What language are you learning?

>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

>Language learning resources:
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

duolingo.com/
>Duolingo is a free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.

>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
>Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages.

fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
>Drill based courses with text and audio.The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the United States federal government's primary training institution for employees of the U.S. foreign affairs community.These courses are all in public domain and free to download.Site may go down sometimes but you can search for fsi on google and easily find a mirror.

memrise.com/
>Free resource to learn vocabulary, nice flash cards

ankisrs.net/
>A flash card program

clozemaster.com/languages
>Clozemaster is language learning gamification through mass exposure to vocabulary in context.Can be a great supplementary tool, not recommended for absolute beginners.

tatoeba.org/eng/
>Tatoeba is a collection of sentences and translations with over 300 hundred languages to chose from.

Daily Japanese Thread Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1QiXvQ98aJw
youtube.com/watch?v=HY5HYyHMTDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BsByoEnHwq0
youtube.com/watch?v=zU97FbKVH_c
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBJdztLIqr8
youtube.com/watch?v=ipO2aFH_i3k
youtube.com/watch?v=QOc0WXs2OoA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHReqKRvonE
youtube.com/watch?v=xBt1EHwUHYo
youtube.com/watch?v=jItz-uNjoZA
youtube.com/watch?v=lXMskKTw3Bc
youtube.com/watch?v=OWlJyc5ut4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ich lerne Deutsch noch. Ich hasse Deutsche noch. Es ist, was es ist

Only English. My plan is to become really good at it and not to learn any other foreign language.

Bist du tsundere für Deutsch?

I'm earning Japanese and Russian very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very slowly.

Trying to learn Finnish, but resources are limited and I'm focused on school above all else.

Spen

French, kinda. Lived in france for a semester, never had a problem of people ignoring me when trying to talk in french. Learned how to call a bit of csgo positions on swedish but they are pretty salty and dont give a fuck so i dont either anymore.If i actually finish learning french ill try to start japanese, with 2020 coming and all of that, also bake already ended and i want to finish the story.

Learning Spanish

I am learning Norwegian and GERMan.

I am trying (somewhat trying) to learn Spanish, Italian, and French. We'll see how it goes...

Been learning French.

I've recently advanced a lot and I feel I should mention, if you want opportunities to practice speaking a language, it might do you some good to check out meetup.com. I regularly attend two different ones for French. You meet a lot of interesting people, plus you're actually using the language in a real setting, not a scripted one, which is unimaginably more beneficial.

I'm kinda learning Italian
I'm not planning on mastering or anything, just want to be able to understand it and hold simple conversations
Level 8 on Duolingo

I've attended some as well, not just language related, I've also been hiking

Thank you!!!

I should really learn Spanish after what happened at work last week
>be me
>work at call center
>1 min before closing
>get a call
>thank you for calling x this is user speaking
>espanol?
>mfw this seriously fucking happened
>respond in Italian and ask if she can understand me
>go on for half an hour trying to explain technical concepts in a language I have intermediate ability in
>give up and just tell her we have someone who speaks Spanish tomorrow

Howling at this
I work in a pharmacy and a sick guy came in trying to ask what medicine to get but didn't speak any English and none of us there spoke Spanish

Still learning Aspieranto, and I'm starting to like it
It's so piss easy it doesn't feel like learning

whoa
are french such stuck up cunts like that?
I just started learning french...

btw can you guys recommend me some french songs?

No Discordd or any other platform to communicate with fellow Sup Forumss ?

I made one once but it is dead from what I've seen
There's also a reddit one if you want to

What a shame. I need to practice my speaking, and it's easier to correct yourself if someone doesn't understands you.

A que língua você quer praticar?

English, and I'm starting french.

I'm not sure which language I want to learn next. Is it bad that I would rather learn a useless language for fun, that learn a useful language?

Kiel vi fartas, aĉulo?

your mom

saluton aŭtismaj fratoj

yo aprendo espagnol progreso es lento ...

>Is it bad that I would rather learn a useless language
>Kiel vi fartas, aĉulo?
But you do already, also rude

Where are the other anons who learned Esperanto? Don't you usually shit up these threads to shill it?

>are french such stuck up cunts like that ?
Its depends more of your comportment and you know Parisian...

>btw can you guys recommend me some french songs?
Georges Brassens youtube.com/watch?v=1QiXvQ98aJw
Charles Aznavour youtube.com/watch?v=HY5HYyHMTDQ
klub des loosers youtube.com/watch?v=BsByoEnHwq0
Peste Noire
stupeflip youtube.com/watch?v=zU97FbKVH_c
tekitek youtube.com/watch?v=ZBJdztLIqr8
Féloche youtube.com/watch?v=ipO2aFH_i3k
bashung youtube.com/watch?v=QOc0WXs2OoA

Hi I'm the user who was learning Russian.
I've started to write down words I learn them.

I even wrote the alphabet

Keep learning. The number one reason I always give up on it is because I don't want to learn a language that is only spoken by English speaking Americans. It defeats the purpose for me.

English
it will be my life-work to master English

o gurwa, chłopie czm o piątej nad ranem jeszcze nie spałeś

B-but we are kind with learners in /fr/

hast noch ne menge zu lernen, burgerboy

Finfine, plu da homoj por la esperantaj fadenoj

>esperantaj fadenoj
Ili ekzistas?
>Judo

ebin juttu viljami :DD

Don't write gn if you don't have a ñ, just put a normal n

Lastatempe ni havas unu aŭ du fadenoj po semajno, sed ili neniam havas pli da dudek kvin respondoj, kaj duono estas troloj

Learning nihongo.
Kanji is really surprisingly fun. Grammar is fun, but confusing for some reason. Vocab is a grindy downer.

