Things that made u an atheist

things that made u an atheist

God

Education. Astronomy and astrophysics annihilates all scientific possibility of a god or creator. We are an accidental result of the stellar life cycle.

OP

>Autism

\thread

Education and the ability to question our surroundings

Clearly, those don't cure retardation.

>implying every christian is uneducated

Other worlds exist

stupidity

Growing up in a christian household made me atheist, then drugs allowed me to reevaluate christian beliefs.
idk i guess i'm open to accepting Jesus and the holy trinity even if just as a metaphor for reconciliation for guilt.

yes, that true

If they were educated they would know
gelise581c exists and become athiest

>Thinks Christian is the opposite of atheist.

The universe is bigger than you and your beliefs m80

for me atheists are not much different from scientologists , deluted information, with no hard evidence

Yes I am implying that. It's true.

you should have given quantum physics some attention, to see that the theory of non duality is key

>no hard evidence

where's your evidence that god exists?

and please don't say 'it's all around us'.

I doubt any of you even have put solid enough thought into this topic to even be sure what you "don't believe in".

>no hard evidence
>implying

Go to NASA website and come back

I doubt you even have put solid enough thought into this topic to even be sure what you "do believe in"

nice b8 m8

Stargate made me think aliens posing as gods are real.

I don't think astronomy and the like proves any lack of creator. Just that its not a giant bearded guy in the clouds.

going to catholic school for 7 years.

after I left I just came to realize it didn't make sense to me. that's all it is. it just doesn't make sense to me. I don't know why that bothers so many people.

My sister is an addict, went to A.A. and now loves Jesus too.

Christ isn't there a way to get clean without Jesus?

>believing what someone tells you
>science
>religion
resolve your faith, do some exploring of something other than the internet

It doesn't make sense, I was the same boat as you. I read the whole Bible too
>great book BTW even if your not Christian that Shit is insanely fucked up
But it's the equivilant of Harry Potter.
If every Christian read the Bible I guarantee the religion would die

Here's all of the theist arguments in one Sup Forums post

I'm also going to debunk them

The fine tuning of the universe for life. Life is plastic to the laws of nature if the laws were different life would have formed around those new rules

The complexity of life. Complexity is explained through the theory of evolution that's why it exists

Bacteria need previous life to thrive their they could not have been the first life forms. This is correct for the most part, but they weren't the first life forms so it's a non argument

Macro evolution is impossible. How? What exactly keeps a species of coyote from turning into a species of whale, what process or system makes this impossible?

The earth isn't billions of years old. Yes it is, no is not measured using carbon dating there's other forms of molecular decay to measure by

Wiw that was hard

There are lots of religions I don't believe in. And I'm sure the same goes for you, and pretty much everyone else. Have you studied all those to figure out why you are with whatever religion you're with, or do you just follow because you were born into it?

Not believing in a fairy tale. Also the devil's rejects scene you know what I'm on about

Why would knowing of a planet that isn't even habitable make you atheist?

Addicts are weak minded and weak willed to begin with, its only natural they need the crutch.

>no hard evidence
The same could be said about religeon, apart from just some old book a goat-herder wrote a long time ago.

I've thought about getting into a program to try to quit drinking, but probably never will because I can't stand the whole religious side of it.

Asking me to give up control of my life to God seems hypocritical in a program designed to give me back control of my life.

I realised santa wasn't real when i was 4, all down hill from there.

Tl;dr;dc

Applying the scientific method is not used to disprove God but to simply state fact so that our learning of the univers that sourrounds us is based on truth. And the more we discover, the more you see that the organised religions, from abraham to joseph smith are full of shit. They are not fact.

Studying the bible for 20 years, followed by studying history, learning the actual history of the religions that became christfaggotry, then decoding to learn about how shit actually works, instead of how woefully ignorant bronze age barbarian powerbrokers thought it worked.

I didn't get clean, i had taken drugs and explored my faith, i had and still do have a passing acceptance of christian beliefs.
I just understand what it means to me better.

I have a feeling it's just a way to get more members. ..Sorta like this guy said. ... they gotta be addicted to something, might as well be Jesus

The Bible made me an atheist.

I used to be christian but I read a Bible verse about slavery and it made me think.

>Do I praise a God who is ok with slavery?

That and some other fucked up verses.

>nature
liberal propaganda

Common sense.

Same

underrated post

where's your evidence that God doesn't exist?
See, i'm agnostic and to me, you're a faggot who wants to think that he is some kind of enhanced human but the truth is you don't know if there's a God, so does a believer.

Well you see, if I stayed a mudslime I would have been labled a goat fucker for all eternity.

If I converted to those other pointless cults, I would be labelled a heretic,idiot and my parents would disown me.

>But now I get all of those + The title of "le fedora wearing neckbearded weaaboo-sama kun desu.

It's the only rational conclusion.

>the most massive peer-reviewed science jounral on earth, publishing the works of scientists and scientific organizations all over the world in every discipline.
>liberal
lol, sure, if reality has a liberal bias.

OK agnostic should be used instead of atheist since most people are truly agnostic

Nature is liberal propaghanda?

your existance

My knowledge and education of/in science made every religion senseless.

I still think a lot of religions have some good messages in them. Christianity, Islam, Judeaisme, Buddhism and Hinduism

Christians believe this, seriously

The Abrahamic god has plenty of contradictory traits that lead a logically mined individual to believe that he actively does not exist rather than saying that he could possibly exist

That's how someone can believe that he actively does not exist and be correct

None of the other ridiculous shit made you an atheist? Just that slavery thing that was a norm of humanity until about 200 years ago all across the world? Ok.

