How deep in debt are you for your education?

How deep in debt are you for your education?
What's your occupation? Was it worth it?

Pic related. My mail.

Other urls found in this thread:

1312484.igenapps.com/go-figure#0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sorry op

>image.jpg

Friendly reminder that this has been posted from an Apple mobile device and you can close the thread and let it 404, folks. Meanwhile, I'll sage it. No need to thank me, just doing my friendly bit to make this board great again.

Learned a trade.

No debts.

Probably going to make 50-70k a year depending on how much I feel like working or pursuing other tickets.

Might not seem like much, but having absolutely no debts whatsoever makes up for it entirely.

Not about how much you make, but what you do with it.

Edgy

Thats what you get for maxing out your loans every year, dipshit.

What trade? And how many years of getting shit pay as an apprentice?

None, G.I. Bill. Still work for the Government. Yes, yes it was.

I felt bad about not getting a degree for years. Now I have 260,000 in savings and am making 44,000 a year.

Am I making much a year? Nah. But I still feel like in a good position especially since I can get more promotions.

>went to college
>graduated in like 5-6 years
>Couldnt find a job
>Well, didnt really try to find a job
>Go construction
>Wtf is prevailing wage/public works
>Earn $72/hour on weekends
>I do work that an illegal can do
>work only 25 hours a week
>It's great.
>but I spend 75% of my paycheck on Thailand vacations, banged over 500 bar girls in 5 years.

Machinist, 3 year program making 14-19 an hour and full rate upon grad

school and tools were all free.

didn't pay a dime for shit. just started making decent money right out of HS. The downside is obviously, working full time while your buddies are all partying and having the time of their lives at schools.

Thinking about going back and getting a millwright ticket, or even saving up and paying outright for University in Mechanical Engineering since the trade and the degree would go hand-in-hand and look great on my resume.

Better to get shit pay for years than to rack up debt.

Bullshit. There's no machinist program readily available unless your daddy or some other family member got it for you.

LOL Gi Bill, Fed Tuition Assistance (TA) (from National Guard), State TA From (National Guard), and Hazelwood. I don't think I will ever see school debt.

> study
> scholarship.jpg
> $0 debt
> $105k @24

Feels good man

how's it feel knowing taxpayers funding your whole fukking life your pawn to society?

The personal investment is the only thing that matters. There will always be money to made, and long after your body has quit you can still use your mind productively. I am 26k in the hole halfway done with undergrad. I figure by the time I am 50 I need to be balls deep in a Ph.D. program. At the moment I am 40. Doors of opportunity are my goal.

I will admit, part of it was luck. Not daddy or connections, just luck of the draw; right place at the right time.

But trades are absolutely killing for skilled talent right now.

The nu-male faggot generation looks down upon trades; they're viewed as not glamorous, dirty and decent at best pay.

If you have a decent head on your shoulders and know a friend or two in the trades, chances are you'll find something.

Canada btw, if that helps.

great? I paid my debt to society by serving the government. how does it feel that you will not see free college because bernie is losing?

btw, i also work as a database admin, so you know what they say:
money money money mone-e-ey MONEY!

I worked $11/hour, commuted, in-state school, like a responsible human being, never been in #1 debt in my life thus far. Not one of those liberal phaggots. #trump

This guy gets its

$1 not #1*

Trades are shitty jobs that doesn't deserve salaries above the average.

I'm glad my country imports shitskins and pays them dirt to take care of it.

you should probably aim higher then? I started off as a tech support rep getting paid 17$/hour and getting raises to 22$/hour til i left the company for a better job.

I'll help you out nigga, the company was called Bigcommerce.

>he stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

>Trades are shitty jobs that doesn't deserve salaries above the average.

Entirely depends on the trade and the actual workplace.

For example, machinist. You could either:
>A) push a green button on a CNC lathe and maybe change 1 or 2 numbers all day and call yourself a "machinist"

or
>B) What I do. Make prototype, one off parts on both CNC and Manual machines, as well as by hand, know a thing or two about skills outside the trade to help with jobs, do one-off, custom parts for automotive, defense, nuclear, medical and aerospace industries to name a few. Not to mention programming and computer knowledge is a must.

The numbers are so skewed because A) is where most people as well as "imported shitskins" end up. They don't get paid well and don't deserve to, but still hold the title of a Machinist.

Whereas the 12 people total in my shop who make 30+ an hour don't do much to help the average or median, but it's highly skilled work and something that can never be outsourced.

