Probably going to buy my first gun tomorrow. Decided to go with a Remington 870 20 gauge for home protection...

Probably going to buy my first gun tomorrow. Decided to go with a Remington 870 20 gauge for home protection. So what should I expect from this process? What all do I need to bring etc.... Also can you buy ammo at the same place/time (bass pro)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4P7BNcw1lj8
armslist.com/posts/5490760/charleston-south-carolina-shotguns-for-sale--remington-870-express-magnum-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dont get the 20 gauge get the 12 its better for home protection. what state are you in and are you buying from a store or from somone

I figured a 20 would be really easy to shoot. Im in Tennessee and am planning on going to Bass Pro Shop to get it.

dude if you ever have to use it, you wont feel the kick. I had a smith and Wesson 500 and was surprised by a brown bear. it followed me for awhile and was "interested". I could tell it wanted sex. I offered my self to him, and was validated.

20s are fun not a lot of recoil get buck shot 2 3/4
all they do is make you fill out some info on a laptop then run your info through a background check even if you fuck up alot with tickets and shit there wont be any trouble easy as shit. if i were you. i would get it from a private seller with a bill of sale im in sc thats what we do much better i think. a private seller is basically anyone

I would but I have no idea where to look for a private seller. Any site suggestions?

just get the 12 gauge faggot, you won't even feel the recoil if you have to shoot someone you'll be so full of adrenaline

lay off the Mt. Dew bro

if you are full size get a 12 if small frame 20 is great 12 has easy ammo sourcing managing heavy recoil is a matter of relaxing and taking it vice fighting it I can routinely shoot 200 rounds of 12 on a skeet day without bruising and pain and I am 5'8 170 but I am way more experienced than most.

>Remington
Enjoy your rust

>20ga
Got a glass shoulder or something

the 870 was designed for 12 gauge, and shoots quite comfortably with it.

More to the point, it's cheaper, and so is the ammo. It's more practical all around.

20 guage 870? What are u a fag? Get a 12

im like 5'10 150ib

very unexperienced so I only guessed to go with 20GA whats the benefit of a 12?

Get the 20 and a shorter barrel, I'be got the youth version my dad got me years ago when I was little. Might sound weird, but it's just so short and compact I find myself loving it as an adult. 20 ga has enough stopping power to put down just about any nig nog dindu, but the penetration is low enough to reduce the chances of collateral damage. Regardless, Remington 870 is a good choice, 12 or 20. Load it with home defense rounds, obviously.

go on armslist.com choose tenessee and search remington 870 20 really easy. print out a bill of sale and take it with you. get both paties to sign and make a copy so if the gun is hot they know its not you.

Get a Mossberg 500 12ga
Easier to fix yourself
20ga shouldn't exist anymore

Buy a Mossberg Maverick 88 and spend the rest of the money on ammo so you can practice, newfag

>adolescent rambo fantasy
>but my home is in danger

you say you're getting it for home protection,

12 > 20 in shot output

>trying to save your life from lethal force
>dont wanna get potentially bruised instead

lots of truth with this post and I shoot shotguns weekly and own 6

Rem 870's are too expensive and new ones are shitty, get a Maverick 88 you queer

I live in the murder capital . Shit gets weird and I want to be ready if need be.

So OP have you decided yet?

870s are not expensive its the best bang for your buck

Holy shit a thread where people know what they're talking about. Seriously op, 12 gauge.

I still am leaning on the 870 20 but Ive never heard of the 88 so about to check that out.

It is true though, when it's time to pull the trigger in a serious situation you probably won't feel it. Even while hunting, I shot an elk three times in the heart with a 7mm as it just stood there and didn't feel more than the gun shift position in my arm. I hated having to sight it in because it would hurt to pull the trigger.

commonality and variety of ammo you can get 12 anywhere for cheap. A mavrick 88 is awesome and about $200 spend some on a limbsaver pad and ammo to practice till you are comfortable and learn to relax not "brickwall" the shot let your body twist and snap back like rubber vice leaning into it and taking all the force

get a 10 gauge shotgun with nitro slug rounds. and stop being a pussy.

I dont know what that means

$300 or $400 for a decent one! But only $150 to $250 for a mossberg maverick 88

old or new remington? post 2007 remingtons are full of problems and covered in rust

i bought a 20 gauge 870 for 125 in pefect condition bro

Save your money and move poorfag

Get a wingmaster! Top of the line 870's

I own 2 870's a 88 a 500's and a Benelli and a Beretta

I stand by a 88 for a first shotgun if you want a pump or a HR single action break if you want a good starter bird gun

so buying new at bass pro is a no go

guess i should check that site

it means grow a dick, pussy.

You know the lower the gauge the larger the shell right? 10 gauge is the largest I've seen in stores and a slug is a shell that's loaded with a single solid led or metal bullet instead of a bunch of small balls.

why don't you sand it down, paint it desert colour

Shut up you stupid liberal, men are talking

Just get a really nice airsoft

>a bunch of small balls
do you have something to tell us, user?

thank you . I didnt say I was scared just want to be ready.

