Any Navy fags browsing? Leaving for basic on Tuesday. Anyone have any tips or anything I should know going in?

Any Navy fags browsing? Leaving for basic on Tuesday. Anyone have any tips or anything I should know going in?
Anything is helpful.
Also, general military service thread, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3LGzRXr8yj4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here's a tip, remember to swallow.

What's long and hard and full of seman.

>you, if you join the Navy

Sup, subfag here, just got back from a 3 month patrol. If you ain't volunteer for subs, do it - surface fleet is literally retarded.

Boot camp ain't shit. Apparently you get ipads now and don't wear boots the entire time. Just keep quite, do as you're ordered and you'll be fine

I have signed for sub duty. What rate are you?

You're literally going to learn how to fold clothes and tie knots. You'll be fine.

Is it a big deal that I haven't read shit in my start guide? I don't know ranks, or the sentry commands. My recruiter told me not to worry about it because I'm going in e3. But I'm a little worried..

Radioman my nigga. What you tryna be?

I've been given shit for this from several people, but I'm going in as a nuke.

You're probably a decently smart person; not everyone joining the military is smart. You're going to be with a bunch of idiots. They'll teach you everything there, and if you come in with ANY prior knowledge you'll be fine.

Navy eh. Ship,out to sea for weeks even months. Don't drop,the soap in the shower.

Should have been a real man and joined Army Boo Yaa

Your behind the curve be prepared to run the card
You actually need to know all that shit for boot camp

I'm a Nuke ET. I recently graduated power school and I'm on hold before going to prototype. Just know that your recruiter probably lied to you to get you to be a Nuke

lol fuck, good luck bro. I used to be a nuke, but dropped out and I've been happier since. Your life is gonna suck, but you get pro pay, so...

Piss. Well, I guess I can study it for a few days and I should be good.

Everyone's going to have some sort of resentment towards you for being a Nuke. Also higher expectations

Yeah, I know he lied to me. He wasn't very good at it, his face would always turn cherry red. But it seems to have great opportunities outside the Navy, and I always wanted to be one. The challenge and subjects are what I look forward to.
Was gonna just go AT, but auto qualified even though I dicked off on the asvab, so I went for it.

Have fun in boot. I don't know if they still do the gas chamber but if they do remember to wipe your eyes when you come out of there to make the pain stop. The instructors will tell you not to do this because it's "dangerous" but they're full off shit. They just say that to test your discipline.

Ya you also need to know your general orders word for word
Thats also being a nuke
Better be good at memorization

Don't go for BM. GET SHORE DUTY. ship life sucks

Former nuke EM (cruiser based) here. If you're a nuke, you will be stuck on the vessel almost all the time. Even friends in subs (both fast and boomer) said that much. Otherwise, as was said before: keep your head down and just slog through the bullshit. It's a job with clearly delineated responsibility and authority. Treat it as such and you'll be fine.

Honestly, I had zero trouble with A school and power school. I've been bored af for the last year and a bit I've been down here in SC.

ITS for life

What's there to do in Charleston? I imagine there probably isn't much down time, but still..

FUCK THAT SHIT. Did my 6 and gtfo. There's no fucking upside. Change that shit if you can! Everybody who told you it was good lied their ass off. Primer from /k/:

Seriously, dude. Did my time as an ELT on the Mobile Chernobyl. FUCK - THAT - SHIT. You're not subject to the UCMJ until you swear in at MEPS. You have leverage. Demand non-nuke or refuse to go.

youtube.com/watch?v=3LGzRXr8yj4

Good luck indeed, life is going to be hard. The pro pay is like 5 bucks a day lol.

A lot of people waste their lives at the smoke pit. There's plenty of downtime. Lots of people go downtown to the club or just stay at the barracks and be nerds. I'm one of the latter. Downtown got boring really quickly

Good luck indeed, life is going to be hard. The pro pay is like 5 bucks a day lol, so not really worth it.

When you hear all hands on dick prepare to swab the poop deck get your arsehole ready.

I got medically separated from boot camp for a medical issue that happened there sadly. Don't be too scared of it, since it's all mental games. Some of the stuff the people there yell at you is cringeworthy, even though it's supposed to "scare" you. It's kind of funny. The only people it "scares" are the ones who are just out of high school. I was going into the nuclear field too, rip

I was in a 900 division there, which is a performance division. Anyways, felt like we were the only people there who actually read and knew our start guide at the beginning of boot camp. Regardless, there's a million more things in your training manual that you learn anyways. When you're eating and stuff you'll be forced to have your face in your training manual reading, so whether you know it before or not you'll be learning.

Protip: develop some sort of routine and don't tell anyone about it. For example, I was always the first one in and out of the shower (better water), first one in and out of the head to shave and all that every morning. If you're the first one done with everything, and can keep out of sight or blend in well (so you don't get assigned something else), you'll get a minute or two of extra rest.

And don't worry about the food, it's great. I even had lobster one day. They said the food is the best there, and on a ship it might be a gamble I guess. I wouldn't know

Joel?

Gaskin?

PS, let me add another protip: I forget the term for it, but try doing extra work for an officer or something around the base in your down time. Try to get out and run errands around the base and stuff, it makes the time go by faster. Like... instead of doing stupid, menial tasks around your compartment, if there's a chance to get out and do something else, do it instead.

Also, post ending in 327 was right. Hemorrhoids. VERY high occurrence in the Navy, just not often discussed. It's why they put extra fiber in ALL the food they serve.

Shit like this is what makes me worry...

Are nukes really as autistic as they say? I'm pretty introverted but if some brony comes up to me and asks me to play MTG, I'll probably get pretty pissed.

Yes and no. There are some who are exactly how you described. Some are pretty fratty. There's a pretty decent mix.

>Navy fags

Why are you repeating yourself?

Yes and no

Yes because a ton of them are nerds, so you'll probably be able to related to some of them in some way, since you're on Sup Forums and probably do something "nerdy"

No, because there's still normal people within the crowd.

You're literally going to meet every kind of person from all over the world there. I met plenty of nigs straight out of africa there

That's reassuring.
Also, how difficult is NPS? I wont be the smartest person there for sure. I auto qual'd, but I doubt that really means much.
I'm 2 years out of highschool, and missed more days in hs than I was actually there.

I have a friend whos a nuke just got back from his first deployment. He said it sucked, but he sucked it up and dealt with it. The navy is what you make of it bro. It doesn't matter what job you get, nuke sucks already, but if you approach it with the right attitude, it won't suck.

To sum up a former nuke: If you hate being a nuke, you probably suck at being a nuke.

Nuke is the only way to go. Those who say other wise were not good enough and are jealous. Nukes normally dont have to do all the stupid bullshit military stuff the non-nukes do, as far as, extra duties. In boot, just do what they say and dont draw attention to yourself. The idiots stand out are the ones who get shit on by the instructors.

It was easy. I didn't do a single study hour throughout. I got a 99 on the asvab, but that shit was a joke too.

I appreciate the responses. I feel more confident in the months to come.

Should've went MAA, only go on ship if you want live overseas and bang hookers on the reg while only working half the month. 3rd class is given to you if you can pass a test. Fuck with guns all day.Or be a pussy stuck on ship/sub doing dick and trading monster for 2 hours of sleep.

So help me god, I will post a picture of my bleeding, hemorrhoidal, asshole if it helps keep this guy from making the same mistake I did.

See my statement above.

But I don't want to be a cop..

Andrew go home.

Gunners mate here. Leave on the 6th.