Worth Moving to San Jose, California?

>Worth Moving to San Jose, California?

I currently live in Toronto, Canada as a fresh college graduate with my mother downtown and I am debating if I should start my career here or in San Jose, California.

>Money:

The career I am pursuing is a police officer. Cops in Toronto start off at 58k CAD which is 44k USD. Cops in San Jose start off at 84k USD which is 110k CAD.

If I were to join Toronto Police, I would have to stay 6 years to reach 110k CAD when San Jose starts at that salary (84k USD). If I were to stay 6 years in San Jose Police, I would be making 106k USD which is 140k CAD. It seems there is more money to be made in San Jose Police.

>Housing:

After researching, both housing markets are expensive without a doubt. Since I live in a condo in downtown Toronto, I know that the prices are ridiculous for the amount of little space you get. While in San Jose, yes the prices are expensive too but you get more space for your dollar. Plus it would be less expensive if you lived outside of the city in San Jose. I have a friend who is an Electrical Engineer and he wants to move to San Jose, so I might rent with him, keep costs low.

>Other Expenses:

The cost of living in San Jose is a little bit more expensive (27%) than Toronto. But you could argue that I am making more money in San Jose to be able to afford the high expenses. On top of that, you have to account that the Canadian dollar is 0.76 cents to the American Dollar.

>Other Reasons To Move:
Beautiful weather all year round, new experience, saving money, having independence and meet new people.

>Reasons Not To Move:
From what I heard, a lot of immigrants, ghetto areas, gang bangers, Spanish people, shit healthcare compared to Canada, gas prices and high car insurance.

>So it with worth moving for a possible better quality of life? Questions to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

sanjoseinside.com/2016/05/05/district-attorney-clears-san-jose-officer-who-shot-cop-killer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you a US citizen?

San jose is an overly expensive shit hole.

Just because they get paid more there doesn't mean you'll be able to buy more things or live in a nicer place there.

Yup. Stay in canada for your mental and physical health

Start your career in oakland you'll make 100k + Starting

No but I can get perm res within a few years, obviously this decision isn't happening tomorrow or in a few months.

Toronto is pretty expensive as well, the costs are always rising. But stat wise, it looks like I would enjoy a better lifestyle since I am making more money.

You're crazy, haha! I would rather stay in Toronto than Oakland.

its def. cheaper than toronto
you'd have to deal with a lot more american bullshit tho
and no adorable prime minister

but id say go visit a few days first
the bay area is a hugely different place than the rest of the US

Its literally just the cost of living differences.

I doubt they get paid more depending on what areas they live in, seeing as some cities might be more dangerous than others, but maybe it is a factor in all of this. There's good and bad everywhere. Its ultimately up to you, If you see no big difference in things money wise then I say go for it, live somewhere else for a change.

Oh I see, the Sharks start doing really well and now everyone wants to come to San Jose. Well we welcome you.

If you wanna make money, be a police officer in salinas california. Youll make bank if you dont get shot first.

Eh, Toronto's hockey team is WAY better than San Jose's

FUCK THE POLICE!!!
FUCK YOU!!

And it will be cheaper in the future too! Toronto costs keep on rising. Good idea! Though I would only want to move to Cali compared to the whole world if I had to move.

San Jose Police actually gets paid that, google it and there are many reports. Obviously cost of living in SJ is a little bit more higher.

I'm from Toronto and I have always like the San Jose sharks. They just always choke in the playoffs except this year.

Well fingers crossed

Should not ask us we HATE COPS!!!

Why are you lying to yourself?

I live in California so here's something to consider: the police death rates in this state are higher than the national average, right up there with Chicago and Detroit.

Chances are good that, as a rookie, you wouldn't live long enough to reach your goals.

You have a much better chance of staying alive if you stay in Toronto.

Watch the movie, End of Watch if you haven't!

What about Campbell police? Or Santa Clara county sheriff?

Growing up in San Jose/Saratoga/Campbell area, I always thought they were the biggest dicks. But I also thought that maybe they were also the most efficient.

Damn that's real, thanks for the advice! It just seems that I could be making so much more money there than here in Toronto. You know live that lavish lifestyle.

>Toronto's hockey team is better than San Jose's

No. The Maple Leafs haven't won a cup since 1965... Yet they have the biggest net worth out of any hockey team

He's just trying to get an angry response, anyone can google the sets dings and see the truth. Also how many great players has Toronto had and yet they still can't make an excellent team? They might need new management before they can scrape themselves together again.

