>your experience

69 years

Jr. Sysadmin
45,000 CAD (I feel underpaid)
CompSci degree,

Probs like $1 maybe 2/wkly

Diesel mechanic
$12 an hour until I get my CDL, then $13, when I drive truck I make $17+
Gunsmithing degree for school, tire shop, construction, gunsmithing, delivery driver, gun assembly

I'd be opening a gun store soon here, but felony charges are a bitch

>hopefully I'm not convicted

Software Engineer
$118,900
Computer Science BS

Computer Systems Analyst
92,000 USD
4 years uni, 3 years intern, 2 years work.

>22
>long drawn-out fart noise

Oilfield truck driver
$34/hr - Average 12-14 hours a day
Have had a Class 1 (Class A CDL) for nine years

>working in ND
>only getting $34 an hour

You're getting fucked and I hope that's AFTER the cut the money fronting service takes

IT Consultant
$135/hr
24 yrs

>22
>awaiting A callback from the IBEW for an electrical craft helper
>~60k annually
>2 semesters of power lineman courses at LATTC ... Worthless BA in Business Admin w/ subfocus in marketing management

Used to be
>22
>Air Cargo Export Supervisor
>40k annually USD
>2 years in job no prior experience

What state?

Sandwich "Artist"
$8/hr
High school kick out

>31
>"development manager" (lol never heard this job title before this shit shack i work at now; i'm a software engineer but now with this job title i have to be fucking sysadmin+network admin+call random non-computer-related contractors+set up owners' christmas toys in their home)
>$52,000 LELELELELELELELELELE
>10 years

can someone give me a mfw for this feeling?

literally everyone in my industry has no idea what they are doing.

i've interviewed almost 20 people for every person i've hired for a total of around 60 interviews this year because i couldn't find anyone competent, and we don't even screen/background check people

btw where should my employer be looking besides craigslist and monster? where should i be looking for a better job?

I'm thinking of becoming a lineman but I'm pretty scared to take out a loan cause my entire family is dirt poor. What is it really like?

>Assuming that the oilfield only exists in North Dakota

>Implying that making $100k last year as a truck driver during a severe industry recession is low pay

>Implying that I got my job through a job placement agency like a migrant worker or fucking peasant

Look to the north. Alberta.

Server at Olive Garden
2.05 plus tips
None, just got hired

90% Indians, right?

Firefighter
8years

"Services"
$50/hr
Started training 32 years ago

man fuck both of you

Medical student (fourth year)
Negative $55,000 / yr. With hopes of minimum wage for the next 6 years.

Nice bro. Stay safe, hope it lasts a while and you dont waste your money like most in the industry

Why you so mad bro? Post your stats up.

only a few eastern/middle eastern candidates

one of them i really liked but he was used to a government gig where he didn't have to do any work and i had a really hard time understanding him through his accent so i had to let him go

Why? jealous your English major didn't pay off?

i'm the "development manager" in

Hardwar/DSP Engineer
BSEE + MSEE + 4 years experience

no english major. johns hopkins courted me in middle school. math prodigy in childhood. could have had a free ride but too rebellious. dropped out in highschool.

Thanks.

It's rough up here and out there right now.

I was with one of the big three well servicing companies for almost ten years as a supervisor before getting laid off early last year along with my entire division, and Trucking was/still is the only thing available in the area that pays.

Nothing - Unemployed for the first time in over 4 years. I left my job due to stress.
$0
Handling money with a high degree of accuracy; employee training; marketing; inventory; accounts payable and receivable; multi-line telephone; customer service; payroll; accounting.

Since when was a college degree experience?

It is SO much different applying certain skills you acquired through a curriculum into the actual world; on an actual job.

