Hey Sup Forums recently got a leopard gecko and I was curious about something...

Hey Sup Forums recently got a leopard gecko and I was curious about something, he crawls underneath his carpet all the time and will only stay out of it if I hold him is this normal?, as well he doesn't seem to be eating much I feed him live crickets and mealworms, is there something I'm doing wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

geckoforums.net/f126-general-care-husbandry/73293.htm
leopardgeckocare.net/different-types-of-reptile-substrates-and-bedding/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shameless self bump

Have a bump friend.

bump, buddy.

What do you mean by his carpet? Can I get a picture of his home?

geckoforums.net/f126-general-care-husbandry/73293.htm

your gecko is most likely fine bro, they are nocturnal cold blooded reptiles and arent very active except at night when they come out of their hole. even at night they arent super active. if it is eating it will be fine

I bought some carpeting from the store I got him from and here

Thanks guys

There is always the exception that proves the rule. Show us your tank and setup OP

turn the fucking light on for christs sake

The thing is he isn't eating like at all and even at night he stays under the carpet

Its a red light man that's why the rock is red

leopardgeckocare.net/different-types-of-reptile-substrates-and-bedding/

try buying wax worms...might even be cheaper from bait shop

I will drive out to one tomorrow thank you

"For young gecko or juveniles, I strongly suggest that you place them on paper towel or kitchen roll to avoid any impactions. Keep your young leopard gecko on paper towel until they are at least six months old. Certain gecko owner may keep them until around six inches long."

there you go

Geckos are reptiles, meaning that they need warmth from external sources. When it is in your hand or under the carpet, it is being warmed.

have a bump friend. ur curious. maybe google typical gecko behavior in a house

you bet....my old roommate had two and those fuckers gobbled up wax worms

What do you mean paper towel? Like as a bedding?

Yes but he has a heat lamp and I tried using a heat absorbing rock as well neither do anything

yeah

supposedly it's better on their bellys. shitty part is you will have to change/clean it more often

> ITT fucking idiots.

It's a husbandry issue bud, make sure his temperature is within range. He also needs a place to hide away, which is why he may be going under the carpet.

Alright I'm out of it right now but when I go out to get the wax worms I'll grab a few rolls

The temp graduates from one end to the other and I have a cave style thing underneath the rock and branches at the end

just until it's older, then you can use that astro-turf-carpet-stuff...I am just assuming it's a juvenile since you just bought it

It is a juvenile yes and thank you this was really helpful

Keep in mind hes in your world so its likely intimidating for him regardless. Youve fed him and havent hurt him so as far as he knows youre just a friendly pair of hands. Mindset wise youve gotta see what makes him tick and change yourself to accomodate him, if hes hiding hes stressed out and figures hes being hunted. Do you have enclosures for your little guy? Might make a difference there

Does it matter what the enclosure is because I have a bunch of small boxes and stuff but I also did a little cave thing that is in the middle of the tank