Guys I'm being shaken down by some sketchy beaner at work. I'm a lumber guy at Home Depot, which means I cut the wood

Guys I'm being shaken down by some sketchy beaner at work. I'm a lumber guy at Home Depot, which means I cut the wood.
Allow me to tell the story.
>be me yesterday
>in my first hour of overtime
>tired as fuck
>my coworker is telling this guy that we can't cut plywood into pieces as small and irregular as he wants them
>the guy comes over to me
>im a nice guy so I try to figure out what he wants so I might be able to help him.
>He has 6 pieces of really thin strangly measured pieces of wood and wants 20 each
>so 120 pieces altogether
>I tell him I'll try to do it
>he slips me a $100 bill in a handshake
>I say no dude I can't take this
>he blatantly refuses to take it back
>I insist, but no dice. I pocket it.
>I tell him I can have them by the afternoon today
>he says cool call me when it's done
>as I'm clocking out, I realize there was a camera above where we were talking
>SHIT the company has the transaction on video
>stressing about the situation all night long
Cont'd

Fast forward to this morning
>I'm opening and I'm all alone
>decide to knock out the pieces of wood
>between dealing with customers and other shit, it takes me about 3-4 hours
>I'm got lucky today because nobody really pestered me about it
>I'm call him and tell him his shit is ready
>he comes in a couple hours later and starts rifling through it
>He's serious as fuck and says two pieces are cut a little too big.
>is just acting sketchy and scary
>I cut two more pieces for him and don't charge him
>he chucks them because they were too thick
>He's okay with being a few short pieces
>I take the opportunity to try and give him back the $100
>he refuses again and tells me to buy my girl something
>says he'll be back in a few days
>im nervous as fuck driving home
I can't do this forever. What do I do to get out of this, Sup Forums?
As far as I see it, the only think i can do is try to quit my job and try to find something.
On a side note, how long does Home Depot keep security footage around? I know I'm going to get caught eventually. There's just no way I can keep doing this.

You were dealing drugs

What?

TL;DR nigger are you gonna post tits or not.......i dont have time for this shit. and i aint talking clothes on full dressed tits, i dont care if theyre your mommas tits or your sister or even your aunt betty, you better be posting full on naked tits. fucking newfag

What is he using the wood for

I have no idea. Maybe I'll ask him next time. The measurements are so strange...
20 of each of these in thin bendable plywood with an almost plastic finish:
20 7/16" x 20 1/8"
17 3/4" x 17 11/16"
5 3/4" x 17 7/16"
9 13/16" x 9 15/16"
10" x 14 9/16"
7 1/2" x 19 1/2"

You gave another man wood for money. At first he said your wood was too think and long, but eventually he decided he could handle some of it, although he was stressed out.

TL;DR, OP is a lumberfag who spreads uninteresting work-related stories on the internet in his freetime.

How is it uninteresting? What kind of person gives a guy $100 to cut a few scraps of wood for him and refuses to take it back even though he could get it for free?
This guy is a psychopath and he's trying to shake me down for some reason.
Pretty fucking creepy.

Just go tell your manager. End of the day you can give the $100 in. Say he threatened you or some shit

Sell him a table saw.

Unless someone snitches on you nothing will happen.

As someone who has worked at Home depot for years and seen so many dumbass seasonal guys crack a security camera with a reach or OP, 90% of those "cameras" don't have cameras in them.

Dude, chill the fuck out. If he was that pissed he would have taken the hundo back. He's probably just glad you did it and will be back with more wood

don't sweat it bro. worst case scenario is they fire you. big deal. it's not like you're gonna get arrested or anything. just tell the dude that your supervisor caught you and said if you do it again he'll fire you.

But for real, this guy has it right. If you're that worried about your job, tell your manager and hand in the $100.

It's now 2 days that I've had this $100 bill.
Think I should give it to my manager tomorrow?
What if the sketchy psycho gets pissed that I won't cut the wood for him anymore? I can't say that he threatened me because that would bring alot of trouble on him. Last thing I need is some "skull tats everwhere" guy to think I lied about him threatening me. He knows where I work.
I really just want this to go away.

