Army thread, last one 404'd. 91b anybody?

army thread, last one 404'd. 91b anybody?

12B

going to basic in two weeks, any advice?

also what's that mos like?

drink the koolaid, do whatever they say no matter how dumb it sounds, if you have free time study dont get caught sleeping, my MOS is heavy on breaching both urban and vehicular obstacles, lots of explosives

thanks for the info. you been in for awhile?

not long, went to basic last september

91B here. heading to ft lee soon, fuck OPSEC.

GO MARINES OORAH

31b here

were you in the last thread?

cool cool, how many years you doing?

where they got me now is pretty decent, I could do this for 20

tough job i hear, where you stationed?

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO GO FIGHT FOR A COUNTRY FULL OF UNGRATEFUL LITTLE SPOILED SHITS . The new generation coming up Still worth it ?

hooah and nice get

frankly i'm not sure how much worse they could be than my generation

11B taking questions

I'm in Germany. Sounds tougher over stateside

germany sounds great. i'm gonna be having dreams about beer as it is

how did you figure out how to use a computer?

Recruiter says juvie record isn't an issue but I was arrested for attempted murder two years ago at 19 charge was dropped. I want an 18x contract I qualify in all aspects other than I'm not sure if I can get security clearance with that. Thoughts?

DTMS, duh

Yea going out at night is great. Got here as Oktoberfest was starting

have you taken the asvab? what was your afqt?

I have 4 assault charges a robbery and trafficking on my juvie record of that makes a difference. Shows a pattern of criminal behaviour or whatever.

haha nice. any advice for a 91b and any good stories?

Hahahaha!

11c
Mortarman here

Facebook literally fucked the world . In a way it's a genius idea to connect with people but in the other hand it creates a fake online world thirsty for likes and followers that's all that matters now fucking likes I'm 21 so I came up with this gen but holy fuck did I separate myself from that shit . I have a baby and every time I go to parks there empty! Wtf well I know you guys still fight against other dangers to us so thank you for that but seriously when I am hiding behind a 3 feet wall taking fire from some allah arkbar motherfuker I would ask myself if it's worth it .

Category 1, 96th percentile.

yes but he needs a secret clearance for his contract option. do you have clearance or are you strictly talking enlistment?

>join army
>white phase
>liver starts failing
>sent to special unit that's closer to medical facilities
>told I can wait 6+ months in holdover unit with an 0200 wake up doing details to be recycled as a day 0 or I can EPTS chapter
>lol wtf
>chapter
>everyone calls me a quitter and fag

And that's my army experience. Ya'll take your shit too seriously if you think I'm gonna wait 6 months on fort benning mopping with active liver failure while DS BigNig reams me at 0200

I regret nothing. Ate like 10 cheeseburgers at Atlanta airport. Shit was cash.

pretty good. you don't sound like a complete idiot so as long as you don't try to hide anything you've got a decent chance. secret clearance is really not that hard, it's top secret where they start sweating you.

Those are both me I'm already cleared to enlist I just don't know if I should go for 18X because of the security clearance or if I should just go 11b.

Was in army. Promised college money.

Did 2 contracts, towards end of second got blown up ied style. Army gives me discharge for medical. Have severe tbi and ptsd.

Now VA won't cover me cause my injuries aren't visable, and can't get college funds all the way. So now work at a shitty car stereo shop trying to support family. Have to sell ssystems taken from customers on the side to make ends meet.

My life sucks
[email protected]

lol your problem was dying at white phase. shits too easy to want to die.

Ive seen people that were holdovers for longer hold through, my man Ninni broke his fucking hip and still finished through

68W here

advice? Don't go infantry.
Stories? Probably nothing you haven't heard, hit an in the stan, dudes shitting their pants on patrol.
One good story when we were deployed, i'll do green text
> was in the back on the stryker at night
>driver had his hatch cracked to get fresh air, >platoon sergeant says "Fuck this i gotta pee"
>Starts pissing off the truck
>Hear driver start freaking the fuck out
>Everybody thinks he sees something on thermals
>PSG sits back down and grabs his rifle
>Find out the PSG hit the wind shield while pissing and pissed all over the drivers face.

