Hey Sup Forums i'm looking for an awesome gaming PC but no one online knows what the fuck they are talking about...

Hey Sup Forums i'm looking for an awesome gaming PC but no one online knows what the fuck they are talking about, since all of you probably have fucking lions for computers I though you all would be knowledgeable on good PREBULDS I can buy for the cheap cheap.

Other urls found in this thread:

altex.com/
altex.com/GeIL-SUPER-LUCE-16GB-2-x-8GB-DDR4-2400MHz-Memory-Kit-Red-GLR416GB2400C15DC-P156676.aspx
altex.com/Intel-i5-6600K-Quad-Core-35GHz-LGA1151-Processor-I5-6600K-P156722.aspx
altex.com/Gigabyte-Ultra-Durable-H110M-S2H-GSM-LGA1151-Micro-ATX-Motherboard-GA-H110M-S2H-P156993.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

prebuilds are for retards. go on r/buildapc and they will make one for you, you just buy the parts and put it together (very easy)

Shhh... dont talk about them
Just fucking snatch stuff off craigslist, wont regret it

You will really never find a good prebuilt that couldn't be built for less. It is really simple to build a PC, and there's a lot of online tutorials if you need them.

Most stores where you can buy pc parts will assemble it for you for a fee, did this for my first time as I was nervous I'd fuck up the CPU. But it's litterally color coded, and nothing fits where it shouldn't it's retard proof.

if I were to buy a prebuild could I later replace parts?

well yes but you may as well have just built a pc form the start

what do you want to run and how much is your budget and where do you live.

It's like building legos, if you know how to do that, you know how to build a pc.

Start with making a list of what you need for a good pc.
Then think what you want you pc to be able to run smoothly and flawlessly.
Don't go for the latest on the market if it is not needed.
You have to research the parts yourself.
I have really good gaming pc that cost me 700€ and i bought all parts the individually.

honestly prebuilts cost more than their built from scratch counterparts. (my experience) I think its better to byy parts individually. But all i can say if yout going to do that is to just be informed - know what your getting for the price and etc.

>ex dell field support here
Even the gaymer alyyenware are shit because many reasons

>its a PC made console, or even worse
>office class motherboards with shit cooling solutions
>ram and hdd are mid tier
>it will last like 3 years, and no OC or anything
>Dealing with warranty is an issue because india on phone
>have luck and find a decent technician is very very difficult because most of us were centered in inspiron or latitude products
>the overall product is like going to a shit computer shop and made a mid tier clone but with flashy lights and whatever gaymer hardware you can shovel on it

Take my advice.
Get gud with computers, its not rocket science.
And build a clone if you want a PC.

A fined OCd dual core with a mid tier graphics card, whatever ram you want, an ssd and you are done.

go on Sup Forums you fucktard. prebuilds are gay why would anyone give a shit

still waiting op.

Just go to a fry's and tell em you want to build a PC, they can tell you what you need and often help you pick the shit out.

Really the only thing you need to be concerned with is fucking up the components by rubbing your cum-swipers on the little golden bits, or buying a power supply that isn't good enough for your PC.

Gotta give us something more to go on than just "I want a good PC" though. What games do you plan on running and at what quality?

Obviously you wouldn't be able to run DOOM on high with a GTX 800 series, but it would run just about everything else below DOOM high level graphics just fine. For gaming the thing that matters the most is your graphics card. I haven't looked too much into them but I have an MSI GTX 950 that can run Fallout 4 and DOOM on high, it was the best I could find for my money IMO. If you can spend around $250-270 I would get the GTX 970 though.

Just my opinion but I avoid any PNY brand videocards

i5, gtx960, 8 gb ram (EBAY) not powerful not shitty but you can play most games at medium high level, enjoy

Sorry, just games like overwatch, Doom4, Battlefield 1, fallout 4 and No Man's Sky, games like that at least at 30 fps.

Thanks! Will keep this set in mind when buying!

nvidia 1080 fagget

>Implying OP is going to drop $600 on a video card

ok a price range would be nice too and country of origin so i can look at parts for you,
parts you need,
psu
ram
mother board
gpu
cpu
disk driver
case
cooling fans (optional)

This is something you can buy for cheap and still have room for upgrades
or stick with haswell and ddr3 because there isnt that much difference

>gtx 970
>3.5+0.5

>this guy bought a fucking 950

top goddamn kek.

get a fucking used 770 for $150 shekels and run doom capped out with an fx8350 and decent mobo, hyper 212 cooler and 16gb ram for $50, cheap ssd and whatever HDD, congratulations for $500 you're running any game flawlessly.