Keep the hundred dollars it'd take you the whole day to make at that shit job and don't worry about a damn camera that's only going to get looked at if you're fucking robbed. What kind of pussy are you? It's a tip. Get over it.

he's probably building a boat

You know, it's not ILLEGAL for you to have taken the money right? It might be against Homedepot's rules, but you're not going to jail for it. People are allowed to make deals and give tips.

go tell your manager that you felt threatened by him so you thought it would be best to comply with him rather than causing a scene and scaring other customers. Just be honest about it OP, tell your manager you waited because you thought he would come back and threaten you. The longer you leave it the worse it gets

yeah man, turn shit in. ask what protocol is for tips. theres the answer

No, man its not a tip if the guy is coming back in every few days and expecting me to be his personal slave while he's not even there. It's just not right.

Use 100 dollars and smoke 100 worth of weed
420 blaz it fggtt

i know guys like that. they use intimidation to get what they want. he's not gonna beat up the home depot kid kek. just tell him you got busted and can't do it again, you can even give back the money if you want (i'd keep that shit).
if that doesn't work just tell him you're suicidal and you'll fucking take him and his family down with you. you dgaf. works for me.

Listen fag buy your girl something nice. You are only pimping lumber at the depot no biggy not like you are gonna do 10 to 20 in the pen. Extra 100 bones sure beats minimum wage.

lol. Floods comin' - and when it hits you'll be stuck with some shitty $100 note whilst he's chilling with 2 of every kind of Asian whore or whatever it was that moses did.

Do it for free, or whatever the fee is to cut wood if there is one at all. If he ends up being some hardo drug dealer, just play stupid and say that you were simply doing your job; to cut wood to the customers' specifications

OP, you sound like a skinny, paranoid fuck that thinks everyone is out to get him. Just cut the wood and keep taking the tips. Fuck is wrong with you?

Product of a single mother household, ladies and gents.

How sure are you that the camera is even real? I worked in retail and easily 80-90% of the cameras we had in the store were fake, even the ones in "employee only" areas

Either way just don't make a big deal out of it. even if someone was watching, they probably don't care.

Hey OP it's me. You better have that wood ready tomorrow cut just the way i like it

Just leave me alone dude.

My friend has this same mentality and was raised by a single mother. You might be onto something.

I take money from customers all the time i have never been caught or got a talking to stop worrying about it faggot

This thread is more funny than it has a right to be

I'm so lost about what the problem is. You made $100 so what? Is there some sort of policy that you can't take money?

buy a gun and carry it
next time he shows up looking for a favour tell him that he's working for you now and flash the piece
best part is now you have free dirty money flowing in and all you had to do was threaten a a connected man's life with a weapon

this is the guy who gave op the 100

Guys I think I'm going to tell my manager what happened and give him the money.

He just can't take it from Mexicans. It doesn't make sense. There must be some kind of scam behind it.

if they do have it on tape it would be fairly obvious that you tried twice to give it back and he refused. i don't think there are any legal ramifications but i'm no lawyer and have never worked at home depot. it's a tip in my eyes.

You shouldn't get in trouble if your inventory is messed up don't worry I'm a manager

This is kinda accurate actually.
I wish they would all just go back

What the hell difference would it be if it was a non-mexican? This whole story doesn't make sense. Just keep the money and consider it as a tip for a job well done. It's not like he paid you money to look the other way or something while he stole.

Are you really a manager?
What should I do? Won't it seem weird that I just spend 4 hours cutting 120 pieces of tiny wood for some guy every few days?
Another part of me just doesn't want to put in the effort it takes to figure out how to make all the pieces fit and how to cut it accurately and shit. It's just a major hassle.

no wonder you work @ home depot.

you're fucking clueless

lol OP a mexican is getting another company to pay you for labour cost and then paying you to keep it shady. If company policy says you can't do it just tell him next time he comes in that your boss told you it'd be your ass if you kept going.
don't subsidize this guy on home depot's dollar if you don't want to, otherwise, hell double pay ain't too shabby

As a fellow home depot associate. Stop cutting wood for that fucker. Keep the 100 and don't tell anyone you damn pussy.