>hurrdurr guns god and naskkkar

Get out of here nigger

You can check out gunbroker
It's an online auction site for guns. Both private and licensed sellers post guns on there.

armslist.com

honestly its hard to get a truly piece of shit shotgun we all have our favorites though lol

This. The kick is negligible if you aren't a fairly small human. Anyone over like 160 lbs with proper stance should be fine.

The 12ga 870s are higher quality, definitely the best shotgun in its price range. And the ammo is cheap as fuck, and available anywhere. Get small enough shot so as not to pierce walls, and you have a fantastic home defense weapon. Bigger shot for trap/skeet, and obviously get the appropriate shot for whatever game you're hunting.

n-no, it's an average size ballsack

H&r pardner is also a decent choice for an entry level 12 guage. Get the one with the shorter barrel though, the 18" I think. I spent ~350 and walked out with the gun, a hard case, and a box of buckshot. Also, if you asked for a trigger lock, I'm pretty sure they are required to give you one. Get a trigger lock, don't be a nigger.

Alright, well see who will be laughing when you get robbed, raped, and killed for lack of protecting yourself

You're a nigger for living in such a shit town. I'm all for guns for sport but ur all faggets if u think ur all gonna white knight rambo yourselves

No that thing is a jamomatic

Depends on your state. If you're not in a nanny state it'll take 15 minutes and you can get ammo at the same time.
Get 00 buck shot, something low recoil to help alleviate shooting through a whole lot of drywall.

go with a mossberg m590a1

youtube.com/watch?v=4P7BNcw1lj8

I'll be laughing when you die of accident gun discharge

Never once jammed on me. Run quite a few rounds through it too

Guns for self defense and defense of our rights as Americans

You should get a nice 22 rifle

Unlikely, due to my experience around firearms, unlike you who fears what he does not understand

Very true with pumps and breaks semi auto's some IMHO that is a different topic quite a few are total crap.

Oh yea and the gimmicky mossbergs like the chainsaw those are shitty pump guns

i got a 10/22 never had a better gun man ruger has some high quality shit

Ur the white trash version of the sand nigger driving through the desert with their AKs

I've heard a lot of shit about it, I guess some are just faulty

Get a semi auto 12, it's easier to shoot than even the 20 and it's much more effective

OP, go with this. Armslist is goat, and that's coming from a /k/ommando

Even a 22 will punch through drywall, you risk going through walls, especially interior ones. I guess of you live alone in the building but I have a wife and kids I'd rather avoid shooting.

I think that can happen to any gun if you don't take care of it. Especially cheap shotguns

Why are you still talking? Just leave you autistic fuck

I love my 10-22, it's a fantastic rifle. I also have a 9mm P85, and it's meh at best.

Agreed

Remington's quality control has gone to shit over the past decade.

Get a Mossberg 500 or 590.

>man breaks into my house
>I get behind bed in my room
>aim toward door
>shoot intruder as he enters room
>"hurr durr rambo wannabe! guns and god dum redneck"

lol learn to take care of your shit user

Hey OP, what is your budget?

i have a mini 14 best damn thing ever. i like it more than my ar

Itt: fake tough guys compensating for a baby dick and/or napoleon complex. Put the 20 gauge up your ass and blow your brains out, niggergarbage.

>armslist.com
yeah Im looking now. I just found a tactical 870 12 GA for 370obo

I have an old wingmaster I love it but remington has gone to shit

Now that's edgy.

Thanks for the bump bro, here's your (you)

I love Armslist, it's very useful

Oh yeah I forgot that happens all the time. Maybe you can shoot the gun out of his hands too

Bad for the wallet tho

I know, then they bought out Marlin and has been shitting all over that

Is a remington 1100 20GA from 1966 good?

Ikr

Yup.

Your absolutely correct. The next time someone points a firearm at you please reiterate this opinion to them. I'm sure it will save you.

armslist.com/posts/5490760/charleston-south-carolina-shotguns-for-sale--remington-870-express-magnum-
there some good deals on here just gotta look

Do your family a favor and shoot yourself

if you're not sold on the 870 consider an ithaca pump shotgun like a 37 (love my featherlite with that deerslayer slug barrel). also stoeger makes a very reliable and cheap double barrel if you are interested in home defense and versatility. you can shoot basically any kind of shell out of them.

600$ reasonable?

I have a Mossberg 12 pistol grip. Get a 12 for home/self protection. Or how about one of these? A M70 fully automatic with a magazine?

Lmfao

Either the 12 ga or 20 ga will do well for what you want it for. I have both a 12 ga 870 and a 20 ga Browning. I love them both. I started shooting with the 12 ga around 8 years old or so and the recoil absolutely sucked, but now I'm 5'8 about 140 lb and it is absolutely no problem to unload 100+ shells. Just make sure you find a range to go and get some shooting in before you really need it.