My doggo is getting old, and I know he doesn't have many years left...

My doggo is getting old, and I know he doesn't have many years left. As of lately I've been thinking about how he's going to be put to sleep, and I feel as though I should do it myself, instead of dragging him to the vet.
My uncle have a 22. cal revolver I can borrow, so when the the time comes I want to take him to the cabin (his favorite place in the whole world), give him a good meal, a long walk(if he's capable) and sit him down in a sun-streaked clearing.

One bullet.

Any Sup Forumsrothers with experience of taking down your best friend?

I shot dogmeat by accident on fallout 3 once.. Had to reload a save from ages back. Still feels like something's not quite right.. Pic unrelated.

What happens if you miss OP?

Your dog will die knowing you were trying to kill him.

Nice crocodile tears satan

Give one fucking reason you should not let him live the rest of his life you faggot

Fuckig lol

Guess I'll just load up another round and put it in my temple.

Have you seen old doggos? They're miserable as fuck.

Bring the vet to you. Do what that guy did and make a day of it. Let him just have the best day if his life and then have him put under in the sunlight on a blanket

You've never had dogs right? Most bigger dogs (mines a lab-bordercollie) live in agonizing pain their last months, with bad joints, cancer and god knows what. If your dog is in pain, you have a responsibility to end it.

So you choose to end up his life, how fucking can we explain that? The toy is already broken so we drop it

Cancer, bad joints..., fuck you faggot. There are vets for that, no hypocrisy, we always choose the most easy way

Not op but towards the end of my dogs life he literally had no idea who I was or what was going on at all. He would just cry and look at me either scared or confused. He went downhill so fast when I brought him to the vet and he was on the table, I kept petting him and saying his name and that he was a good boy but he wouldn't even look at me or respond. That hurt like hell. I think that's a good reason to end it early.

That sounds like a alternative. I actually know a few vets privately, so it would feel better than having a complete stranger do it,

So if your dad had Alzeimer disease or a good member of your family, will you fucking prefer to kill them if you had the right?

Your opinion in this matter will go unnoticed.

We're talking about dogs, not people

yes.

It sounds like its already noticed.

dont look at him or u wont be able to do it!

yes

Just take him to the vets office, bring a friend with you for the ride home, have the grave pre dug. Place flowers.

Even a shot to the back of the head isn't a guaranteed instant kill, if you don't kill him in a single hit, he's going to be in unbearable pain. He's just a poor pupper, he doesn't understand death, don't kill him, it's cruel and nerve racking, it's the worse thing imaginable to kill your best friend and you WILL cry.

It's also messy. After killing him, the last thing you're going to want to do is clean up his brains and blood.

Let him live out the rest of his life, paying for euthanization is worth it. It's painless and humane, and your pupper will go with dignity. Just don't shoot him, you WILL regret it and you will feel like shit.

Don't use a .22, if you plan on bringing swift death upon your doggo.

It's too small of a round, and you're too likely to miss. Even if you did get him in the head, that bullet will rattle around in his skull and wreak hell. To get the job done, use a .38 hollow point.

Yes

Underrated

Fucking faggots

Hard situation.... In the momment you cant do it..the vet is the best human option or not.mmm, its hard my friend.

>paying for euthanization is worth it
its smart giving some asshole 200 bucks to use a needle in a strange unfamiliar place?

ya its gunna feel shitty but it feels shitty either way.

a 22 doesnt make a mess. a headshot is instant death.

and then the people saying let him live have never seen a dog reach the end of its days.

if my brain stops functioning properly go ahead and put one in my head.

How can some faggots think they have the power to decide if they should kill their dog who used to live 2,5,10,20 years with them... Just fucking how

OP I beg you, don't kill him. It's not your place to kill him, let him die in peace, not with a gunshot to the head. Even euthanasia is better

Makes sense. Guess I'm just a bit hung up on the whole do-it-yourself-it's-your-doggo thing, since 90% of all males in my family are hunters.
They all share these completely heart shattering stories of how they strap the dog to their back, walk 15 miles straight out in to the woods in full hunter garbs and put them down there.
Alcohol is often involved in the storytelling.

>Even if you did get him in the head, that bullet will rattle around in his skull and wreak hell

meaning death..

furthermore whos going to risk missing? put the muzzle on his head.