Trial and error

Whats your evidence that the invisible teapot on the backside of mars doesnt exist?

>evidence
>proof of a thing existing or occurrence of occurring

Back to 3rd grade with you.
While youre at it, please learn the difference between fact and truth and hypothesis and theory.

Oh boy your really shot down my arguments

Good job christfag

I'm a semi-atheist. I believe in the possibility of a god or creator but, I simply don't accept 'you just have to believe' which is 90% of what religion teaches. Don't question why you can't see this divine creator just believe that s/he is real. No. That's fucking absurd. Prove that God exists. We have scientific fact that makes it pretty clear we're literally just evolved plankton. Yet there is no proof of any sort that God exists or existed. None. What so ever. To pretend in the slightest that there is proof is just insanity. I'm not saying it can't be proven but until it is.. I don't believe in a magical being who created all life on a whim. For fucks sake the whole concept of heaven and hell are just ideas from poems or short stories.. hell in the way we know it was literally derived from the Divine Comedy which was written after a guy was fucked over politically and basically said you people are so evil this is what awaits you in the after life. If God is real prove it. Tell the prophets and god-sayers to let God know we need actual physical evidence.. quantifiable proof.

why are they always named eugene?

>trying to \thread with your own reply

Learn the fucking rules, newfag.

Science & Philosophy > Religion & Politics

Reading the Bible by myself without anybody telling how I should interpret the stories.

Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at age 3 ( skinny kid diabetes) priests told me it was part of God's plan that I have it and that I'll die faster than everybody else because God decided I deserve to suffer

We've now located the sources and every step of the development of the hell concepts, as well as the personified devil concepts. Their histories are 1000x more interesting than the oversimplified, dull, 2d versions that made it into judaism and everything after.

>deluted information, with no hard evidence
>religion

/thread

Watch charlie the unicorn

Nothing MAKES you an atheist. Every human being is born atheist, you only become theist later when someone starts hammering a religion into your brain.

That can go a couple of different ways, user. ...why it was outlawed for millenia, and even still is within some faiths. The bloodshed over the idea of the printing press putting bibles in peoples own hands is fucking insane, and continues to shape countries this day.

get over it.

and thanks to medical science, you'll probably live longer than most people still.

That's what i'm saying cuntjack, neither of these cocksuckers can prove the existence or the absence of a god.
Atheists and believers don't know shit and yet they still masturbate with "muuhuuuh miracles" "muuuuhuuuh physics".

Lost a couple friends and relatives at a young age. People aleays said that was God's will. Fuck that shit, I want them back

Stories about jesus.
Like 1st or 2nd grade teacher told us some jesus stories and even though being that young i knew it wasnt possible to do things that this jesus creature did

lol
The sciences ARE the only hard evidence.
If any of these religions could produce meaningful evidence to back their disasterous claims about the world & universe, we would call them science.

But they don't, so we don't.

I can agree with you but I ask myself sometimes if an entity as powerful as Jesus could exist in the Universe.
Because if some alien would show up and say "alright guys, we created you", atheists would go batshit.
I think the whole atheists movements is just people who don't want to believe in Gods we could have imagined

>physics
> scientific method

Quantifiable, tested and retested. Predictability. Verifiable fact

I am not an Atheist. I believe in the one true God, Me.

You dont even know how "prove" works.
You make a claim about shit being real, fine, but if it interferes and conflicts with what is well proven to exist, then the onus is on you, to prove your shit is real, nit on everyone else to prove your shit is not real.

Burden of proof, doofus.

Thats the north korean/chinese version of atheism. Substituting your peoples god with yourself is not atheism lol

the bible

I never said it was atheism. In fact I said I wasn't an atheist, learn to read you uncultured swine.

Haven't seen sg-1 in years, where do one man see finde it this days?

>Because if some alien would show up and say "alright guys, we created you", atheists would go batshit.

idk about that.

but then again, alien creation is one of those things most people don't talk about. creationists/christians talk about the man in the sky and some bullshit, and atheists talk about evolution and microbes traveling on frozen rocks through space and that bullshit. but no one besides those zany ancient alien theorists ever mention the idea of being created by some superior race.

not too far-fetched, if you ask me.

We are created in gods image, god is an alium

Exactly what a zany ancient alien theorists would say

I never said a bearded hippie walked on earth doing some disney magic and I never said that there is literraly zero entity able to perform what has been described in ancient tales.
You can prove human beings ar not able to bend water. You can't prove another species (born in another universe or whatever) can't do that. You still don't know shit, and so do I.

This is pretty much the annunaki conspiracy: intelligent aliens breeding with early humans = modern humans.

Not as far-fetched as it seems at first when you have a proper research

Probably still not true though

See that's my point we have all these things from thier origin probably down to day and date but we don't have a single legit piece of anything to prove God is real.

I still at times think we were a mistake in some universal experiment. We just don't fit in we really, really dont. When you look at animal behavior and wild life reserves you realize we're literally some form of giant fuck up. Imagine a planet with no humans and only animals and plant life.. it's chaotic on a miniature scale.. but dropping just a few people into it causes world wide unrest. Trees are uprooted, hoards of animals are slaughtered, buildings and monuments are erected. For what? Then we begin worshipping some divine being.. because we simply can't accept our own choices and problems.. it had to be the cause of God.. it might not be perfect but this is how God wanted it.. that's literally insanity.. the divine voices were speaking to us! They were in our heads! They were real! How dare you not believe!? It was shown to us in a dream!

Just being a skeptical faggot. I just don't buy into some deity creating all this because they desired.

fuck me forgot pic