twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

professional shitposter/9 zimbabwean dollars an hour/70000

Professional family photographer/specializes in solo shots

Sex and beer are my pay

Shit that sounds like a good job.

>teacher
> $100 / day 'cause I'm not yet under contract
>28

I'm technically a "long term substitute" filling in for a teacher who had a mental breakdown or something. I don't think she's coming back but we'll see.

Furniture mover/$13/27
I'm suicidal

soldier/20/2.3k dollars a month
lit job, aids pay

Associate/$85k/24

I hate my career choice and am going to retire as soon as I possibly can after paying off this 100k worth of student loans and build up enough to live off of. Don't become a lawyer, ppl.

Gas station attendant, basically I hold down the fort alone, work the reg, and deal with the riff raff that comes in.
7.95 and hour
It's awful. I'm doing my damndest to get out

IT Analyst/~$42k/29 best job ever.

An hour*
On my phone

Working at a gas station was my first ever job, and it was by far the most stressful job I've ever done.

I could never figure out that damn lottery machine. I'd have people coming in like "642 backup 364 straight..." and I'd be like what the fuck slow down and WAT.

Then my shift would end at 4 or whatever but I wouldn't leave until like 5 because you got to count the cigarettes and scratch off tickets and shit.

Fucking HATED that job.

How to get into this Sup Forumsro?

Yep. It sucks ass. Especially because I'm here alone. If I have to go to the bathroom, I have to run, rush, and hope no one comes in. If someone steals gas, and it doesn't work out, I have to pay for it. My boss I grammatically a retard and it hurts so much to know I'm smarter than her. This job just.. it just sucks. I'm fast, and my customers like me, but I hate it.

merchandiser at a bookstore in an airport/16 an hour/19

Logistics Analyst and Database Operator
$20/hr
Love it

Ever had to flip a coin?

Why dont you like lawyering?

Get your associates in IT. Get a couple of certifications and you're in.

My first job as well, switch to walgreens is easier and they start you at 9/h now

Flip a coin? I don't understand.

Kroger? Only thing i liked was shooting the shit and won 500 from scratcher once

You realize they legally cant take money from your paycheck from someone else stealing, just sue the place

Solutions Architect / £50K pa +expenses / 30

I had a friend who worked at the local one, said management was shit, and coworkers were worse

youtube.com/watch?v=OLCL6OYbSTw

Does that require uni or college? Also how long does it take?

>Solutions Architect

wtf does that even mean?

It sounds like the kind of fancy job title they give shit jobs

Kroger? Only thing i liked was shooting the shit and won 500 from scratcher once

Have to work 60 hour work weeks to hit my billable hour requirement. Don't enjoy the work that much, but committed to make payments on huge student loan.

Dump Truck driver/$19 hr/27

Community College
2 years
Easy as shit
You're looking at around $14k total in the states

stock room at target. 12.79/hr. 20

unemployed/food stamps
$0

I guess it can be hit or miss, i actually like my coworkers and managers

Little Caesar's/10/18

I don't know what to do. I'm fresh out of high school and lost.

It's a contractual thing. It was a stipulation of working here. It's only illegal if I didn't sign for it, but I'm 98% sure it was in my employment contracts

Cyber systems operator, Database Administrator (SQL) / 3.6k month (US)/ 23

What you good at Sup Forumsro?

I don't understand what you're saying.

Electronic technician, $120k last year, 39 years old.

Yep - Don't know what it's like in the US, but in the UK, academic qualifications only let you in the door somewhere, such as maybe 1st Line Desktop Support at a medium sized company.

Your real value comes with vendor certifications in whichever technology you've chosen.

I chose Cisco networking, worked hard, got myself 6 or 7 Cisco certs over a few years and now I just maintain and develop my knowledge as the industry requires - I doubt I'll ever be out of work again.

I'm a web dev, 30, making good money.