But in all seriousness; if it's your dog, and you truly love it, you should pay for a proper euthanasia. Wait until doggo is truly on his last legs, and get it done professionally.

There will be no killing involved if he's able to live out his days without being in constant pain, but that scenario isn't likely to happen.

i hope you crawl around in pain with no sense of where you are for weeks till you die.

A .22 bullet is tiny! You are more likely to give your dog a lobotomy than kill it, especially point blank. That fucker would whizz right through.

youve never owned a dog that got old.

you watch your dog crawl around in pain with no sense of who you are or where he is... youl understand.

So if you manage somehow even with this disease to have some defined part of your identity, your fucking best memories, your existence.... Will it be "correct", it scares me personnaly

I had that mindset when I did it, I tried to dig the hole in the rain as my pupper sat outside enjoying herself.

I decided to take her out for a walk and even though she was arthritic, just taking her outside and letting her explore made me realize that she shouldn't die, she still had a little life in her, and she's my pupper, my best friend.

She's 15 and she's still got life in her, and I thank everything that I didn't end her life that day, I love my pupper.

Pic related: my pupper

And the key is killing ? Kek.

again you havent owned a dog that lived to be old. theres no cure faggot.

Give him MERCY!

Beautiful pupper.

Just let him die of old age you pleb.

How fucking pathetic, give them the right to kill and they kill their most loyal friend.go kill yourself instead faggot

She's a beautiful smelly pupper.

sounds a lot more like a loving owner than strapping them to a vet table and watching some jerk off stick a needle in them for 200 bucks

A shot in the head with a .22 round, would more likely mean death by blood loss, than instant mortality. The bullet is simply too small, and it travels too fast.

.22 rounds are intended for killing rabbits and squirrels, not anything larger than that.

its merciful. when your on your deathbed in agony youl understand.

>using a .22
don't do it. that caliber could not kill him, but probably make him very long, painful death.

i think that it is suitable only for training purposes or at most bird hunting

How do you know what that dog feels? What if they don't want to die? They don't know it's coming.

That's why the whole "if I was that old, I'd want to die." Thing is stupid. You came to that conclusion yourself, that's your decision, you are asking for it. But that dog, he probably doesn't even understand what death is, let alone why his nuts are missing.

>Shooting your best friend in the back of the head with a .22 hoping it will kill them instantly

Can't see any way that could go wrong. There's honestly no reason to put yourself through that unless your dog just got hit by a fucking car or something and is obviously going to die and is suffering unbelievable pain. If you're really worried about them dying in some unfamiliar place there are vets who will come to your house to perform euthanasia. No matter how they go it's going to hurt like shit, but I can guarantee you putting him to sleep is a lot more humane and easier way to do it than blowing his fucking brains out. If you're going to be a retard and shoot your dog instead of doing it the way deemed acceptable by literally everybody, at least use a caliber that will get the job done. It's going to fuck you up for life if you shoot him with a .22 and watch him scream and flop around until he bleeds out.

Yeah, especially when it comes to hunting dogs. The joy in their eyes when you change into hunting gear and start packing is indescribable.

And I assume you know from experience instead? How about you share some of that insight. I'd love to know how it feels to be on my deathbed.

Fucking retard.

Don't trick yourself, it's not merciful. If it's still alive then it still have a will. My dog lived with me 3 years and when he died, he carefully tried to hide somewhere. Animals have emotions too, what will be their last memory when you see the reflect of a fucking gun in their pupills and then you shoot then. It's the real agony, for both,think of it, faggot.

Imagine how they must feel when they get a bullet between the eyes, as the feeling of betrayal hits them

Truth

Cynical cunt.

More stinky dogger

Stinky dogger emits deep wisdom.

Pupper

Fucking phone cancer

I could drive to store and buy some bullets -I saw that .22 are pretty cheap.

Couple of shoots would make the
>case closed
?

Aw man, this bait is really fucked up.

I saw this in a feels thread last night but instead of the (TL;DR) it was the actual owner :-(

Yes.

You know what getting shot in the head feels like?

Me neither, but I'm pretty sure it's not like falling asleep.

Stink pup approves

As long as he can walk,eat and interact with other dogs, he's fine.
Mine was active as fuck until his liver suddenly failed at the age of 18.
He just fell into a coma one day and they had to put him down.