Hi Sup Forums

Hi Sup Forums
I want to learn a programming language.

What language would you recommend for a beginner like me?

Other urls found in this thread:

esolangs.org/wiki/Hello
learncpp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

Visual Basic.NET or C#.NET
You learn the basics of programming faster with VB than C# but C# is much more used than VB. Take your pick.

Python

Python.

C+=

Haskell

python or c++. but there's other solid alternatives for a 1st time just don't start with something like java

Java isnt bad for beginners just so long as you start by just copying syntax and then learn what it means as you go.

Machine language

Python if you like programming.

C# if you want a good paying job.

This.
Machine code is the most basic level of coding its the level that the computer reads the code and is therefore the most basic. And because it is basic it is also the easiest especially for beginners who havent been tainted by IDEs and built in functions.

JavaScript. Node.js

It's extremely easy once you learn the basics. I'm currently wrecking the schedule they gave my project. I make $30/hr and there are definitely higher paying jobs out there, but my job is super chill. I come and go as I please, leave early every day, fool around on the internet all the time, etc.

I hope you're trolling.

Don't bother learning C++, I learnt it, and there's always a 'better language'. Learn Python for now, then ask yourself, 'what do i want to do?', then learn your next language. Websites? Video games? All depends on your interests.

Except for video games and other Windows applications!

I should have just done this instead of taking 3 years of assembly

i agree with the second half but a good order would be to kearn python, then java, then c/c++, maybe add sql or something for shits and giggles or low level employment that is technically coding and then learn based on what you want to do.

except c# would be more applicable to the windows application realm

Filthy casual

fuck you it only took 200 man hours to write my hello world script.

I read that most "serious" apps are made with C++. How come people are saying there's always a better language?

What are its downsides?

esolangs.org/wiki/Hello
enjoy OP

Really depends. C++ has some portability, whilst C# has none. Then again, C# is great for WIN32 apps, and it has events!

It's very difficult to learn, and very time consuming to write.

What makes it difficult to learn and what makes it time consuming to write? Surely it must be worth the hassle if most companies are using it?

If you want to learn how to write programms, start with C then C++

Not portable. Majority of programs are being run in Java now. It is USUALLY the best language if you want to make something that is only run on 1 OS or something that you don't want to sell. For example, a chess engine in C++ would be great.

learncpp.com/ Use this site if you're having troubles.

Too add onto this, even Microsoft used C++ for Office even though they created C#

And I bet you used all sorts of letters and shit to finish so fast you lazy degenerate

It's complicated and not intuitive to the way you think/write. It's just alot to type in and alot of rules and LOTS OF FUCKING BRACKETS.

Go learn modern Javascript. It's easy and there are shit tons of uses

>inb4 Javascript isn't a real language

Fuck off and check out ES6+ you knobjocky

if you want to start easy then python is pretty good its basically english. however, C++ is getting more and more popular.

Yes, it is worth the hassle, but believe it or not, a lot of programs are made in a 'rough-draft' format in a language like Python, because it's REALLY fast to make and you can spot several logical bugs quickly.

No. JavaScript is too focused a language for a first-timer.

BASIC

That doesn't make c++ any easier to learn when you stack it up to python, java, or any other strongly written OOL.

What do you mean by "too focused"?

Lol at all the faggots saying Java.

Java is dying, faggots.

It has a limited range of applications

learn assembly language with C

True, but the web is everything nowadays.

That site is a great learning resource.

It's really only used for web clients.

doesn't matter if you learn java you can code python and python demand is only going up.

What do you want to learn for, in the first place?

if you really want to do web id rather suggest ruby on rails its way easier to learn than javascript and just straight out prettier

That's the dumbest shit I've ever read.

You suppose C++ is easier? You don't have to go to pointer hell and back again with JS.

Fuck it, I'd suggest Python, Java (eww...) or C# as alternatives but you can do more or less anything with JS these days becuase people are generally retarded and don't want to learn other languages.

Do this if you are a hip cunt

Imo don't start with python, it's far too easy, and that's a bad thing since you'll get used to it and going to harder languages like java will be harder than going from java to python, I'd suggest going with Java first

I can only agree with you c+= is the language of the future

I never suggested to learn C++ first. It's a great language for a lot of things, but not for beginners. I recommend Python.

Stupidest shit I've heard today

wtf are you even talking about? Java is like a 2 foot hop from python esp with it's extensive documentation and support gtfo pleb

Oh, and I'm sorry you're too retarded to know what a pointer is.

I gots me a pointer to an address of another pointer that I mallocd another address to that hilds a single integer

NullPointerException

its python with more syntax but thats bout it if you really are lazy you honestly can get by not learning what much of the extra syntax even means

Bro - pointers aren't hard if you understand system architecture but you're a fucking retard if you think it's easy for new programmers.

Of course it's difficult for new programmers. Are you a new programmer? You implied you aren't, and you explained it as, 'hell'.

Fucking kek

When did this turn into YLYL
Programmers fight like girls

It still is Hell, (not that guy btw) and i took a 3 classes on assembly it's just more shit i don't feel like dealing with, when i can boot up pyscripter and have something up in running in a quarter of the time with a 10th of the hassle. I mean i use R most of the time but in my spare time python is it now adays

Learn Brainfuck.

can confirm Brainfuck 10/10 language

>mfw I met my girl thanks to Brainfuck

>mfw I fucked OPs mother thanks to Brainfuck

>mfw Brainfuck is a bro

>mfw just got my cs degree and this is 100% accurate