There is nothing when you die. You blink out of existence. No afterlife, no awareness of oblivion. No awareness, period...

There is nothing when you die. You blink out of existence. No afterlife, no awareness of oblivion. No awareness, period. Your body is a broken machine. You are no longer you. You're gone. Accept it. The billions before you? They had no choice. They no longer exist, either.

How does the ultimate truth make you live your now life, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AaEuyV2YWoA
southampton.ac.uk/news/2014/10/07-worlds-largest-near-death-experiences-study.page
npr.org/2013/02/21/172495667/resuscitation-experiences-and-erasing-death
waitbutwhy.com/2014/10/religion-for-the-nonreligious.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ultimate truth

wew lad

I think Picard from TNG summed it up best.

Picard: Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe than time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important how we lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal.

>fairy tale books arent real
>fairy tale book is real
Make up your fucking mind

It just makes me sort of angry, angry that so many people believe that there will be an afterlife or that some great mystical force is there to protect us. We are literally machines and science literally can explain anything given enough time. To many people try to fight the truth and fail to understand there own mortality. But besides, even being aware of mortality what can we do, theres not much we can do to change it. Death will find us all one day, just as it has found our ancestors and every other living thing on earth.

wut happens to your conscience tho

Well deserved dubs

It would be like while you're asleep but not dreaming. Are you experiencing the sleep? No.

The way I see it the possibilities are both equally terrifying or blissfully peaceful. On one hand, there is an after life, something more than we understand. Something metaphysical that we may ever understand until the day we die. The other option is that is indeed nothing. In which case, we finally get to rest. No heaven or anything of the sort, real peace with nothingness. No more trouble or explaining, your story is done.

I would kill every single person on earth if it meant living for a couple more minutes. My story is everything. Nothings matters but your story. It is neither peace nor rest.

how do you know, were you there when someone came back from death?

sorry to break it to you. Your story isn't anything more special than any other person in this world. Everyone is pretty self centered and think they are the protagonist of their own story. You seem to lack empathy. You, I and everyone here will be forgotten. Whether it's a couple of years or hundreds, you will be forgotten. Good news is, when you get to your inevitable death, you will finally be laid to rest.

Everything in this life is made and adapted to this life. When you die, you experience the dissolution of the material world and it occurs on numerous levels. Any experiences of "Pearly Gates", tunnels of light and harp playing angels would be vestigial concepts of what the afterlife might be and these too will be dissolved. When this world has passed away to you, then you will experience what is beyond life. What we think of now of what that will be are only analogies and relative descriptions where no words would ever fit to describe what is immaterial. The bottom line is if you believe nature has put this much energy into a consciousness and vehicle only to discard both as useless you can only be stupid. More than that, it's a deep existential cynicism born out of trauma and negative, depressive life experiences and no actually rational thought. So you can just fuck off, the rest of us don't need your bullshit

Zero fucks are given because who gives a shit f'reals.
Life is to live. Nothing to gain, nothing to lose, no glory or memory or afterlife. Whether life is a joke or a lie doesn't matter, its you who chooses whether to laugh or cry, and wasting time on truth that's fleeting, forcing abstract meaning on the meaningless, that's pointless and thoughtless and worst of all its boring. You've got us snoring, little Nietzsche, get going before we beatcha, and I just realized this rap is crap and nobody's gonna clap but thats cool, cuz zero fucks were given for as long as we're livin'.

there are times where I have prayed for something unreasonable and "miracles" happened for me. Reason tells me coincidence, but I want to believe they weren't. i wish the end of the world would just happen already. this way everyone dies together and face emptiness or we can truly see if there was a higher power afterall

I mean, I don't mean to be pessimistic but why are we humans so important or special. If you believe in evolution, at what point in our evolutionary scale did we start having an afterlife? why does the concept of animals and cavemen having an afterlife is ridiculous but us humans isn't? What makes us so special.

