How hard are these things to drive...

How hard are these things to drive? We're having excavation done on our property and the workers left their killdozer with the keys in it. They won't be back until Monday

Try it

That's an excavator. You can play with it easily enough. Just don't go full throttle.

Its on a slope so I'm concerned with just starting it

Its a tank dude. even if you drive it off, you can dri veit back up and they wont know the difference

Left stick to drive, right stick to move the arm and bucket

What do the peddles do?

The joysticks at your armrest level are for controling the boom (arm)

The foot pedals and the levers near the windshield are for crawling it on its tracks.

How good is your insurance? Just don't fuck it up.

There are buttons on the sticks

Never driven one of those, but I can drive a backhoe and it's pretty simple. YouTube or Google on how to drive that specific one, I'm sure you can find a video of the basics anywhere

HOLY FUCK THAT'S LOUD!
I just started it

those control auxillary hydraulics (move the jaw of on the bucket)

dig a moat

don't do something stupid, but if you do don't forget to livestream it for us!

Right joystick is boom and attachment left joystick is turn and dipstick. Peddles are for tracks

see

Moat is good practice for using the claw

fucking bump

is op kill?

OP is kill

OP if they were in the middle of doing something, continue where they left off. hopefully this will save you from paying them for those hours when you can do it yourself

Guys I just moved it a bit
Fuck this I'm going to fuck something up
Sorry for shitty thread

NATURAL SELECTION....

>inb4 OP already fucked that excavator up by throwing it on its side or falling down that slope

that is for missiles

pussy

do it

If you do mess with it, make sure you let the engine run for 10 minutes or so before you move it. It's bad for those machines to operate on a cold engine

sure..lets worry about not fucking up the machine,,instead of OP accidentally killing himself with said machine....

thats called a track-hoe. the pedels in the middle are forward and the outside are reverse. they control the tracks independently. so if you were to push the inside left and the outside right at the same time you would spin around. The joystick on the left controls the rotation of the cap and the one on the right controls the arm.

Nigger if he manages to kill himself while inside the machine, he deserves it. They're really not complicated at all

He's right big diesels like to warm up and cool down just idle a minute or two before you shut it down feet each are one track forward backward right hand joystick is for all extents and purposes wrist and elbow buttons are thumb and left stick is rotation and shoulder find the throttle start off at about 30% till you get the controls as a new operator I'd say don't get out to full throttle if your getting tippy you can use the bucket to stabilize yourself and push to better bound but that looks pretty flat I wouldn't worry too much there hard to tip at the least move the spoil piles around do something equipment is a good playtoyb

stop giving instructions to faggot OP..hes gonna tip it and get squashed or roll it into the lake and drown..

you still here OP??
status report please

yeah, better let him live so he can entertain us with details!
biggest kek would be if he manages to destroy that excavator but survive and then has to explain how it happened to the construction company

Think about it this way.
If they're going to notice you have been tampering with their machine you've already tampered with it and if they're gonna notice anything they'll notice that.
So if you're gonna get a round of fuckings for it, you might as well have a decent go. At least then you can say it was worth it. You'll be right pissed at yourself if you get an ear drum ringer just for starting it and switching it off again.

unless you already tried and they said no, why not wait til monday and ask the driver whether you can have a go and get him to guide you through what the controls do

All the more reason to tell him how, tbh.

But obviously you've never used heavy equipment in your life. If you manage to kill yourself while inside it, it was meant to be. Worst case scenario he knocks over some small trees or puts the bucket through his house

>a round of fuckings

Come on don't be a pussy. Drive it.

did OP died?

OP is either upside down or has definitely shit it and has gone back inside to watch nicolodeon jr.

That more than likely won't happen. Anybody who works for an insured business has to be certified to operate that specific sort of equipment. Allowing anybody who isn't qualified to operate it is a liability, and if the employee let's him use it and he happens to fuck it up it still comes back on the company.

The company I work for uses tractors and various heavy equipment, I'm only allowed to drive the tractor(on the job sites anyway) because I don't have the required permits for the other shit. At my bosses house I can use whatever he tells me to, but if by chance I fuck up something at a customers he'd be in deep shit.

They might even be in some shit if OP were to fuck something up on his own without them being there or knowing, because they left the keys in it. I'm not sure about that though

dude chill, i guarantee anyone inattentive enough to leave the keys in and the main disconnect on won't have photgraphic memory to recall the exact orientation it was parked in or even cared to write down the time on the service hour meter.

its a good opportunity to get the basics for a very useful piece of equipment

pedals are for left and right travel

left control stick is for stickin/out and cab swing left/right

right control stick is for boom up/down and bucket curl/uncurl

just take things slow, and make sure to watch out for power lines and pedestrians while swinging. don't dig all willy nilly unless you're sure theres no utility lines in the area

Ner, his shit it already mate.

sound advice

May be too late, but just keep your bucket low to the ground on the downhill side. If you tilt over, the bucket is there to catch you.