Hey did any of u fags get windows 10 upgraded automaticAlly without your say so?

Hey did any of u fags get windows 10 upgraded automaticAlly without your say so?

Other urls found in this thread:

infoworld.com/article/3020748/microsoft-windows/how-get-windows-10-sets-its-hooks-into-windows-7-and-81.html
discord.gg/0111BUOosXLGKaghO
ghacks.net/2016/01/08/disableosupgrade-prevents-the-upgrade-to-windows-10/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. This dumb shit is at 12 percent right now. I don't even know what to expect.

mine keeps trying and failing because it's gay as shit.

No, because I know how to operate my software.

if you have windows 7 hold onto that baby like its a qt3.14 that loves you

Still perfectly happy with 7, this is 10 trying to install itself and failing.

What the fuck? They said they'd drop it and even stop giving that shit away for free. No way I'm installing that shit, I removed all upgrade updated etc think I'm good

good thing I caught it at the last minute otherwise i would of been rip shit

I went out of town for 3 days, came home, turned on PC....fucking Windows 10 is installing. WTF? I loved Windows 7. Can I get it back?

When it tries to install it will ask you to accept the EULA. If you dont accept it, it will not install and will go back to your old OS

You should have 30 days to uninstall. Check the system recovery section, and google.

they put me on a reservation which i had to cancel theyre trying to be criptic with the shit
BILL GATES IS SUCH A SHIT LORD

Thanks

Also note there is a registry key you can set that will prevent it from upgrading to win10 ever.

infoworld.com/article/3020748/microsoft-windows/how-get-windows-10-sets-its-hooks-into-windows-7-and-81.html

theres an option somewhere in the settings that lets you go back but it'll probably fail lol.

It won't let you uninstall the spyware part.

discord.gg/0111BUOosXLGKaghO
join my chat

>spyware

you mean telemetry?

There are guides to uninstall all that shit.

>discord.gg/0111BUOosXLGKaghO
what kind of shit you trying to pull

That don't work anymore a week later. Microsoft is boldfacedly lying about what their new spyware OS actually reports and what components do so. My suggestion is to backup your win7 install to another HDD, so you can restore it in the event of catastrophic user error.

Yeah the updates, i made a .bat to remove all the crappy ones. But I think what he means is that once W10 is installed and you revert back to 7 the spyware part stays

Better link on reg key
ghacks.net/2016/01/08/disableosupgrade-prevents-the-upgrade-to-windows-10/

Use Acronis True image

Yeah, agreed.

windows 7 has it's own telemetry almost identical to the windows 10 stuff.

Solution switch to Linux

No, it doesn't. 10 is a whole new level of invasiveness. It will actually use your CPU cycles to analyse your behavior, and report back to microsoft. Fuck them.

Check'd

lmgtfy + "windows 7 telemetry" seems to say it does.

No. I installed it on purpose.

No, I run enterprise.

If you install the spyware updates, sure it does. You gotta be vigilant these days. You can't even really trust "Security" updates anymore, even.

No because I am not a retard and know how to disable the auto update.

I am a cuck and installed it manually later on though. It's not too bad.

You have an Intel nuc?

lucky you

You can remove the spyware updates on 7, not on 10. Same with the crappy russian letters one etc. I get to choose my own updates

Acer C720, the 4GB i3 model with an upgraded SSD.

it says "google peppy", what is this?

Windows 8 < Windows 10
Naturally I automatically

To repeat the answer again, it's an Acer C720. It's a fucking Chromebook.

where i live chromebooks proudly carry their name.
acer has come to shit, or: was it ever good?

I've only got two Acer products, and they're pretty decent for what I paid. The Chromebook is what I expect out of a cheap laptop, especially after flashing SeaBIOS and installing Windows 10. I've also got an H236HL. It's very nice for a $150 IPS monitor. My only real issue with it is the lack of vesa mounts.

Google for gwx removal tool, it will get rid of this cancer for you

Android has way worse spyware shit, and it's way harder to get rid of.

>install custom ROM
>don't install GApps

Wow, that was fucking difficult.