Sup Sup Forums ask a biochemist anything

sup Sup Forums ask a biochemist anything

are you a biochemist?

yes

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Cellular and Molecular Biologist here. What's you're take on CNN reporting about a super bug in Pennsylvania?

Why are you so lame?.

Question for both of you.
Evolution Y/N?

Biochemical PhD here as well. Do you like inorganic chemistry? The more and more I study biochemistry, the more organic seems like shit-tier. Proteins are just scaffolds for the metal doing the real magic. What do you study? Photosynthesis here.

Y

Thx.

There's huge evidence on the molecular level to support it. However I can't state it as a 'fact that evolution is real', I can only admit there is 'enough evidence to support it is real.'

As good evidence as it gets, I suppose.
Thanks for reply.

Where is the crossover between Computer Science/Engineering and biology? What is it now, and what will it be in the future in your opinion? Any cool projects I can pick up as CS sophomore related to bio or chemistry that don't require in-major knowledge?

Also, where are you in your education?

Where you work and how much is pay?

Not OP, but check out bioinformatics

I think eventually in the next 100 years we're gonna be able to upload some part of ourselves into a computer or something of that sort. Either way in the next 100 years we're gonna look different as a species do to technology. As for jobs in both fields. Some form of organic computer or information storage would be an interesting field.

Depending on if I get accepted into medical school this year. I'm looking at another 6 years in school. So I don't ever consider myself done with education.

There are a lot of data folks in protein structure fields. Biophysics is much cooler than bioinformatics.

is there a biomolecular explanation for faggotry?

interesting perspective! Mind expanding on how we will look different, and organic storage? I'm especially interested in the second- my understanding was that nothing organic could possibly be as quick/small/effective as the current transistor

Although I have heard about computers being used to mix and match proteins (and apparently there is a program that you can install to fold proteins in the background or some shit), I don't really know anything about it... Why would this be classified under Biophyiscs rather than bioinformatics?

forgive me if I misunderstood your comment

How do you feel about ecology & environmental science?

I'm going to school for biology & chemistry right now and considering environmental science. But then again, chemistry is fun as hell. Just started thermodynamics and it's great.