It's like that with almost every trade, that's just an example for being a Machinist.

Was able to pay for my studies with home office job. Was like 450 euros per month.
Now I work from my mommies home. Doing some seo/sem bullshit and making webshops for small companies. Mommie thinks I'm unemployed. Got 225k € saved so far. Will suprise her one day when I buy the house.

Good luck when a shitskin plumbs your natural gas wrong and your house blows up, or wires your electrical wrong and burns your house down, or doesn't vent your plumbing properly and your house fills with sewer gases.

Trades /= construction general labourer.

I agree with what you are saying, but you still have competition. Not necessarily outsourcing the job, but you do compete with Home Depots illegal immigrant department. I don't mean specific as a machinist, but in general all other trade jobs.

you dumb fuk, public works is $72/h BY LAW on weekends, look it up.. Doesnt matter what you do, if its public works its public works. Google it. CA.

I just got hired at a new job but I kind of hate it. It's customer support for blenders, so I don't really give a shit about it. I also got accepted into grad school around the same time to get my doctorate in Psychology, but it's unfunded, would take about 5 years, and I'd go $100,000 into debt.

I'm thinking about becoming a counselor now and going back and working part-time at my old job since they're hurting for employees.

inb4 bernieorbust

>phaggots
>#trump
kys faggot

this. feelsgoodman

4k, tuition is 9k a year and i hate my fucking life, but ~50k-75k just to be able to party isnt gonna fly

> but you do compete with Home Depots illegal immigrant department. I don't mean specific as a machinist, but in general all other trade jobs.

It's the same in all other trade jobs. The ones who are highly skilled (but few and far between) will never be replaced and never really have other competition, other than other highly skilled people.

Imported shitskins will never, ever put a dent into actual SKILLED tradespeople.

It's the people who call themselves a "tradesmen", when in reality all they so is push a button at a factory, change tires at a mechanic shop, etc. They're the ones you're probably talking about and I agree with you. But that's unskilled work.

how's it feeling contributing literally nothing to society and just being a leech off other peoples money?

Medical students pay for their own graduate education?

I'm a PhD student for theoretical physics and it's free. They even give me a salary.

40K of debt for a 4 year degree

My starting pay is only $20/hr but I chose my current employer because they do loan forgiveness and if I work for them for 3 years they'll forgive half my loans. Which is still shitty. I'm retarded I know

$0 in debt, worked through school and kept scholarships up
Chemical Engineer from best public engineering school within 1000 miles
Definitely worth it, though school sucked hard

Currently making $90k in a low cost of living area

Gonna retire in my 50s, depending on the market.

Yeah and all these faggots who claim to be 23 with a 100k salary were born and their da das payed for their degrees. Lives devoid of achievement or character.

Debt ? None at all and still a world class education. That's master race Denmark for you

OP.... Do you have a job in medical field? If so stfu.... You're going to make shit loads of money...

If you're smart with your money that doesn't sound bad whatsoever

$0

Senior Cloud Engineer (AWS/GCP/VMWARE). Education provided by Barnes & Noble.

Holy fuck are you cancerously stupid.

I'm french, universities are free

30k without interest

Another Portlandfag.

*highfive*

Nigger detected

Are certs really enough to get you far?

You sound like you have no friends.

Faggot.

I'll have to deal with a lot of bullshit since I'll be working in the gang territory surrounded by 99% AAs. Which is why they have the loan forgiveness to draw young idiots like me in

High five return! Sad that I got to leave for residency :(

Fuck off faggot.

15k so far, physics undergrad, got 1 more year to go and not going to grad school

luckily I had a lot of scholarships for first few years but either ran out or lost them over time

Just make sure you return after the big one strikes. Especially, if you're in sw portland on a hill

Yep. They figure our salary is high enough in the future to justify charging the fuck out of us for education

My brother got his welding certificate at the career center in high school and he was making $80K on the oil rigs in Texas because of danger pay until he decided to join the Army and let them pay for everything.

Now he's getting paid to sit on a beach in Hawaii when he's not working on trucks. Army Mechanic would recommend

None. I make about 60k a year selling car insurance. My employer paid for all the licensing crap.

sorry,
was for you.

I had about 8.5k debt for 4 years of college. Went to a community college then transfered into a good engineering school. Just graduated and already making 29.75 an hour. Should be able to pay off that 8.5k. Won't say who I work for but its software engineering. Totally worth it.

