Ichiro is the all time hits leader

>Ichiro is the all time hits leader

Other urls found in this thread:

deadspin.com/ichiro-is-the-true-hit-king-and-pete-rose-can-eat-shit-1782063120
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

man the MLB really fucking hates Pete's guts.

I haven't heard one fan who thinks this, yet all of the media are on it. They're trying to force this.

How many hits would Peter Rose got if he was natty?

EXACTLY

nerds

I think it. I love to see all the salty mlb old fags up in arms that a chink BTFO of Pete "Never Getting in the Hall" Rose

I literally think this.

How could you not?

>be great
>come to USA
>still great
>better than pete rose by eye test
>statistically passes him
Ichiro is great desu

because the japanese league is not the MLB, it's that simple.

It isn't, you're just stupid.

If a player succeeds in the NPB but cant carry his success over, it means his stats don't count.

If a player fails in MLB then dominates in NPB it means the league was weak and he doesn't get to count his stats

If a player.dominates in the NPB, then dominates the MLB, that just affirms his greatness, and he simply worked for those easy hits on his way to dominating everyone. They count.

A-Rod still the best.

they don't, because the japanese league is not the MLB. it's that simple. no other league would allow this, and the only reason MLB is allowing it is because they want to troll good ole Petey until he's dead.

Ichiro could have broken the record if he came over a few years earlier

Don't watch baseball but were his numbers in Japan seemingly inflated compared to when he came over? Some user said Japan is basically AAA ball.

there's a lot of evidence based on his playstyle that he would still have broken the record had he started his career in MLB. for example, he used to be extremely quick and could get on base with a hit that would normally be an out. but even if the japanese league was better than MLB, it still shouldn't count, because this is only about MLB. they are reaching, because they hate Pete Rose with the fire of a thousand suns.

>few years
>Ichiro would have gotten 400 hits per season and broken the record

Lol. There's a good chance he would've broken it if he came over around 20-21 though, but we'll never know how things would've gone

Ichiro was a full time pro in the Japan leagues at age 20. It's unlikely that'd have been the case if he were in the MLB at that time. Pete made the bigs at 22 and Ichiro would have prolly been around that same age. If that were the case Ichiro would not have gotten that close, especially since in their later years Pete was MUCH better than Ichiro.

Taken from Twitter
Age 39-41 seasons:
Ichiro: .258/.300 - 329 hits
P. Rose: .289/.359 - 497 hits

Cuckspin does

deadspin.com/ichiro-is-the-true-hit-king-and-pete-rose-can-eat-shit-1782063120

>thinking any elite-level athlete from at least the last 35 years has been natty

What kind of cookies did you leave out for Santa this year?

Cuckspin are anti white media, of course they're for Ichiro.

I have no idea why any of you guys visit that site.

Some of their stuff is good. I like Drew Magary and Albert Burneko

That's because you don't understand the cancer they are and the cancer they represent to the sports media landscape. Drew Magary is pure unadulterated cancer.

Ichiro is natty because the Japanese have honor

Ichiro was a full time pro earlier because Ichiro is a better player

he was great in japan and he was great in mlb,
and he was great in npb since his first full season, so it's only natural to assume he'd be a pretty good major leaguer then also.
But these speculations don't really matter, Ichiro is one of the GOAT, anyone can see that, and he'll be in the hall before Rose.

and Rose was not better than ichiro in late ages, Rose should not even have been playing

between ages 39 and 42, Rose was a -2 war player. worse than replacement level, and he kept playing for 3 more seasons anyway. he was marginally better then, but still crap, definitely not every day first base caliber. below replacement level over his last 7 seasons.

ichiro between 39 and 42 has been +2.5
he had a crap year last season, no doubt about it, but he just should not have had as much playing time as he did, just like rose should not have gotten the playing time he did for his last 5 or 6 seasons. Rose was a liability to his team for nearly a decade, and playing himself as the player manager and as a fucking first baseman also (who should be able to hit well) just to satisfy his selfish ego to beat cobb's hit record.

Ichiro is still useful for what he is, a spot starter and a late inning pinch hitter or defensive replacement.

Japan league is easier with less competition.

Ichiro wouldn't have been a 20 year old pro in MLB.

It's also weird how many people overrated Ichiro, who I consider to be a good player, but he's not in Pete's class.

he was the best player in japan in 1994 just as he was in 2000.
there's no reason to believe he wouldn't have been a great player in MLB in 1994 just as he was in 2001

it's weird how many people overrate Rose, he really wasn't that great, not on the level of the true greatest anyway. he and ichiro are pretty much in the same class