We are closing in. Lets talk about this game. Thoughts? Theories? I can't wait any longer

We are closing in. Lets talk about this game. Thoughts? Theories? I can't wait any longer.

I've heard that one planet has a tentacle monster.

I have a theory... It's mostly about op, his sexual orientation, and how many male penises he has put into himself at one time.... Hmmmmm...?

I think we have the same theory.

Thank you.

Thank you

I've been waiting for this forever. its probably not gonna be as good as we think, but still, it seems awesome.
I wanna find some sand worms

its a never ending universe. it would have infinite dicks

someone will name the first planet something dumb like nigger jew or trump

Have you tried looking up your boyfriend's asshole, faggot?

Gonna be extremely disappointing. Just calling it now. A solid 7/10 that will get old in a week.

I'm single

Will be biggest let-down of 2016.

Sorry to hear that. Bet he wrecked your pooper before he left

This. This is what I'm afraid of. Saw a video of some gameplay with the developer and he talked a little bit about what it was supposed to be all about...what I got out of it was there's no story, no objectives, just straight exploration. I'm curious to try it, for sure. But I think I'm gnna have to wait til the price goes down.

>just straight exploration.
watch some other videos with people talking about it. they constantly say its not only exploration

I have some confidence in it.

The fact that sean is selling it as a "exploring" game kinda scares me. Basically another way of saying that you can't do much, its only for looking.

Will probably play the shit out of for like a week then never touch again once I am bored with all the bells and whistles

What's this game about? I'm building a new pc on thursday and i'm looking for new games.

Well I know there's a survival element to it, and you can gather resources and barter and even be a fucking space pirate if you want. But that's about it. Are people talking about there being more than that?

Not the same person you replied to, but his recent videos has him saying its mainly for exploring.

Shitty multiplayer.

It's going to be you floating around in space, discovering generated planets with the only difference being is a color palette swap, that you're going to name "Faget 1" and "Faget 2", kill some space dinosaurs and then get into a battle with some space pirates, all while having nothing to show for it because nobody is going to see you do any of that shit, or even experience it with you.

You'll get bored of it real fucking fast, I guarantee it.

you explore to find items to upgrade your ship and do stuff like that, but what people are worried about is that its gonna only be exploration just for the fun of looking at the planets. which its not

the only part I agree with you on is how they say youre gonna most likely never find any other players. that shit is stupid. but the rest of it will be fun

Have you seen this giant worm thing?

Supposedly there's a lot they aren't showing us and Sean is saying that things get bigger as you reach closer to the center of the galaxy.

There could be a tons of things he's not saying, but again, the "you can just do x y and z" thing is making me think this game is full of hot air.

Op here. There isn't going to be a storyline, there will be a lore. I think it will make multiplayer for valuable because of how limited it might be. Also it looks lime there are portals which looks dope.

Im sick of games where everything is so Linear. Should be a nice change of pace.

do you seriously think after all this talk about how its gonna be so different from other games, that its really gonna just end up being color palette swaps? they obviously arent gonna do something retarded like that

Right. Things might get bigger and more extravagant and more difficult to get past as you get closer to the center, but so far, all the gameplay and commentary I've seen tells me that the center is nothing more than another pretty picture. That the first person who sees it gets to name "Niggercock" or "Bushdid911." Maybe a nice little cutscene. But that's it.

Those who have watched all the videos, do you think you can use that land distruptor to go all the way through the planet ha? I imagine there will be some sort of bedrock

He has a police system so you can't kill animals and you're not allowed to collect animals either

He was really against the space zoo thing which an extreme disappointment.

Have you never heard of the hype?

The goal, which everyone seems to miss, is reaching the center of the galaxy.

If you watched rick and morty you would know thats not true

Yeah, it would take a MASSIVE amount of processing power to render an entire planet that's fully destructible. Much less every planet in the game. Would be cool though!

Look at this faggot you just believe everything you're told there is tons of examples of game devs lying, and the game not having even half the features they showed kill yourself.

Naming is not much of a reward in a galaxy where no one will ever see those creatures except you.

