Why do atheists have funerals?

Why do atheists have funerals?

Why do worshippers of atheism get dressed up in suits, dress up the CORPSE ITSELF in a suit, hold moments of silence/reflection, all in a formal ceremony for what the atheist religion dictates is nothing more than decomposing matter?

Theists' belief of man's transcendent worth answers why they do.

What is the atheists' answer?

atheists are fags who cry at the sight of death

This thread again... Fuck your God and fuck religions !

Officially I'm still a part of a church though I do consider myself an atheist. If it were up to me, I wouldn't want a funeral. Strip my corpse of everything useful, burn the rest and with the funeral and coffin money, compress the ashes into a diamond. That's the way I want to go.

because no one likes to see someone they love look rotten in the last memory they will have of them

>worshippers of atheism
Troll detected.

I intend to launch the corpses of my family at the houses of my enemies with a trebuchet.

Checkmate theists.

Oh, atheists are scared of death, huh? Not the people who believe in magic to make themselves feel better about death, and morality?

You Atheists cannot even describe what your ideology stands for. Remain closed minded, enjoy your eternity in Hell.

Atheism isn't an "ideology" you moron. It's simply a lack of belief in something. How are you this fucking stupid?

Why do Christians have funerals? It's not like the corpse has any relevance to anyone, once the spirit has departed. You don't hold a funeral every time you throw a piece of clothing away, do you?

Language! Again, you sinners decide to insult using foul language. Grow up already. And there is no way atheism is "simply" anything. You still cannot correctly describe your claims.

>atheist
>religion
Pick one.

And it's for the family members. Even if I thought I was just a meat sack,I'd still have a funeral for my family and friends to process my death. Atheist != Dickbag

Fuck off troll.

jesus died for me user, i just wish you would too

Fuck you, it's all out of respect for other people's rediculous beliefs. We don't contradict what we believe, we just show the same respect for your religion that we want you to show for ours. You cunt.

>mr two knives
Fucking newfag.

Even neanderthals were known to bury their dead

Some bait seems to be here

I would, because my last act is causing everyone in my life to weep over my corpse, cementing my painted flesh mannequin in their memory.

Speaking as an individual whose spiritual beliefs are not tied to the beliefs and traditions of other people, it is possible to hold services honoring the life and memory of a human being without bringing transcendence and spirituality into the occasion. Anything beyond remembrance in a funeral would then be left up to the religious beliefs of those present, which in the case of people like me, would lead to nothing more. Attaching your beliefs and dogma to the act of remembering someone's life distorts the purpose of the ceremony, and perhaps that's why you're incapable of seeing a funeral without "transcendent" concepts cropping up.

Well I don't know about you fags. But I'm not having a hod damn boring as fuck funeral. I'm having a viking funeral... BUT! the ship is also loaded with fucking shitloads of fireworks!!
When the burning arrow hits the ship my corpse wil be scattered across the fjord in a magnificent array of colours and lights!!

To spit on the faces of you zealots and your fucking pathetic flase idols.

And then the accomplishments of your life pale before the raging forest fire brought about by your death.

>atheism
>religion

>Why am I even replying

Does it really matter how anyone wants to mourn their losses?
>no mater what you do or do not believe,
>you are saying goodbye to someone who isn't there anymore

I got a question about you morticians. You bang the dead bodies? I imagine stuff like that goes on all the time. I mean I don't give a shit. If I was dead you could bang me all you want. I mean who cares? A dead body is like a piece of trash. I mean shove as much shit in there as you want. Fill me up with cream,make a stew out of my ass. What's the big deal? Bang me, eat me, grind me up into little pieces, throw me in the river. Who gives a shit? You're dead, you're dead!

I'm dead though, should I give a fuck?

Anyone got any good bait pics? im building up a collection.

are you having a breakdown mate

You fucking idiots. Islam is where it counts.

Topkek

Most people are religions and a funeral is never about the dead person. It's for people to mourn. Christianity didn't invent mourning. A lot of the mourning rituals are taken from pagan traditions and beliefs. It's literally just something people still do because it's the new tradition.

all i can think about when i see these threads is how weak and pathetic this faggot looks

Just fucking stop who cares fuck off talk about something else who gives a shit go away no.

atheism is a belief that there is no gods or anythis spiritual like that

fucking shut the fuck yup you scum of the earth

1. Fuck this thread, Fuck this picture, Fuck you.
2. There is nothing wrong with a goodbye to someone that died. No god necessary here

The same reason Christians sometimes give their pets gravestones even though they don't believe pets get into heaven. (to remember them)

faggot. When are mods gonna start fucking this threads away?

*leaves thread*

Let me put it like this. The natural state of a human mind is atheism, not believing in any sort of god. Religion, on the other-hand, is learned, and added. Therefore, being in the natural state is not a belief, but a lack-there-of.

tldr

Everyone celebrates life and mourns death.

You don't need God to miss someone or love them.

You don't need Santa Claus to enjoy Christmas [or even Christ].

Because people usually have an universal need to ritualize a person's transfer from a category to another (life to death), thus eliminating the deceased's status as an anomaly outside of categories. Needless to say this is a very powerful ritual because of the social aspect. A funeral as a ritual has nothing to with religion. Religion however tries to give meaning to person's death and explain what awaits him on the otherside etc.