>tfw you write a letter/glyph of another language just right

Vi povas fari fadenon?

Mi faris fadenon lasta semajno, sed estis gramatika eraro en la OP, kaj oni ne povas forviŝi sian propran fadeno, do nun mi timas al fari fadenojn ;_;

>mi faris gramatika eraro kiam skribis respodon pri mia propran gramatikan eraron
Ĵus fikigu mian merdon supren, famo

>DENOVE
Fuck, I need to switch meme languages.
Where is the Toki Pona Russisn?

hvorfor studerer du både

>be in Germany
>can't speak German
>everyone speaks English anyway

why does English have to be the master language? It makes learning other languages irrelevant

Tbf Germany is "Sui generis " like other countries with very good education systems.
The truth is most countries don't have a large English speaking population and if you want to visit it you ought to learn the local language

I'm set on learning German, starting next year. I've already taken some notes from the courses of Duolingo.

On one page I wrote as many information about grammar and sentence structure as I could. On the other I wrote the conjugation of some verbs. And on the next two I wrote all the vocabulary provided to me, followed by its gender if its a noun.

insomnia

Trying to learn French, but it's not a very useful language in Australia. Apparently Mandarin and Indonesian are more useful.

Fug

>ißt
>frißt
Don't do this, they both use ss
>captcha: buka beware

Who /italian/ here

austrian german and koine greek , both пиздeц

>Spent 6 years trying to learn Spanish
>Can translate 80% of written Spanish
>Can decipher

Bonjour, monsieur le Kangourou

Thanks for the clarification.

Does duolingo have a mandarin course?
Is kt good?(if there is one)

It doesn't have one

There are other Mandarin courses like Duolingo. ChineseSkill and HelloChinese.

learning Finnish, because I've always found it a beautiful language. can anyone recommend me some more music? I really like Värttinä, more folk-ish music like that would be nice.

Thank you.
I don't even know why I want to learn this language.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHReqKRvonE

t-thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=xBt1EHwUHYo

very nice, thanks

I only know the English bodybag.

If you learn spanish then italian will be a joke

Italian is quite hard for a skando i think because of wowels and verbal times

So how is it going?

Are they usefull?

I swear next year is the year I'll actually stick with learning spanish.

Well then start today, don't even wait for the new years.

Yeah, they're pretty good.

Studying for finals next two weeks.

Vous aimez une enfant? Je l'aime.
Une fille s'il vous plaît?

Vous aimez une fille ?
Moi j'en aime une.
"une enfant" in your sentence souds really pedo
>Une fille s'il vous plaît?
What did you mean by this ?

お前はおかまです。 :^)

He probably means something to the effect of youtube.com/watch?v=jItz-uNjoZA

me too. rest is pretty acurate, though.

What kind of music do you prefer?

Reviewing for my final exam.

>>youtube.com/watch?v=lXMskKTw3Bc

mi sona ala. ni li pona ala pona: sina ken toki tawa jan pi toki pona pi ma Mewika? :3

Can I ask you why?

youtube.com/watch?v=OWlJyc5ut4M

Man, I hate how Mandarin textbooks baby the students.

Has anyone here used the "Integrated Chinese" textbook in order to learn Mandarin?

Is it any good?

It's pretty tough my dude

It's shit. I mean, it'll teach you the right things, it just won't go into enough detail.

I'd recommend the Beijing Language and Culture University's books, or Peking University's, but you kind of need a teacher for those.

Materials for self-teaching Mandarin aren't all that plentiful, unfortunately.

>Materials for self-teaching Mandarin aren't all that plentiful, unfortunately.
It does seem that way -- thanks for the advice.

I think the guy behind the "Japanese from Zero" books is currently making a series for Mandarin, so hopefully that will be good.

I like his youtube videos and he is nice and all but his japanese books are pretty meh to be frank (I suscribed for a month to his site for $5 cause it gives acess to all the content).

Mostly because it's really slow, use really little kanji and takes forever to teach anything (it takes 4 books to cover less than Genki1+2 which have litteraly half the pages).

The guy is really good at targeting his main audience (underage weeaboos) and teach them something will be able to understand. I can't blame him cause he needs to make money but it's not enough to amount to something if you are really serious about learning the language.

I'm trying to learn German.

So far I've finished basic and intermediate grammar workbooks from Rutledge and went pretty far through duolingo, I feel I have a good foothold in the language, I know some decent grammar but my vocabulary is severely lacking, I really enjoy learning with books, a lot more than by using apps or stuff like that, any German learners could share some books that helped them with their vocabulary?

Also, I'd rate myself at a comfortable A2, do you guys think it's possible to reach B2 by next year June?

By the way, I'd like to add I'm going to start learning Dutch as well, I've made some progress on duolingo and I'm going to start with the basic grammar workbook for Dutch, and advice on learning? Maybe I should take a different route in learning?

Trudging through the grammar isn't much fun honestly, wish I focused more on German vocabulary.

Know any good resources at all? I want to learn Finnish but I can't seem to find any books/websites on the subject. They certainly don't teach it in most schools.