It's a very much ending galaxy.

see

its not hype. its the entire idea behind the game. make something that hasnt been made before.

idk, I've seen footage of him playing it and he attacks the aliens and all that happens is he says everything on the planet will be hostile towards you for a while

yea this too

...no. they made it like minecraft

Well, the idea is that everyone who plays the game will see what you discover. They're just not playing in the same universe you are. Which is another major disappointment I already have in this game-no multiplayer. It's just every player in their own galaxy, never seeing another player.

so shitty?

Expect a massive disappointment. There's only so much a development team of 11 people can do.

never ending

what's so bad about it just being about exploration

I would totally fine with this game if:

1.You can physically collect aliens
2.You can own a fleet of ships and have super large ships
3.You can make aliens your slaves and soldiers
4.You could blow up planets
5.Super large ships with mazes in them that you could explore just like a planet.

I mean if the game only lets you look at different aliens then how is that any different than just looking at a video of them?

It most certainly is hype. Look back on the games that were the most followed before they were released. Watch the reveals and the devs talking about them. Then look at the actual, released game. Tell me it was everything everyone said it was going to be.

Is what you need in video games an immediate sense of accomplishment? if you reach the center and there's huge explosions and a 30 minute bossfight, will that satiate you? This isn't a game for immediate gratification. the reward of reaching the center is reaching the center itself. A bit like Journey. It will take upwards of 40 hours to reach the center.

That would be so fucking fun. Collecting aliens from different planets and making them fight each other!

you're probably thinking of the word 'universe' not galaxy. The galaxy is limited and one of many. the universe however IS infinite.

at what point did I say its gonna be as good as it sounds? all I said was, its obviously not just gonna be just different colored things

Oooooooo i get it. OP is a fag

cause I said universe to begin with. that other user said galaxy

Yeah everything you listed is pretty much what they're avoiding like the plague. this isn't a game for the war mongers who need to conquer everything they see in video games for a bit of gratification. go find another game, you'll be disappointed with this one.

Another pile of "artistic" crap a bunch of faggots are going to circle jerk each other over. A month later ( at most )everyone will forget about it.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE games that encourage exploration. Open worlds, multiple paths-I always take the way that looks like it's not the way I'm supposed to go first to see if there's anything cool there. But when a game is purely and solely exploration with no other objective, it loses its power to motivate people to actually explore. I mean, yeah I can go that way, or that way, or even THAT way and see if there's anything awesome, which there very well might be. But what am I going to use that awesome thing for? As of now, nothing. That awesome thing is just for show. And that's what a lot of people aren't into.

I didn't even think about that.

That'd be so awesome to make them fight eachother.

never ending disappointment?

Same shit different year. Equally over-hyped. Will burnout fast when people realize that there's no multi-player and the planets get repetitive.

>2016 PC game with no multiplayer. wtf

>Hey guys we're gonna make Star Citizen in 1/10th the time for 1/1000 the money and it's gonna be all bright and vibrant and just as good

No Man's Sky is going to be a glorified tech demo.

It's going to end up feeling like Elite Dangerous.

Extremely expansive, with no fucking point, no reason to explore, no reason to do anything. Tedious. Boring.

>I found a neat planet!
Why?
>Well because look at these new aliens...
Why?
>Uh.. Maybe resources..
No
>Ok...

Hahaha! Ya! Watching NPCs fight would be sooooo fun!

Nah, the gratification doesn't have to be instant-it just has to be there. What will I have to show for those 40+ hours? If it's just another thing I can name and other people can look at, I'm out.

Yeh, if it isn't a big pile of shit you run around in with a gun shooting your way out of, murricans arent going to buy it.

The militant jew hero mythology is complete.

There is a lore to the game

How do you think minecraft survived before it had any story? by the player's imagination. the allure of carving your own path into this world kept players coming back. and although you can't really make your mark on NMS (besides basic terraforming) I feel it can still keep players hooked.

What the fuck do you mean? Go watch some fucking videos about it.

This is the truest thing said yet

I love the faggot lore defense lore of what you retard nothing because there is no npcs there is no sentient races there is nothing but color swapped trash. Just like destiny had lore fuck off.

