Who's your commander Sup Forums? My friends won't play with me anymore..... :( pic related

Who's your commander Sup Forums? My friends won't play with me anymore..... :( pic related.

Shepard

kek

win

fuck off jason

Question OP, where do you get the blue mana from?

Not op, but they changed the rules for edh. You can produce color outside your colors now, so anything easy like chromatic lantern works.

Bullshit, that would make one of the main points of selecting your commander unneeded.

Same problem here. I thought that our friend group had dissolved, but when I talked to one a month or two ago he let it slip that those fucks just cut me out.

Well blue is also part of the commanders identity since its on the card, so islands. I havnt played in a month so I forgot.

no op the color identity of a commander is both mana cost to cast and mana cost for abilities

They did make that change, but Memnarch works because they changed the way color identity works long before the mana change. He's a blue commander.

You can produce offcolor mana, but you are still constrained by color identity in deck construction. Sen Triplets is the only commander that was really affected by the change (still bad though).

Well bugger me then, didn't know the colour identity bit.

The differing mana thing still seems stupid to me, though.

Your friends are shit then, Memnarch is an awful commander because if anyone takes him your deck is fucked
Even if they only have temporary control then as long as they can produce blue mana they can use his ability on himself and he's theirs until he dies or is taken back
Had a friend with the same idea once, he changed his mind pretty damn quickly

Fun times but I keep stoneforge and the swords out of my decks

Sorry for the late response, I'm playing as we speak! I use many mana rocks like Gilded Lotus, Mind stone, sol ring, Thran dynamo and many more, I use mana doublers like Gauntlet of power, extraplanar lens, caged sun, high tide, and I use turnabout. I have a Palinchron that makes infinite blue when I have a mana doubler, then I just take every permanent. That's the only infinite card in the deck a lot of Memnarch decks are solely built to make infinite mana and take everything in one motion

Still workshopping a name, it's based around my creatures never dying and doing cool shit every time they come back

Don't forget Zedruu, the mana change got rid of one of the most fun wincons

I'm well prepared to handle taking Memnarch back with many other spells and tricks, you act like blue is helpless

Oh man, fuck Zedruu decks, my friend runs one and it is the absolute worst

What was the change to the rules exactly?

Karn stronk

>haven't played in forever
>who is Zedruu
>Donate, the creature
Who thought that was balanced?

I own like one deck that doesn't have blue in it, it's my second favourite colour, I just really like control spells, especially in commander (my friend straight up throws a bitch fit whenever I want to put cards like insurrection or dominus of fealty into my edh deck) and that can fuck up decks with commanders like Memnarch pretty hard

Our group like most has a pretty constantly shifting meta based on the decks of the others in our regular play group, my contribution is that any deck that relies too heavily on its commander or its commander is powerful when used against it is almost useless

Izzet master league, I don't run any counterspells but just crazy bullshit blue red.

You can produce mana outside your color identity. Gilded Lotus, for example, now works normally.

I want to clarify that it's not too extreme, it's not like I just stop all Commander play but my friend ran a deck with pic related as commander, it was pretty damn good but absolutely useless without her so I just kept it away from him and he had to bin the deck

Because searching for them is easier than drawing them

But I still can't run cards with non-commander casting or ability costs?
So how is Memnarch allowed to work? Does his ability cost make him blue in the eyes of the EDH rules?

Basically it just means that if you have a way of producing mana of a colour outside of your commander's colour identity, you can. Celestial daen made non-white decks just stop because all they could produce is colourless mana

If i remember correctly any color cost on the commander is an allowable color for the deck

I'm a misanthropist.

Muh niggah

I like to keep certain cards on hand to add to my deck for fuckers with certain commanders
>Magnetic Mine and Imi Statue
For Memnarch and other bullshit artifact decks
>Havoc Festival, Rain of Gore, Leyline of Punishment and Everlasting Torment
For motherfucking lifegain bullshit like this

i run like 15 counterspells just for you buddy

Color identity looks at the text box. That change was made years ago. Memnarch is blue, Alesha is WBR, etc.

It's good to be appreciated

My favourite thing is using Power Sink to counter counterspells

Power sink is my favourite counterspell,

Except for maybe pic related because it gets around those pesky uncounterable spells

I've never seen that before that's brilliant, you can do a bunch of shit with that

>Lands youcontrol are plains