Alright Sup Forums I've got $7000 and want the fastest car I can get

Alright Sup Forums I've got $7000 and want the fastest car I can get.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sx_1RBk0xWs
youtu.be/EUrfIW4zQmM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Budump

Motorcycles are faster. Get a sweet Vespa

$7000 can get you a decent gsxr

straight line or able to turn?

Get a ratchet SRT4 Neon

and to add onto this, how new do you want it to be?

Turn

And It doesnt matter to me

Buy a 2005 Chevy Monte Carlo SS, they are dirt cheap like you can get one for roughly, $2,000 to $3000.

then invest the other half of your money to upgrading everything.

An Audi 330 Kompressor

Put a down payment on an evo. Pontiacs are garbage. Hell, any American made car is garbage.

They don't handle all that well, they're heavy, and good finding one that hasn't been nigger owned and beat to shit

Subaru wrx is life

94 miata, put a turbo in it to get to your 7k mark
300GT, 240SX, S13/14/15
prelude
rsx
nissan sentra spec-v

just some ideas

Yes if your life is taking penis up your anus

subaru is love
subaru is life

gotemmm

'91 ford fierro

>Straight line fast
80's American car (foxbody, fbody, gbody) LS truck engine swap, LS6 cam, with ebay turbo kit & tune
>turning fast
Schassis, miata, or FC RX7 with LS truck engine swap, LS6 cam, with ebay turbo kit & tune. Then get a good set of coilovers, suspenion arms, chassis bracing, & tires.

how old are you OP?

old fag here trying to override your lack of experience, agressiveness, and ego with good solid advice.

>a car shouldnt be a status symbol, but a tool to help you get where you need to get.

>but you're young, so you're not going to listen.

youtube.com/watch?v=sx_1RBk0xWs

Put down payment on new car and get an auto loan. Any car you get for $7k will be shit

shit advice.

>20 year old detected.

kek

find an old Busa if you want fast they go for under 7 for 10+ year gap models or stripped ones

Shit, I would recommend a Toyota Supra but, good luck finding one.

2007 Mercedes c230 kompressor turbo 7-8k

Motor strapped to a big wooden board with wheels on it

Nobody's asking the real important questions here.

1. Do you have ANY mechanical experience at all?

2. Are you capable of installing aftermarket parts on your own?

3. Do you have the money to pay someone to do things you don't know how to?

4. Do you have the space/tools to do things that you DO know how to?

Until I know this, I can't recommend shit.

get a prius, faggot

>American
Grand Prix GXP
Mustang 5.0 (Fox body)
2002 Camaro
C4 Corvette

>Japanese
300SX
280SX
Lancer Ralliart
Acura Legend/Honda Prelude
RSX

they're all 16 years olds taking about SPEEED and being TOO FAST AND TOOOO FURIOUS without accounting for any of the things you mention or gas, etc.

>mechanical engineer here. fucking kek at young people.

This. Everyone here is telling this dude to get little ricer shitboxes that will only be worth a crap if he has the time/patience/room/experience to build them and constantly fuck with them for the next 4 years or pay someone to do it, and since he only has 7k for a car, he probably can't pay for any of the work. Not to mention good fucking luck finding an S13 or anything like that that hasn't been absolutely pounded to death or half-riced horribly by some shitty white kid.

You're all fucking 15 or you're trolling the shit out of this kid.

Wrx love

this is fucking Sup Forums not car advice general, theres a fuckin board for that. why are you mad that people are just giving him car suggestions and not "heres a guide on how to life first" shit.

Honestly it depends on commitment to what you're doing.
I bought an abandoned project when I was 17, knew jack shit about it, had it sit for months, got it going, broke it, had it sit for a year, then got it fixed again. Learned how to work on cars along the way, & used it as practically a resume to get a job working at a shop since I only went there to mount tires & they watched the progression of the car as I learned how to work on it & overhauled it.

Grand Prix GXP v8 is a quick car...

is that a grand national? does v8 killer mean anything to you?

2004-2006 GTOs are great cars. I had one for about 5 years until I sold it simply because I needed a truck for work and couldn't afford having two cars. You can grab an '04 for under ten grand depending on mileage and condition, but expect to see a lot with high mileage (90,000+). The 05-06 would be the better buy because of the larger engine, better brakes, and better appearance and stuff that was more or less improved over the 04, but expect to pay $15k+ depending on where you are. 05-06 models hold their value much better than the 04 despite menial performance differences on the street.

That being said, they're very user friendly, easy to work on, tons of mods out there (because it's an LS engine car), gets decent gas mileage for what it is and it turns heads. Put a decent set of longtube headers and some quality mufflers on it and it turns even more heads because it sounds like a monster just sitting there. Never mind wide open throttle.

Just my two cents, OP. If you're looking for a fun car to get around in and don't need something that can haul a big toolbox and you're not worried about the winter very much, then I'd go for a GTO. 8/10 would own one again.

Oh, and they turn a lot better than people think. They're pretty common at several autocross events and they do pretty well. The only thing I would recommend would be to do a little suspension work, because they have natural suspension issues for some reason. Nothing crazy. Just replacing the stock shit with polyurethane bushings and some meatier springs and shocks turns them into a whole new car.

Old volkswagon bug, maybe 1500, dump the rest into a motor rebuild, add a turbo and new transaxle

Yea, contrary to what I said in my post the Buick still has a turbo v6 & the 240sx has a SR20 swap, lel

Do this, buy a mint Hayabusa engine for like 2-3k, have someone install it for a couple grand.

Be the coolest fucking dude in your town.

It's nice to see a GN with its original heart. I do love seeing those things with a V8 swap and twin turbos or nitrous, but it's better to see some that weren't molested like hell.

Is it yours?

Found the mad rice-dick

From experience? Old turbo Saab with turbo upgrade. Or a Lexus ls400. Mazdaspeed 6 is nice and all wheel drive.

Fuckin retard who can't figure out how to use a wrench detected. Kek

+1 for Saab but ONLY if you can fix your own cars and have lots of patience or know a good mechanic who SPECIFICALLY has experience with Saabs or at the very least VW/BMW. Had a '98 9-3 Aero and even totally stock it was the most fun car I've ever driven with 4 cylinders.

Plus they're fucking neat cars.

Pic not related?

Refers a lancer ralliart. Kek.

>Mechanic here. I've never met a mechanical engineer capable of doing anything mechanical.

Pic not related.

So much this

Get a $1000 Honda Civic and spend the rest on cocaine and LSD

Gtfo gramps your gout called its wondering where you wandered off to.

AHAHAHAH op asks for fast can and puts a rebadged holden

Dakota West is a Fagot

Its all the elderlyfag cancer that just needs to die off already.

buy a foxbody mustang make sure its a 5.0 and manual, easy to work on and quick. also many parts available for whatever you chose to do with this car.

Early 2000's Buick Regal GS with aftermarket supercharger and chip.

youtu.be/EUrfIW4zQmM

seconded. The only thing worse than a retarded engineer is an engineer who hasn't done shit with their degree and brags about having the degree.

Friends, I have the SR20 swap 240sx

I'm not your friend, fagot.

I'm not your fagot, pal

not me
nice. what cars have you had previously, or is have you had this for a while?