I live in Texas, 1,500 - 1,700 is like the max I could go at the moment.

>implying Nvidia is not shit tier

If the computer is more for gaming, then have the GFX card at a higher priority than the CPU. Be willing to pay more for the GPU than the CPU.

np bro

same dude, because i have dual 22 core cpus with 64 gbs @ 3000mhz, waiting for my dual 1080's, 3 8tb hdds, a 1.2 tb pci express ssd boot drive, so i know pc's.

Pic and timestamp or gtfo

>i bought the most expensive components so i know computers
gtfo

I had a friend in the netherlands buy my parts, since its cheap as shit there

Paid for the whole thing 750€

i5-4460
8gb ram
250gb SSD
some kind of power supply for 80€
R9 290X

and a case for 40€

runs like a gem and I can play everything at max

except shit like DayZ and Arma ofc

>Cheap
>SSD

OP isn't looking to build the newest in neckbeard fashion for upwards of $1000.

And the video card was on clearance for $170 at the time when I bought it a year ago, good job assuming I buy used shit online. My computer was down and I had to find the best buy at the local store.

>all of you probably have fucking lions for computers
how did you guess? here is my rig

>Sup Forums
>not your tech support

Stay the fuck off Sup Forums faggot.

cool, id wait till the gtx 1080 come out thou, because its a lot better than everything on the market, you will need an i7 at 3ghz to run really well, id get at least 12gb of ram for future proofing, psu will only need to be 600watt at min, and any hdd you want most cost very little for a 1tb, as long as the mother board is compatible with the cpu it can be as cheap as 20 dollars, it just needs ram slots and at least one pci express slot.
most of this will add up to 1200 and it will run crysis 3 at ultra, 1080p and at 60fps.

Damn dude that's pretty awesome I bet you could even run super mario brothers.

>not waiting for Polaris

yeah for about 15 minutes, then the lions get tired

is this idiot on the pic going to insert that ram in the pci slot?

Get one of these. Every part was on sale, came to exactly $1000 CAD, excluding the SSDs and monitors.

Really good bang for the buck. Aside from being a space heater, it plays everything on max.

Did you read my post you dumb nigger?

>used 770 2gb is $140-160 via eBay
(op is likely on a budget goyim)
>fx8350 new $170
>gigabyte ud3p mobo $60
>16gb ram ~$60
>any fucking ssd
>seriously, Samsung 850 evo 250gb are like $80
>$30 case
>any decent rated sub $70 PSU

Do the math you fucking mongoloid. And this will run even doom well into high settings, same with gtav on ultra and the like.

Don't go with a shitty 20$ motherboard when he said he had a larger budget. You can get some really nice features if you double the budget to say 50-60$...

Also go for a SSD and cut the HDD if OP doesn't need a lot of space.

120gb or 240gb SSD with a 500GB HDD is much better option than just a 1TB HDD, because windows will start a shit ton faster and it will also run a lot faster if it is installed on a SSD.

look at sites like these to get an idea of pricing,
altex.com/

i5-4690K =269$
Coolermaster 212 evo = 48$
Asus B85m-g R2.0 Desktop = $80
Kingston Hyperx Fury 4 Gb 8 Gb = $22 x 2
COOLERMASTER RS600-ACABB1-EU B-SERIES VER.2= 120$
WHATEVER CHEAP CASE = $50
Hdd 1 TB a 7200 Rpm 64mb Sata Iii = $89

You have like 700$ in here, so the rest is for the videocard of choice.

i was more saying it can be cheap, not go and get the cheapest.

>(op is likely on a budget goyim)

>I live in Texas, 1,500 - 1,700 is like the max I could go at the moment

Keep up with the thread retard.

>i5-4690K =269$
i have this exact cpu its painfully slow

op get the skymeme i7 but for fuck sake get a good motherboard Asus or Asrock and a noctura cooler thank me later

>buying a gtx 1080
>playing at 1080p
idiot

>no one online know what they are talking about
>asks Sup Forums for help

if you want to go cheap, OC that shit to 4.2, if not, a 4790K is LGA1150 and its far better if he wants to spend that much, but the videocard makes the actual difference here.
Even if he makes a PC arround buying a 1080 and saving like a cheap fuck with the rest, it will run doom and whatever at very high settings.

imo he should just go on the LTT or Tomshardware forum, higher odds of finding someone that can help him. People love to do that shit on those forums.

this made me laugh.

