If anyone here is actually stupid enough to get this game when it comes out. Please explain why

If anyone here is actually stupid enough to get this game when it comes out. Please explain why.

youtube.com/watch?v=B8xUo97yV38

>in b4 i dont judge a game before playing it because im not a dumb ass twat who just allows others opinions to become mine instead of making my own assessment like i was actually born with my own brain.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B8xUo97yV38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's like assassins creed without everything but moving

I liked the first Mirror's Edge. It wasn't some super mega kill fest or anything, but running around was fun in itself.

Idk man running around doesn't sound like a $60 game
yez spidey

played the beta
Story is probably gonna be shit
Movement is fast, fluid and liberating
It's basically the first Mirror's Edge but refined and widened
Day one for me

So again, you're paying $60 for movement? Whaaack.

60 dollar, probably not. But I'll definitely pick it up when it lowers in price

The skill unlock system seems dumb as fuck but with an "everything unlocked" mod it might be ok.

thats my number 1 point in the video. the skill system is whack as hell, yeah a mod could fix that. but it doesn't bode well for the rest of the developers choices.

fair enough! I would probably grab it for $20 if I was bored..

>marketing

It will sell really well, normies will eat that shit right up because they saw a commercial on TV or their favorite jewtube star advertising it. Sane was with Skyrim, nobody but shut ins and fat nerds played elder scrolls, then bethesda put all their shit into marketing, mix that with everyone watching game of thrones and you have a dungeons and dragons worldwide normie circle jerk. Doesn't matter how shit the game is, if they put enough money into marketing it will be a success because people are idiots and most of them will follow the herd.

I'm paying 60€ for an immersive gameplay where the controls are simple but deep enough to allow me to visualize and execute what I want in a fluid and empowering way. I'm paying 60€ for an immersive atmosphere with an striking visual identity and top-class sound design. I'm paying 60€ for a great replay-value enhanced by user-made time trials.
I'm going through the video right now, trying not to cringe and I'll post some rebuttal
This game isn't gonna be perfect, but neither was the first one that I loved to bits. Having played the beta I'm confident

Well I just hope someone snatched the beta code I left here a while back so it didn't go to waste

Why are you wasting time shit posting on b about a game you don't like? Are you that retarded or..?

Lol user made time trials. Get the fuck out of here you highschool child.

i get upwards to 300 views every time pleb. ty.

>views

Is this YouTube now? God damn your autism is strong

you're just trying to get views for your video aren't you?
well fuck you. i'm not clicking your vid and I'm not bumping your thread.

views lead to engagements, (like you plebs bitching about me sharing this) engagements and views get my video boosted to the top of the list. I've done this a few times and you neckbeard newfags fall for it every time

you bumping it like that just got me 8 more views and a dislike. Any engagement counts bud ;]

I didn't bump it you retard, the fag above me did. I used sage and yes it still works.

sage does not work newfag I watched the fucking views spike get the hell out of here.

GIT GIT GIT

ty views spiked again.

Holy shit are you advertising your own shitty little youtube channel OP

Point one: first ME was a flop commercial flop despite the parkour hype at the time
True, early sales were low but the game then became a sleeper-hit (more than 2 millions unit sold on consoles alone as of this day). Why would EA greenlight a AAA sequel if they didn't think there is a market?
Also the part about AC was retarded. Movement in ME is more challenging and the game is altogether more focused.

Point 2: unreliability of EA and DICE
Yeah, EA is a greedy publisher who milks franchises and perpetuates toxic practices such as always-online and micro-transactions and they kill puppies and shit. DICE however as earned my trust thanks to their stellar support of Battlefield 4

Point 3: The removal of guns
Balanced out by a deeper melee system that actually try to insert itself in the constant movement mentality. For me it shows a better understanding of the core concept of speed and agility.

Point 4: unnecessary and boring open-world
The biggest complaint some had about the first ME was it's extreme linearity. I would have preferred open-ended levels where there is a better control of pacing but the chunk that was playable was tightly designed and really fun to run around in. As for the visual style, yeah you can think it's too white but I like that it allows crucial elements to stand out more, making the situation clearer and faster to analyse which should allow fluid movement

Point 1: Skill system
I agree, the very idea is shit, as is the constant red trail that shows you exactly where to go. Regarding the former, in the open beta I was able to unlock all movement related skills in 30 min tops, I hope it can be done the same way in the full game. Some upgrades seem to be tied to the story which I like as it will gradually open more parts of the world. Regarding the latter, it can be turned off and that's what I did in the beta. It didn't impact my experience and that''s why I think it was an afterthought pushed by EA

tl;dr: beta gave me good impressions

>If anyone here is actually stupid enough to get this game when it comes out.
>I don't understand why the game is so appealing so I'm not stupid, they are
>I don't understand so THEY are stupid

Good points man. I understand that you had a great time with the beta and you enjoy it. That's rad for you. I can't really say 2 m sales isn't a bit of a flop compared to their other titles though,
and for me DICE has yet to release a game in the past 5 year that I felt was really "finished" and you can't say they didn't totally drop the ball with Battlefront.

To the point with guns I took it as laziness. You can take it however you want.

point 4. it seems like you kind of agreed with me i'm not sure im stoned,

and point 1 yeah I don't think anyone is gonna fight the opinion of the skill system...I still don't see how any of it was cringe worthy. But idgaf. I'm trying to battle this hype train on this game that looks underdeveloped to me.

>implying 300 views means anything next to the embarrassment of admitting to actually being the sperglord who made the video
>Implying I don't have adblock
>Implying your smalltime bullshit will ever get off the ground

Spot on! But you're missing the part where I rage about it too.

nigga i rad as hell.hahaha

- it's about Parkour.
It's about identifying your environment, identifying efficient and useful ways to move around your environment, it's about doing so to escape danger and or eliminate enemies like a fucking ninja - because it also incorporates hybrid hand to hand combat Parkour.

- It's about Parkour-based-combat
It's about being a fucking ninja, not a mindless throw away gun, I mean soldier not gun, who runs around pointing and pulling the trigger.

- muh beautiful open world urban city environment

- muh dystopian future setting

- testing epin Parkour skills all around open world

- muh storyline

- muh missions and objectives

- muh side missions and objectives

- more fun than car racing games

>>Implying I don't have adblock
Adds are what keep YouTube going, user...

>youtube.com/watch?v=B8xUo97yV38
>a lot of this is just an opinion
this

I kinda don't get Star Wars but what I saw in Battlefront was passionate craftsmanship being exploited by suits who just care about profitability. Hearing that EA canned the single-player to release the game close to the movie, it just shows how shit publisher can be. Battlefield 4 was also pushed out by EA while unfinished. Hell, even ME was just supposed to be a low-key affair (didn't even use Frostbite) but EA marketed it to hell and raised the expectations to a level not matched by the production values.

I don't agree with you on the open world. I was really afraid they'd lose the focus allowed by linearity. What I played however was a small but dense map so dunno really

Again, I don't think this game is gonna be a masterpiece. The story looks cringey, the grapple has me a bit worried, I think it's gonna be short, side-missions are not very developed, I'm afraid about an overuse of the combat system but I like the movement which gives me the feeling I have when free-running, the music is still by Solar Fields and the sound design is basically guaranteed to be great because it's DICE

Also there's a FOV slider on console

yes comments above are just to rile you neckbeards up ;].