Marijuana, legal or not?

Marijuana, legal or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K38h0W2bZrQ
1312484.igenapps.com/go-figure#0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

legal

Legal

People will live as they see fit. The government is trying to govern from the rear... the trailing edge of history. Useless.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal in most places.

Well it's illegal
But it should be legal
I don't even smoke and I am sure it should be legal

Look how drunk people behave
Look how many alcohol deaths

Look how stoners behave
Look how many alcohol deaths

I don't understand the world

youtube.com/watch?v=K38h0W2bZrQ

I'm all for legality, but saying that stoners behave good (I think that's what you're implying), they might not do stupid shit and all that but they are like brainless zombies, they are so fucking thick you can barely have a conversation with some of them.
And before you reply, yes there are exceptions, same with people that are drunk.

>
Yeah, i know that it's illegal in most places but I just wanted Sup Forums's opinion

Honestly, pic related should become the reality

you can't compare alcohol and weed in that context. everyone with a brain knows that weed is less dangerous, but it has drawbacks of its own, like short term memory loss, long term memory loss after extensive use, reduced libido, and psychological addiction (the inability to derive happiness without marijuana).

K

This

it doesnt burn out receptors so your not correct. neither does alcahol, however alcahol is a depressant

Sweet quads

a stoner wont get in a pointless fight with you and if they do they will forget it after taco bell or krystal

People can do whatever the fuck they want to themselves.

The issue is second hand smoke or "contact high," which anyone who has any experience with ganja knows is a real thing.

Do I want my kids to get contact high, my pregnant wife, people who just don't want drugs affecting their brain,

how are these people to avoid second hand smoke when bus stops are fuming like Bob Marley's asshole?

Like cigs in Cali, you should only be able to smoke weed in private property to minimize unwanted second hand exposure.

i've been smoking weed regularly since 2005, i don't know exactly what it does to the brain but whatever it does, it damages your memory. and when i don't have it for several days at a time i start to feel depressed and lose motivation.

Agreed

Also it smells like ass most of the time so walking down a street with a bunch of people smoking it would be terrible

keep it privatized, private businesses make their laws, keep it not on state owned grounds. simple

Really, you can't generalize. That's the stupid thing. I know people that melt to the couch immediately. I know people that smoke way too much. I know people who barely smoke at all, just to loosen up or in the same situations non alcoholics would have one or two drinks. I know people that are calmer and more well rounded in general after they smoke. I know people who turn in to morons when they smoke. I know people who it seems to have no effect on. I know people who hate it and feel sick every time.

You have to let adults be adults and deal with the idiots case by case.
Personally, I prefer it strongly to drinking, though I still drink occasionally, have a strong tolerance for liquor and being drunk, and don't often suffer hangovers. I just like it more, it's less disorienting than drinking, I tend to retain most of my reaction cognition and motor skills if I'm not seriously aiming to party, it just gets me in a more friendly joking about kind of mood. I have depression, and More than once I've sat down after a hard day that felt full of defeat and hopeless, taken just a hit or two and reflected on my life, why it's the way it is, and what I can do about it, and come away with a successful plan to advance.
I typically smoke less than 1/16th-1/8th of an ounce per month. Sometimes I don't smoke for months.

Plus think of the tax money you could put into school or job training for the people who don't want to be useless burnouts...

>i don't have it for several days at a time i start to feel depressed and lose motivation.

Your problem isn't the weed. the problem is that you've let your life revolve around it. It would be no different addiction if you were a gambling addict or porcelain egg addict. It's not weed's fault that some people are impulsive and have addictive personalities.

I know people that have smoked all their lives, and they can smoke out all weekend or not even toke for months. People get into ruts where they make anything the center of their life, and it's not that thing's fault unless it's physically addictive, which weed is not.