And now you professionally lurk Sup Forums, and wonder what could have been. Give me a fucking break

Medical Engineer
170k/ year
4 years by mistake

>taking out a loan
Dude I got my shit free and I made good money... I think its cause Im head of hoisehold with a child and adult sependant tho
If youre dirt poor you should vmbe able to get into most trade schools practically free

The job is pretty strenuous
The way I figured though was if all my stepdads idiot half-a-cunthair-away from being trailer trash friends could do it then it couldnt be that hard its literally

>can you carry yourself and ~120lbs (rarely) of equipment up a pole
>can you understand the basic elements of electricity eg. Ohms law, how to use tools, dont cross etc.
>are you willing to work 16 hours a day 6 days a week
If so then go ahead and make 100k+ with overtime and be well respected amongst the trade union world

>>Assuming that the oilfield only exists in North Dakota

>being an oilfield driver anywhere else right now

>>Implying that I got my job through a job placement agency like a migrant worker or fucking peasant

>implying that's what I said

*shrug*

my last job was waaaaaay better

company had been around for ten years

i worked for them for four

i miss working with good hackers and an owner who doesn't think he knows everything

bookkeeper
40k + benes
2yrs

CNC operator
$15 an hr
4 years

Do firefighter really make that much? I work maybI work maybe one full month out of the year splayed out. Just go to businesses and be like, "you can save this much money if you switch to this network plan using these systems"

>21
>2years
>police officer
Nice try

Hotel receptionist
400$ per month
3 months

rack/stack computer servers
15 an hr
CIS associate degree

ironic. i did Engineering at Hopkins. no shit. 33rd and Charles.

Too much greentext.

I don't know about ND, as I only worked there for a few months back in 2014 on a work exchange program the service company I used to work for had going during our spring breakup, but up in Alberta right now, I am making a king's ransom.

Anything oilfield related here, when there are any driving jobs available at all, pay around 25 an hour, or they get paid per load, or tonnes per kilometer.

Competition gets $100 a load for hauling btrains of frac sand, and they may only do one load a day at times, if at all.

Retail
10-something an hour

It's rough. I only started working a year ago because I chewed through my savings after moving out. Working has been hard on me. It's made me realize how out-of-touch I am and how maladjusted I am socially. People both 4 years younger and 30 years OLDER than me both seem to have this vitality and energy I just don't seem to possess.

It's a struggle for me because my emotional responses tear between wanting to be more like these people, to approach work and life with energy and positivity, and my own natural response of emotional seclusion and putting up a front to deal with the world while biding my time until I can return to solitude.

I just want to have enough money to experience the things that make me happy without being forced to engage with a society I feel I am unfit to participate in.

smashburger cook
9/hr
a couple jobs over the last 4 years

It's not the worst job I've had but it's not that great either. I really thought I'd be done with college at this point but I kinda burnt out on the computer science degree I was pursuing, don't even know what to go for this fall semester.

Janitor
18.50/hr

>20 y/o college student
>Cashier
>$500 a month

How the fuck do I get a better job Sup Forums?
All I see online is shitty retail and fast food bullshit.

>New Orleans Area

Please tell me you missed a zero. If not, is the hotel in the Sudan?

>Sup Forums in a nutshell

Around 90-100k a year depending on ot.
Truck driver
Know how to operate pretty much any heavy equipment and my diploma in buisness admin double major.
(working in the oil and gas sector)

Awww man the oil rigs son

I've got an offer for SAP consulting+programming (ABAP). They are willing to teach me and to pay for the necessary certificates.

Would you do it? Working in the SAP field as an CS graduate? I've never made any experience with SAP so far.

Jesus christ. flipping burgers is not a career children. find something you are good at and run with it. For you /u/nderage fgts, pick something in college that makes you valuable.

>waahhh my mommy told me m major is great!

What exactly do you haul? And where are you based out of?

Doing short haul to the local oil sites near my town, work in the currently burning down town of fort mac alberta

Wendy's chef
$130,000 per year
6'4" tall
9 inch cock

What? Am I a dumbass or does a fry cook really make more than my 4 year degree job?

I work at Wendy's as well. 8 years experience.
Did last year $85,000 (45 hr/week)

You're a customer service robot that was created in 1986? Damn, they really need to update your operating system.

I'm 33 white male.

I'm an independent producer of oil and gas / oil and gas operator. I own an oil company active in Oklahoma and Texas.

I have about 45 BOPD (barrels of oil per day) net to me, so at today's spot price of $47.75 , I make about $2,148.75/day , or around $785,000 per year. I mean less taxes and operating expenses & drilling/completion costs of new wells, so yeah I do alright I guess.

marketing manager
minimal college, actual work experience

That's because you're "programming" in Cad dumbass. That's not underpaid, just keep applying for more jobs.

learn the rules asswipe. lurk for at lest 2 years before posting anything. GTFO

That workover rig looks ghetto as fuck.