Okay, but how do I stop cutting wood for him without him snitching on me or stabbing my tires?

just tell your boss?

how fucking hard is that

kids these days need to get a better relationship with their management staff

Yeah I'm going to tell my department head tomorrow.

Dude you r really a faggit...just keep the money and cut his wood if it dont get u in trouble at work..its not tough at all...dude has money that's y he gave u tip.

Just stop being afraid. Tell him you got in trouble for it and can't do it anymore. No one is gonna slash your tires and if he snitches just say he's lying. Just stop being afraid. Whatever happens. Fuck it.

I'm an honest person. I don't need to sell my services to some skeez and keep it shady. I'm fine with my shitty paycheck and would prefer to keep it over a one time payment of $100.
I'd rather keep my job.

Don't tell anyone. You gonna get other people in your mess and then you'll be really fuck!

Man talk to your boss and tell them that green text story. Tell them you were scared and we're unsure what to do.
It's probably some harmless retard building a bunch birdhouses or some dumb shit

My DH is cool and he's probably dealt with this shit before. I need to tell somebody to keep my job.

If I knew a life could be this intriguing, I would have taken more wood shop classes. Keep the tip, you pansy-assed fucktard. Sketchy beaner? You're an idiot. I'm fucking triggered! Fuck you!

He's paying for the lumber I don't get it... sounds like this guy pays better than home depot. Why not ask him to work for him on the side, that way you find out what he does with the wood. Might find out he's harmless and make a few bucks while you're at it

Calm down dipshit.

No. Don't admit anything unless/until confronted.

I don't understand, at lowes you pay for getting pieces cut, if he is paying the store to get the wood cut and is giving you a tip on top if it there is no issue. There might be a tip policy but the only person that cares about it is the HR manager. LP's won't flag you for taking one tip they have to build a case for it and like I said if he is paying the store for the products there isn't a case to be had. I don't know why cutting the wood would be an issue in the first place it's part of your job, lumber guys just fuck around most of the day anyways

No fuck that. That's like the worst possible thing you could do.

Former Lowe's lumberfag here.

Holy shit op. You paranoid weenie. This is nothing new. Take a tip a be happy. If not, go walk to the other side of the store when you see him coming next time. If there even is a next time. Buy your girl dinner with that $100. Id keep the whole thing goi g for extra bucks. Its just a fucking bottom lumber job.

Well if wanna keep your job that much. Then turn the 100 in.

Why is that? I didn't say lie if/when confronted.

No, I'm fucking triggered. I won't calm down and you can't make me.

the concern is that, since the dude gave him $100, he keeps coming back expecting OP to do more work for him. All while using intimidation and making him feel uncomfortable to do it.

Annnnnd whole story is bullshit.

I sell wood direct from a mill. Home depot buys all their wood, they don't cut any.

Make a better story up next time.

The issue is that he's going to keep subsidizing his work to me and I'll be either working for him for free like a bitch or I keep taking the money and hiding what I'm doing (even though I'm doing it in the middle of the store and bound to get caught eventually) in what amounts to a fireable offense.

dont do this. Keep your mouth shut. Tell the guy to fuck off next time. Also its just home depot, you should only be so stressed about losing any kind of job.

Right. And the boss is like...."Uh, what is this?"
Are you sure they know?

And the person in HR will roll their eyes at this bottom level sales associate do-gooder boy scout.

>ive never been inside home depot

You're paranoid as hell dude.

If the Mexican was pissed he would have taken his money back and as for the security tape all they'll be able to determine from it is that he handed you something, no way to tell that its money and on top of that most places tape over the tapes or delete the data after a few days since its there to catch theft no one is pathetic enough to sit there and watch every second of film to see if their employees are taking payola from Mexicans in exchange for doing some extra work.