The industry moves so fast this will literally be me by 40

Oops, make that 3.1k

kek i'm a furniture mover and i make 22$/hr and they actually pay me overtime/benefits.
i've been with them for four years, since i was 16. got my air brake ticket and also dispatch when the boss takes vacation though,

moving is such a shithole. going to school to be a conductor. gonna drive trains!

Making people laugh seems to be my only real skill. No clue otherwise. I'd say my second skill is computers but that's all basic shit that you learn from not having a social life in your teen years.

Drill holes in rock

US Navy Nuclear Engineer/24/$1980 per month

It's probably because Portage Wisconsin is known for Heroine, and shitty people

software engineer/$80k/25

Associate Software Engineer/$72k/21

Technically not true yet because I start in 2 weeks, after I graduate

Not gonna lie, user, I had basic af skills going into college for computers. I could troubleshoot easy shit. But that is 50x more than what other fags know. If you know how to google, you have a 30k+ job in IT waiting for you.

I'm not the guy you're responding to, but probably because it's so incredibly stressful.

I almost went in to law but had to ask myself the one simple question that no law school student ever seems to ask himself: should I even be a lawyer?

It's a tough, tough job. It depends, of course, on what kind of law you go into -- real estate, family, criminal, etc. But it's not often that you can just take your pick and you kind of have to take what you can get. They're graduating like 3 attorneys for every 1 that gets a job right now. So if you even get a job practicing, you're lucky.

I am fascinated by the law and the idea of practicing law, but I couldn't deal with the nonsense. Imagine working all week on preparing a case, some complex summary judgement or whatever, working long ass hours, only to discover on Monday that the case has changed so dramatically in just a few short hours that all the work you've done was basically pointless and now you've got to go back to the drawing board. And the client is such a pain in the ass that they're disputing your billed hours, threatening to file a complaint with the bar association so you end up writing off most of the time you've spent anyway.

It's got to be FRUSTRATING. No wonder so many lawyers are alcoholics

How do i make more than an it tech as a maintenance man?

Unemployed/whatever my investments make or lose/27

Finishing AAS in biology this June. Probably going to look into env tech while I go for my bachelor's.

What's that make you, an e-2 with dependents?

Good thread OP, I'm liking this one.

It means I help companies build networks the way they are supposed to be built, using vendor and industry best practices. I specialize in network security and network design, so people get me involved to help them build secure, resilient and scalable network infrastructure for their business. I've built networks for schools, universities, councils, SMEs and larger financial organisations. It's probably a bullshit job title but it's not a job you can fake your way into.

It's complicated in the beginning, but there comes a eureka moment eventually where all the knowledge you build over years starts to fit into place and make sense.

A Solutions Architect / Network Architect type role is pretty much the top of the food chain in networking, although it doesn't quite work that way as there is always someone 100 times smarter than you.

I flip money for people. Basically I post my number online and people call me asking to flip money. So they send me money and within 30 minutes I send them back 10 times the amount. I work at western union so after they send me the money I just add a zero at the end, deduct my fee depending on the amount and send it back to them. I have made over 100 grand in the last 8 months doing this alone

E-4 before taxes

Cuz businesses see the IT Department as an expense, not a profitable area. You make them shit, so you get paid more.

It took me a while to get used to it but it's easy now. I'm an assistant manager at a gas station at 9.65/hour. That doesn't include any bonuses or other benefits.

I know that feeling.

Nucs are born e4

Sweet. I'll stick with the pizza joint job for right now so I can have some money just in case though. Thanks, pal.

Business Admin Manager
56,160/year

So living on base then. That would make sense.

HVAC technician

Messed up, I'm at like 2k before taxes

Supervisor (at a pizza place)
$11/hour plus tips (tips usually about $20/night)

I got accepted into a career with the federal government. Was using this gig as filler and work experience between college and the career. It's served me pretty well, I was already a full time supervisor after only 6 months.

Former nuke chief here. Don't type it out like that trying to make it sound profession/prestigious. We both know it fucking sucks.