0 certificates, honestly, no one fucking cares about them.

All hands on experience. $90/hr at an insanely flex job. I was making more in the valley, but chose to move to Florida for quality of life. Everything is dirt cheap and money goes so much further. Only downside is if I get fired, finding a new job will be near impossible without relocating.

On the flip side, I also have a background in Engineering. Knowing both operations and engineering concepts goes a lot further in the cloud vs. having very one sided knowledge. Telling an engineer why AND how goes a lot further.

>80k a year for medical school
you're retarded

>get full ride to wealthy private school for k-12
>get full ride to exclusive private university
>get almost full ride to medical school
bout to start medical school and should finish without ever having a loan
>not even a richfag

checked

~25k in debt

I work retail for minimum wage

Not worth it

And that's a real problem. Doesnt matter how good you are, just how many hours. Fucking lame.

Feels good man, the VA pays tuition, books, and rent. Stop being a piss baby.

that is less than what a new farm combine costs
we pay them off in 3 tears typically

what do you mean? Do you mean me, for serving in my nation's Army?

Dude, I go to school, working on my master's full time, and i work full time. The Army has taught me to be product not some lazy bum waiting for a handout.

Also guess what? on top of all the school benefits (which is the MAIN reason I join, I didn't want any debt or my parents paying for my shit) I also get disability, so extra money coming in from the VA. I'm rolling in it faggot

Nice bro. Good for you. I wish I was in your shoes today

tfw asian

>be me
>be father of two girls
>be responsible
>1st one in PhD program, debt-free
>2nd one in Masters program, debt-free
>mfw responsible Dad

tl;dr: Don't spawn them if you aren't will to educate them.

i figure i could pay it off in 3 if I lived in the cheap. What do you farm? Dank memes?

My brother is also in the Army and his only bills are phone and internet. The gov pays for everything. He blows his paychecks on whatever he wants. Everything is covered, medical, housing, food, transport

but I'm white

are you using the vocational rehabilitation and education?

I joined as an electrical apprentice straight after high school, making 19 an hr while i study for my journeyman test
Laborous at times but worth every minute because i have zero debt and a skill no one can take away
>Cheers tradebro!

same here

I am no longer in active duty, but I do miss having the medical insurance. Pay almost nothing for surgeries and shit. Now I have to pay for medical insurance just to avoid the tax man.

You sound like a cuck, so I bet you're not even their real father.

>denmark
>masterrace

top kek

Dad not love you? sorry man.

I hope you like medical work. You'll have to do a lot of it to pay off all that.

I have a picture for that too

Why? What's wrong with using apple?

Right now? +$1500, give or take.... But then, I was a bit irresponsible with my GI bill payments this last school year.... Next year, I should be able to put a lot more away...

I earned my free college in Afghanistan, and it's even easier than that!! But, of course, Liberal shit-stains can't be bothered to even be the POGiest piece of shit burger-flipper or tent-builder or any other menial bullshit military job that doesn't leave the US because that would mean putting in some sort of effort, even if it's very little effort.....

Seriously, military service is fucking awesome!! If you don't want to be a goddamned American hero like me and my Infantry brethren, you can still be a piece of shit POG and get your college paid for, even while IN the military! Further, you'll learn respect, honor, integrity, leadership, and your service even transfers to college credits based on training attended and MOS!! Also, it'll teach some of you gnasty fucks to be far less gnasty... Be it a messy-ass pad, or gnasty personal hygiene.

There are a few drawbacks (pic related, Big Green Weenie always fucks you), but nothing worth doing is ever easy...

You'd have to be a FOOL to not join if you want free college!

How do people borrow that kind of money?

$0

Systems Engineer (IT)

Love my job, work half the hours of my college educated friends, and make six figs.

Would recommend. Easy to get into at low levels with essentially infinite skill ceiling that translates into more and more money.

>bieng this autistic

Tits get you far, Paid

shit, you brought up a good point too, you also earn college credits for your work AND experience which makes you a good candidate to be hired in places where its entry level and asking for 2-3 years of experience.

and like you said, all you gotta do is put up with some bullshit, but totally worth it.

Holy SHIT is this seriously normal in America???

This op

for med school? yeh

How do they expect anyone to pay this back? It would take an ordinary doctor decades to pay this back.
Is medical school not gratis like normal graduate school, btw?

Easy to get into? What did you study exactly?

No, just Chapter 33.