What type of transmission is best and why is it manual?

What type of transmission is best and why is it manual?

>protip: amerifats need not reply

Manual obviously. Easier drive, better fuel economy, can rev more and more easier therefor can drive quicker and you feel more in control of the car. Also if the automatic gearbox breaks then its much more expensive to fix. Fuck lazy ass automatic drivers.

I'm an American.

My M3 is 6MT.
My TSX is also 6MT.

Computer controlled paddle shifting

Manual for when you want to be involved in the driving experience.

Automatic for the daily commute, traffic, etc.

WIN

my 335 is a 6 speed and i'm american so fuck off

Not in any car you can afford

8speed auto

Does it burn that I can afford more than noodles for dinner and stolen wifi?

cvt
cvt
cvt
cvt
cvt
cvt
cvt
cvt
cvt
no

it's cvt obviously

i drive a manual and had one of these as a rental recently. why even bother? worst driving experience ever. yeah let's try and shift while cornering.. oh wait you can't if you want to keep both hands on the wheel

I love my current manual. Car is getting a bit old though and I will be getting a new one soon.

Next car will also be a manual. Oddly enough, it is going to be $2,000 more than an automatic.

Oh, you noticed the dollar sign? Yes, I'm an American. Proud of it. Manual transmissions are a dying breed.

Dual clutch automatic is best.

fuck yourself piece of shit, the last 5 Jeeps I've owned have been MT.

Why would you shift when cornering? Control your car. Paddle shift is for high performance cars that can accelerate through most cornering. Get to know and feel your gears.

Short of an exotic produced within the last 5 years or so, they're absolute garbage.

No, your aston with DCT from the 90's is not good. Nor is the pleb tier shit that is starting to filter down.

Jokes on you europoor, I drive a 96 ranger 4 banger with a 5 speed stick.

CVT is for economycucks

>bum tier
manual for better fuel use control
>comfy tier
automatic for city/heavy traffic driving
>master tier
manual for driving enjoyment
>Sup Forums tier
stop lying none of you own a car

true for pre 1990's transmissions.
Current transmissions that are stock manual/auto, the auto is more reliable now and has less power gap than before. since 1990's with Jeep, ford and chevy using Auto and click shift transfer cases on the entry offroaders. the tech has came a long way to better traction and power. look at 1990's ford explorer, 1990's jeep charokee.. damm good climbers ."not rock climbers" but very good off roaders ..

Amerifat checking in: I drive a 6-speed Mini Countryman because it was cheap as all hell, and I like driving manual.