Welder/22/$45.hr

I mean besides having to work my ass off for no money, it's not that bad

My dad does HVAC. He's done it for years working for the same company. He makes fucking BANK. I think he makes like 50 an hour or something. It's insane. I almost went into HVAC myself but I'm not very good with my hands.

Job title/pay/age

Paramedic/70k/25yo/work 4 days a week

Casual Nurse on days off $40 dollars an hour $60 on weekends

Already made 35k this finacial year from nurse work.

Check'd btw. How many years of college, if any?

>application support/ release management tier 1
>$67000 a year
>22

I think I got it pretty good plus no debt due to not going to college but proving I already had the skill set for the job. Feels good min

i make coffee aka barista/$23 per hour/i'm 25

i like it but its long hours. pay is ok i guess. kinda stuck with it until i figure out wtf else to do

So aside from the only thing you do being hard with no reward, its not bad? Don't lie to yourself. If it's bad then don't sugarcoat it.

I'm not complaining about my pay but Damn. I really would assume it would make more than me
Maintenance man, 65k, 23

Performance architect at NetApp.
$155k + bonuses.

Furniture Warehouse Man/ $11.50/ 16
Eh its not bad

HVAC is fucking lit. Im 18 with my EPA and NATE/ICE certification and I'm fucking rolling in it. I make more money than my father and I just bought my first house. Not bad for 18. Would reccommend it for kids in highschool if you don't mind getting dirty

Nah in reality, sure it's hard work but it'll pay off in the long run and luckily I like working with my hands so MM has worked out pretty well for me.

Kek, impending ban

No college but did an apprenticeship for ironworking union

It sucks because the leadership sucks.

Undergrad Chemical Engineering Co-op last Semester (Back to Classes this Semester) / $21.11/hour / 20

Also my first job

I work for an employment agency, so I just do whatever they give me, and I make like $15k a year. I'm only 18 though and still in college, the job is just to pay for vidya and scotch.

>not a MM
>not on subs

I recently created the Spurdo Sparde gaem!! I'll be very happy if you enjoy it!!!
Just search " Spurdo Jump "
or " Spurdo "
on playmarket! (it's becouse moderator has banned my URL from gaem)
THANKS!!!!
EBIN X------------DDDD

I'm a teacher so I do recommend it to my students actually. Not everyone has to go to college to be "successful."

flight instructor / $15k / 26

Sailors do not get housing allowance until the 4 year mark.

"The BLS reports the median annual salary for EMTs and paramedics was $31,700 in 2014. The best-paid 10 percent in the profession made approximately $54,690, while the lowest-earning 10 percent made approximately $20,690."

Oh yeah?

Tardwrangler/$18,14/28

A lot of this - am the guy that posted the job.

It's partly my fault because I didn't ask around enough to see if I even wanted to do it. That said - I applied and got in when I was 20, so I didn't have much real world experience.

I'm doing transactional work in business law and estate planning. The work, while sometimes intellectually stimulating, is most often monotonous work with little to no reward (other than money). The pressures of the environment make it the worst. For some fucked up reason, the lawyer culture values insane levels of professional committment and does not let their associates have a decent work-life balance.

I have to hit 1900 billable hours every year as an associate. This requires me to work 60 hour weeks because we can't bill every hour we work to clients. I have to go in on saturdays twice a month. I have a fiancee that I barely get to see. I am terribly depressed. This is not the work environment people were meant to work in.

And I am lucky. I have a job - 50% of my graduating class couldn't say that a year after graduating (not really - some contract work, but that's not stable). Some was putting in the time to get good grades and working on law review, but much of it was applying to a firm at the right time.

Also, I can't really quit. I still have 100k worth of student loans which are sitting at 7 fucking percent interest. I'm hesitating about refinancing with a private bank because then I lose my option of deferral...

God though...if I could go back 4 years I would NOT have done law school again. Worst part is I have a fiancee that worked her ass off to help support me through law school. I can't own up to her how much I hate it. My life's a mess.

You sure seem to know a lot about seamen.

No job (student)/government pays me 200 euros a month does that count/18

Electronic repair
$100/h minimum
under 30