weeaboo bitch there as a candidate... ultimate fail

>be real russian alfa Pyotr
>get in the store afret brutal fight with Mikhaail for pare bottles of bear
>give blood money
>BLOOD MONEY NOT ACCEPTED
>FUK U BEACHH
RUBMBLE
youtube.com/watch?v=BCkT1NAJoaI

I like anime, I also like katanas because they look exotic compared to european swords and besides, I dream of splitting a burglar in half with one of those.

Well, I say it's for the same reason. I think with the whole Joker thing it's more the desire to successfully cause chaos and burn down the society that's so often rejected them.

It may be different where you live but here it's always pathetic betas doing the Joker at halloween or whenever there's like a comic store convention/opening.

Go watch a fucking documentary on autism then.
Or read a book about it.
Or go to a professional.

>Being this accurate

Who the fucks going to steal from you?

reminds me on something.... european swords are still in working condition after you shatter a sword with it.... Katanas are like paper... the sword is nice to cut Things up.... but it bends when you try to cut a equal made sword.... or even a badly crafted one.

European swords are no realy known for their fine way of cutting (maybe some do) but they can hack at anything... and when such a sword hits a katana... the end would be a shattered katana and a dead Samurai or something.....

dude. what are you doing. You are holding this thing wrong. completely wrong. what... just stop

>go to a professional
The same "professionals" who tell confused kids that they're in the wrong body? No thanks.

i have no sympathy for anything thats ever happened in canada. the french did good for once

They see katanas in anime and history which is always super romanticized, so they immediately correlate them with being badass.
As for the trench coat and fedora, trench coats are generally associated with characters in things who are the "mysterious badass" type and the fedora can obscure the eyes if tilted down, which would give you that "mysterious" look.
Essentially they want to seem mysterious and cool, but because it's done very often and is always in a context where you'd just look like a jackass (shopping, walking around casually, etc.) It comes across as cringy, which it is.
Personally, I think fedoras are fine so long as you don't look like an edgy faggot, like actually going for the 1950's style of clothing for a cosplay or Halloween costume.
Trench coats gotta go though. They're just pointless.

tl;dr
>They wanna look edgy and cool because of the media they consume
>The same reason why people wear sports jerseys but to a ludicrous extreme

Europeans hack. Japs slice.

Stop your basement diagnosis' then.

tom brady rocks that shit

You're a /k/ommando, aren't you?

Shattering swords with any sword is a bad idea, it always damages them. Katanas are just more fragile because they are designed for a faster type of combat. They are designed to penetrate the weak points of a samurai armor, an armor that was always lighter then the counterpart of european knights. Its always difficult to compare completely different types of culture and warfare.

In the end, everyone has to bow down to a pistol.

See that's true and false at the same time, autist tend to take everything very literally and have poor "imaginations", but other autistic behaviours of THIS spectrum are obsessive behaviours (anime, vidya, one particular girl etc) , difficulty separating what is fantasy and what is reality, hence acting like anime characters and stuff, knowing what is appropriate behaviour (again acting like they do on TV, anime etc) and then, though they have poor imaginations in the sense of original or cognitive thoughts, tendencies to fantascise.

Maybe for canadians but the natives got fucked all over the americas.

Literary no one.
That's why I'm gonna have to lure a burglar into my house, maybe someone will try to rob me if I start bragging around the bar that I inherited lots of gold from a dead relative.

i know they did. i just dont feel bad for the ones living in the territory now known as canada.

True. But it also does the Job. And like said european weapons are not realy made for being fine and artistic on a battlefield.... they are created to hack and slash.... to maim and dismember.... and mostly to give the target a painfull remainder that weapons are unhealthy....

Man I had a fucking Indigenous Studies course and the teacher essentially white shamed the entire time. It was ridiculous, whole course was a crock of shit. There's a dumb fucking thing she did about fruit and vegetables in class.

You're wrong. That has nothing to do with autism. It's something else entirely.
Jesus fucking christ what's with all the bullshit speculation on what autism acually is?

quints confirm no mater what this user is correct

WINRAR

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN

all hail the quints

Ahh... true to that. I have seen a test which ended in a a slight dend of the sword.... will it break? Sure.... but it will take some People with it.... and then you can re-forge it.....

Katanas are more fragile bt that was what was needed in their area.....

Game changer where guns.... the end of the Samurais and Knights we know.... A marevelous Change in warfare when you look at the weapon Evolution and what came up to this very Point.

you are autistic, that is exactly what a Katana or any other Japanese sword is for. You think there is artistry on a Japanese battlefield?They don't often use katanas, Holy shit. Read some actual history dude.

tell me of this fruit and vegetable thing. that just sounds ridiculous at face value.
as for white shaming, shame dudes who committed genocide. i dont know what being white has to do with that. im white. ive killed precisely 0 native american peoples

Witnessed

>not offering your worthy opponent sincere congratulations when he hands you your own ass.

I JUST CUT YO ARM OFF NYUKKAH, CHOO TINK O DAT?

I GOTTA TELL YA FAM, DAS PURTY BAD-ASS, YOUS A REAL NIGGA.

>Stop your basement diagnosis' then.
>Does basement diagnosis'.

All I was saying there's different forms of autism, not just 1 autism and every person afflicted is exactly the same, as you were trying to put it.

lmao why is it always that stupid fucking hat

half these are "ironic" with the fedora meme

Well white people did do some pretty shameful stuff back then.
>Get given lands for free
>Get food when we starving
>Get clothes when we cold
>Repay favor with smalpox blankets and mass enslavement and genocide
We still owe billions in dollars to the natives throught the various treaties made with pocatello and other chiefs but they ain't getting shit.

Kek
>it'sTime.jpg

Would you prefer one of those baseball nigger hats instead? I wouldn't. I like to look classy.

>watch other men sport

Best Sword

I'm not trying to put it like that but you're saying someone who probably has some other form of mental issue like add/adhd or even egs is autistic when it plainy falls out of the definition for autism.

Hmm... you know the wording based on labeling someone do you? If not.... look it up.

Like any other soldier they sure use other weapons a well... so did the european sector.... and everyone else on battleields....

And i only aimed at the comparing on the sword Thing.... so no a real reason to throw around history.

how bout no hat, no trenchcoat/whatever that is.

Aspergers level will decrease by 75%

Betas like those things because they repell vaginas.

Oh Sup Forums, never change

Because its alpha as fuck.