By the time i reach 50 years old functional immortality will exist, sux to your impending doom fgts

L2 religion faggot

if that's true, how did he come back? he had to have been someplace to return

this tbh fam, no matter how much i think god isnt real i still have that feeling he is and not necessarily a god even i just think theres something more

Are you capable of using a vocabulary I won't find on knowyourmeme?

Nobody knows what happens when you die, so fuck off and post something interesting.

Poi?

Pretty good. Who wants to live forever?

whenever ive died, i just go find a new body for my consciousness to inhabit

Okay

Your view is just as valid as the people who worship a book, only difference they get people to pay them to do it.

No shit you fucking faggot, everyone knows this you fucking retard

Alright, so where did John Snow's consciousness come back from?

Beautiful. My friend told me he watched STNG because it was like the bible of our time.

Melisandre's magic repaired the machine. She fixed his body. He woke up. He didn't come back from anywhere.

Place a new battery in a toy. Same thing.

A very similar thing that happened to that one cloud you saw in the 3rd grade, that looked like an elephant juggling on a skateboard, I reckon.

Nahh fam, I'm good.
youtu.be/AaEuyV2YWoA

Faggot

Save a bunch of pictures on a flash drive.

Go outside and smash that flash drive to a million little pieces.

The drive is your brain and the pictures were your memories.

>tells a lie
>claims its the truth
just because Game of Thrones said it doesn't make it true you dork

southampton.ac.uk/news/2014/10/07-worlds-largest-near-death-experiences-study.page

npr.org/2013/02/21/172495667/resuscitation-experiences-and-erasing-death

Everything is energy. Rebirth to life to death. A living breathing consciousness that is the universe, that connects us all on a subconscious level that we can't even begin to explain. We mold our own destination and where we end up as a society, species, etc. More people are just now becoming aware of it. But we keep taking one step forward and two back. People are scared of change. But progress begets progress. To move forward is change. For something better I like to believe.

Who said that animals and the like DON'T experience the afterlife?

I like to believe all my *good* pet dogs get to run in an infinitely long field chasing a ball that will never cease to bounce away from them, indefatigably.

I'd probably KMS if I could get over that last 0.1% of doubt that I'm gonna burn for eternity.

That little boy who is afraid of hell never really goes away if you are indoctrinated as a child with fire and brimstone.

im an atheist maybe agnostic maybe a deist

who gives a fuck

but IF there is an after life its PROBABLY because a god created it and you

IF THATS SO

you cant just fuckin trick the universe and whatever the thing is that created it and you and the fuckin afterlife - by dying and coming back to life - IT FUCKIN KNOWS YOU WERE GOING TO COME BACK TO LIFE

therefore its not going to let you break the whole system of something called a fuckin AFTER life by seeing it BEFORE you die

Death is.....
Death is personal.
Death is liberating.
It is a gift of freedom from the shackles of this world.
Embrace it.
Don't fear it.
It comes when it is beckoned.
It comes when it is not expected.
It comes....

NEELIX CAN GET FUCKED

That's right, batteries not included

waitbutwhy.com/2014/10/religion-for-the-nonreligious.html

You have no way to prove this...

why would this change how i live. im still going to try and be happy. im still going to try and help others. nothing will change.

next generation is the only star trek i like.
its very philosophical and attempts to answer extremely tough questions.

good show.
nerdy and geeky as fuck. but its good.

The only ultimate truth is that you don't know shit.

You'll find happiness when, and only when, you accept that as fact.

Forgotten... that is why I am the only one that matters. I could care less what becomes of the world after I die. I lack empathy, yes I suppose. And this may change when I have a child. But as of now, no life is more important then mine. And no conscience is more important to sustain then my own.