Legal after 21 with extremely heavy penalties for giving it to minors. Don't let kids fuck their brains while they are still developing, if you want to fuck yourself up when you're an adult that's your choice

Not to be a cunt, but are we whining about smells?
>oh bdur mr. Policeman can u please make law cuz my nose is not satisfied

Live and let live, anons. If it smells, move away 5 steps.

i smoke about two grams per week, i would definitely not call that revolving around weed. i don't even need it every day, it's just something that i look forward to after particularly stressful days. and when i have to give it up for extended periods of time, it makes it hard to get out of bed.

You're an idiot I study at Dartmouth, I smoke mad weed

You don't smoke weed therefore

Invalid

Honestly, dude, coffee is a stronger psychoactive than weed is. You can actually die from a caffeine overdose, too. Are you saying you have to be 21 to do any drugs? Because I don't think you've really though out how much drugs we consume.

I don't smoke but if it became legal I would. I just want to have a lazy saturday where I eat a brownie and watch dumb tv shows. Right now it can be hard to just "chill" because my mind makes me feel lazy for doing it.

it attatches to receptors within the medula, all senses go through the medula except olfactory, you create temporary memories there, so thats why you forget shit. but smells should still register.

I don't want it legalized. The direct result of that is regulation.

I want it de-criminalized, along with all illegal drugs.

Most of the people I know are good people, with jobs, careers, homes, lives, etc. And they also smoke weed. It's not their identity anymore than owning a car or enjoying a burger. It's just something they do and enjoy, and that's how it should be.

People make up all these strawmen to fight and act like weed smokers are some kind of danger or stupid, or ignorant, or "zombies" when you could say the same about anyone. If someone is an idiot and they smoke weed, it's probably because they are an idiot, not because of the weed.

Should I roll one?
Pic related, the guy told me its Moby Dick

Who the fuck names these strains?
I wanna grow my own and name it Buttfucking Fucknugget Kush

Forgot pic

>Who the fuck names these strains?

I'm pretty sure that beyond a couple of international standards (which people mislabel anyway) most of that shit is literally just made up on the spot.

This is why
1312484.igenapps.com/go-figure#0

>Alaskan Thuderfuck

In some places.

There have been studies showing that taking marijuanas before your brain has stopped developing may stop it. As far as I know caffeine doesn't do it. I don't give a shit how psychoactive something is, I care about ruining their brains for their entire lives because they took it while they were too young

I don't think it should be legal because smoking weed is a crime.

Cannabinoids have been shown to be neuroprotective, while stimulants like caffeine and amphetamines are well known neuropathic agents in chronic doses.

I would be interested in seeing these studies you speak of, and I'm trying to be nice here, because I think you mean well, but it sounds like bullshit, friend. There's a lot of misinformation about weed because it happens to be at the center of a for profit punitive system, and the lives and careers of thousands of people in cushy government jobs would be in jeopardy if it was legalized, and those agencies and institutions have a sense of self-preservation irrespective of logic and reason.

El keko topo

Not sure about the nerve cells thing
I'm a smoker and I do have memory problems, but you're on spot with the government employees thing

Would I be a faggot if I said "illegal" would be best even though I don't agree with funding censor militias?

Yes
And now you also have to explain why you're a faggot while I'm smoking a joint

Actually, dude, the study I saw, says just the opposite. Alcohol is harmful to brain development, but Marijuana helps protect the brain from those stresses.

Are you fake and gay? I've been smoking since I was 15 and smoking a quad every week since I was 20. I have 2 reliable jobs, pay my bills and go to university. People think I'm funny and well spoken. If stoners are hard to talk to maybe they just don't like you?

he said some of them, not all. and it's true, some stoners are just too baked to have normal conversations.

okay yeah smoking in public may be a concern, and second hand smoke can be an issue, but more likely than not it will be illegal to use in public like alcohol is. and smoke from weed is far less harmful than tabbaco smoke. not saying its good, just saying less bad.

Dude, a heavy alcoholic is dangerous to himself and other people. A heavy stoner just wants to be left the fuck alone.

>2 reliable jobs
Janitor and dish washer?
Your brain is fried.

Nice strawman. Does it comes with a pitchfork? The texture isn't very life-like, though.