Medical student as well
$150,000 in debt, and yes, several more years of minimum wage for the hours you work
4y undergrad 4y med school 3-7y residency/felowhsip

My nigga. Alberta strong. You haul equipment?

At 2,800' it will do the job

Yea I work at a fast food making 100k with 4 years experience.

Crowd controller + Bouncer.
22$ hr
1 Year. Get a good discount at the clubs i work at.

Did till it all burnt down hahaha, cant wait to get home though, loads of ot

Scrub way.

Yeah, once the mandatory evacuation is lifted, it'll be a madhouse up there.

>23
>Gas utility appliance service representative
>$65000
>Just started from being a simple gas meter installer for 2 years

>$150,000 in debt, and yes, several more years of minimum wage for the hours you work

I guess I would kill myself or abandon my country with that amount of debt.
It's really a chain you put yourself onto.

>t. germany with free education and no real University/College tuitions

>23
>assistant property manager
>$28.50/hr
>let's not make this a resume

>21
>no job
>$0.00/year
>none because no place will hire me because I don't have experience but you need to get hired to get experience but you can't get hired without experience I fucking hate it here

No one in here who can take this question on?
I'd be really happy if anyone could

>Reservoir sample

>Powerade bottle

>Mom And Pop Resources Ltd.

Contamination, how does it happen?

Aye fuck you.
What rule did I break?
Stupid little sorry cunt.

Servicetechnician
$70,000
5 years

What about medical schools in Germany?

The average medical student in the US has over $150,000 in debt.
In general: $25-50k x4y for undergrad, $50-60k x4y for medical school, and then in residency you make $40-60k/y while working over 80 hours a week.

>23
>apprentice electrician
>$16 an hour
>almost 3.5 years

qualify in august then i will earn $30+ an hour, while paying to do courses on instrumentation, technicians courses and plc/microprocessors. then im set to do whatever i want in electrical. could contract for around $55-$70 an hour or become a plc engineer at 80k+ a year. or move to aussie to be a crane technician and earn 170k a year. so things are looking aite

>Being this autistic

joblessfag
zero dollars
jack shit

Nice man.

Welder
35/Hour
Welding shop in highschool and a 2 year welding school.

>>none because no place will hire me because I don't have experience but you need to get hired to get experience but you can't get hired without experience I fucking hate it here

Wew lad that's a nice excuse, haven't heard that one before

What the fuck are you talking about?

Bullshit. Fuck off to Maccas or some other shitty fast food hellhole and work. They're always looking for losers.

Why are you stuck where you are? Surely you couldn't strike out for somewhere else for a fresh start.

If I had a list of all the applications I've filled out and turned in, I'd show you. But there isn't a place in my town that I haven't applied to, not a single phone call.

Yeah I only operate like 35-40 wells, wouldn't want to be a major. And I like to buy used equipment. Makes more sense to me, hell of a lot cheaper. You don't need anything fancy to get the shit out of the ground and make some good money. If it ever hits $100 again I'll sell everything I own and start over.

Hard to move with no dollars.

>22
>Retail Consultant for a wireless company (corporate, fuck third party)
>bout 35k USD plus around 12-15k commission (A Store)
>1 year in sales, 4 in Auto body, 1 in general clerical/administrative
(worked in auto body since i was 16)
>High School Diploma

I just work my ass off. Exp > Degree any day.
Unless you get a trade degree like welding electrical or otherwise, a degree is going to be worthless.

Kinda dying inside tho. Sales made me hate people.

>24
>Server in catering hall
>15k a year
>Have over 8 years worth of hospitality service and social experience with a BA in Sociology & Anthropology. Dunno wtf I can do with that honestly since I need certificate requirements& internships to work in that field... fuck me I'm looking in civil service exams

Professional Shit Poster
5 Good Boy Points per Day + 10% discount on Tendies
NEET for my whole life

Video editor, producer
50k CAD
4 years

What's Maccas? Speaking of shitty fast food hellholes, I applied at Burger King, the only fast food place in my town. Nothing from them.