Holy fuck please grow up. that Disney shit is so fuckin retarded. Any concept of an afterlife is just wishful thinking born from fear and anxiety of death

the only ultimate truth I know is gas the kikefags like OP

The thought of the afterlife is usually connected with a religion/god. And most gods have humans as their main creation. If there is a god, he cares about us more then other beings. If there is no God, there is no afterlife

This user is correct. Only uneducated plebs make concrete statements about the world we live in. OP wouldn't be saying this crap if he understood a little about how surreal the world actually is.

Nice trips. Also best answer to OP. Well played user, well played

Fucking this. I try telling this to people all the time. Literally nothing matters in the grand scheme of things. So why not do what makes you happy?

So if blowing everyone's fucking brains out made them happy, would u still want them to do ' whatever makes them happy'??

Because other people don't want you to be happy. Misery loves company. It's a fucking desease that wastes so much potential for a happy and fulfilling life. Bc after all this life is literally all you will ever have

I am comforted by the theory that trillions of years down the road, I will be posting this exact same post, in the exact same bed, feeling the exact same way, as I have ad infinitum

(big bang, big crunch, big bang, etc..)

Well, according to Mr smart guy Einstein there might be life after death. So far through crazy wacky physics he's been right about it. Hence why he was constantly in a agnostic struggle with the concept of god.

>other people

Fuck other people. If they want to draw you into their misery, move on and abandon them.

world will end when I die

Nice source there, dan rather

Fucking relativists

Indifferently.

This answer is trivial to my reality.

As they say, death is a concept of the living, not of the dead.

seek help

Lol I'm not saying I would. I'm jjus trying to proveca point

Quantum mechanics for starts.
If you look at death from that point of view it's in an entangled state.
Not gonna source Einstein take to long and I have no idea how it would be presented to autism land. But it's all there.

state your sources, plebe

I want to live forever

people who are near dead aren't dead enough.

They're still there, though. Just taken on a different form of shape.

Myself, which is sufficient since all humans die

I got really drunk the other night and cried about it, but it's not bothering me anymore. To be fair to myself, I was also pissed about my car breaking down.

>ultimate truth

Yeah? Prove it. Pro Tip: You can't

Everyone has their own path to the same destination. What you believe happens after death is irrelevant to me. Either side of the argument can't be proven, it's pretentious to say your beliefs are the only way.

Your message is the antithesis of Christ's. Yours is a message of despair, his was one of hope. Why would I listen to you? Your worldview sucks.

I accepted this a long time ago, and it doesn't bother me at all. It actually brought me a lot of peace. The idea of existing forever is pretty terrifying.

That kinda depends on what you do with the time, don't it?

Life has no meaning.
In this moment I exist.
Now, I will make a question.
Why the universe invest resources of itself to make me?
The universe do not waste.

It is fair to say that nothing happens after death. If life were to undergo some sort of metamorphosis upon death then revival would be impossible and so would extending your life span.

I imagine all the good bacteria go to an infinite feeding ground where there's no limit to what they can eat, and there's antibacterial substances nearby.

The universe doesn't invest anything, it's not self-aware. We can't explain why there is a universe but I'm fairly certain there is no reason for it to make you.

What's your native language?

that is pretty contradictory. I like it.

He might be talking about the laws of thermodynamics.

So why make a thread of it? Does it secretly frighten you?

Who cares.

You are projecting.

fucking entropy is a bitch.

spoken like a true 3 dimensional being

Plenty happens after death. Mainly, your relatives and descendants fighting over your material possessions. Your bodily decomposition. The earth still revolves. So it goes.

Sorry for that. Im not good with this language.

But we come from the universe itself. We are from the same set. And we are intelligent. Nature created intelligence. What I want to make explicit is the reason exists. It must exist for some goal. Is like the ultimate freedom.Nothing is free as us. Why the nature made this freedom?

Thanks.

And your worldview is literally whimsical and totally out of touch with reality.

See: Aubade. Phillip Larkin.

We are not "literally machines". Machines are "literally" machines. There's a whole science devoted to understanding the human psyche. And a whole division of studies devoted to the human condition (humanities).

and it is constantly in flux.