If you wan to use the 1080 for 1080p 60fps kys

either 4k 60fps or 1080p 144fps

tying off from that, dont cheap out on monitors either OP

altex.com/GeIL-SUPER-LUCE-16GB-2-x-8GB-DDR4-2400MHz-Memory-Kit-Red-GLR416GB2400C15DC-P156676.aspx

altex.com/Intel-i5-6600K-Quad-Core-35GHz-LGA1151-Processor-I5-6600K-P156722.aspx

altex.com/Gigabyte-Ultra-Durable-H110M-S2H-GSM-LGA1151-Micro-ATX-Motherboard-GA-H110M-S2H-P156993.aspx

all for round 500.

>pre-builds
Dude, just learn to build.

gtx 1080 is the new card, 1080p is a resolution, if he wants to play at 4k he would need 2.

Are you fucking retarded? A 1080 is for one not out yet, two beyond fucking overkill because OP isnt gaming at 4k. Jesus Christ you fucks know absolutely nothing do you?

OP, if you've got that high a budget,

>i7 4790k ~$300
>decent z mobo ~$120
>Master cooler hyper 212 evo cpu cooler, $30
>gtx 980 4gb by MSI or gigabyte windforce ~$450 via newegg or the like
>any ssd that's cheap for your OS
>Western digital caviar blue 1tb HDD, $55
>16gb any brand ram, ~$50
>any PSU around 600-750watts that's well rated and cheap
>any fucking mid tower case for cheap you like

Congratulations, it'll literally run anything and be more than suitable for any future upgrades or tweaks you want, it'll be solid and run fucking everything, even be ready to move on to 2k or 4k with added cooling and minor oc'ing.

You're welcome, retards need not apply.

wh-what? thats just not true

4k would take vastly more power than 1080p, it would take 2 gtx 1080s to get the power to run at that, 4 times as many pixels takes 4 times the power.

pic related

>Cheap shitty components that likely won't survive another 6 months
>Just buy the shittiest used things you can find, it's a great money saver!
>OP specifically says $1500 or so

Did you read the thread you dumb nigger?

aaaand it gets better...

you can play at 4k with a gts 460, but I wouldn't recommend it...

the new 10xx series should be able to run 4k no problems on high with minimal AA, the 1080 just lets you push it a bit higher with SSAO and AA

Wow, a used card and using your brain to buy cheap well reviewed known brand products? Nice anecdotal about them dying in 6 months fuccboi.

the gtx 1080 was getting frame rates of 200 on doom 4 at 1080p, 4 k would take times the power so it would only be about 50fps, also it future proofs his pc.

i don't think you should give advice on computers.

yes but it is better to future proof now then upgrade later.

my point is future proofing.

This is implying he has the money to buy a 4k monitor.

Youre also fucking retarded, 390x and gtx980s run 4k fine without sli you literal shit shoveling moron. 295x2/Titan cards are a thing if youve got such a budget just to play at 4k which is a meme anyways right now. Wait a couple of years with die changes on the way from amd and nvidia, as well as price drop in 4k monitors and it'll be a much more achievable goal without spending thousands.

>saving on something to put more money into something else

your best bet is to just grab the 1070 if you aren't planning on running more than a single 4k monitor. the price difference is huge, rumored to be dropping for ~$380. haven't even read 80% of the thread but all OP needs is

> latest i5, the 4xxxk series or whatever
> 16gb memory, is the new ddr4 out yet?
> 1070 from evga
> some $120 mobo from ASUS/gigabyte/msi
> a $100 psu from Corsair/Seasonic/XFX/Silverstone/Evga/OCZ

my point is future proofing, you seriously think no devs are going to take advantage of the new gtx1080 to produce better visuals.

Fuck. You beat me to it.

OP, just go to pcpartpicker.com and focus on getting a good graphics card and a good processor. I'd recommend looking for an i5 or i3 of whatever generation and then a good graphics card. pcpartpicker will force you to choose the rest correctly, then order it and watch a guide online.

It's way way easier than it looks. Don't bother with prebuilt.

my point is future proofing when devs take advantage of the power of the new 1080, it will take a lot more power to run at 4k and 1080p, why does no one think ahead.

