What the fuck is it

What the fuck is it

So I was nosing around the shop at uni and I found this. I've got no clue what the fuck it is, its pneumatic, but I cant figure out what the fuck it does. Asked the teacher and he told me to try and figure it out, and he'd tell me if I got it right.

I've got a couple more pictures, will provide. Just curious if any of you know what it is, otherwise take your best guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Milton-1-2-Micro-Filter-In-Line-Water-Separator-for-Air-Compressor-Line-/261411687641
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Without the guard

It's a regulator.

Nother angle.

ALIEN WEAPON

It's a water separator.
Your holding it upside down.

cathode ray tube?

alien butt plug

Is there like a valve at the bottom? Looks like a water/oil filter.

everything is rigid, middle is like a shittily sintered cone of copper flakes. Theres a thing on the top with a spring in it but Im not sure what it's for.

Is it electro-mechanical?

It looks like it might go into a hydraulic circuit to collect condensation from the circuit.

Does it have a brand and serial number on it I would like to know any and all numbers and names on it.

I am German, at the moment do not know the correct ENlish word, but it is a water separator, needed in pneumatics, because delta pressure results in delta temperature which causes condensation of water vapour, which needs to be separated because it can cause corrosion of machinery
this is such a separator, the glass pot is meant to pouint down, like a cup, and the metal foam is to make sure no splashes are sucked back, also as a heat exchanger and high surface are condensor at which the water collects and driups down

yeah its a water separator like some other guy said already

Last picture. No notable defining marks / serial numbers, or if there were they wore off.

Yeah, water or oil separator. Drops fall into the glass area if your compressor is sending garbage to your pneumatics.

Looks real old to me

Why are all engineers german

show the glass dome from the top, does it have a hole? i think this may have been used to measure pressure.

here u go
ebay.com/itm/Milton-1-2-Micro-Filter-In-Line-Water-Separator-for-Air-Compressor-Line-/261411687641

ITS A SEP WE USE THEM ON AIR LINES AT THE POWER PLANT

It's a pneumatic oiler. Used to add oil to a pneumatic (compressed air) line for tools especially high speed rotary air tools.

air compressor filter

That makes sense. are there any specific reason for the curved plastic thing on the cone?
these are all the images I have today with me. There was a hole in the top with a spring loaded pin that you could push in a little bit.

or I suppose the hole was at the bottom, presumably to let out any water if thats the use of it.

no, its to seperate the water from the air you fucking moron. compressed air is hot and when it cools will have condensation, this keeps the water from reaching the tools so it doesnt ruin them

fucking tards

It's a dingle berry chamber

Water separator

Aha, the shop teacher is rather hairy, would make sense he had a dingle berry chamber somewhere.

This air line lubricator looks a lot like OP's thing doesn't it

It's not so crazy

the one OP posted is a water separator fucking nigger. now shut the fuck up

A bong, obviously

I do this same thing a lot. I used to get serial number off of old carbs, electronics, or engines to see what was up.

I found a Chrysler Germany diesel engine one time.

its a filter. isnt that obvious?

>toolniggers

this /thread

This. Pulls the water out of the air lines.

It is not uncommon for components to look incredibly similar. Especially old vs. new.

You act like there is only one shape a fuel water separator could possibly have and that every one looks exactly the same.

Air/water separator, really OP?

I dont fuck with pneumatic all that often, its either hydraulic or mechanical.

Only time I use pneumatic is with nailers and those typically dont need these.

Or maybe they do and we've all been using them wrong.