I guess the point I was making was don't believe everything you hear. When you said "after all this talk about how its gonna be so different from other games," it implied you believed all the talk.

LOL this guy is the biggest bullshitter in gaming right now.

There is no multiplayer. He knows there's no multiplayer. He knows people THINK they MIGHT be able to see each other in the game if they "search hard enough". Look at the pic he's literally laughing at how fucking stupid people are.

>Most over-hyped pile of bullshit fail in 2016

You'll have your upgrades, your high tier ship, your far-reaching warp drive, your highly powerful suit shield that you upgraded differently to face different environments dynamically, you'r encyclopedia filled with each and every animal, plant or item you discovered.

No it survived because of autistic fucks like you.

Some autist will discover the core within the first 48 hours.

Screencap this.

sounds like going to school how fun.

Inch deep ocean. But I won't lie I'm fairly interested in what it's going to be like and might see about torrents if it's possible.

Well, I never! Go get me some fucking links and I might, BEYUTCH!

Actually there are several types of alien npcs. all with their own dialogue and backstory and language. they each have their own ship type and ideologies.

Also, you seem to be a bit confused as to the general working of their procedural engine. if you think this game survived as an exploration game with just color palettes swap, you are ignorant and uninformed

Two men were born on the year zero.
They were granted infinite life.

Man A decided to do nothing because he liked the way things are.
Man B decided to build an empire and build cities and culture around the world

It's the year 2000 now. Man A did a lot of nothing, but he walked around the world a couple of times and saw some neat stuff. Man B built all of science, literature, paintings, buildings, built the geek empire, the roman empire, the british empire, the american empire all of history is thanks to man B.

Which man would you want to be?

No this is the truest thing ever said.

There are npcs. What are you talking about. There will be some on certain planets where you have to learn their language to interact and so forth.

its gonna suck

over hyped and underdelivered.

I know, but they didnt just say "its a big universe with lots of different stuff in it", theyre TRYING to make a game that will have tons of actual different planets and lifeforms and everything. obviously, you'll most likely see some things that look similar, but I really doubt its gonna be as bad as people on here are saying

ur gay lol

>constantly say its not only exploration

It will be the entire purpose/driving force of the game though, otherwise why would the game need an essentially endless supply of unexplored planets.

I'd like to know which you school you go to where that is on the syllabus.

So this game probably won't be for you, which is good for you, but I think a lot of other people will be fine with what the game offers, because they informed themselves before forming an opinion on the game. You should probably play darksouls or something like that, instead of a game that takes imagination.

True. Very true. But the main difference between Minecraft and what we've heard about NMS is that you CAN'T leave your mark anywhere. Minecraft had the whole "build anything anywhere like Legos" thing going for it. NMS doesn't look like it's going to give the player anywhere near that much freedom to be creative. I guess the best comparison I could make would be to call Minecraft a sandbox and NMS a fucking wildlife preserve.

I hope theres no multiplayer. The whole attaction of it is to have an entire galaxy to explore.

Last thing i want is to go all the way off to some distant planet and find some faggots graffiti on the wall.

I haven't seen the newest trailers but it looks kind of boring for me. It will be fun until the novelty wears off. At least that's how it will be for me.

You believe hype trains how about you explain the point when would you ever see any of these things also what are you people defending this game not getting this is impossible to make the way they said the infinite planets and animals and plants if you knew anything about how to make living moving things with AI in a game you get it but you're just another autistic playing minecraft.

Also, Destiny has TONS of lore. You just have to actually want to know it.

Hoping we get to stumble upon some 2001/Interstellar kind of shit where the known laws of physics are just fucking gone.

Fair point about leaving your mark.

The man that is happy.

You know what also takes imagination an empty box what's your point and darksouls has a story and non boring gameplay I guess if you're a cancer baby and can't play it that's why you defend no mans autism.

I've already said, they mean it as, not just exploration to look at cool planets. there will be lots of stuff to do while youre looking around

what made you say this?
you are a massive faggot