California has the emerald triangle. It's literally the silicon valley for weed. Move to California.

Woah woah woah!
San Jose just had its first on duty death in like 12 yrs m. Sooo easy on the danger thing

I'm from Toronto and I can say the Leafs suck complete ass

Haha
*standings

Oh really? Wow. Do you live in San Jose?

>They might need new management before they can scrape themselves together again

They have a new coach/GM and they still suck.. Anyone who says Toronto is a good team is trolling or either retarded...

>talking about how the leafs haven't won a cup in a long time
>San Jose has never won the cup
>being this stupid

Yes, born here, then moved to Los Banos for 5yrs, and now have been back for the last 11yrs

>I'm from Toronto and I can say the Leafs suck complete ass

This. I'm Canadian, born and raised in Toronto. #WeAreTheNorth, but the Toronto Make Me Laughs suck dick.

Right, like i was saying in that post, not a good team.

Oh wow, thanks for the advice. A lot of people saying San Jose, CA is complete shit. Any state or city that you would recommend to police in that would make good money yet live a nice lifestyle?

San Jose is overpriced while being full of pussy wanna be gangsters living with their families and bums everywhere. Come on in..

So? They're not cursed. As soon as Gordon Downie burns his 50 mission cap, the Leafs curse will be lifted and they'll be able to win. That'll never happen though, so San Jose will win the cup before the leafs...

Eh! #WeTheNorth

>Wanna be a cop
>Live a nice lifestyle

Pick 1 faggot. You're gonna be dealing with niggers and degenerates all day. Not the life for me.

Oh ya no are hahahahahahaha

San Jose blows. Stay in canada if you can deal with the cold. If you do want to move to the USA move only to these cities:

Boston, Portland OR, Seattle, Austin TX, Athens GA, Boulder CO,

sanjoseinside.com/2016/05/05/district-attorney-clears-san-jose-officer-who-shot-cop-killer/

Like I said earlier, look into Campbell PD and Santa Clara county sheriff as well. I don't know about their pay but I'd say they get a lot more respect for being the hard asses they are.

San Jose is not a shit hole. It has shit hole areas, but as a whole, it's fine. You should come down. Remember you have to be a US Citizen to receive your POST cert.

Stay in Canada it sucks down here

Only 12 officer deaths since the founding of the police department

Those are all horrible choices, except Portland.

Spanish people (Europeans) are not a problem. The problem are the Spanish speaking people (Latin-Americans).

Latin-Americans can be very violent people. Their ways are different from niggers, but dangerous non the less.

I personally would stay in Canada, even if it means getting less money.
Went to live to Brazil for more than a year and... no big pay beats living without the fear of getting killed any day.
USA isn't specially dangerous, specially when compared to latin-america, but still... the USA isn't the best country to be a cop.

My grandma came from Mexico to San Jose and when she raised my mom and uncles she tried her best to not have them learn Spanish so they wouldn't fraternize with the other beaners.

Not the most PC plan, also not the smartest plan. But I see where she was coming from.

It must have done the trick though because all her kids married white.

How are you going to get a visa op? I doubt you will get sponsored by some PD, but I could be wrong.

There are ways, I have connections within the government and military system.

What the fuck did you just say about my abuelita?

Your soft Canadian ass will get raped by my meth dealer neighbors and I because I like ass.

Lmao, I'm sure it can't be that bad.

Oh no San Jose isn't bad. But I'll keep a look out for your tender sweet Canadian ass when you get here.

I live in San Jose, and you don't sound like cop material if you are scared of immigrants, the ghetto, gang bangers and spanish people. That is literally all you will be dealing with on a daily basis as a cop in California.

If you want to drive around giving traffic tickets to white people then move to Montana.

I hope you like mexicans and pitbulls

oakland is actually a pretty cool place especially in places like lakeshore.

so are you a dumb nigger or a cucked out 19 year old white fag?

speak for yourself, niggerfaggot

Which state in Brazil?

I guarantee the cost of living is much higher in California than Toronto. Don't do it

There's a reason why they pay more. Both risk and cost of just living are way higher. Plus the academy is no guarantee to pass, you could be stuck in California with no job. Also you have to go through background checks and interviews which took me about a year to go through. Just things to consider.