Might be a "had to be there" but we never let it go.

army has 180 jobs, only like 25 are actually combat arms iirc. that and if combat is happening at three feet you are either special forces or someone fucked up.

if you got medical discharge, VA would absolutely cover you. I got 30% for behavioral health stuff. go see your local VFW and they'll sort your shit out. how do you not know this basic stuff?

tinnitus?

Yes I heard it's more about how honest you're with them. My recruiter tried to push me towards computer based stuff like drone pilot etc but I said combat arms or nothing. He is already being pushy I don't want him to have a reason to not offer me what I want.

Thanks for doing nothing in garrison but slaying bodies down range
-love 11B

I would've done the same thing bro

Love you mother fuckers

Came over from Marines, bustING my assignment every day in the shit hole that is 29 palms. Went 68w, skipped basic and partied in San Antonio for 4 months as prior service during medic school. Linked up with infantry unit, knew my shit so never had to do a damn thing unless someone was hurt or sick. Deployed over, never got a shit detail, snoozer in the back of an mrap whenever we were out, saved some lives when shit got hairy. Army was so cash.

Not even mad i literally didn't do shit

Currently MEB, me either

Nah, you're a pussy for quitting.

35P, got out recently.

74D here
Shipping to Fort Sill tomorrow for basic training. Any tips for a boot?

Holy shit.

I was denied over an MIP.

are those all convictions? also trafficking in what?

i'm not sure how much you've read about the clearance process but this might be helpful.
dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial/

basically if you fucked up they want to see what you've done to fix it. it's called mitigation. with that much on your record, and yes they do look at juvenile shit, you're going to have a hard time with mitigation. it's possible though.

join the chair force

What language famalam?

don't take anything personally. remember that none of it will fucking matter after graduation, and you'll probably never see anyone there again. nothing in the army is hard, it just sometimes sucks. hope you like running. you'll run a lot. try to stay under the radar somewhat.

ever read kilroy joins the army? dude took like 10 months to get through basic.

Man I did the same thing. Guess what, it sacked. And you have no job skills when you get out. And you WILL get out. Your recruiter is looking out for your future

spanglishes.

Yeah but I had shit going for me on the outside. I knew a guy that had been in the holdover unit 1 year +, but only because it was either Army holdover or ghetto.

Btw holdover unit is awful. It's basically prison with less to do, more discipline and less contact with the outside world. Not an uncommon place for suicides. I'm convinced that the only people whom make it through are those with the IQ of a grapefruit that literally lack the foresight to see how retarded it all is.

That shit was like two years ago now and I don't regret it.

A lot of ex army have told me that.

yea bro haha fukn pussy lets go walk around in tap out shirts and drink $9 energy drinks

Ive seen people get day one restart in 12b OSUT like three times in a row, mind you each iteration is 14-16 weeks

That's dope you do anything for SOUTHCOM or did the army stick you in some stupid ass MICO?

Running isn't the issue. Neither is mental toughness. I'm good at running and I'm pretty thick skinned. My only concern is that I suck at push ups

All of them were guilty pleas with probation and jail time. I had a rough home life so I was either in juvie or doing something to go back to juvie until I was 18 and I cleaned up. Its been three years since I stepped foot in a jail and the only charge on my adult record was withdrawn due to lack of evidence.

A lot of POGs in here..

Nigger you'll get better, you do plenty in basic. If it's really a concern just do 100 a day no matter how many you can do in one sitting. Lock your elbows near your body and bounce using your triceps.

worked for a DoD agency my entire enlistment. have a buddy that did some work down there though, he seems to enjoy it. heard good stories otherwise, too.