There you go OP. I think 980 is a bit overkill still, but that's only my opinion. 970 can be as much as 50% cheaper but only 20% slower.

not in the next year or two, no. once AMD has their cards out on the market as well, give it 6 more months and then we'll start seeing shit utilizing the newest tech. games take time to be designed, and the hardware it is aiming for is decided at the start of production, not halfway through it.

>OP writes a guide
>How to Fuck Up

>good
>prebuild
Choose

well maybe so but it is still be to future proof, if you get a card that will have shit performance when game devs start taking advantage of the newer cards and there power you will have wasted money and still need to waste more.

>High Definition Audio
that shit is cancer, get rekt spanish cuck.

so the age old conundrum; buy outdated shit now, buy stupidly over priced shit now, or wait for the next gen...

all op needs is a 1070, end of story. he doesn't have a 4k monitor, he won't have one anytime soon, no games will push a 1070 hard enough to need an "upgrade" at 1080p in the next 4 years. save yourself money op, buy a 1070 for under $400 and be done with this thread.

Kek yer right i bought a 680 when it came out 2 years later it was getting sluggish, now it can only run most games on low.

how far did you ocd it?

dude what shit are you smoking, I'm running a 670 still and it holds up fine. am I playing the latest and greatest maxed out? no, but I'm still playing at 1080p, 60fps, high settings, with DoF off, shadows on low, and low(er) AA depending on the game.

yes it's old, yes it could be better, but I've easily gotten my monies worth out of this card and my games still look better than that console BS

>good
>prebuilt
>cheap

top lel

www.logicalincrements.com

Yes but soon it will run extremly slow.

yes, you can replace the parts. But there is a high chance your motherboard will be OEM locked which means you cant overclock it and most likely you'll have difficulty installing a different OS than the one it came with

FUTURE PROOF
FUTURE PROOF
FUTURE PROOF
FUTURE PROOF

Jesus Christ nigger, most of the cards on the market now are going to be good for the foreseeable future, I'm still running an hd5770 1gb, a $130 budget card that's pushing 6 years old, guess what, I still see 60fps on gtav, not on high settings sure, but its an old as fuck never meant to play something that graphically intensive card doing more than fine after years and years of hard use.

if you think 5 years+ is "soon" then I'm fine with that. I got plenty of life out of this thing and I don't see it dying anytime soon. I'll probably upgrade it whenever i finally pull the trigger on one of those 4k ultrawides but until then, this 670 is fine for 99% of things

Speaking from personal experiance, from someone who ALWAYS bought top of line GPUs, by the time shit comes out that requires more then next highest, new tech/features come out that doesn't support older cards.

Graphics cards don't jump that much in performance per generation these days.

GTX 6xx series are going to be fine for quite a while. Maybe you'll have to leave AA off, but no one needs that shit at high resolutions anyway.

I wouldn't buy one nowadays, but they're far from outdated.

Nice anecdotal evidence bro. I guess those guys still running ancient server Xeons, 5/6k series radeons, gtx500/600s, sure are dying. Everyone's just rushing out to get the gtx1080.

MUH FUTURE PROOF MUH SLOW SLUGGISH PERFORMANCE IN A YEAR OR TWO

MUH ANECDOTAL

I didn't realize nvidia shills were still in full force after the 3.5+0.5 vram issue, 1080s performance must be awful lackluster to justify you future proofing cucks shilling it so hard.

get an ayylienware

so yeah tl;dl, for the same price, you're better getting shittier cards, but update more frequently. Of course, some generations aren't worth updating to, due to rebadged bullshit

Why would you lie on the internet?

Looks like you are the one who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Pre-built rofl

I've built my own rigs for the last 35 years, so I have some general advice for you. First, and most importantly, COOLING. In the old days, when your system overheated, your CPU would blow or you'd literally set your video card on fire. These days, systems are designed to handle heat by quietly nerfing themselves until the heat level is back under control. It doesn't matter how powerful your rig is if it's constantly throttling itself. Pay for the best cooling system you can possibly afford. And make sure you pay for a tech to go over all the heat sinks with Arctic Silver or something similar. This is NOT optional. Trust me on this.

Second, pay extra for fast, name brand RAM. Don't get generic RAM. It may have the same specs, but it will go bad much faster, and as it goes bad, it makes your system slower (since it has to keep track of more and more bad memory locations).

Third, get a bigger power supply than you think you'll need. Brownouts are almost impossible to detect and are the #1 reason for undiagnosable system instability.

Move on to 2k? What an odd way to say 1080p.

why is it that the second number means so much and the first almost nothing?