Honestly man, if I were you I'd just be pleased with the fact that I made an extra hundred bucks and I don't see why you're staring a gift horse in the mouth.

I sell them all their KD Lumber, as well as the cheap shit treated with MCA.

If they "cut" something they're doing a finishing cut, which means lumber sizing for use as a baseboard or other finish piece.

To "cut" lumber means to manufacture it, which is something Home Depot, Lowes, and other stores that sell retail lumber don't do.

Cunt.

op you should just tuck your dick in between your legs silence of the lambs style and back up to the urinal and piss like a bitch because that's what you're being - a little bitch. tell that vato to fuck off or else you'll call la migra on his illegal ass.

I work in the garden center.

Home Depot has cut wood for me on several occasions. Give them the measurements and they take the circular saw to it, its not rocket science.

Kill yourself before home depot has you arrested and incarcerated.

YOU ARE SO FUCKED.

Bitch that's not what cut means. You're thinking of "mill". What you do is mill the wood.

Do you have a saw in the store that people can request wood to be cut at?
If your answer is yes and he us requesting wood to be cut then that is part of your job he just pays for the products and the fee for the cuts, if they get too complicated then tell him you can only do simple cuts. Out right refusing to that work would get you in more trouble than taking a tip as you are being negligent of your duties

To cut lumber means to fucking cut it into smaller pieces.

Tell me oh sage of lumber what term do you use instead of "cut" to describe someone cutting down a board to a specified size?

Bisect? Divide? Saw?

congratulations

I work in the pro desk and this guy is the biggest pussy I ever heard of. I hope that beaner takes advantage of your ass! Grow some balls kid and Tell him thank you for the 100 but I can't cut this shit no more.

took you all day to cut that plywood? wtf is wrong with you? I can cut plywood into 80 pieces in lest than 30 minutes. Pathetic, typical home depot uselessness

Thank you.

i can't fucking believe this thread hasn't 404'd yet
bamp

nigga nobody gives a fuck

you're welcome

not that user but we call it ripping

This is only semi-related, but i got screamed at by the manager and he threatened to fire me when i accepted a 5 dollar tip - was a summer job as a courtesy clerk (bag boy at grocery store) when I was 15.
I didn't care that much since I was 15 and was going to quit in a month anyhow. Seems kind of useless for the dude to get so upset. It was a similar thing, where the guy wouldn't take the 5 back - just some really old guy.
Very shitty job if anyone cares, which you do not. But it helped me get my shitty first car.

am i gonna be the only person to say how fucking beautiful those titties are? i mean i know it's an old pic but god damn son

You think they'd fire you over taking a tip?

I doubt it. Take the money, enjoy it, stop being paranoid and if your boss does confront you on it apologize and tell the Mexican that your boss chewed you out and you can't do it any more.

Or if you really must insist on not taking easy money for some reason then just tell the Mexican that your boss told you, you can't do it anymore.

dem sum nice sweater cows, user.

I'm enjoying the thread.

OP. Don't worry about shit. You work at Home Depot. Not for the Supreme Court. It doesn't matter if you got offered money. And if you don't want to do it again, who fucking cares if you do or don't do it?

Your choices:
1) Stop bitching and refuse to do it again.

2) Stop bitching and let the guy slip you more money to do your job.

Why is this so difficult?

you are wrong
this man is right, to have a piece of wood be finished you need to sand it down after cutting, no saw in the world makes you a finished cut.

All while trying to save cost and dealing with a fuckhuge panel saw? Bullshit

wow nice people do exist.. anyways just chill the fuck down, go talk with ur manager they will not do anything to you dont worry and u can keep cuttin ur woods in peace

fuck n a right. i bet she grew up to be a total fucking whore too. either that or she's one of those dumb bitches that got a breast reduction bc "her back hurts". fuck that whore. and fuck home depot.