There are 100 POGs for every 1 grunt

I'm probably doing 20 or moving on to sheriff's department back home after 6 so I'm comfortable with a dead end but more amusing job.

weight lifting is how I improved my push ups and sit ups. maxing them is easy, honestly. it just takes a few months in the gym of simple compound exercises.

Just dropped out of DEP and told my recruiters im not going. Was supposed to fly out to basic today. Probably for the best lol.

Well good shit homes, hopefully something pops off soon so you can get that contractor cheese.

i think you'll have a really hard time getting clearance as it is. but time is on your side and if you wait and stay clean you have a decent shot. read those reports.

11B2P here, stay in tradoc as long as you can, go to every school offered, get dem promo pts

Your response doesn't change the fact that your a pussy. Nut up lil bitch and see things through.

I mean, I doubt you walk around saying you're a veteran and shit, but shit happens, ya know. Your liver (of all things) said fuck it, nothing you can do . And good luck staying motivated to finish after waiting that fucking long. Hope everything worked out for you.

Slicksleave

Doesn't really help. I ship tomorrow

maybe. what are you doing instead? I'm in university right now and it's being paid for by the post 9/11. I wouldn't have ever gone to school otherwise. so it was a pretty good call for me, personally.

Hope the MPs show up to arrest you, faggot.

Do what you are told, drink water, have with death by power point.
Sappers lead the way.

ectomorph here. start doing 20 pushups every hour. can't do 20? drop to your knees when it's too hard. eat plenty of protein and you'll be able to do pushups in no time.

you're telling me. I deployed, and some of the boys next to me in the shop were pulling 200 a year for the same work I was doing. if something *does* go off, though, and they're willing to re-activate my clearance, hopefully it's just after I graduate. lol

I already have my bachelor's and was gonna enlist. But then I realized, wtf am I doing joining the army. Not the place to find out what you want to do imo, but that's just an outsider's judgement.

nah man, that's fucking rich. that's like if iasip was in the army.

sucks to be in that situation, but you where at your prime and already having medical problem. You are gonna have a tough life bro, hope you make it to your 50th birthday

like I care what you think, keyboard warrior

Can recruiters help you get in shape while you're in dep? I'm really skinny used to box so I'm used to working out constantly don't have a gym membership and live in a tiny apartment so not much options for doing it myself.

Don't fucking fret, army life is easy after basic. Seriously remember that it's not like that after basic.

Shut the fuck up. And do what you're told. Help your guys out. Even if they're shitbags.

that absolutely helps. you'll have PT tests your whole career. I knew a guy, a big fat fuck. met him in basic. the drill sergeants graduated his fat ass because it would be embarrassing if they couldn't pass everybody. he only got kicked out of the army once he got to his AIT and they realized what had happened. the kid was hopeless, but that's the only reason he was dropped. my point is, you'll be fine. just do as many as you can when they tell you to, and try to maintain the front leaning rest otherwise. your body will fail. it *will*. everyone's will. that's the point. don't worry about it. just do what you're told. and again, once you graduate, go to the gym. that's how you'll get a good score, impress your leadership (which will shut them up), and get you some promotion points.

i keep hearing people say that basic is the hardest thing you'll ever do as a civilian and the easiest thing you'll do in the army, are they just fucking with me?

Start running, do incline pushups, do pullups, learn to flutterkigk for extended amount of time

I promise get that clearance reupped is no problem. And yeah those contractors didn't do dick when we were deployed and bragged about that 200k one year tax free money.

11b Here. Last thing I want is a bunch of grunts having a circle jerk on Sup Forums. I get enough of that at work.

if you have a degree, of course you shouldn't enlist. go be an air force officer. cushiest thing ever. and great benefits. if I were to go back in, if the economy shits the bed after I graduate, that's my plan. lol

at least that's a euphemism. the navy on the other hand...

My driver did look like Mac lol

The life of an e3 bangbang sure must be rough these days, with your red cards and political correctness